Danganronpa 1 (Six Chambers)

By Absolan

15 high school students with talents from across Japan have been selected to attend Hope's Peak Academy. Unfo... More

Prologue (The Beginning)
Chapter 1 (Monokuma)
Chapter 2 (A Way Out?)
Chapter 3 (The First Motive)
Chapter 4 (What Becomes of Us)
Chapter 5 (To Defend your Friend)
Chapter 6 (The Game Begins)
Chapter 7 (Investigation)
Chapter 8 (Class Trial)
Chapter 8.5 (Tragic Flashback)
Chapter 9 (Secrets Among Us)
Chapter 10 (Devils Within)
Chapter 11 (Our Newest Member)
Chapter 12 (Mass Hammer Attack)
Chapter 14 (Mystery Murder)
Chapter 15 (Lucky Reunion)
Chapter 16 (Who's the Mastermind)
Epilogue (Secrets of Hope's Peak)
Completion Status

Chapter 13 (Lone Bear)

611 13 10
By Absolan

7:13

Everyone was following Chihiro in a rush towards the changing room. Once they got there they finally got there they needed answers.

Aoi: "Fujisaki what's wrong?"

Chihiro: "It's Alter Ego! It's gone!"

Byakuya: "Son of a bitch, you lost it!?"

Chihiro: "I didn't lose it! I put him back in the locker #14 I swear!"

Sayaka: "Here, just recount the lockers." Makoto agreed then started looking at the lockers and counted.

Makoto: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16- wait... 15?" Makoto then went back and searched again. "How does... I'm losing my mind."

Sakura: "What do you mean?"

Makoto: "The entire locker is gone!"

Kyoko: "Pardon?"

Byakuya: "He's right! The locker itself just vanished!"

Aoi: "This is probably bad timing but you said there was more Alter Ego showed you right?"

Chihiro: "Yeah. Turns out something happened outside the school called 'The Tragedy'. But it continued for two years."

Sakura: "So if we've possibly been here for two years, why don't we know about it?"

Chihiro: "That's exactly what I thought, until Alter Ego showed me this." Chihiro pulled up a picture of some weird helmet on a table with a file of it's own labeled 'Memory Eraser Tests 001 - 015'. "We must've had normal high school lives here but had our minds erased. Probably so we wouldn't know about anything that was going on outside."

Sayaka: "And there's only 15 tests... so the mastermind still has their memories!"

Chihiro: "It only gets worse... the whole killing game was supposed to work in a way the mastermind wanted it too." Chihiro then pulled up another picture which showed 15 files for all students although, Sayaka, Mukuro, Leon, Chihiro, Mondo, Kiyotaka, Hifumi, Celeste, Sakura, and Kyoko had files that were crossed out. "It's not entirely different except for the fact that me and Sayaka were supposed to be killed by someone else." Sayaka knew who her killer would be and started to shake a little.

*Flashback*

Leon: "Are you insane!? I'LL FUCKIN' KILL YOU!" Sayaka ran to the bathroom and shut the door behind her and heard pounding afterwards. "OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!"

Sayaka: "NO! GO AWAY! I DON'T WANNA DIE!"

*Flashback End*

Makoto: "Sayaka are you ok? You zoned out."

Sayaka: "Y-Yeah, I'm fine."

Kyoko: "We should go and try to find a way out. Remember, Makoto's sister is in danger."

Byakuya: "Yeah, but he put himself in handcuffs."

Chihiro: "Oh, I already got them off his wrists." Chihiro even help up the handcuffs to prove it.

Makoto: "How and when? I didn't even notice!"

Chihiro: "I'm faster now than you think." Everyone then walked out to find an escape or anything else. Makoto then realized something about the video and made his way to the kitchen. Once he did he found a bunch of knives. Though he had no intentions of killing someone else. He took one of the knives and turned it towards him. Once it was pointed to him he pulled it away from his chest, he was going to kill himself.

Sayaka: "MAKOTO STOP!" Makoto then halted and almost dropped the knife.

Makoto: "Don't try to stop me. I have to do this. Monokuma said 'someone' has to die in the killing game either today or tomorrow. He never said anything about suicide. If I do this... Komaru will live."

Sayaka: "Makoto please. I'm begging you don't do this! There's got to be another way! We'll find a way out, and you'll save your sister just please! Do you really think she'd want you to do this?" Makoto then realized she was right. Killing himself would mean they would never see each other again. He didn't want that. He dropped the knife and started crying. Sayaka went over to comfort him and they hugged it out. "We'll find a way. We're a team, unstoppable together..." Sayaka then put her hand towards Makoto and he grabbed it.

Makoto: "and together we stand."

DING DONG BONG BING

Monokuma (Loudspeaker): "Alright students! Time for a face-to-face announcement, I think you might want to hear this..."

Makoto: "He's gonna tell them what happened, or something that didn't happen."

Sayaka: "We should be ready to explain then." Everyone got to the gym where Monokuma was waiting, and he seemed ready to speak his mind.

Monokuma: "Well it seems you guys clearly have a lot of trust in each other. But there might be a but of problem with it. Especially with the 'traitor' in your group."

Aoi: "A traitor!?"

Chihiro: "So someone's working for you?"

Monokuma: "Yep! To be more specific... SAKURA OOGAMI!" Everyone was astonished after hearing that name. Someone who was trusted so much... was working for Monokuma. "What, maybe I threw one motive in but that doesn't mean I can't throw in one that does involve everyone. I still need to prepare for something fun. So, keep killing each other!" He then disappeared leaving everyone else in shock.

Sayaka: "W-W-Why? Why would-"

Aoi: "That can't be true! Tell them Sakura!"

Sakura: "..."

Aoi: "No..."

Chihiro: "Hold on! There's gotta be more to it than that!"

Kyoko: "There is. I saw Sakura and Monokuma fight and then he said something about 'hostages'. Once that was said, Sakura stepped down."

Sakura: "So you saw that?"

Kyoko: "Yes, the hostages were your family weren't they?"

Sakura: "Unfortunately..."

Byakuya: "So what was your goal? What were you supposed to do as traitor?"

Sakura: "If no one died within a certain amount of days I would have to kill someone instead or everyone else could've died. But he would be specific and command me to kill a specific person who was in 'critical condition' and just as I got the mission... he found Hagakure's body."

Makoto: "Holy crap that would've been me!"

Sakura: "No matter how much I didn't want to I tried holding it off as much as possible. Thankfully I didn't have to." Sakura then walked away from the gym.

Aoi: "Sakura wait!"

Byakuya: "Don't bother. We all heard Monokuma, she's a danger to all of us and cross off any one of us on her own orders or Monokuma's."

Aoi: "She'd never do that!"

Byakuya: "You may know her more than the rest of us but you can't be sure about her. Just remember even Maizono made the attempt to kill Kuwata-"

Makoto: "We're past that so leave it be!"

Chihiro: "Plus Sakura saved my life and trained me to become stronger!"

Byakuya: "And could've been using you. That's how this game works, killers gain your trust and when you hesitate they strike. Let her die, It'll just give us one less person to worry about." Aoi was furious with Byakuya's comment and slapped him across the face leaving everyone even more shocked as his glasses fell to he ground.

Aoi: "Go to hell. Keep this crap up and I'll just kill you myself!" Byakuya chuckled at Aoi's threat like it was nothing.

Byakuya: "Temper temper temper... and what'll you do slap me to death?"

Aoi: "You think you scare me? Your words are just as empty as your family clan!" Byakuya took that insult quite personally.

Byakuya: "What was that?"

Aoi: "You heard me, and whatever happened to them in your video. I'll bet no one will ever miss them!"

Byakuya: "This has nothing to do with my clan! And you could never accomplish what any of us could!"

Aoi: "AND YOUR JUST A LONER! NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU AND YOU'LL ALWAYS BE ALONE!"

Kyoko: "Enough both of you! Fighting each other is the last thing we need. It'll be better if the two of you stay away from each other until you cool off." Everyone else agreed and Aoi stormed off. Byakuya had grabbed his glasses off the floor and went back to his dorm.

DING DONG BONG BING

Monokuma (Loudspeaker): "Attention everyone! It is officially nighttime, so sleep tight an don't let the bedbugs bite."

???

Makoto could see his sister, sitting there tied up begging for mercy. Because Monokuma was standing right there with his gavel. And set up iron bars in front of Makoto to keep him away.

Monokuma: "You're too late Mr. Naegi! You know what that means... your sister's as good as dead!"

Komaru: "NO PLEASE!!!"

Makoto: "STOP DON'T DO THIS PLEASE! I'LL DO ANYTHING!!!"

Monokuma: "You should've killed someone if that were true. So no more waiting around!"

Makoto: "I'M BEGGING YOU PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!"

Komaru: "MAKOTO HELP ME!!! I DON'T WANNA DIE!!!" The both of them were crying.

Monokuma: "Let's give it everything we've got! IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT'S PUNISHMENT TIIIIIIIIMMMEEE!!!"

Komaru: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-" Makoto jumped from his bed screaming and hyperventilating.

Sayaka: "Makoto please! Calm down!" Makoto turned over to see Sayaka holding on to his arm.

Makoto: "I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE! SHE'S BEING TORTURED BY HIM!!!"

Sayaka: "Makoto please! You don't know that! Even then at least she's ali-"

DING DONG BONG BING

Monokuma (Loudspeaker): "Ok, who decided to kill someone 11:47 AT NIGHT!? We all need sleep! Alright, go find whoever died... I swear who would even... just..."

Sayaka: "That's bad."

Makoto: "We should go..." The both of them ran to see what happened and saw Chihiro rush out of his room in a panda onesie. Then they all heard someone screaming from all the way upstairs.

Aoi: "SAKURA!!! OPEN THE DOOR!!!"

Sayaka: "Wait did someone..!?"

Chihiro: "No, that wouldn't be possible." The trio ran upstairs to find out what was happening. Once they got up there they saw Kyoko struggling with the door and Aoi was pounding on it like a madwoman. Meanwhile Byakuya was just standing there.

Makoto: "What's going on!?"

Aoi: "It's Sakura! She's not moving and the door's locked."

Kyoko: "Somethings also stopping the door from opening."

Chihiro: "Everyone get back!" Everyone stepped back and Chihiro kicked the door right off it's hinges. Then he, Makoto, Sayaka, and Aoi rushed in. Once Chihiro touched her shoulder he was shocked. All he felt was cold death. Sakura was dead.

Monokuma (Loudspeaker): "And there's your corpse ladies and gentlemen now time for the investigation to begin!" No one could believe it. Someone managed to kill Sakura.

Kyoko: "I'm afraid this was inevitable."

Chihiro: "I don't... believe it... why..?" Aoi was in tears and then turned to Byakuya in anger.

Aoi: "Y-You... you did this... I know you did..."

Byakuya: "If you really think so... you'll need proof." Byakuya left to look for where the murder weapon came from. Meanwhile Kyoko discovered something about Sakura's body.

Kyoko: "There's blood in her mouth. The murder weapon must've been poison..."

Sayaka: "Someone must've put it in her drink. Look." Sayaka picked up a water bottle. The same one Sakura used for her protein drink.

Makoto: "So someone poisoned her... I guess that makes sense."

Sayaka: "She didn't even know..."

Sayaka: "Hina, might be right."

Kyoko: "Really?"

Sayaka: "Me, Makoto, and Chihiro all exited our dorms roughly at the same time in pajamas. While you, Aoi, and Byakuya were already up here. And you had no suspicions of Sakura in the first place unlike Byakuya."

Kyoko: "Interesting. Though we should still look into this." The others agreed and searched more. Once investigation time ended everyone got to the elevator with Byakuya being the last one. No one really said anything on the way down.

Monokuma: "Alright, you guys know the drill! Now present your eviden-"

Aoi: "We already know who did it."

Monokuma: "Oh?"

Byakuya: "Did you actually find evidence or are you just making assumptions?"

Aoi: "You were the only person with a vendetta against her and there's only three of us who weren't sleeping in our dorms at the time!"

Kyoko: "Which leaves me, Togami, and possibly Asahina as suspects."

Byakuya: "There's actually a flaw in your testimony. While I did discover the murder weapon there was something else that intrigued me."

Chihiro: "Any proof, or the weapon itself?"

Byakuya: "Correct." Byakuya then took a small bottle of poison from his pocket. "I discovered this in the chem lab, which is where some 'yellow powder' was spilled on the floor. What interests me most is that it was dropped near the poisonous section where it should've been..." Byakuya then threw the bottle down and everyone ducked for cover except Monokuma and Kyoko.

Kyoko: "Protein. The killer switched the protein with the poison."

Byakuya: "And we can easily narrow down our suspects because of the powder on the floor. If you look at the footprints in the powder you can tell they were from sneakers. And only two people in this room actually wear sneakers."

Aoi: "It's me..." Everyone suddenly halted when Aoi confessed and now she was in tears. "I-I did it! I killed Sakura in cold blood!"

Chihiro: "B-But you would never... that doesn't..."

Byakuya: "As I said earlier... you can't trust anyone."

Aoi: "I replaced the poison with the protein and I gave it to her-"

Makoto: "THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED!"

Aoi: "Wh-What do you mean! I just confessed!"

Makoto: "I don't think it was you. You didn't have any powder on you."

Sayaka: "But the only person who did have powder on them... was Sakura herself!"

Makoto: "W-Wait... I just figured this whole thing out..."

Chihiro: "You know who did it!?"

Makoto: "I'm sorry to say this... but... this isn't a murder trial... it's a suicide trial." Everyone was surprised with Makoto's theory and wanted answers. "The door was locked, and boarded from the inside! The only way that could've happened, is if the killer never left." Everyone knew he was right, but something seemed off...

Monokuma: "Welp, seems you know who the killer is so go ahead and vote!"

Vote

Sakura Oogami

GUILTY

Monokuma: "Correctomundo once again! The killer of Sakura Oogami, was Sakura herself!"

Chihiro: "N-No way..."

Byakuya: "She-... really did kill herself!?"

Kyoko: "This is why I stopped your fight with Hina. Your emotions sealed what was bound to happen."

Sayaka: "Hold on... Hina, you were convincing us that you killed Sakura... but why?"

Aoi: "You want to know why? Here." Aoi pulled a piece of paper out of her pocket showing it to everyone. "This, is Sakura's suicide note. I found it in the lab before the announcement." Aoi then read the note out loud to everyone else.

Note: Ever since I was forced to work for the bear, I see hatred in everyone's eyes. And for that, I choose to die by my own hands.

Aoi: "She felt guilty about working for the bear and just wanted to open up the compassion in your hearts." She then started crying along with Chihiro but his tears were lighter. "But unfortunately you guys don't have any! *sniff* She may have been intimidating but she *sniff* she had feelings! She drank the poison, because you drove her to it... AND YOU DESERVE TO BURN IN HELL!!!" No one could help but feel empathetic, but she wouldn't want any comfort from any of them. Kyoko then realized why Aoi tried to convince them why she was the killer.

Kyoko: "You wanted us to vote you so we'd get it wrong which would've caused all our deaths." Now they understood but they couldn't believe Aoi would do something like that.

Chihiro: "Something still doesn't seem right... maybe it's the note?"

Monokuma: "Well seems you noticed what was fishy."

Chihiro: "Wait, what do you mean?"

Monokuma: "Because that note in the swimmer's hand is a fake!" Everything was now clear, Aoi was tricked and it nearly cost everyone their lives. "I just made some fake suicide note, I still have the real one. Oh well why don't I just read you the real one with my best Sakura voice?" Monokuma then pulled another piece of paper from behind him and threw on some reading glasses.

Note: To my dear Aoi, while I didn't want to help our captors, I had no choice. They were taken hostage and I didn't want to betray my friends. So I made the choice to die by my own hands, that way I wouldn't kill anyone. I was the only traitor left, so my life was taken to end the killing. I believe the rest of you can make peace with one another, even with Togami in the mix. I do this, because I an considerate for all my friends. This will come up sooner in the class trial but Chihiro, if you're reading this, I want you to keep training, I know you can be the man you want to become once more. And for everyone else, survive the killing game, escape Hope's Peak not just for me, but for everyone who's already died. Sincerely, Sakura Oogami.

Monokuma: "What a sweetie she was, any one need any tissues?" Aoi was in shock and in tears along with Chihiro who couldn't hold back any longer. Sayaka looked like she was about to cry and latched onto Makoto's arm. "Aw well, seems like it was for nothing bec-"

Makoto: "It was not for nothing! She sacrificed herself for all of us! To end this genocide and we will hold onto that!"

Sayaka: "We can make peace with one another, because she believed in us! And that's what we'll do!"

Kyoko: "Still wanna tell us Sakura's death had no purpose?"

Monokuma: "Oh well you guys aren't gonna rain on my parade! It's the moment we've been waiting for!" Aoi started going into shock. "No it's not you Aoi... yet. We've got us a special guest!" Makoto then started to panic a little as Monokuma took a gavel and whacked the button. Thankfully both Aoi and Makoto were wrong with their guesses but the 'special guest' was a huge problem. Alter Ego who was sitting on a table when suddenly Monokuma drove in with a crane and then smashed Alter Ego consistently until there was just tiny bits of the computer left.

Monokuma: "I caught ya! You seriously think I would just believe that everyone went to the changing room for a rock-paper-scissors match!?"

Sayaka: "So that's what happened to Alter Ego?"

Monokuma: "Yep! I decided to remove the locker all together just to mess with you guys!"

Chihiro: "So you knew what I planned but I need to know..." He pointed towards what was left of Alter Ego. "WHAT. The hell?"

Monokuma: "It's called stress relief toots! Welp farewell!" That's when he disappeared.

Chihiro: "Great... now we need some other way out..."

Aoi: "Is there a way out now? If we don't have any information then..."

Kyoko: "We'll find a way."

Mastermind's Room

???: "Dammit. How did this escalate!?" The mastermind pounded their fist on the table and realized something. "You two... the lucky student and the idol... they're the reason behind this disgusting hope. They give each other hope- but what if they 'didn't have each other'? Yess... I can taste the despair already!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 205 38
(Previously titled 'Never Be Back Where We Began') Already interested in Hope's Peak Academy, or more specifically the dark secrets the school had, h...
52 3 8
The epilogue of the Hope's Peak Saga transpires on Jabberwock Island, where the students of class 78 become the most recent victims of a centuries ol...
7.9K 367 35
Japanese name: ダンガンロンパ:新世代の死 16 students have been enrolled into the newly built Hope's Peak Academy. However, something went wrong and now they are...
329K 13.5K 68
"Watch out--" I only had about three seconds to react before my body was harshly thrown to the side. I rolled a bit before finally halting to a stop...