Tragedy // Luke Hemmings

By flxsteredmxke

"The first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just ne... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
Epilogue
final authors note?

15

54 2 0
By flxsteredmxke

It's been a week since Luke said I'm not dying. It's almost the end of August, which means school's coming up. I'm doing online classes, for reasons you know. Lexi was still going though which means she'd have to break up with Michael. I didn't want her to break up with him, they were te cutest. I was currently Facetiming Luke before his show, that's what made me think of Lex and Mike. I sighed, and stayed quiet.

"What's wrong babe?"

"Nothin, just thinking."

"About what?"

"I'll tell you later."

"Why not now?" He whined

"Because..it's complicated."

"Damn!" He giggled, so did I.

"You know what Ju, I have a surprise for you!!"

"Really, what is it?"

"I know your probably tired but..please stay up for like a couple hours baby. For me?"

"Okay Luke."

"Yay! Well I gotta go because we're goin on now, but I love youuuuuu. Stay strong baby."

"Love you."

I hung up quickly, and just decided to turn on Netflix. About two hours later, Mike was trying to FaceTime me. I accepted and saw him on stage, with the boys. I giggled, and heard Luke speak.

"I want to dedicate this song to my beautiful girlfriend. I miss you baby, I love you. See you soon." They started to play, and my heart skipped an extra beat.

When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky, to the beat of our hearts at the same time, so close but so far away.

She sleeps alone, my heart wants to come home I wish I was, I wish I was..beside you. She lies awake, I'm tryna find the words to say, I wish I was, I wish I was..beside you!

I felt tears prickle at the ends of my eyes. I wanted to burst out crying. Cal's second part came on, as I just watched and listened. They sounded amazing. Mikey put his phone down or something, because I also saw him singing/playing.

There are peices of us both, under every city light, and they're shining as we fade into the night. She sleeps alone, my heart wants to come home, I wish I was, I wish I was...

They continued as I just sat there, watching, crying. He dedicated that song to me. Luke missed me? It didn't seem like it. He did, I was just downgrading myself. He was the greatest thing that's ever happened to me, so why was I pushing him away? I didn't want him getting hurt. I wanted to cry, but I didn't. I just waited til they said goodnight and ran off stage. Luke got the phone back, and looked at me with a wide smile.

"How was it?" He was happy

"Thank you. Your romantic and cute wow."

"I'm so glad you liked it baby!"

"Your making me cry...but I gotta go to bed soo goodnight handsome. Love you. And thanks for that...made my day."

"Anything for my princess. Love you more, night! Sleep tight." He winked and hung up. I sat on my bed and stared at my ceiling. I was going to hurt this boy whether he liked it or not, so why did he stay? I cringed at the thought of me dying. I knew I was going to, I had gotten terrible in the past week. I had to tell them all. Soon.

~

I woke up to kisses being planted all over my face. I opened my eyes quickly to see Luke planting kisses all over my face. I giggled and hugged him super tight.

"I missed you so much." I mumbled

"I missed you baby, but now I'm back. The tour is done!" He giggled, I frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"There's something I need to tell you Luke."

"Anything, always."

I looked down at our hands, they were intertwined. He cupped my chin, to make me look at him. I felt like crying again, but I didn't.

"Luke...I'm-"

"Tell me please." He was pleading

"I'm going to die."

"W-what?"

"I'm sorry...I needed to tell you."

"H-how do you know? How long?"

"They changed to chemo and well it's not going well. And I dunno probably a few months."

"Ju..no. Please no, you can't do this."

I sighed.

"Leave me, will you?"

"No! I'm not going to!!! I love you!"

"Your gonna get hurt dammit. Im trying to help you!"

"No. I'm staying whether you want me to or not."

"Fine." I mumbled, and sat in bed again. I was exhausted. He came in my bed and cuddled me, spooning. He was good always. Too good. I hated myself for falling for him, but I did. And he fell even harder for me, which I hated. I sighed.

"I just. Why are you still here? You can find someone so much better."

"There's no one better."

Just then my phone started buzzing. Lex. I answered, quickly.

"Hello?"

L: Julia. I need to come over. I broke up with Michael.
J: What? Why?
L: I'll explain everything when I come. Can I come over?
J: Luke's here.
L: He needs to be with Mike.
J: Okay, see ya soon. Bye.

"Who was that?"

"Lex, Luke you have to leave. Mike needs you right now."

"What are you talking about? What hap-" His began ringing. He answered.

"Hello? Mike, what's wrong? Are you okay? I'll be there shortly." Luke looked at me.

"She broke up with him..do you know why?"

"Yeah." I looked down

"Why?"

"School."

"Oh.."

"She loves him. She doesn't want to make it worst with them."

"Yeah..are you going to school?"

"Taking online."

"Oh."

"Yeah..so I'll see you later? Call me."

"Okay babe. Love you Ju." He kissed my forehead.

"Bye. Love you." He walked out of my house, Lexi came in my room, about ten minutes after he left. She was balling. Seeing Lexi cry was new, she never cried. I hugged her and tried my best to comfort her. I waited, I'm not going to push her.

"I had to Ju."

"I know Lex. Tell me everything."

Michael's POV:

"She said that school's coming up, and we're not going to have enough time together. She'll be too busy, and so will I. And she said that we won't have enough time that a real relationship needs. I started crying in front of her, I shouldn't have, but I did. I loved her."

"Mike she loves you too. It's harder than you know, and maybe she's right. That's how I feel with Julia. But Mike if you realy love her than you gotta fight for her man."

"I'll call her right now." I said to Luke.

Ring ring ring

L: He-hello?

I could tell she's been crying, and it broke me heart that she was.

M: Lex, I need you.
L: Mikey please your making this harder than it already is.
M: I love you. I'm so crazy in love with you, and I can't help it. I'm so sad you did this. Please we can find our way around it somehow. I know we can.
L: Mike this is my first year in college, I can't have a distraction. As good as you are to me I can't. I'm sorry. I love you Mikey, I'll always love you. You know that. Find a better girl for you okay?
M: Your the only one I want though.
L: Michael please.
M: O-Okay. I love you Lexi, so fucking much.
L: I love you to Michael Gordan Clifford so fucking much. Goodbye

She hung up, but I didn't cry. Because I knew there was worst things going on with her that I didn't know about. There was worst things happening in the world than a teenage breakup. I loved her, she'll always be my first love. But I didn't cry. I look at Luke and smile. He was an example. His girlfriend might die soon, and here I am, balling like a baby because my girlfriend broke up with me because of school. I hugged him for a while.

"Thanks for always being there mate."

"Mike you know I'm always here for you."

"I'm here for you too Luke, serouisly."

"I know." He smiles and looks at me.

"So..how's Julia?"

AN: WOWEDE. mike&lex broke up :(((

sorry. :// i had too. they'll reunite later tho ;) but let's talk about Julia bc she's dying and hasn't told anyone. im sighing. a big huge sigh. :/ luke is gonna be so hurt i cry.

well im ending this story soon, but for now there's gonna be so many more like plot twist and romantic moments w luke & ju❤️❤️ YAYA!!! ok well ily all keep reading bye :) x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

647K 21.3K 31
"who the fuck is a 5 seconds of summer?"
1.5K 69 17
“I still love you, you know. I never stopped.” michael clifford au
23.5K 440 25
"Go ahead, Luke, rip my heart out over and over again. Cause, you know, that's what love is all about. You hurt a person, but that one person is alwa...
4.7K 147 17
"It's the moments, like these, that keep me alive." Warnings: Self-harm, family issues, alcohol, depression, suicide