(Book1) Reincarnation of the...

By faithprieto

[Chapters 1-200] She was originally a puppet of her family. Pursued by the police for being a business spy an... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86 & 87
Chapter 88-90
Chapter 91-93
Chapter 94-95
Chapter 96-100
Chapter 101-105
Chapter 106-110
Chapter 111-115
Chapter 116-120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124-125
Chapter 126-130
Chapter 131-135
Chapter 136-140
Chapter 141-150
Chapter 151-160
Chapter 161-170
Chapter 171-180
Chapter 186-190
Chapter 191-195
Chapter 196-200
Note

Chapter 181-185

3.3K 124 11
By faithprieto

Chapter 181: Chen Ziyao Did it?

There were three groups of people who held different opinions towards the previous post. The first group swore at Gu Ning using many dirty words, but most of them were girls. The second group was neutral. They didn't think that a photo without the face of the driver was solid proof. The last group naturally supported Gu Ning.

All in all, the neutral group was the majority in this mess.

Meanwhile, those who blamed Gu Ning were violently slammed by Hao Ran and the others who supported Gu Ning. Boys were better than girls when it came to violence after all, no matter if it was verbal or physical. Thus the number of people swearing at Gu Ning was decreasing.

Gu Ning's post came to the top a short time after she had posted it. Many left positive comments to support her. In fact, the fake news wasn't a big deal. As long as most chose to believe her, it would soon be forgotten, but if most chose to criticize her, it would go abroad.

Boss, we trust you!

Boss, let's teach the person who is behind this a serious lesson! Hao Ran and the others commented.

Gu Ning, we trust and support you!

Exactly, I agree that we need to beat the one who hurt our G.o.ddess Gu!

Agree!

Of course, there were many who had doubts.

Although your explanation makes sense, you can't prove that the person who took you to school isn't your sugar daddy.

Indeed, you don't have solid proof either.

Gu Ning then replied to their comments. I think I've made it pretty clear. Those who dislike me will continue to s.l.u.t-shame me, and those who trust me will always believe me. And let me tell you this, anyone who deliberately damages my reputation should be careful. I will get revenge.

Gu Ning threatened plainly. Gu Ning, that's a threat!

So what? If it's my fault, you can enjoy swearing at me. However, since it's not, I won't stay quiet!

A bunch of comments supported Gu Ning, especially Hao Ran and his friends. Those who still disliked Gu Ning didn't dare to argue back anymore.

In the second cla.s.sroom, Chen Ziyao fixed her eyes on the forum. Seeing that most chose to believe Gu Ning, she was in a rage.

Chen Ziyao used a new account to send the post, so she was not worried that she would be exposed, but she forgot that there was something called a driving recorder.

Leng Shaoting focused on the forum as well. He was relieved to see that most supported Gu Ning.

After the cla.s.s, Chu Peihan and the other ran to Gu Ning without delay.

"Boss, how is it going? Did you check your friend's driving recorder yet?" Mu Ke asked.

"Yes," Gu Ning said.

"Who did it?" several of them asked at the same time.

Gu Ning took her phone out, playing the video in front of their eyes.

"What? It's her!"

They were all shocked, but they accepted it quickly because they knew that the girl never liked Gu Ning. After that, they were all mad.

"I'm going to go punch her right now!" Chu Peihan was annoyed. She turned around to go to the cla.s.sroom, but was stopped by Gu Ning. "Please don't. Beating her isn't the best way to solve this problem."

"Then what should we do?" Chu Peihan asked.

"I want her to apologize to me in front of all the students and teachers in our school," Gu Ning said.

She understood that Chen Ziyao was proud, and that it would be a torture for her to apologize to Gu Ning in front of everyone in public. Gu Ning intended to embarra.s.s her, because she deserved it!

Since Gu Ning said so, Chu Peihan wouldn't spoil her plan.

Hao Ran and other boys also wanted to beat Chen Ziyao, but they were boys and normally wouldn't bully a girl. If Gu Ning and Chu Peihan couldn't deal with it, they would do it for them.

"I'm not going back to my cla.s.sroom. I'm afraid that I won't be able to resist the impulse to beat her! I think I'll attend cla.s.s in your cla.s.sroom." Chu Peihan believed that it was a better idea to stay here, instead of going back to her cla.s.sroom.

Gu Ning didn't know what to say, but she understood that Chu Peihan couldn't control her temper, so she answered, "Fine!"

When the cla.s.s was about to begin, they went back to their cla.s.srooms.

The minute Chu Peihan walked inside, all the students in the fourth cla.s.sroom were frightened. Luckily, there were two vacant seats in the fourth cla.s.sroom. Chu Peihan wasn't willing to sit with others, so she pulled a seat over to sit with Gu Ning and Yu Mixi.

This was the Physics cla.s.s, and the teacher was the head teacher of the second cla.s.sroom, Jiang Yuan. Chu Peihan was caught right on site, but she was always absent from her cla.s.ses, so she wasn't afraid of Jiang Yuan at all. If it hadn't been for Gu Ning, she wouldn't have been in her cla.s.s as often. It was even surprising to see her in a cla.s.s. Therefore, Jiang Yuan only took a glance at Chu Peihan before he started the cla.s.s.

Once Chu Peihan was in a cla.s.s, she would focus on it, unless she was sleepy.

In the following cla.s.ses, the teachers all stayed calm at seeing Chu Peihan and continued without saying anything.

The rain, meanwhile, had already stopped.

When the last cla.s.s was over, Chen Ziyao still hadn't deleted the post. Gu Ning and her friends then directly stopped her in her cla.s.sroom.

Chen Ziyao panicked at seeing Gu Ning and her friends. Was I exposed? No, impossible! Chen Ziyao refused to believe it, but she wanted to escape right now.Besides, these people before her weren't easy to deal with. She was likely to suffer.

"What-what do you want to do?" Chen Ziyao's voice was trembling.

"What do we want to do? Chen Ziyao, do you really think that we don't know that it was you who posted the fake news? Don't flatter yourself. You aren't smart enough to do evil things without being discovered," Chu Peihan teased. She looked at Chen Ziyao with obvious disdain

Chen Ziyao's face changed dramatically. How? How did they find out?

Chen Ziyao was not the only one who was surprised. Everyone around her, including Qin Zheng and the others, also looked to her in amazement.

What? Chen Ziyao did it?

If that was true, then Chen Ziyao must be a vicious girl who would do anything to hurt others. No one supported Chen Ziyao.

Chapter 182: Chen Ziyao Is in the Center of Criticisms

Actually, in the beginning, Qin Zheng thought that the news was true, but after Gu Ning's statement was released, he chose to believe Gu Ning.

Gu Ning was indeed from a poor family, but it didn't mean that she couldn't have rich relatives or friends. Speaking of rich relatives, Gu Xiaoxiao's family was a great example, although they didn't get along. As for her rich friends, there were many of them, like Mu Ke, Hao Ran, An Yi, Qin Zixun and Chu Peihan. Gu Ning also maintained a good relations.h.i.+p with Qin Yifan as well as An Qian, who was the daughter of the director of the Central Hospital, too. Therefore, it was possible that Gu Ning had many other rich friends.

Although Qin Zheng was curious about how she got to know these people, he understood that Gu Ning wasn't simple after the car accident. He was reluctant to miss the outstanding Gu Ning, but didn't dare to annoy her.

"Do you have proof to prove that I did it? If you don't have proof, it's slander!" Chen Ziyao forced herself to be calm, but her voice was a little weak. She was merely an 18-year-old girl, who couldn't hide her real feelings

"Slander? Gee! I didn't expect that you even knew this word." Gu Ning laughed, as if it was a joke to hear the word come out of Chen Ziyao's mouth. Chen Ziyao didn't have solid proof, but she had still spread the fake news about Gu Ning. Now she wanted Gu Ning to provide proof, which was ridiculous.

Gu Ning added, "Since you agree that it would be slander if you don't have proof, why did you do the same thing? Do you have proof? You only took a meaningless photo. Isn't it ridiculous that you posted the fake news about me?"

At that time, Hao Ran supported Gu Ning. "Exactly! Why do you claim Gu Ning has a sugar daddy just because she got out of a luxury car? You don't have solid proof at all. Since you don't have proof it's slander. You even posted it on the forum. We can sue you, and you're at the age where you would have to take legal responsibility!"

Hearing that, Chen Ziyao's face turned pale. The last thing she wanted to do in this world was to have to take legal

responsibility.

"Chen Ziyao, I thought that you would be quiet after what happened to Gu Xiaoxiao. If so, I would have forgiven you for what you did to me, but to my surprise, you went the opposite way. I wouldn't come to you unless I had solid proof. We're not as dumb as you are!"

Saying that, Gu Ning took out her phone clicking the video, playing it for Chen Ziyao. "Chen Ziyao, did you know that there is a thing called a driving recorder? Besides, there are surveillance cameras at the door of our school. It was very easy to find out who took the photo."

Chen Ziyao was stunned, and could barely stand. She hadn't known that there was a driving recorder on the car. What was worse, she had shown herself right in front of the recorder.

"Now, what else do you want to say?" Chu Peihan sneered.

Chen Ziyao wasn't able to deny it anymore, but she didn't want to give up. Even though she was scared of facing Gu Ning and others.

"So what? I only took a photo, but it's enough to prove that you have a sugar daddy!" Chen Ziyao argued.

"You don't have solid proof? From the law's perspective, it's slander! I can sue you for that!" Gu Ning said seriously, which shut Chen Ziyao's mouth.

The rest in the cla.s.sroom started to support Gu Ning.

"Exactly, she doesn't have solid proof anyway. It could damage Gu Ning's reputation. She's such a horrible person!"

"She should be expelled like Gu Xiaoxiao."

"I agree. I don't want to study in the same school as her!" "I think Gu Ning should call the police."

"I think she should sue her, and throw her into the jail!"

"Shut up! Shut your mouth!" Chen Ziyao yelled. She hated the thought of being expelled, or arrested by the police, let alone being put in jail.

"Chen Ziyao, I gave you a chance, but you refused to take it. Now, it's time for you to bear the result," Gu Ning said in a low voice.

Chen Ziyao stepped backwards unconsciously in fear. She thought that Gu Ning was going to beat her. "What-what do you want to do?"

If Gu Ning was really going to punch her, she couldn't fight back at all, so she was terrified.

"Well, I'm going to make you pay for what you've done to me," Gu Ning said. "Delete the post and apologize to me. Also, you have to go to the broadcast room to apologize to me in front of all the students and teachers in our school!"

"No!" Chen Ziyao refused. It was too embarra.s.sing and shameful.

"No? It's not up to you now. If you refuse to do so, you'll be punished more severely," Gu Ning sneered.

"You..." Chen Ziyao was mad, but didn't know how to retort. She wasn't willing to apologize, it was so shameful!

"If I don't hear your apologies before the afternoon cla.s.ses are over, you need to be careful about what's going to happen next," Gu Ning warned her, then she walked away with her friends.

Someone already took a video of what had happened in the cla.s.sroom. He uploaded it to the school forum the second that Gu Ning left. It soon became popular.

Some people still doubted Gu Ning's behavior, because she didn't show solid proof that she didn't have a sugar daddy, but more chose to criticize and swear at Chen Ziyao. In that case, those negative comments didn't gain much attention.

It was ridiculous to jump to the conclusion that Gu Ning had a sugar daddy just because she got out of a luxury car, so most of the people stayed calm and reasonable. In addition, Gu Ning had left a good impression on many students after she had won the compet.i.tion with Hao Ran and his close friends. Many still admired Gu Ning.

Meanwhile, Gu Ning and her friends ignored the mess on the forum, because they were enjoying their meal.

Before long, Jiang Yuan heard the news from Zhu pan.

He was astonished that Chen Ziyao was behind this, because Chen Ziyao performed so well in his cla.s.s. Unfortunately, appearances lied.

Jiang Yuan immediately asked Chen Ziyao to do what Gu Ning demanded, because it was Zhu Jian's order too.

However, what Chen Ziyao had done wasn't as serious as Gu Xiaoxiao, so she wasn't expelled.

Chapter 183: Why Should I Be Mad at You?

As long as Chen Ziyao apologized, the problem could be easily solved, but if she still refused to do so, she would be expelled like Gu Xiaoxiao. If the student was willing to make up for what she did, the school wouldn't expel her, because it wouldn't do its reputation any good.

Under pressure from Jiang Yuan and Zhu Jian, Chen Ziyao had to apologize, but in her heart, she hated Gu Ning to death. She swore that she would pay Gu Ning back.

When the afternoon cla.s.ses were about to begin, the post was deleted, and was replaced by an apology statement. Then Chen Ziyao's voice sounded from the radio. "The student from the fourth cla.s.sroom in 12th grade, Gu Ning, I am Chen Ziyao from the second cla.s.sroom in the 12th grade. It was me who has spread the fake news claiming that you have a sugar daddy. I'm sincerely sorry for what I've done to you. Please accept my apologies."

The school burst into discussion. Chen Ziyao was famous, no, notorious now.

This mess was finally settled.

After the apology, Chen Ziyao felt too ashamed to attend the following cla.s.ses in her school, so she asked for a leave and went home.

Leng Shaoting kept focusing on the forum, and he noticed that as well.

When the cla.s.ses were over, Gu Ning went back to Fenghua Luxury Mansion. She saw Leng Shaoting standing outside of zone C from afar.

Because of what had happened today, Leng Shaoting didn't dare to pick Gu Ning up in case she would get into even more trouble. He even hesitated to walk to her when she appeared in his sight.

Gu Ning understood why Leng Shaoting felt terrible, but it wasn't his fault anyway. She was also willing to let him drive her to school.

Gu Ning walked over asking him, "Do you want to dine together?"

"Sure!" Leng Shaoting's eyes immediately lit up.

Then the two stepped outside. Gu Ning called Gu Man and told her that she wouldn't be eating at home.

Leng Shaoting looked at Gu Ning after she hung up. "Aren't you mad at me?"

"Why should I be mad at you?" Gu Ning asked. She understood what Leng Shaoting was talking about, and she wasn't mad at him at all.

"If I hadn't driven you to school this morning, it wouldn't have happened," Leng Shaoting said.

"I was willing to get in your car! If I blamed you for your kindness, no one would treat me kindly in the future," Gu Ning said.

Hearing that, Leng Shaoting was relieved. "What do you want to have?" Gu Ning asked. "Anything you want," Leng Shaoting answered.

"Well then, let's see what choices we have on the road!" Gu Ning had no idea what to eat either, so she decided to take a walk along the road.

They walked on the Youyi Road. There was a restaurant not far away from Fenghua Luxury Mansion. It seemed quiet with a good environment, thus Gu Ning wanted to give it a try. They chose a table beside the window. After they had ordered the food, Gu Ning asked, "Why do you stay here all day recently? Don't you need to work?"

"I'm free when I don't have tasks to fulfill," Leng Shaoting replied. In the past, he would never have said that. Even if there weren't any tasks, he would find something to do. He wouldn't let himself be free. However, ever since he had fallen in love with Gu Ning, he always wanted to stay by her side when he wasn't occupied.

Although they only met once or twice a day and didn't spend a lot of time together, he felt satisfied to be able to see her every day. Well, he of course didn't think that it was enough, but it was so much better than missing her and being lonely.

Leng Shaoting could also deal with his duties through the Internet. He didn't need to show up in person for every situation.

At that time, Gu Ning's phone rang. It was from Zhou Zhenghong. Gu Ning didn't mind Leng Shaoting hearing the conversation so she answered it directly, "Hi, Uncle Zhou."

"Boss, is it convenient for you now? I have something important to tell you," Zhou Zhenghong asked in excitement.

With his acute hearing, Leng Shaoting could obviously hear Zhou Zhenghong's voice. He also recognized that Zhou Zhenghong was the man who had been with Gu Ning in City G last time.

"Sure!" Gu Ning said.

"We cut out a top-level jade the size of a grownup's foot. It has two colors which are red and green. The type is called Double Happiness!" Zhou Zhenghong was thrilled.

"Double Happiness?" Gu Ning was surprised too. Double Happiness was ranked slightly lower thanFulushou, but was more precious than the violet jade.

Gu Ning knew that the raw materials she had picked up were all valuable, but she was happy to hear the good news from Zhou Zhenghong.

"Yes! Boss, you're amazing!" Zhou Zhenghong complimented. He now believed that Gu Ning was more powerful than G.o.d, and he couldn't help thinking that Gu Ning probably really had Jade Eyes and could see the jade inside the raw materials. Of course, he didn't say it aloud, nor believe it. He thought that it was impossible. However, what they couldn't believe was exactly the truth.

Leng Shaoting was amazed that Gu Ning was involved in stone gambling. He knew very little about jade, and had no idea what the Double Happiness was like, but since Zhou Zhenghong said that it was a top-level jade, then it must be priceless.

Facing Zhou Zhenghong's endless compliments, Gu Ning smiled but didn't say anything. She knew that she couldn't do it without her Jade Eyes.

"Oh, please use the Double Happiness to make a pair of pendants. It must actually be two parts of a whole pendant. There should be a dragon and a phoenix on each, which means eternal love. As for the size, medium is fine."

Double Happiness was the perfect jade to use to make a pair of pendants which stood for love.

Hearing the meaning of the pendants, Leng Shaoting had an idea in mind, but he wouldn't tell Gu Ning right now.

"Sure, do you want to keep it yourself, or show it at the opening ceremony?" Zhou Zhenghong asked.

"Show it at the opening ceremony," Gu Ning said. "No problem," Zhou Zhenghong answered.

When they were about to hang up, Gu Ning suddenly added, "Oh, I'll be coming in the morning the day after tomorrow."

Gu Ning had thought that she better arrive earlier. Although Zhou Zhenghong was completely in charge of the company, she should also give some advice if needed.

Jiang Xu's construction material store would open tomorrow, and she had to be there, otherwise she would be flying to City G tomorrow evening.

Hearing that Gu Ning was going to City G the day after tomorrow, an idea dawned on Leng Shaoting.

"Great! However, the day after tomorrow is a Friday, don't you need to attend your cla.s.ses?" Zhou Zhenghong was happy to fetch Gu Ning, but was afraid of affecting her studying.

Chapter 184: Can You Take Me to the Airport?

After all, Gu Ning was a senior who was going to have her final exams a week later, and attend the National College Entrance Exam after several months.

"It's fine. I'm so excellent at studying now!" Gu Ning joked, but it was the truth. She was confident that she was going to get good scores even if she was absent from all the cla.s.ses if her teachers allowed her to do that.

"Ha-ha, very well! Then I'll pick you up in the morning the day after tomorrow," Zhou Zhenghong laughed. He of course believed in Gu Ning. She was a great person with an almighty ability in his opinion.

Gu Ning knew that Leng Shaoting heard the conversation between Zhou Zhenghong and her, but she didn't mind. She told him instead, "I'm going to deal with something in City G the day after tomorrow."

"Well, I was going to tell you that I'll be away on the weekend too," Leng Shaoting replied.

"When?" Gu Ning asked. She didn't want him to leave her.

"It's set on Sat.u.r.day, but since you're leaving on Friday, I'll leave on Friday as well," Leng Shaoting said. He deliberately made it clear that he didn't want to stay here without Gu Ning.

Gu Ning didn't know what to say, but felt happy in her heart.

"May we dine together tomorrow afternoon?" Leng Shaoting asked.

"My uncle's construction material store will be opening tomorrow. I'm afraid I won't be free tomorrow," Gu Ning said.

Leng Shaoting nodded. He seemed a little disappoint, which made Gu Ning feel bad. After a second of thought, she added, "My plane will be taking off at 8:30 am. Can you take me to the airport?"

Hearing that, Leng Shaoting's eyes lit up at once. "Sure!"

After the meal, they had a slow walk back to Fenghua Luxury Mansion. Leng Shaoting walked Gu Ning to the gate of zone G. He didn't leave until Gu Ning disappeared from his sight.

Jiang Xu was home no earlier than Gu Ning. He told Gu Ning that the store would open tomorrow. They didn't know many important figures yet, so they had no intention of attracting much attention.

Gu Ning, instead, didn't want the opening ceremony to be so boring. She called An Guangyao later and told him to send two baskets of flowers on behalf of Shenghua Real Estate to congratulate Jiang Xu.

She also told Hao Ran and the others in their WeChat group. They would be there tomorrow too. An Qian received an invitation as well, and she agreed with alacrity.

As for Qin Yifan, Gu Ning thought she better not invite him, because it would be embarra.s.sing.

However, at that time, Qin Zixun's family was right in the Qin Family home. They were chatting in the hall after the meal.

Qin Zixun didn't know what had happened between Qin Yifan and Gu Ning, so he asked directly, "Hey, Our boss's family's construction material store will be opening tomorrow. Will you be attending the ceremony?"

Hearing that, Qin Yifan was surprised. He had no idea that Gu Ning's family was going to run a construction material store.

"Boss? It sounds like a gangster's word. Did you join a gang in your school?" Qin Zixun's father Qin Haozhi asked seriously. As an honest government worker, he hated gangs.

Qin Zixun understood his father's temper, so he immediately explained, "Of course not! We're just a group of good friends. There is a girl who is extremely good at fighting, so we call her our boss."

Hearing that, the Qin Family was displeased again. Qin Zixun's mother, Lu Hanlan scolded him, "Zixun, the National College Entrance Exam is just around the corner. Stop playing around all day, and focus on your studying! If you fail to get into a prestigious university, our family will be embarra.s.sed."

Lu Hanlan valued the reputation of their family the most. Many of her friends' children had attended the examination last year, and all of them had been admitted into a prestigious university. If Qin Zixun couldn't do the same, it would be a shame to the Qin Family!

Speaking of studying, Qin Zixun was upset.

Qin Yifan walked away for a while then came back with a wooden box in his hands. It was as big as half a shoe box. He handed it to Qin Yifan. "I'm occupied tomorrow. Please help me send this gold brave troops to her!"

He wanted to go, but he wasn't invited. Besides, he also didn't know how to face her.

"What? The gold brave troops? It was completely made of pure gold, and worth over a million yuan!" Qin Yiqing was shocked. The rest were all astonished as well.

Normally, the gifts for the opening ceremony were at the price of a couple dozen thousand yuan at the most. Qin Yifan's present was too expensive.

Qin Yifan wore a wry smile. "I don't think it's too much. I just invited her to have fun at father's birthday party the other day, but she sent an antique worth several million yuan. A million yuan is nothing to her."

Hearing that, everyone was amazed. They

immediately figured out who Qin Zixun's boss was. It must be the girl who had sent the antique with Qin Zixun the other day.

However, Qin Haozheng still asked to make sure, "Is Zixun's boss the girl named Gu Ning?"

"Yes! Our boss is exactly Gu Ning. Not only is she good at fighting, she is also excellent at studying. She's the top one in our grade!" Qin Zixun was proud to introduce his boss.

Hearing that it was Gu Ning, Qin Haozheng and his wife had mixed emotions, because they were sorry for what Qin Yiqing had done to her.

Qin Yiqing also felt uneasy. Qin Yifan still wasn't willing to forgive her because of the drama last time. He always talked to her in a sarcastic way these days.

"I remember this girl. She is stunning with an air of elegance. I thought that she must be from a super-rich family, but I have never heard of an influential family with the family name 'Gu' in City F," Lu Hanlan said. She actually had a good impression of Gu Ning.

Both Qin Yifan's parents and Qin Yiqing now knew that although Gu Ning wasn't from a super-rich family, she was extraordinarily outstanding. She had made over a hundred million yuan at such a young age, but they didn't mention it this time.

The next day, Leng Shaoting ran with Gu Ning to her school as usual, but he deliberately stayed five meters behind her. Moreover, he didn't follow her to the school. When they had almost arrived, he went back at once. Gu Ning felt like laughing seeing Leng Shaoting being so careful.

During the break, Gu Ning went to ask for a leave. She told her head teacher that her uncle's store was going to open today, and that she had to be there. And that she also needed to go to City G tomorrow.

Zhang Qiuhua was slightly displeased. "Gu Ning, how come you're always occupied with other things? Do you know that the test is around the corner?"

"I promise it won't affect my studying! I'm terribly sorry to ask for a leave so often, but I have to do so," Gu Ning said.

Chapter 185: The Opening Ceremony

Since Gu Ning made a promise, Zhang Qiuhua compromised, but she still reminded her to study hard. If she failed to do so, Zhang Qiuhua wouldn't allow her to leave the next time.

"Oh, Yu Mixi is going to the opening ceremony with me today. Please allow it too," Gu Ning added.

"You..." Zhang Qiuhua was mad, but permitted it in the end. She pushed Gu Ning out with impatience. "Go away now, and leave me alone."

Gu Ning understood that Zhang Qiuhua was not really being unkind, so she didn't mind. She thanked her teacher before walking out.

The minute Gu Ning was gone, Jiang Yuan stepped in. Seeing that Zhang Qiuhua was displeased, he asked with care, "Professor Zhang, are you alright?"

"I'm fine. I'm just mad at Gu Ning. The test is around the corner, but she still always asks for a leave," Zhang Qiuhua complained.

"As least she asks for your permission. Chu Peihan in my cla.s.s would never do that," Jiang Yuan said. In fact, no one dared to restrict Chu Peihan because of her special background.

Gu Ning went back to her cla.s.sroom, and told Yu Mixi that they could leave later. Yu Mixi was relieved.

Except for Mu Ke and An Yi who needed to ask for their teachers' permission, Chu Peihan, Hao Ran and the others all left when they wanted to. It would be strange if they went to ask for permission. Their teachers would be surprised if they did that.

When the afternoon cla.s.ses were finally over, they left their school together, and went to buy flowers.

"Boss, I noticed that Chen Ziyao was absent today!" Chu Peihan said.

"She must be too embarra.s.sed to come," Mu Ke laughed.

"Although she was exposed, I still feel unhappy that I didn't punch her," Chu Peihan said, like she missed something and felt uncomfortable.

"I agree," Hao Ran said.

"Alright, beating someone is not always the best way to solve problems," Gu Ning persuaded them.

They went to a market to buy two baskets of flowers and plants. Before anyone else could pay the bill, Gu Ning did it herself. Then, they went to the construction material market.

The flower shop arranged a small truck to take the baskets of flowers and plants to the destination. The truck had s.p.a.ce available for four people to sit in. Gu Ning let Mu Ke, Hao Ran, Qin Zixun and Zhang Tianping have a seat in it, while Gu Ning and other girls took a taxi.

When Gu Ning arrived at Jiang Xu's store, she was totally amazed by the amount of baskets of flowers and plants at the door.

Wow, there are so many of them! Weren't we supposed to make it simple? She didn't want it to be so boring, so she had called An Guangyao, An Qian and her friends, but there were at least dozens of flower baskets!

Gu Ning walked over to read the banners around the baskets. They were all from big companies to congratulate the opening of Xuri Construction Material Store.

She also noticed flower baskets from Shenghua Real Estate and Kamei Beauty Salon.

Gu Ning had heard of some of those companies, while some she had never heard of. That was because Gu Ning didn't spend much time learning about all the big companies in City F.

Other than those from the companies, there were many flower baskets from individuals. An Qian's were among them, and with some, Gu Ning was familiar with their owners.

Gu Ning and her friends all wrote down their names on the banners of eight flower and plant baskets to congratulate the opening of Xuri Construction Material Store.

There weren't many people inside when Gu Ning and her friends walked in, because many had already left after they had sent the gifts. Most of the people who stayed were acquaintances and friends.

Although Jiang Xu was a truck driver in the past, he knew many businessmen. Since Jiang Xu was going to run his own business, they were willing to maintain a good relations.h.i.+p with him.

That was the way to build up a network. An Qian was inside with Le Zhengyu.

"Hi, An Qian, Executive Le. It's so nice to meet you," Gu Ning went over, greeting them.

"Nice to meet you too, Ningning," An Qian smiled. "Nice to meet you too, Miss Gu," Le Zhengyu said.

"Uncle, how come there are so many baskets of flowers and plants at the door?" Gu Ning asked Jiang Xu.

Jiang Xu answered, "I have no idea either! Many have come to congratulate me this morning. I haven't figured it out yet. Oh, they also sent me many red envelopes with a lot of money inside. One of them even wants to cooperate with me. He's going to build a two-story 300-square-meters factory in the suburb."

Jiang Xu felt like he was in a dream after what he had been through today. It was too good to be true.

Gu Ning was astonished too. She immediately realized that someone had arranged it, but who?

While Gu Ning was still thinking about her doubts, a new message came into her phone. She checked it. It was from Leng Shaoting. Gu Ning understood what had happened the minute she read the message.

Leng Shaoting did it. He had arranged for many business partners of Xu Jinchen's family to send those gifts.

Speaking of that, Xu Jinchen was greatly amazed by Leng Shaoting's request when he received his boss's call.

Xu Jinchen called Leng Shaoting every day to ask him when he would be back so that he could leave. Leng Shaoting said that he would be back soon every time, but he never showed up in front of Xu Jinchen, and also refused to tell Xu Jinchen where he was.

Xu Jinchen didn't know that Leng Shaoting had gone to City F for Gu Ning until he received the call. To Xu Jinchen's astonishment, Leng Shaoting had gone to City F for Gu Ning in person.

Xu Jinchen intended to gossip about their relations.h.i.+p, but Leng Shaoting hung up on him right away. Xu Jinchen felt hurt, and tortured by his curiosity. However, he didn't dare to call Leng Shaoting again.

d.a.m.n it! Leng Shaoting, who had been single for so long, was going to have a girlfriend, while he was still alone.

Luckily, Leng Shaoting allowed him to leave their base so that he could find girls to date, but Leng Shaoting also warned him to keep the fact that he was in City F a secret.

Xu Jinchen was at least free now. He planned to go to City F to see how it was going between Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting.

On the way back to the capital, he encountered a robbery. When he finally got to the capital, it was too late to get on a plane to City F, so he had to wait till tomorrow.

Leng Shaoting sent a message to Gu Ning to tell her what he had done, in case she would be mad that he hadn't asked for her permission.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 71 1
Abhay Singh rajvansh The king of Rajasthan and the devil in the under world. For the world he was a 24 year's old one of the richest and most success...
908K 22.3K 41
While moonlighting as a stripper, Emery Jones' mundane life takes a twisted and seductive turn when she finds herself relentlessly pursued by reclusi...
18.6K 528 27
(🌼) 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧❜𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭❜𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 ↪𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝗃𝖺𝖼�...
349K 13K 100
Part I. Author(s) White Day Synopsis The destitute young miss of the Ling family was weak, had lowly qualifications, was ugly and frequently bullied...