The Last Hunt

بواسطة jirii_

When Scarlett and her friends moved to Tansville for college, they discovered something they should not have... المزيد

The First Hunt
The Second Hunt
The Third Hunt
The Fifth Hunt

The Fourth Hunt

5 1 0
بواسطة jirii_

“Chris?” I muttered. Then two man showed up. It was his brothers. Their eyes were also red. They were hissing and growling at the wolves.

“Mr. Hammock, keep close to Scarlett. Don't let any of them near her.” Chris said. Suddenly, another wolf showed up and went beside me.

“Mr. Hammock? The thirty-seven year old man who works at the book cafe?” I asked. Chris nodded at me before returning his attention to the wolves. He and his brothers were fighting them.

“He's a werewolf?” I unbelievably asked myself, eyes wide open with the current situation.

“Chris, Eric, get Scarlett to safety along with Hammock. I'll take care of this.” Sam said. They both nodded at him.

“Scarlett...” Chris muttered. He lifted me up and carried me.

“Mr. Hammock, our house. Now.” Eric told the werewolf beside me, who I suppose, is Mr. Hammock. The werewolf ran to the direction where their house is located.

And in just one second, Chris and I were already at his house. Then I felt the pain of my wound.

“Are you alright?”

“I- I am not alright! What is going on?!" I said.

“Chris, just let her forget this happened.” I looked at Eric unbelievably. What the Heck? Forget everything?

“What do you mean forget everything?! I'm not gonna let this pass! Not after what I just saw! I almost died and you expect me to just forget everything?!” I angrily said.

“Erick, that's the thing. I can't.” Chris said.
“What do you mean you can't? Of course you can. Hypnotize her.”

“Scarlett's a Belerophon...” Chris said.

“B-Belerophon?” Mr. Hammock then appeared at the door.

“I tried getting through her mind. I can't.” Chris explained.

“Can somebody explain to me what's going on?!” I told them.

“Who ar—” I paused.

“What are you?”
“Well, Chris, I think you'd better tell her now.” Eric said. Chris faced me.

“Scarlett.... We're a Vampire.” He said. I scoffed unbelievably.

“Vampires...” I said, nodding my head.
“So they're true...“ I said... Then I hissed as I felt another pain coming from my wound.
“I'll get first aid.” Mr. Hammock said.

“Yeah...” Eric answered me.

“And what's— What do you mean by I'm a Belerophon?” I asked.

“It's something every vampire wants. They'd do everything they could just to get you and have your blood.”

“Eric, You're scaring her.”

“Frankly speaking, she should be.” Eric said.

Mr. Hammock came back and started to treat my leg that was badly injured. I can't even stand properly.

“How come you can come out during the day?” I asked. From what I know, vampires burn in contact with the sunlight. Chris then showed me his little tattoo on his wrist.

“A friend of ours helped us. Spells and magics.” Spells and magics? Witchcraft? If vampires exist, then do witches exist too?

“And Mr. hammock is really a werewolf?” I asked. Mr. Hammock nodded at me.

“Yeah. I'm sorry about earlier. They're not part of my pack. And they aren't supposed to be here.” Mr. Hammock explained.

“Aah!” I said as I felt a sharp pain from what Mr. Hammock applied to my wound.

“Hammock, be careful with her.” I looked at Eric as I noticed the sudden drop of formal words.

“He's older than you, you know.” I informed him, bearing the pain the wound was giving me.
“Older than me?” I heard Eric scoffed. I looked at him confusedly.

“He's twice our age, right?” I said, this time, unsure.
“About that...” Chris butted in. I looked at him.

“We're older than him by a century...” My jaw dropped at his words. A century?

“H-how old are you?” I asked.

“A  hundred and forty-four.” My ears perked up, having a hard time to believe what it just heard.
“Eric is a hundred and forty-six while Sam is a hundred and fifty.”

“Take it easy Scarlett. There's only so much you can handle. We'll discuss this with you tomorrow. You need to rest.”

Then Sam came in at the door, panting.

“Sam. All good?” Chris asked.

“Not really.”
“What does that mean?” I asked.

“I might have let one or two escape a—”

“You what?!” The three of them said in sync.

“Sam, they're Marduk's people! How could you let them escape?” Mr. Hammock said. Eric cursed to ehat Mr. Hammock said.

“How should I know?” Sam complained.

“Scarlett, you're staying here with us for the meantime.” Chris said. I quickly complained.

“What?! No! I need to get back home to Lexi. She's expecting me tonight.”

“Give me her number. I'll call her and tell her you're staying here with us.” Eric said.

“I can tell her that myself.” I told him.

“You'll get her in trouble. Those wolves earlier heard you. They'll probably report it to Marduk. Once he recognizes your voice on Lexi's phone, he'll come at her.” Sam said. A little hesitant, I still gave him Lexi's number. He then dialed her.

“Hello? This is Lexi, right?” He started.

“This is Scarlett's friend, she said she'll stay here in Chris’ house tonight..... Oh, this is Eric, a brother of Chris... Listen, she told me to tell you to never let anybody in your house." Eric said.

“Just please do as she say. She said she'll explain it to you tomorrow. I'll hang up.”

“Done.” He said. 

“I'll be outside. Hammock, come with me.” Sam said and went outside. Mr. Hammock followed him. Then Chris went to me. Even after knowing his true form, there wasn't a hint of fear coming from me at all. Not even one bit. What I'm afraid of is what's gonna happen next.

“Come on. You haven't eaten yet.” Chris helped me stood up and led me to the dining room.

“I'll go see what we have for her.” Eric went to the kitchen fridge. After a while he took out a leftover steak and put it inside the microwave. After that he put it on the table and got me a plate and spoon.

“Hammock got that steak last night.” Eric said and sat in front of me while Chris sat beside me. I started to eat but it was all too quiet for me to endure.

“Why aren't you eating?” I asked. Eric chuckled.

“We can't eat unless it's blood.” Chris answered. And then there was silence again. And I broke that silence again.

“Who's Marduk?” I asked.

“He's after you.” Eric said.

“Eric!”

“What? I'm just saying the truth.” He chuckled. Chris glared at him and answered me instead.

“He's a vampire too. He's been living since 1201. I think he's around nine hundred and twenty years old but he's the strongest among us vampires.” Chris explained. He then continued.

“He's not actually the first vampire. His father was. He turned his son Marduk into a vampire. Eventually the people found out and gathered together to kill Marduk. His father died on his stead, protecting him.

He started to turn everybody  involved in killing his father to a Vampire. One of them was the very first Belerophon to be discovered.”

“And what's a Belerophon?” I sked.
“It's something that you have. It's your blood. A powerful blood.”  Chris said.
“What do you mean powerful?” Then Edrick started to explain.

“Marduk killed that Belerophon. He drank every bit of blood the Belerophon had, not wasting a single drop out of anger. After a while, he went crazy. The last thing he knew, he was a hybrid. Your blood could turn anyone to a hybrid.” He said.
“That Belerophon had a child. And that family grew.” He added.

“Your point is?”

“That Belerophon and his family is somehow related to you. The last Belerophon we knew lived a century ago. All of the Belerophon died in the hands of Marduk except for her. She killed herself.” He explained to me. I took a sip of my water as I was done eating.

“Alright, that's all you need to know for now. There's still a lot you don't know. And there's only so much you can take. You need to rest and we'll explain the rest tomorrow.” Chris said. I sighed. What have I gotten myself into? How did I become like this? How did I become involved in all of this? Why did I suddenly become the most wanted person in the other world?

“I told you to stop thinking about everything and just take a rest first.” Chris told me. I saw Eric went outside.
“I just can't believe what's happening right now.” I said. He just grinned quietly.
“Come on, I'll lead you to my room. You can sleep there for the meantime.” I nodded at him. I slowly stood up and walked with him while he helped me get to the room. As i went in, I was surprised by how neat and clean his room is.

“You have a nice room. It's completely different from what I expected.” I said honestly.

“Are you telling me you've never been in my room for the past two months?” nodded at him and laughed.
“I always come here but I don't really go too far from the living room.” I told him as I sat at the white fluffy bed. 
“I thought vampires don't sleep?” I curiously asked. He laughed at my question
“What?”
“We do sleep. But I guess we don't sleep that much. It's just like a power nap or something like that.” He explained. I nodded, understanding what he meant.

“I should go and leave you to rest. If you need anything, say my name. Really. I'll be in the room downstairs.” I gave him a confusing look.
“Will you be able to hear me even downstairs?” He nodded at me.
“No matter how loud or weak you call, i'll be able to hear you.” he Assured me. Once again, I nodded at him.

“Goodnight.” He said and went outside the room. I looked around the room before lying down to sleep. It took me a while to get used to the place before sleeping peacefully.
When I opened my eyes, it was still dark. I looked at the clock at the bedside table and saw it was quarter to three in the morning. I was about to doze off when I felt something strange... Someone... I felt someone watching me. I looked to the window and saw no one. Strangely, the window was open. Did I left it open last night? I didn't even go to the window.

I roamed my eyes around the room slowly and then stopped when I saw something just in front of the closet. Something glowing. A pair of deep red glowing lights... It was someone. And I was so sure it was a vampire that it scared me. I couldn't move. I feel like if i even move a muscle, i'll be dead meat. He was staring at me.

“Chris...” I whispered, in a way nobody can hear except me. 

I looked at the door, the light suddenly turned on. Chris came in rushing inside the room.
“Scarlett?!” When my eyes went back to the man that was on the closet, he was gone.

The breath that I was holding on for a long time came off.
“Someoene was here.” He said. He wasn't asking a question. It's like he knew it. Like he sensed it. It was obvious I was scared and frightened.
“Are you okay?” He asked.

“I-Im fine...” Isaid. He went to take a look outside the window.
“He was inside... Just by the closet.” I told him as he closed the window. He nodded.
“He's a vampire. I sensed him...” Chris said then went to me.

“Did he do anything to you?” He sincerely asked as he held my head.
“I don't think so...”
“Listen, if anything happens again, I—”

“No.” I said as if I knew he was about to leave again. He looked at me softly.
“Please... Stay. I'm scared. I don't wanna be alone and—”
“Scarlett, you'll be fine...” He said as he tried to calm me
"No... Chris.. Please.” I begged, too scared to be alone. I mean, what if he comes back? And kills me this time? 

“Alright... As long as it's alright with you?” I quickly nodded at him and gave him space to sleep on the bed.
“Come here. You'll be safe." He said. I lied down beside him and he wrapped his arms around me. It didn't took long for me to fall asleep.

Hi, it's me. I'm back after how many weeks^⁠_⁠^ Sorry for the very late update, I had a dance workshop then I forgot about this HAJGAHSHAHAHHAA but here you go, I hope you like this update</3

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

163 38 18
When a wolf loses a mate by death their own death is near. Or that's what Marilyn was told growing up. If it was true she should have died two years...
Late Night Snack بواسطة Jenny

الخيال (فانتازيا)

49 20 17
Maddy Hastings, a college student with a hidden secret, is hunted for being a Belvie - a magical creature forced to live in hiding. When Greyson, a p...
127 5 14
Scarlett Smith is a woman in need of answers. Since her twenty first birthday strange things have been happening all around her. She has a feeling sh...
6.3M 198K 44
|| In his eyes, she glowed. Her pale skin was like a canvas, just waiting for him to paint it with his dark colors. She was his moon and his hope. ||...