Hero of Reliance: Atlas

By TheHinokami

Join us as we follow the story of a neglected Izuku Yagi the son of Toshinori Yagi (All Might) and Inko Yagi... More

Story Facts & OC/Izuku Information
Chapter 1: Family, Friends, and Doctor?
Chapter 2: Working out & Dojo?
Chapter 3: Heartbreak & Running Away
Chapter 4:New Family & Germany?
Chapter 5: New Home & Titan Leaders
Chapter 6: Chaos in the Yagi's home
Chapter 7: Training & Forest Incident
Chapter 8: Awake & Meeting the Board of Directors
Chapter 9: Education, Training, and Party
Chapter 10: Frankfurt Advanced Education
Chapter 11: Yagi's & Sparring
Chapter 12: Soulmates & Izuku's Birthday
Chapter 13: Quirk Training & Middle School incident
Chapter 14: Kidnapping over Summer Break, and Winter Break
Chapter 15: Last-year of Middle School & Training
Chapter 17: First day of FHAE & UA
Chapter 18: Battle Training
Chapter 19: USJ Japan & FHAE Sports Festival
Chapter 20: Internships FHAE
Chapter 21: UN Representative & Preparing for Provisional Exam
Chapter 22: Provisional Exam
Chapter 23: Semester End & Work-Study Offers
Chapter 24: Summer Break Dates & Cuddles & Japan
Chapter 25: Second Semester & Work Studies
Chapter 26: Recovery & Second Semester & Japan's Yakuza Raid
Chapter 27 Winter Break (SMUT (Skip if want))
Chapter 28: Winter Break End & Semester Start
Chapter 29: Sports Festival & Hero Exam Preparation
Chapter 30: Hero Exam
Chapter 31: Graduation & Agency Plans
Chapter 32: Hero Debut
Chapter 33: EU Hero Ranking & FHAE
Chapter 34: Winter Break & UA
Chapter 35: Traveling and Arrival in Germany
Chapter 36: Classes start and green hair!?
Chapter 37: Featherless Q&A
Chapter 38: Reactions & Vistitor?
Chapter 39: Gran Torino Returns to FHAE & Classes
Chapter 40: Tension & Sports Festival
Chapter 41: High Tensions & Uninvited Guest
Chapter 42: AFO & Lov VS Atlas & Featherless
Chapter 43: AFO 2.0 Vs Featherless
Chapter 44: Last Semester, Graduation, Family, Time Skip [End]
New Book Alert! [Hero of Grace - Dekiru]
New Book [Blissful Ignorance]
New book! [The Forgotten Clan - Izuku Uchiha]
New story [Hero of Courage: Fulcrum]
New book [Broken Faith]

Chapter 16: Entrance Exam in Germany & Japan

10.7K 290 93
By TheHinokami

3rd Pov:

It was the same day around the world. The entrance exams for high schools and/or hero schools. Today people across the entire world woke up in the morning and set out on their day with the goal of getting into the school of their dream. Izuku and his friends were no exception to this nor were Izumi Yagi and the Bakugo twins. 

Izumi Pov:

I woke up and realized it was today. It's been years since my brother has gone missing. Birthdays were a bit less cheerful knowing that my brother was gone. We still celebrated my and his birthday. We did my party and then we had a small get together for his birthday later in the day where we would light a candle on a cupcake and wish for him to be in good health. 'Brother... I don't know if you're still alive but I hope you are healthy wherever you are at.' Izumi thought. Soon I went about my early morning routine and ate breakfast with my parents. "Good Luck sweety! Remember just do your best and no matter what result you get you will know you did everything you could currently do." mom said. Dad just rubbed my head and wished me luck. Soon I walked out of the house and went to the Bakugo's where they were just exiting their house. "You guys ready?" I asked them and they said they were. 

Soon we arrived at the entrance exam for UA. It was amazing to see the school building. After we talked for a few moments we went in and registered for the exam. The written exam only took one hour and all three of us think we did well. Overall, both Bakugo's think they will do fine with their explosion quirks and I think I will do great with my telekinesis quirk. Soon we arrived inside a room for the announcements about the physical portion of the test. The staff member in charge of announcing the rules was Present Mic.

"Listen up everyone as I explain the rules!

Each defeated Villain Bot is worth a certain amount of points, which are assigned to the Bots according to their difficulty level:

1 Point - Easy Villains2 Points - Medium Villains3 Points - Hard Villains0 Points - Arena Traps

Arena Traps are massive Villain Bots scattered through the city replicas in order to trap and weed out people from getting high scores. They're not meant to be fought, which is why they're worth no points.

Candidates are not allowed to fight other candidates. Doing so results in disqualification. Students hailing from the same middle school are placed in different testing areas to avoid potential cooperation.

Now, let us start the exam!" Present Mic yelled out.

3rd Pov:

Soon the three friends split up to their exam sites and wait for the exam to start. Soon Mic yelled out a go which confused everyone. Then he said that there was no countdown in hero work. This got everyone to start running! Soon, we could see many people destroying robots but Izumi was just tearing her way through since she could rip the robot wires out and snap the neck of the robots which would break them. 

As people were fighting it out we could see the staff talking about the children taking the exam. Principal Nezu said that the best students use a combination of skill, speed, power, and focus to score the most points in the end. Some teachers pointed out the Bakugo twins and Izumi Yagi since they were doing so great. This made Nezu look at All Might who was in the room and then looked at the staff. "Indeed they are doing good. They will no doubt make it in. However, for full disclosure, they are being placed on probation for the rest of their time here at UA. It may be removed depending on their behavior after the first year but for now, they are on thin ice. You all know the story about Izuku Yagi the son of All Might and Green Tornado. These three students had a hand in that as well due to physical and verbal bullying. As such, they are thin ice and are required to be in anger management and therapy during their entire time here at UA." Nezu said. This caused everyone some shock and some wondered why they were even being allowed to attend the school. "They were still kids and the school approved of their actions. They needed to learn their lesson and so far they haven't had any trouble since Izuku Yagi disappeared. That is why they are on thin ice and will be let in." Nezu said to calm everyone down. 

"I want all three of them in my class. Since I expel people already, I won't hesitate to get rid of them if they show they change back to their old ways." Eraserhead said. This made All Might tense since he knew his teaching style was rough. All of the teachers agreed with this and let it go due to his teaching style. 

As time runs down towards its end, U.A. Faculty members press the "Yakuri Switch" to release the gigantic villain bots worth zero points. The purpose of this robot is so that the judge's panel can observe how students react to the desperate situation created by the giant robot. It presents an opportunity for some students to truly shine. No one decided to take on the robot and no one got trapped by the robot this year so no one was forced to step in to save someone. As such, the robots just got deactivated and the exam came to an end.

-- Time Skip --

3rd Pov:

Soon all three of the kids made it to the Yagi house. The Yagi's asked the kids how they thought the exam went and they all responded they thought it went well. Soon they just say down and started to relax and cool down. "Hey, Izumi. Do you think Izuku is attempting for some hero school since he wanted to be a hero so bad?" Kasumi asked. Izumi didn't know how to answer. "I don't know... if he did, then the hero school would notice that he is missing. So I think he might avoid it but who knows." Izumi said. Bakugo just grunted and they all just relaxed for the rest of the night.

-- Germany --

Izuku Pov:

It was time for our enter group to go and take the entrance exam for Frankfurt High Advanced Education or FHAE for short. This exam isn't like the typical exam for hero schools. It's an advanced school and we are entering the advanced classes of the said advanced school! As such, we are required to fight the current pro heroes of the EU who volunteer their time for the exam! Most people that lend their time have graduated from this school. The normal entrance exam for those not attempting the advanced course is a physical exam of fighting robots and clones. It's like the UA exam but fairer due to a staff person that has a clone quirk which allows mental quirk users to have a chance of passing. 

As such, I and the guys knew we would have our hands full with whoever we were going to have to fight. We don't have to take the written exam since we graduated from middle school which required us to take a placement exam for our high school education which we all passed and received our high school education certification. 

"LET'S GET READY GUYS!" I yelled as I banged on everyone's door in the morning. Leon and Seth had a room on the second floor of bedrooms while Kyle and Luke were roomed on my floor to be near me. Everyone soon got up and was went downstairs to eat breakfast since they stayed over the night. Dad soon came down and hugged me and thanked me for breakfast. "You all ready? You will be fighting a hero but they won't go full out. They will give you a chance to show off your skills. However, depending on their ranking you all likely could defeat them." Hisashi said. Everyone agreed with that. Most of us could fight quirkless against mid-level Titan agents and hold our own or win and the mid-level Titan agents are for the most part on the skill level of the EU's top 30 heroes. 

Soon we finished eating and got into the escort car that would take us all to FHAE. The school is located at the edge of the city and owns a lot of private lands with some mountains nearby where they can use it for whatever they want. Due to the fact that they have had so many top heroes produced from the school, the EU provides a lot of money to the school. As such, if they ever need something they can get it. After about 30 minutes of driving, we arrived at the school, and the tactical assault team assigned to escort us broke off before we neared the school as our car pulled up. 

"I honestly think the school is bigger than UA in Japan..." I said which everyone just agreed. UA may be the number one school in Japan but it's not number 1 in the world. That title goes to this school. Soon we were escorted to an exam room and were told to wait for the staff to arrive so they could grade our exams. 

3rd Pov:

After about 30 minutes, the staff showed up for our exam. They then took us to a new location it looked like an old-style combat training zone. 

"Hello, students. My name is Vincent and I am the Principal of this school. As you know your exam is not the standard exam. You're testing into the advanced classes and need to fight a pro hero who has given their time for this. You all have already passed high school education in the advanced classes at Frankfurt Advanced Education. As such, you are currently the only ones that would be placed in the advanced classes at this school if you pass this exam. You won't know the identity of the hero you are fighting since they are in a different outfit and have a mask on." Principal Vincent said. The staff explained why we were fighting in a more confined old style area. "In real life, you can find yourself in complex areas or larger spaces. In this event, you need to defeat the enemy and assume that any attack you would need larger space outside of this ring is a no go for you to do. Anything that goes outside the ring would be considered hitting civilians or be causing collateral damage to buildings." one staff person said. This was reasonable since in real life we could find ourselves in a tight area or not and we would need to make sure we use the proper power level for where we are fighting to ensure no excess damage is caused.

The first battle was for Seth. The staff person called the fight to start and Seth went right for a half-transformation. He used his agility to maneuver and dodge the attacks of his enemy. The enemy was sending fire blasts out of his hands and could shape it into a sword. Seth couldn't really use his wind attacks since it would make the fire spread. As such, he was forced to do close combat. One new technique that Seth has learned recently was that he could surround his claws with the wind to make hits cuts more powerful. As such,  when the enemy sent a fire blast towards Seth when he got close he just cut right through it. He then was able to get up close and cut through the fire weapon in the enemy's hand which caused them to attempt to step back. It was in that moment that Seth swiped his legs under his opponent and then pinned them to the ground bringing his claws to their back and threatened them to cut in their shoulder if they attempted to move. 

The next match was Leon. In this match, Leon used his blades that he got really good at. His opponent was one who had a strength enchantment quirk. This did not help them at all against Leon who had around 10 blades flying around them. They were able to dodge a lot of the blades but after 10 minutes Leon had tired the enemy down. It was at that moment that he charged the person and engaged in close combat. This was to ensure that he could capture the enemy without causing major flesh wounds with his blades. After about 3 minutes he had pinned the enemy and had a blade to his back.

After Leon was done, It was Kyle's turn. His opponent pulled out a whip weapon which he had. It was short so we all wondered how they were going to attack. We were proven wrong quickly when she expanded the whip length quickly and almost landed an attack on Kyle. "Well, that was interesting," Kyle said as he transformed to his full kitsune form. He used his tails to counter the whip for each strike that his opponent did. It was a stalemate in that regard until Kyle decided to slowly approach her. He then used his other tails to force her into a corner and demand she gives up or he would force her down onto the ground. She soon realizes that she would be finished since Kyle had more tails than she had whips. "I give," she said as she dropped her whip. 

Overall, Kyle's match was a shorter one since he was a perfect counter for his opponent. Now it was Luke's turn. His opponent had a quirk that allowed them to control the earth. As such, the opponent started to waves of earth attacks towards Kyle. There were earth spikes that would break out from the ground and attempt to stab Kyle. He soon transformed into his half form and used it to jump across the spikes and used his tails to break any that got too close to him. However, Kyle noticed that the earth spikes were creating a lot of shadows which had created one that connected to the enemy's shadow. As such, he quickly transformed into his full kitsune form and jumped into a shadow and traveled right behind his enemy, and grabbed him with all of his tails forcing the battle to an end.

The last fight was Izuku's. Izuku and his opponent entered the ring and the fight soon started. The opponent sprouted wings out of his back and had harm arms transform a bit into scales. Izuku knew this opponent could likely hit very hard but doubted they could hit harder than him. Izuku decided to end the match in one go. Though the purpose of the shield is to protect it can also attack in a special way. "Game over," Izuku said which confused the staff and the opponent until a golden shield surrounded the enemy. Everyone was shocked for a few moments at what just happened. "Oh.. how do you defeat me when I can just wait for you to run out of energy?" asked his opponent. Izuku just chuckled at this. "I guess you weren't given information about our quirks. One of my quirks is called Solar Stockpile. Meaning I gather energy whenever I'm in the sun. The consumption for the shield when not being hit is very little. Less than me activity absorbing energy. Meaning I won't run out anytime soon. You, on the other hand, could only attempt to break out and tire yourself out or my 'backup' arrives and we suppress you quickly when I drop the shield and end the fight. Either way, I win." Izuku said. The principal decided to get involved. "I have to agree it's Izuku's win but this match didn't show us much of your skills. Would you mind dropping it and fighting it out so we can evaluate your skills better?" Principal Vincent asked.

Soon they started the fight once again and the opponent was more on guard this time around. However, the Principal wanted to see how Izuku would respond to an unforeseen event. He moved over to one of the other enemies from before that were near Izukus friends and asked them to jump in at random to give Izuku a challenge since the principal believed Izuku was better than they first thought. Soon the fight was going on and Izuku had fought close combat against his enemy while only using 50%. While he was fighting the enemy with the earth spikes jumped in and sent spikes towards Izuku throwing him off. Izuku then created a pole weapon with his energy and started to fight with it since he needed space to look at both enemies. Izuku used his shield to trap his first opponent with the wings and then charged the earth quirk user. After about 1 minute he was able to get close and defeated the earth quirk user with a punch to the gut. Then he refocused on the wing user with the dragon scales. He dropped the shield and threw the pole at a fast rate towards the guy's feat which forced him to jump to avoid. It was in that moment that Izuku had flown forward and grabbed him as he jumped up and threw him into the ground by his leg. He then pinned him to the ground and threw a shield on the earth user to ensure that he couldn't escape or get back up to fight. "This fight is over and good job with dealing with an unknown event in your fight," Principal Vincent said. Everyone was escorted over to a separate room and told to wait as the staff talked about the fights.

After 30 minutes the staff returned with the enemies they all fought. "I want to introduce you all to your opponents you fought. The fire blast user was the #45th hero, the strength enhancement user was the #39th hero, the whip user was the #29th user, and the earth user was the #30th hero, with the last fighter with dragon wings and scales was the #25th hero!" stated Principal Vincent. The boys were shocked because they had all fought someone in the top 50 heroes of the EU! Each country has its own top heroes but then there are the top heroes of the entire EU and these heroes were all from the top 50 EU ranking! To get on the EU ranking you must be STRONG AND RELIABLE due to all the heroes in the entire EU. It's similar to how the world hero ranking is done. The entire world has its own heroes and ranks but the UN has its own ranking system of the top 50 heroes in the entire world based on many different factors outside of just the strength of their quirks. All Might used to be the #1 hero of the world in his prime but lost it a few years after the incident of Izuku running away. Other countries treat the quirkless population better since they have a bit higher rates than Japan. As such, the current #1 hero of the world is actually a hero in the EU who graduated from this very school.

"Boys, you did an amazing job. Your grades from middle school are all top grades and you have shown that you used your time in those quirk training classes to get ready for this school and have shown you will be able to complete your heroic training in the 1 year and half time frame that the advance class requires of you. As such, welcome to Frankfurt High Advanced Education! We will see you in 1 month's time. Please make sure to send in your hero outfit requests with the other paperwork that will be sent home with you today. I'll be waiting for you in 1 month." stated the Principal as he left.

The heroes talked to the boys before they left. They all congratulated the boys for their hard work and stated that they would be interested in doing internships and work studies in the future if they wanted to contact them. Soon the boys went home and told their family what happened at the school and everyone decided to celebrate their success! 

Hiashi Pov:

"Son," I called. Izuku looked over me and walked over. I just grabbed him in a hug and told him how proud I was of him. Izuku soon broke into a crying mess and just started to thank me for picking him up that day. "Son, you did this all under your own hard work. I just provided the tools that you needed. I love you no matter what and I am glad that we met that day. The Yagi's don't realize how much they lost out on you." I told him and kissed his forehead. Soon Kyle and Luke came over since they could sense Izuku's emotions and knew he was crying but didn't know why since he felt happy. They just saw us hugging and then walked away to let us have our private time. I'm so glad those boys entered his life and showed him that he can love people outside of myself and Fang.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

436K 11.3K 39
This is the story of Izuku Midoriya otherwise known as Dekiru! Izuku meets All Might three years earlier than UA and this leads to him gaining OFA so...
259K 3.6K 23
Izuku Yagi a bright child who had a young sister whose name is Izumi Yagi always dreamt of being a hero he had both loving parents who made it there...
180K 2.9K 29
Since it's still around let's see my take on the story izuku Yagi lived a normal life. that is till he turned 4 and was diagnosed as quirkless despit...
305K 7.6K 47
*All Images are not owned by me* Izuku Midoriya decides to take leave from UA due to the spreading of rumors about him. These rumors suggest that he...