memories remain ── shokugeki...

By saraccha

▬▬▬ ▬▬ ❝ 𝗠𝗘𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦 𝗥𝗘𝗠𝗔𝗜𝗡 ˚ . ✦ ➤ 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗐𝗁𝗈 𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗈 𝖽𝖾𝖾𝗉 𝗌𝗅�... More

➤ Exordium
➤ zero . . .
➤ one . . .
➤ three . . .
➤ four . . .
➤ five . . .
➤ six . . .
➤ seven . . .
➤ eight . . .
➤ nine . . .
➤ ten . . .
➤ eleven . . .
< special episode >
➤ twelve . . .
➤ thirteen . . .
➤ fourteen . . .
➤ fifteen . . .
➤ sixteen . . .
➤ seventeen . . .
➤ eighteen . . .
➤ nineteen . . .
➤ twenty . . .
➤ twenty - one . . .
➤ twenty - two . . .
➤ twenty - three . . .
➤ twenty - four . . .
➤ twenty - five . . .
➤ twenty - six . . .
➤ twenty - seven . . .
➤ twenty - eight . . .
➤ twenty - nine . . .
➤ thirty . . .
➤ thirty - one . . .

➤ two . . .

5.1K 261 258
By saraccha

ENTERING THE TOTSUKI CULINARY ACADEMY...

It is now the first day of your High School Life. You were about to enter the school when you suddenly saw a girl around your age with two low braids. The girl was shaking, maybe because she was nervous? Who knows? You approached the nervous girl and tapped on her shoulder to grab her attention.

"Hm? What's a cute girl like you doing here outside Totsuki? Why won't you go inside?" You cooed, giving the girl an angelic smile. 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
System:

Name: Tadokoro Megumi
Age: 15
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Megumi is cuter up close.." You thought to yourself, smiling softly. The girl named Megumi sighed and glanced at you. Her eyes grew big.

"E-eh?! Y-Y/n Ki-Kinoshita?!" Megumi shouted, you then placed your index finger on your chin.

"Heh~? I didn't know I was quite popular." You smirked, playing the role of Y/n excellently.

"Then, I'll be going now, ojou-sama might shout at me if I'm late~" You sung, you gave her a small wave and you entered the school. Students of Totsuki were already lined up, you on the other hand went to the side of the stage were Erina stood at.

"We will next present the new students with their class badge." The emcee said announces as he looks at the paper that was on the small podium in front of him.

"Incoming Valedictorian, Nakiri Erina." When Urara called her name, Erina went to the stage.

"Here." She said and started walking all the way to the front, wearing a confident smile. You clapped but not too loud while leaning against the wall.

"Ah, Erina-sama.. Exquisite as always." One of the complimented her.

"Beautiful and at the top of her class.." 

"She is perfection incarnate!"

"If I could go on a date with her for even a single day, I'd die happily."

"Dumbass, Watch your mouth! Y/n-sama might here you!"

"You'll get kicked out of the academy!"

"Yeah..."

"She's the daughter of the don who heads the food industry mafia!"

After Erina had her badge, she started walking all the way to the tent-like place that she will be staying for the meantime.

"Congrats, Erina-chan~" You cooed, clapping while showing a smile.

"Next, Incoming Salutatorian, Kinoshita Y/n." Erina was the one to give you a smile this time. You got to the stage, smiling confidently at the students whose eyes all followed you

"Y/n-sama is getting prettier each day~!" One of the students said looking at you with dreamy eyes as they sigh softly, wishing some sort of dating scenarios with you.

"I know, right?!" The other one agreed.

"Whoever is Y/n-sama's future boyfriend is lucky!"

"That would be me, of course!"

"Keep on dreaming!"

After putting the badge on your chest, you thanked them and went to the side of the stage.

"We now welcome our keynote speaker: The director of our Totsuki Academy--" The students suddenly gasped, some of them were shaking in fear as they heard. Their priceless expression made you burst out into a laughing mess.

"-Nakiri Senzaemon-sama." The director was now infront, he opened his eyes and stared at the front. If his expression could kill, everyone would have died like a massacre.

"H-he's terrifying!" One of the students stuttered, shivering in fear as they look at the Director. 

"He has the entire Academy--no, the entire Japanese food world under his thumb!" One of them exclaimed, you then took out your phone from your pocket and captured the scene. Surely this will serve use as proper blackmail.

"Y/n-san, why are you taking pictures of them?" Erina asked, questioning your childish actions. This was not like how Y/N Kinoshita acted before. But then again, that girl was hard to predict.

"Hmm~ Their expressions are funny. I wanna picture this moment." You said, laughing madly as you took many pictures in different angles. Erina sweatdropped.

"Greetings. Congratulations on your advancement to the high school division.." The director congratulated the students who were shock.

"During your three years in the junior high school division, you have obtained a basic skill set in cooking and deepened your understanding of each ingredient," He paused for a second, looking around.

"In addition to the cooking practicum, you attended classroom lectures on a variety of topics including culinary theory--" The director named Sanzaemon kept on blabbering. You covered your mouth and yawned, getting bored by his words.

"This is boring~ can't I go out or something?" You asked Erina, who was standing with her arms fold together. She shook her head 'no' to your question. You groaned. You sat on the couch provided, and Erina did the same as the both of you listened to what the Director was saying.

"--The challenges you'll now face are not about your skills or knowledge, but whether you have the wherewithal to survive as a food professional."

"99 percent of you.. Are meant to be sacrifices for honing the remaincing 1 percent!" Sanzaemon exclaimed, the students once again felt the pressure and fear on their shoulders.

"Pfft-- He really likes scaring students, hmm?~" You laughed.

"--Hone yourself." 

"E-eh?! What did Sanzaemon-sama said?! Ne ne, Erina-chan! What did he say?!" You asked, you didn't listened to what he explained because you were busy laughing at their reactions.

"That's what you get for not listening. I will not tell you what he said." Erina said, making you groan again.

"That is all." He ended his speech and left the stage.

"This academy only has such strong name recognition because of the intense competition allowing only a selected few to complete their education." Erina mumbled softly.

"Should one succeed in advancing to actual graduation, their stardom in the food world is assured for their remaining lifetime." She spoke again, making you nod your head.

"I pity those who are in the same generation as us." You mumbled, looking at your nails. You mentally sighed as you were glad that you still memorize their lines. 

"Yeah. They have been destined to fight over who gets to be in third place since the time they were born." She said, you hummed softly.

"Finally, we'd like to introduce one transfer student who will be joining your ranks today." The emcee told the students. You then saw at your peripheral view the look of Erina, who was kind of shock to know that there is one transferee.

"So one student made the cut in a different exam..?" Erina muttured under her breathe as she looked down. You stood up and went out of the tent, Erina's eyes followed your movements.

"Where are you going, Y/n-san?" The girl asked.

"Hmm, I'll just be outside of this tent, I want to see the new transfer's face." You went out, the other students attention went to yours as they saw you.

"It's Y/n-sama!"

"Is she curious about the new transferee?" You then waved your hand to them, leaning on the wall.

"Oh, sorry to be talking to ya'll from up here." Yukihira said and giggled while scratching his head.

"Just be quick about it, please." Urara said.

"I'll keep it short and sweet then." He paused.

"Just a couple of sentences."

"Uh, I'm Yukihira Soma. To be honest, this academy is just a stepping stone for me!"

"I wasn't expecting to transfer here, but I don't plan on losing to folks who've never actually served customers." He said.

"Anyway, what I'm getting at is.. Basically, now that I'm here.."

"I'm gonna take the number one spot!" He exclaimed, raising his index finger. You chuckled as you clapped your hands. Everyone's attentions were averted to you. You stood up to face Yukihira.

"I didn't know you were that confident, Yukihira-kun~" You cooed, imitating his actions.

"I'm gonna take the number one spot." You mimicked him before bursting into uncontrollable laughter.

"Oh! Y/n-san! Nice to see you again!" Yukihira said, giving you a cheeky smile.

"Ha?!"

"What does he mean 'nice to see you again'?!" The boys whispered-shouted.

"Nice to see you too, Yukihira-kun." You said. You then turned your back against them as you started walking to go at the back of the stage again. You were halted midway.

"Remember this, Yukihira-kun.. You can't, and you will never be able to surpass me." You told him, eyes glowing brightly as you looked back at him.

"Wah! Y/n-sama is so cool!" 

"I know, right?!"

"I think I'm inlove~!" The others started throwing things to Yukihira and also shouting profanities.

"Did I acted like the real Y/n Kinoshita, System?" You asked the system in your head.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
System:

Yes. Excellently execute, Y/n.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Yay!" you cheered inside your head.

◜          ◝
Time Skipped
◟           ◞

"You'll be splitting off into different classes and starting your coursework right off the bat."

"Today, you'll be cooking in pairs with your current partner, got it?" Yhe professor instructed. You then look around the room, seeing that Yukihira and Megumi is on the same class as you.

"Are~? Erina-chan isn't in this class." You mumbled softly.

"Y/n-sama! Please be my partner!"

"No! I shall be the one! We were destined to be together!"

"Keep on dreaming. Y/n-sama is my partner!" The boys in your class started arguing.

"I forgot to mention, Y/n Kinoshita, you will be cooking alone." The professor said. You gave him a smile. The boy's faces dropped upon the professor's statement.

"Hai~!" You sung, you then went to your workspace. You took a glance at the ingredients on your counter.

"I'm not even good at cooking. I could barely cook an egg in my world." You told yourself.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
System:

Your character is a great cook,
so you don't need to worry. Though
I will still be guiding you.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Oh, okay!" you replied.

You then felt the atmosphere became uncomfortable. You wandered your eyes around the room and saw that the students were looking- more like glaring at Yukihira. You just chuckled because Yukihira didn't even mind.

"Eh, Yukihira-kun. You made the atmosphere uncomfortable." You said, puffing your cheeks as you glared playfully.

"H-hah?--" Yukihira got cutted off when saw Megumi crouching beside him. They started talking, but you only heard a little bit of their talks.

"--Nervous? Why?" Yukihira asked

"If I get even one more E rating, I'll get expelled."

"Huh.."

"I'd heard this is an elite school, but I guess even they have people like you." Yukihira said, which made Megumi's heart broke at his words.

"pft- Ara, Yukihira-kun, that's not how you comfort someone~" You cooed, playing with the knife that you were holding. The others that were watching you sweatdropped, scared that you may drop or scrap yourself.

You then saw Megumi getting uncomfortable with the stares of your fellow classmates, you didn't want for the cinnamon roll to be uncomfortable. So you stared at one of them and glared, making them flinch.

"Quit giving them those looks, do you want your eyes to get poked out?" You scared them, pointing the tip of the knife to them. They then shivered in fear and started looking everywhere except to you.

"Attention!" Someone entered, getting the attention of the students. 

"Good morning, my young apprentice." the professor said.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
System:

Name: Roland Chapelle
Totsuki Academy Lecturer
French Cuisine Lead.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Oh, good morning~!" You sung out, waving your hand at the professor. He then nodded his head, acknowledging your presence.

"O-ohayo Gozaimasu.." the others greeted back.

"A.. A... Appla tea..?" Yukihira stuttered, making you laugh again.

"Pfft-" you stifled a laugh.

"That is Roland Chapelle-sensei." Megumi whispered softly, her hands were shaking.

"You become responsible for creating a delectable dish the moment you step into the kitchen. Neither experience nor status can excuse you from this duty." Chapelle said.

"In my class, any dish that fails to deserve an A rating will automatically receive an E rating. Remember that." The man informed.

You then heard Megumi and Yukihira talking about something again.

"--His nickname is The Chef Who Never Smiles. Only the Y/N Kinoshita made him smile!" Megumi exclaimed while her hands were shaking.

"Huh. Wha-- did you just say Y/n Kinoshita?!" Yukihira asked, though he didn't recieve and reply from Megumi.

"Today's menu item is boeuf bourguignon. It can be said to be a staple in French cuisine, but I'll put the recipe up on the board, anyway." Someone, who you assumed is his assistance, started writing on the white board.

"Two hours is your time limit. Each team should serve the dish as soon as it's complete." He instructed.

"Let us begin. Start cooking!"

You started cutting the vegetables that were needed for the dish, you were gracefully cooking with no sweat. As the other students stopped on what they were doing only to admire you cook. The system gave you the procedures on what to do, luckily your character is a pretty great cook so nothing stressed you out.

After cooking the meat for 40 minutes, you were already set. All you need to do now is to put the meat on the plate and give it to the lecturer for him to taste. 

You went to the front and presented your dish to the lecturer, giving him a small smile.

"Please enjoy." You said. The lecturer started cutting the meat, he didn't waste any seconds and ate it. He sighed in pure bliss upon tasting your dish.

"I haven't tasted your dish for a long time, Kinoshita-san." He then gave you a big smile.

"I give your dish an A rating!" He exclaimed. You clapped your hands together.

"Je Vous Remercie." You grinned.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
System:

New Mission Unlocked:
Help Megumi and Yukihira
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Help? Wh-- oh! It's about the two guys he poured a lot of salt on the meat!" You told yourself. Luckily, there was a jar filled with honey on your counter. You then glance at Yukihira and you saw him looking at the half opened lid. 

"Tadokoro, did you open the lid?" He asked the blue-haired girl.

"Huh? No." Megumi shook her head.

"We still have to simmer it for 20 minutes." Megumi said and went towards it. Yukihira glanced at his back and saw that the two boys were smirking at him. He then decided to open the lid, only to see the meat was covered with salt.

"Huh?! What's this white stuff?" Megumi asked.

"And.. that's my cue." You muttured as you took a hold of the jar, you walked to their place and simply slid the jar of honey without catching any attention from the others. Yukihira gave you a questioning look, you answered him by placing your index finger between your lips and you winked at him. You then went back to your place, leaning on the counter. You saw them moving around, working in a fast pace, you smirked.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
System:

Mission Completed.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Look, that big-mouth transfer students all worked up." You heard someone spoke, your ears perked up.

"Well, I bet an E-rating's guaranteed, no matter what."

"Surely."

You went towards them, placing both of your hands on their shoulders, they slightly flinch because of the contact and they glance at their back, only to see you smiling. 

"Hm, are you the one who placed salt on their meat?" You asked, an irk mark was shown on top of your head. They shivered at the sudden tone of your voice. They knew they were fucked.

"My my~ do you know the saying, whatever goes around, eventually comes back to you.?" You smiled and winked at them. You left and went beside the lecturer, having a small talk with him while he tasted the dish that the others had made.

"Evaluation, please!" Yukihira raised his voice, he caught the attention of the people inside this room.

"All done!" He said, placing the plate on the table. He then took the fork, squeezing the meat slightly.

"So tender.. The fork's practically springing back." The lecturer exclaimed.

"Your team had an accident, If I recall. How did you manage to finish the assignment?" he asked. Yukihira let out a laugh.

"We used honey!" He said.

"I kneaded it into the meat before the braise, and it was also included in the seasoning." He then glance at you and gave you a wink, which made you blush slightly. You covered half of your face so he won't see you blush.

"ajidiawjdauid he's so handsome what the heck?" You mentally screeched.

"Hmm.. "

"Honey has protease, which breaks down proteins. The protease went to work on the tough beef flank, allowing you to tenderize it in the short time you had left." You commented, looking at the dish that was perfectly made.

"Correct." the lecturer nodded, he then tried their dish. After tasting the dish, the lecturer smiled widely, his cheeks were tinted pink.

"Roland Chapelle-sensei..."

"Smiled?!" The others shouted in unison, shocked to see the lecturer smile that isn't about your dish that you made.

"Aww! Here I thought that I will be the only one to make sensei smile." You sulked, pouting slightly. 

"Yukihira and Tadokoro.. I'll give you an A-rating!" The lecturer exclaimed, still smiling. You glance around the room, then you saw the two guys who sabotaged Yukihira and Megumi cooking. The two guys accidentally ruined their dish. You chuckled.

The lecturer gave you the permission to go outside for your next class. Though before you went outside, you walked towards their station.

"Told ya." You said and left while still wearing a smirk.

════════════════

"Arigato Gozaimasu!" Megumi bowed at a 90° angle to thank you. You then gave her a questioning look. You were about to ask why she was thanking you, when Yukihira suddenly appeared.

"oh! Y/N! Thank you for the help earlier!" Yukihira said, giving you a wide grin.

"oh, earlier. Yeah, it's no big deal." You said. You gave them an angelic smile. Yukihira smiled at you as he patted your head, which made you blush. 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
S

ystem:

New Friends Unlocked:
Yukihira Souma and
Megumi Tadokoro.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"E-eh--!" You got cutted off when he started walking, waving his hands at you. You just flashed a small smile and started walking at the opposite direction, you glance every minute at your back to see if Yukihira is gone. When you saw that he was no-where to be seen, You started squealing.

"Acck! Yukihira patted my head. Oh my god!" You squealed, covering your blushing face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276K 8.1K 30
What do you get when mixing gambling and cooking, we get shokugeki. Which is what made a girl earn the name, Blood Hound She lives in the madness of...
3.3K 53 17
It is after the Regimental Food War and (y/n) is a student at Totsuki Academy. She was invited to join the council of ten by Soma Yukihira, Erina Nak...
255K 11.5K 71
Just two people with completely different personalities. Some would describe him as the sun while they would describe you as the moon. He was a walki...
9K 260 21
Chisaya Fuichi is a 2nd year student in Totsuki Academy and Eizan Etsuya is one of her close friends. Everything was going smoothly until Nakiri Azam...