Love Language **Sequel to Atl...

By montanastories

Read Atlanta Love first to understand this story More

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Eight
....
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five

Thirty-Seven

1.5K 96 5
By montanastories

Kaia in m/m

Kaia
I walked into my mama office she looked up from her laptop and at me with a smile.

"Hey Bella."

"Hey mama."

"What are you about to get into?"

"I'm about to order an Uber and head to to your salon and mall."

"No need to order an Uber Im about to head there myself so you can ride with me."

"Okay."

My mama stood up and grabbed her purse, phone and keys we both made our way down the hall.

"Bella you got mail."

Zylon handed me the envelope I opened it.

"What is it?"

"My hard copy of learners permit."

My mama nodded I walked into the kitchen to throw the paper and envelope away I then removed the paper copy and threw it away and placed my new copy in my wallet. I walked out of the kitchen and walked over to the door where my parents stood.

"Where you two going?"

"To the salon."

"You going to work?"

"Yes."

My daddy nodded then he kissed my mama. We then walked outside and walked over to her Mercedes and got in.

"Bella can I trust you to drive yourself to the mall and back to the house?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Make sure you're abiding by the driving law so you won't get stopped."

"Yes ma'am."

"Alright."

My mama drove down the driveway my phone dinged and it was my best friend Isis.

"Is that Isis?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Is she at the salon yet?"

"No she don't have a way."

"Tell her we'll be at her house in 20 minutes."

I nodded and told Isis what my mama said.

"She said thank you."

"It's not a problem."

Twenty minutes later we pulled up to Isis house she came outside she locked the door and then walked over to the car she got in hugging my neck and hugging my mama neck. My mama drove off once Isis was sitting back.

"Where's your mama Isis?"

Isis shrugged her shoulders.

"Somewhere in the streets."

"Do your dad know that she's on drugs now?"

"No I haven't had time to tell him he'll be home in 4 days for good."

"So he's finally retiring from the military?"

"Yes ma'am."

My mama nodded.

"Are you comfortable with staying alone?"

"Yeah I'm pretty much used to it now."

"How long have your mama been on drugs?"

"Since my dad got deployed for the last time 7 months ago."

My mama shook her head.

"Well our doors are always open if you want to come and stay with us until your dad returns home."

"Yes ma'am thank you Mrs. Brewster."

"You're welcome."

"Bella guess who asked about you?"

"Who?"

"Jalen."

"Who's Jalen?"

"Bella's boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend he's just a crush."

"What he look like Isis?"

My mama pulled up to a light Isis showed my mama a picture of Jalen.

"He's cute Bella."

"Yeah."

"Anyways I seen him at Waffle House yesterday morning and he asked about you."

"Oh okay."

We pulled up to Lyric House of Beauty my mama parked and we got out.

"I get that you and Isis wanna talk about Jalen without me and y'all can but if you need any advice mama is always available."

"I know mama you're easier to talk to then daddy about boys."

"Oh I know I am."

We laughed and walked inside of the salon.

"Isis follow me."

"We'll talk later Bella."

"Okay."

I walked over to my nail tech station we hugged and I sat down.

"What we getting done today Kaia?"

"I wanna try white and marble."

"Okay is there a creative direction you want to go in?"

"No."

"So I can do my thing?"

"Yes."

Ché nodded and got started on doing my nails. My phone dinged I looked down seeing Isis message I picked up my phone with my free hand I unlocked my phone and seen that she sent me Jalen's number I shook my head and responded back to her.

Once Ché was done with my nails she snapped a picture of her work.

"These are beautiful Ché."

"Thank you do you love them."

"Yes you always do your thing."

I paid Ché and I also tipped her then I went over to the pedicure chair and sat down so I can get my nails done. My mama walked over to me.

"Don't wreck my Mercedes Kaia."

"I won't mama."

"Alright."

My mama handed me her car keys I placed them in my purse my phone dinged I looked down seeing that I had message from an unknown number before I could respond the number text back telling me who they was.

Brian
I leaned up against my desk as I listened to two students debate about African American history. I've been teaching at Clark Atlanta University for the past 4 years on African American Studies and it's the best decision I've made since leaving the elementary school.

"Why are you so aggressive?"

"Aggressive?"

"Yes do you need me to give you the definition of aggressive?"

"No you don't because I'm not aggressive."

"Is angry and bitter a better term?"

"Neither of those terms actually I'm not angry or bitter."

"You are that's how y'all get when y'all disagree with someone else."

I remained quiet as I listened.

"Professor Brewster do you hear this?"

"I hear it Deena."

"How the y'all get when y'all disagree with someone else who is this y'all are you referring to?"

"Black women which is why I don't date black women now."

"Because we express ourselves a certain way when all we get is disrespect from some of you black guys as well as white people that makes us aggressive, angry and bitter Kellon?"

"Yeah that's how the way I see it."

"Well you're wrong that's us being passionate about things and trying to get y'all to understand us it's already bad enough that a lot of white people think that they're the better race and that they're superior to us and instead of most of the black men having our backs they degrade us and put us down just like you did."

Kellon was about to respond but Deena cut him off.

"Malcolm X said it best the most disrespected person in America is the black woman the most unappreciated person in America is the black woman. The only time that we get angry or have aggression is when we're being disrespected. Black women always have black men back no matter what the situation is and for you to sit up here and call me angry, aggressive and bitter is a slap to the face to me because if the shoe was on the other foot and you was being disrespected I would still stand up for you but it's not like that with you and it's sad that you would think that about black women when you was brought into this world and raised by a black woman."

"You're pathetic Kellon and it's sad you obviously need to read up on African American history and what white people did to us-," Kellon cut her off.

"I learned about African American history in school."

"It's more to it then what they taught us trust me I know I've done my research."

"Okay before I let you go how many of y'all only learned about African American history in school and it's the basic history that they've been teaching for years?"

Everyone hands went up.

"And how many of you did more research on our history."

The few hands remained up while majority of the hands dropped.

"Alright so the assignment for y'all is to do research about African American history looking past slavery and give me a one page summary about what you researched and then you're going to tell me what you've learned class dismissed."

Everyone gathered their things and left out and my next class walked in once everyone was in their seats I walked over to the door and closed it and got my next class started.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 39 31
Read to find out!!!!! Let me know what you think of the story. Comment & Vote
505K 21.5K 27
๐ผ ๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘ก ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘ข๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘š๐‘’ , ๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘‘๐‘ฆ ๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘‘๐‘œ๐‘’๐‘  .
21.2K 1K 20
๐˜๐˜„๐—ผ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„๐˜€ ๐—ป๐—ผ ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ๐˜€...๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜€๐—ผ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ... ๐˜„๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฝ๐˜‚๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ฏ๐˜†...
184K 4.2K 31
Just read๐Ÿญ