give in || richola

By nochellesbcllarke

"𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘫𝘢𝘴𝘡 π˜ͺ𝘯𝘀𝘩𝘦𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘡𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘴, π˜ͺ 𝘸𝘒𝘯𝘡 𝘺𝘰𝘢 𝘡𝘰 𝘨π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘯." *** ... More

| 1 |
| 3 |
| 4 |

| 2 |

85 6 9
By nochellesbcllarke

It was around half past three in the afternoon when Richelle got to the studio, alongside her friend Amy. They had gotten earlier than everyone else because Amy wanted to help a few J-Troupers with acro, whereas Richelle thought she could use sometime to practise the semi-finals routine - being on the front row next to both Noah and Jacquie required some extra effort. Being on the front row meant she had to be an example to the others, practically flawless.

Amy helping J-Troupe hadn't been a request from Miss Chloe, she had volunteered herself to do something productive, and to get to know the future of the studio better.

"Richelle" Amy spoke up, getting her friend to turn her head at her "Do you think my thighs are thicker than before? I don't know it feels weird"

"No" Richelle replied with a very soft chuckle and a slight shrug.

Amy didn't say anything else, and nor did she need to once Richelle started speaking about the female solo auditions.

"I can't wait to perform my audition solo, I truly hope Michelle and Emily pick me" She sighs "At Regionals I barely got featured in any dances, I really don't want that to happen again."

"Honestly I think you have pretty good chances, you're like the best dancer in A-Troupe"

"Well yeah I'm good but so are the others- wait who's auditioning though?"

"You, me, Jacquie..." Amy starts.

"No, yeah I know that, but is anyone else auditioning apart from us?"

"Uhh possibly Maya and Lola"

"Lola's auditioning too? I didn't know" Richelle confesses.

"Yeah" Amy mumbled.

"Well both of them are new to the team, but they're pretty good. I mean Lola might have better chances considering she came from this well known british academy. I'm pretty sure we have been up against them at Internationals, wasn't it Ella's team?"

"I have no idea, I only joined after TNS won Internationals so I wouldn't know."

"Oh yeah I forgot"

"But I remember A-Troupe competing against England. Twice."

"Yes exactly"

"Anyways, as we were talking before, I think it's a bit obvious you're getting picked for the female solo"

"Amy, we don't know that, I mean yes I'm a good dancer but then again, so are the others. Even Jacquie, as much as I hate to admit it..." Richelle and Jacquie's friendship was extremely competitive, in which they barely ever admitted how much they truly loved and cared for each other. The typical hate-love friendship.

"Richelle, the whole studio looks up to you. You and Noah. Just like they looked up to Eldon and his pirouettes. From J-Troupers to B-Troupers, and even A-Troupers. Just be more confident."

Richelle had lost most of her confidence after Summer outshined her in every aspect while she was still a part of A-Troupe. Thankfully, this season she hadn't made it, and so became a part of B-Troupe. Ever since, the both of them would barely see each other - Richelle was always busy with rehearsals, and A-Troupe and B-Troupe rehearsed in opposite sides of the studio, A-Troupe in the west, B-Troupe in the east.

However, Richelle became less confident in her dancing, and didn't believe in herself as much. She worked harder than before which somehow reassured her and gave her a sense of control. And although it left her exhausted, this time it had been worth it - she finally got the recognition she deserved.

Both Noah and Richelle were the most admired dancers in the studio, which was a great feeling in their opinion.

"Aw Amy, I love you" Richelle planted a kiss on her friend's cheek, as a way of showing her gratitude. Amy's words made her realise how she shouldn't doubt herself, and how important she was to the studio, and specially A-Troupe.

Amy giggled, before telling her she preferred to get going just so she wouldn't be late for the acro lesson with J-Troupe.

"Alright, bye girl have fun"

Richelle also decided to get to Studio A to start working on her solo instead of the semifinals routine. Her talk with Amy had given her some hope.

However, as she walked closer, she started hearing music coming out of the music room, which made her wonder if anyone of A-Troupe had arrived early as well.

As she got there, she saw Lola dancing a solo.

The way she moved, the way emotions moved her body... it all captivated her. Richelle felt like she could watch her dance all day, and she wouldn't get tired of it. Something about her was special. And not only her dancing.

Richelle folded her arms and leaned her back against the wall as she kept watching the new girl dancing around the room. She truly was talented, her presence in A-Troupe could actually bring new things to the table.

Lola finished, her back facing the door and consequently Richelle.

Assuming she hadn't noticed her presence yet, Richelle walked closer, clapping her hands. Lola immediately turned around, a few of her long wavy blonde hair covering some of her face. She placed those strands of hair aside breathless.

"Is that your audition solo?" Richelle asked, to which the other nodded, still trying to catch her breath "Pretty impressive"

"Thank you. I worked really hard on it"

"I see you did. I know we're sort of... rivals considering I'm also auditioning for the female solo, but I have to admit you have a pretty good chance."

"You think?"

Richelle nodded, noticing how pretty her blue eyes were.

"Well, at least I know I'm giving my best."

Richelle mumbled a "yeah" before their conversation died, and the room dived in silence. Awkward silence.

"I can leave if you want to rehearse" Lola suggests.

"No, no, I just came here to watch you dance. I actually have my solo to rehearse so I should get going" Richelle informs, starting to walk out.

"Wait" She heard, making her stop in her tracks. "I was wondering..." Richelle turned around, wanting to hear what she had to say "Do you want to go get a juice or something? It's okay if you don't, it's fine I totally get it."

Richelle found Lola's insecurity cute. The way she sounded nervous just by asking to go to the juice bar with her was overall cute.

She smiled, as she turned around and started to walk away. Lola was confused - did she not want to hangout with her? Was it something she said?

Richelle stopped walking before asking "Are you going to stay there or are you coming?"

Lola smiled of relief. She did want to hangout with her, and that gave her tons of joy. It felt nice.

They smiled widely at each other as Lola caught up with Richelle after grabbing her bag and shoes.

However, they accidentally and suddenly bumped against someone. The person they bumped into threw a bunch of papers through the air, probably due to the sudden contact.

That person started running around trying to catch those papers frenetically.

Mr. Iván.

"¡Dios mío! I'm so sorry dancers" He spoke out as he ran after his spread papers, that now were all across the hall floor.

"Wait let us help" Lola offered, leaning down to grab them, followed by Richelle.

Mr. Iván had been hired right during the break between Regionals and Nationals, and Richelle would rehearse in the studio during that same time, therefore she knew him before everyone else in A-Troupe. At first she found him annoying and unprofessional, yet as time passed by she realised how good of a teacher he was.

Lola and Richelle shared a giggle over the situation. The three of them soon caught all the papers, and Mr. Iván organised them inside his portfolio.

"Thanks for the help young ladies, I have to go to Studio B now, have a good day!" He exclaimed as he walked ahead.

"Mr. Iván!" Richelle called, making him turn around "Studio B's this way" She told him, pointing to the hall on the left.

"Oh! Right, I knew that" And with this, he went away.

Both Lola and Richelle laughed - he always made everyone laugh because of how clumsy and distracted he was. It was like his head was always in the clouds.

The two of them made their way to the juice bar, and ordered their drinks before paying.

"So, tell me more about yourself" Richelle spoke "I know you came from a well known studio in England, and I also know your team is the one with whom we went up to on Internationals"

Lola nodded "Yep, I had tons of friends there. I have won a few competitions with them, so I sort of am well known too."

"For real?"

"Yeah, when I came to this studio I didn't want to have friends just because of my popularity. So I didn't really tell anyone much about my life back in England, I wanted a fresh new start, with genuine friendships, you know?"

"I totally get that honestly." Richelle agreed. "I have had friends that were only with me because they were interested in my parents' money. If only they knew how many things money can't buy..."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing" Richelle shook her head "Well this conversation has barely even started and it's already gotten deep" She giggled.

Lola looked at her smiling a few seconds before joking "Well then let's undeepen this conversation" She taped her nails against the table "How long have you been dancing for?"

"Since I was seven" She took a sip of her juice "I've tried gymnastics before but I would constantly get injured so it was a bit risky. So I tried dance, right here at TNS. I started off in baby ballet and then J-Troupe, B-Troupe, A-Troupe..."

"So.. The Next Step's basically your whole life" Lola assumed.

"Yeah I have my friends here, Emily is like a second mother to me, this is my comfort place"

"That is very special. A comfort place is so important and crucial. Or even a person too"

"A person?"

"Yeah, like a comfort person. Someone you feel like you can trust anytime"

"Oh.. and you have one?" Richelle asked, curious.

"My little sister" Lola answered "She always knows what to say to make me feel better. Whenever I'm feeling stressed or upset, it's as if she knew. She asks me to play with her and everything goes away."

Richelle smiled. Hearing that warmed her heart. Kids really do have something special. "That is literally the sweetest! I'm glad you've found your comfort person." She laughed.

"Do you have any siblings?" Lola asked.

"No, I don't. I'm a single child. And you might be thinking I'm either spoiled or a daddy's girl but I'm not exactly.. My parents spend too much time working. At the company, business trips, important lunches with important individuals. Thankfully they don't force me to go because they suck ass"

"Well at least you have the whole house for you. You could do whatever you'd like without them finding out" Lola sent her a smirk.

Richelle smirked back, thinking she was talking about bringing boys home "Well, that's true" And took a sip of her juice before changing the subject "What about you? Why did you move here to Canada?"

"My mum got transferred. We really had no choice. But honestly it feels great to have a new start. The people in my past really are in my past now, they can no longer harm me." She explained.

"What do you mean, who has harmed you?" Richelle was confused. What did she mean by that? Had anyone harmed her back in England? Or was Richelle just overthinking it?

Lola looked at her, trying to find an answer, however, her eyes moved to someone else behind her, who had just arrived and had sent her a not-so-friendly look.

Noticing Lola's eyes weren't on her anymore, Richelle turned around to see who she was looking at.

Nothing more nothing less than Summer Patricia Moors.

Richelle glared at Summer because for one, she was or at least used to be her number one enemy, and for two, she was being a bitch to Lola.

Everyone in the studio knew that if Lola hadn't made it, Summer would've. However, Lola did make it, and Summer moved down to B-Troupe. Lola was way of a better dancer than her though, and her influence on the team was positive, considering she came from one of the best dance studios in England, and also she had gone to tons of competitions therefore she had a good experience.

"Is it me or that girl doesn't like me?" Lola questions after turning back around.

Richelle got furious at how she walked in and the first thing she did was make Lola believe she's unwanted. Summer's face was a mix of upset and revolted, which really annoyed her.

Richelle sent her one of her glares, which made her turn around.

"She just isn't used to lose." Richelle told her, still glaring at Summer.

"What do you mean?"

"Everyone knows that she would've made it onto A if it weren't for you. And she very obviously blames you which kills me inside because she literally did the same thing to me on the Regionals season. Well she didn't take my spot in A, but if weren't for her, I would've been featured in all dances. She's such an hypocrite."

Lola looked down at her hands "So it was my fault"

Richelle widened her eyes "Lola don't say that. It was not your fault, don't you let that brat get into your head. You're a part of A because you worked hard for it and because you're way better than her"

Lola smiled. Hearing that from Richelle felt just nice.

"But no one makes my friends upset. Don't worry, tomorrow I'll put her in her place."

"Friends?" Lola questioned confused yet not avoiding smiling. Hearing the word friends out of Richelle's mouth brought her tons of joy.

Richelle smiled "Well... Only if you want to"

Lola smiled, while playing with her hair.

"I would love to"

———∗♡∗———

{ ✧ } :: 2375 words

Author's Note :: i'm so sorryyy my chapters are so long sjsjjs, i must confess i was actually a bit scared it would bore you guys out, but anyways i cant really help it lmao. now that richelle and lola have become friends, what do you think will happen? comment down below if you'd like <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.6K 602 20
All Richelle wanted to do was dance, because that was all she had. (My take on what would happen to Richelle in season six)
30.1K 856 59
Sequel of THE NEXT STEP BRYLES SHOW THE WORLD In this book we'll follow our ship, Richelle and Noah (aka Bryles) in their first tour all around the w...
8.5K 175 22
Noah likes Richelle, but doesn't know how to tell her; so when Richelle & Ozzy get sent to a 6 week Dance Intensive together, Noah is forced to confi...
17.8K 284 15
* I was young when I created this will no longer be updated* Who knew that two different people with completely different personalities could end up...