Down to Earth (Vegeta x Bulma)

By kaylafiee

What if Bulma and Vegeta met when they were teenagers? How will their developing romance change the story tha... More

1: Who Are You?
2: Two Choices, One Decision
3: Too Close
4: Answers
5: Jealousy
6: Seperation
7: Feelings
8: Danger
9: Confrontation
10: No Self-Control
The Kiss (Special Draft)
12: The Threat Arrives
13: Clash of Rivals
14: Desperate Tears
15: Hope
16: The Conclusion

11: Exposure

1.1K 28 8
By kaylafiee

_______________________________

Hi, guys! Thank you SO much for over 700 views on this story, that's literally insane. When I was writing the first chapter, I never expected to receive this much support. 💕
_______________________________

Bulma's aquamarine eyes shifted towards the outdoor garden in vain.

She attempted to completely forget about what happened yesterday, but the scene was still fresh in her mind.

How could she not forget about it? The way that Saiyan's firm lips roughly consumed her own was just mesmerizing. God, the feeling was heavenly.

"Ugh!" Bulma exclaimed sourly, her head shaking with disapproval. With an audible huff, the girl approached a nearby rose bush. "I need to stop remembering."

That would be nearly impossible, though.

The thought of the kiss was like a lost puppy that constantly followed her, begging for attention.

Speaking of which...

"Bulma, hey! Funny seeing you here."

This prompted the girl to whirl around, her short blue tresses moving simultaneously with her body.

"Yamcha?" She inquired, her sculpted eyebrows raising due to genuine confusion as he jogged up.

What was he doing here?

"Yeah! I was just driving by and I saw you outside," he signaled over towards his car, which appeared to be brand new compared to when Bulma had seen him a month ago. "How've you been?"

How had she been? Terrible! What was the best possible way to say that she made-out with her alien houseguest?

"Oh, you know, the usual," she awkwardly replied, flashing a half-hearted smile at the boy standing in front of her.

Her and Yamcha didn't quite end on good terms the last time they spoke, but all was forgotten. They fought so much that the reasons for it were always unknown.

"Listen," he eventually said, his dark brown eyes lowering in order to examine her features. "I was wondering if you wanted to go to the tournament with me... like old times."

The desert bandit took a step closer to her, his serious expression scrutinizing Bulma's bewildered one.

"I want to do everything I can to impress you, B. I missed you so—"

Bang!

The abrupt slam of the kitchen door echoed throughout the yard. It were as if the colorful arrangements of flowers withered at the sound.

The commotion prompted both Bulma and Yamcha to jump and whirl around, their gazes sweeping over towards none other than...

"Vegeta," growled the desert bandit, his brows furrowing at the sight of the prince. He bent his knees as if he was preparing for a fight.

By the looks of things, Vegeta was just heading out to the Gravity Chamber to begin his training.

He had been secretly attempting to avoid the heiress all day, but unfortunately for him, he came across her and the Earthling warrior.

That moment from yesterday embarrassed him heavily and only reminded him of his weakness; a weakness of him succumbing to the charms of that blue-haired girl.

The Saiyan simply pursed his lips in response to Yamcha's nonverbal threat, his raven eyes flickering over at him with visible amusement.

"What's this? I didn't know that the weaklings were gathering up at one location today," he smugly shot back, smirking as the other male tensed his shoulders.

"You sure have some nerve, pal! I bet that Bulma doesn't appreciate your rude company."

Yamcha's gaze drifted over towards the heiress next to him, expecting her to fully be in agreement with him.

However, that didn't happen.

The only thing he could see on her face was an unfamiliar expression. It was one that he had never witnessed before.

Bulma remained silent, her hues shifting towards the boy beside her, then finally peering over at Vegeta.

"You don't think that she enjoys my company?" The words slipped past the Saiyan's lips like silk. His tone held a combination of both secrecy and mischief as he added, "I beg to differ."

After speaking, the prince would position his cold stare onto the blue-haired heiress, unable to contain the smirk that soon materialized on his face.

He was carefully hinting at what had transpired the night before, she knew that.

That voice and smug grin of his sent an inevitable shiver straight down the girl's spine. And, like before, she was beginning to recall their passionate kiss.

The thought made her cheeks flush.

Luckily for her, she managed to regain her composure.

Yamcha, oblivious of the tension between them, simply blinked at Bulma and her odd behavior.

"Whatever, Vegeta," she eventually blurted out, shooing the alien off with a dismissive wave of her hand. "Just go play in the Gravity Chamber or something."

The Saiyan's features grew sour as he processed her words.

Go play?

He was training with all of his might just to even be a match for the approaching Zarbon. Was she even aware of how much of a challenge this would be?

No, she didn't know.

Vegeta wanted nothing more than to lash out at her for her stupidity, but just decided to storm off instead. Arguing with her on such matters wasn't worth it.

Yamcha's raven eyes narrowed as he and the girl beside him watched the prince leave.

"Anyways, would you like something to drink?"

The scientist's question prompted the desert bandit to strike a toothy grin.

———————————————————————

"Then I said, 'I could play the entire game by myself and still win!'" Boasted Yamcha, crossing his arms against his chest while reclining back in his seat.

Of course, much to Bulma's annoyance, he was talking about baseball.

The girl wordlessly placed her elbow against the kitchen table, resting her cheek in her palm.

Conversations with him were rather boring, especially since he wouldn't shut up about sports.

It were as if the warrior could sense her boredom because he soon nervously changed the topic. "So, are you and your dad working on any new inventions?"

His inquiry took her by surprise since he never really asked anything of the sort before.

"Well, we have to constantly repair the Gravity Chamber for Vegeta," she eventually uttered, her eyes sauntering towards the glass of lemonade in Yamcha's hands.

The boy's features visibly contorted into a displeased expression. He parted his lips to reply, but was soon interrupted.

"He's just super dedicated," chimed Mrs. Briefs, her tone light and sweet. "I think it's adorable that he's willing to do anything to get stronger. That's very admirable!"

The two of them blinked over at the blonde woman as she entered the room. For once, Bulma was actually relieved that her mom swooped in.

If not, things would've probably gotten pretty awkward.

Another strange thing was that the heiress found herself agreeing with her mother. Sure, Vegeta could be a complete ass, but he definitely didn't give up on his goals.

"The guy is insane! I mean, he's not even from this planet," Yamcha sternly interjected, his voice slicing through the tranquil atmosphere of the kitchen.

Mrs. Briefs and her daughter shifted their attention onto him, both of them blinking in unison.

"He's just like any other person, though," Bulma said.

"Of course you would know, honey. You're the one that kissed him!~"

The young girl would immediately redden at the sly comment thrown into the air by her mother.

She was at a complete loss for words, evident by the way she gawked in silence.

By the looks of things, Yamcha was acting the exact same way. His eyebrows were risen due to utter shock.

However, that flustered aura of Bulma's soon altered into a ticking time bomb of fury. It began when she abruptly stood up from her chair and clenched both of her fists.

"MOM!" Screamed the heiress, her shrill voice echoing throughout the room. "I can't believe you!"

Why would she go and spout out my personal business?! She inwardly thought, her desperate eyes recoiling over towards Yamcha.

She watched as the speechless desert bandit scrunched his face up in disgust, his once playful grin altering into a deep-set frown.

Kami, she hadn't ever seen him this mad before.

"How about I go and bring you two some pastries...?" Questioned Mrs. Briefs, concealing her lips with a hand.

All the helpless Bulma could do was watch in astonishment and guilt as the visibly angered Yamcha also stood up.

"That won't be necessary," he murmured, his narrowed eyes flickering over towards the door.

And with that, he was gone.

_______________________________
(1,362 words.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

581K 9.4K 112
In Age 759, Son Goku and Chi-Chi had their second child, a boy they named Son Y/N. Unlike his brother, Y/N trains with Goku, growing stronger and str...
47.7K 741 111
Meet Kuzuku, a young Saiyan who traveled to Earth at a young age. Read this story to discover his adventure with Goku and his friends as he battles v...
1.6K 105 12
γ€ŒThe Gift of Immortality」 Dragon Ball Story: INSERT READER β•°βž€ GENDER-NEUTRAL READER Γ— DRAGON BALL CHARACTERS β€’Β°βœ©Β°β€’ A warrior named [π™π™žπ™§π™¨π™© 𝙉𝙖...
1.5K 28 14
That little twitch or tingle in your tail could mean you just found your mate. Brock and Vi are my own characters in the Dbz Universe. They are both...