GOOD wife

By S_Bhagat

-:EXCERPT:- "It pains." I sobbed. "I don't want it right now." "I don't need your permission to fuck this tig... More

Author Note
1. The 16th year
2. Rumours
3. Talkative Balcony
4. His wife
5. Good Wife
6. Daffodils
7.Anna
8. Chrysanthemum
9.Gladiolus
10. Daisy
11. Celandine
12. Pink Carnations
13. Purple Tulip
14. Amaranthus
Bonus Chapter After Chapter 6
Bonus Chapter

Prologue

27.1K 399 30
By S_Bhagat

Anna's POV

"George, please hurry up," I screamed. I am furious at this moment now.

"I will not. Maybe she must be kidding." I heard him. Does he think thinks this scenario is a joke?

"That's Amelia Florence Kepner. She is always serious about everything." I hit my best friend. "Trust me, this will not be good for you. Drive fast."

"Easy, church girl. I am trying. Roads are already blocked."

We are stuck in traffic for the past 20 minutes. Amy, my elder sister texted me about her plan. She's not happy about the arrangement, but that's the only best solution right now.

Her boyfriend, Ryan Harrison always cheats on her and then, they take a break from their relationship, only to be back in a relationship again. The cycle continues. He cheats, they break up, and then back together again.

Everyone knows about Ryan. He's a playboy and girls do fall for his charms. Yet, my naive sister believes that her love is true and will eventually change him.

My sister is naive. Just like the flower blue Iris, which resembles Faith and Hope.

"Finally- I am taking another route." George ignited the car and increased the speed of the car, taking another road to reach home and I sighed in relief.

I am leaving. I'll be back, once everything is settled.
—Amy

I re-read the message again. This is what I have been doing for the past half an hour.

I was in my botany class when I received the message and I dragged George with me home. We have to stop her.

"Did you call your mother?" I couldn't reply to his question because I don't have enough courage to tell her that suddenly, her daughters are rebellious." I think you should tell her. She could convince her." He stopped the car and offered me his phone.

"She has other issues to worry about." I snapped at him and run to the house.

"Amy........ Amy......." We both called for her.

"Where she could be?" I asked myself.

"Maybe Ryan Harrison," George blurted.

"No, he's a coward. He would never take his chances with Carters. He would never do that. Furthermore, he doesn't love her."

"He does love her. It's his lifestyle that forces him to cheat."

"You are defending him." I scoffed

"No- it's obvious he loved her." He took out his phone. "I can try to call Amy."

I nodded and went to her room to find any clue about her disappearance. I know she was sad about the agreement, but that was the only option available to us.

Maybe, she would be happy in the future. It couldn't be that bad. Right?

Her closet was empty and books were gone. Did she leave us forever?

No.

I paced to George who was talking to someone on the phone. He looked pale when he turned around to face me.

"Who was that?" My voice wobbles. "Please, it has to be good news."

"It was my cousin, Summer. She said Ryan is going out of town."

"Amy was with him?"

"She has no idea." He took out the keys to his car. "We can ask his parents."

"Only if you drive faster."

"Fastest." He promised.

***

When we reached Harrison Mansion that was glowing with happiness. It's the wedding anniversary of Mr & Mrs Harrison. It was George's cousin who was waiting for us. Summer. She looked anxious. Her expression suggests that worse is waiting for us. For my family.

"Summer?" He called her. "Where's Ryan? Amy is missing."

"He left." Summer looked guilty. "He took her."

Does it mean Amy left us for Ryan?

"Where?" I cried. "She can't do this to us. She said she would be there for us. She promised me that she would be with me."

Summer hugged me. She tried her best to console me, but we all know that destruction is inevitable for my family now. Everyone knows that.

Mrs. Carter will stop at nothing.

How Amy could be so selfish?

I hate my sister. She broke her promise.

"I can ask my father to help you." Summer offered. "Let us help you."

"Nothing can help us now." I felt defeated. Never, in my life, I thought I would be facing this day. I feel hopeless.

"What are you doing here?" It was Mrs Harrison. Her voice was coated with hatred. "Wasn't it enough that he agreed? Now, what do you want?"

"Where they both are?" George asked on my behalf.

"I love my son a lot. Amy is the thing that ever happened to him. So I didn't stop them."

"Aunt- Amy is not a thing." Summer raised her voice.

"We have to find another solution." I pushed Summer gently and walked to the car. "I have to tell my mother."

"I am there for you," George assured me and was preparing to start the car.

"Even I am." Summer opened the backseat door and joined us. "I am not leaving you alone. I have done this before, and I am not repeating it."

This 15-year-old girl was ready to support me. She's my inspiration. I am ready to support my mother at any cost. I will not abandon her as Amy did. I will be there by her side.

"Ryan will take care of her." Mrs Harrison assured. "He loves her."

"I don't care about them. I have an important issue to sort out." Amy left us. She ran away. Now, whatever happens to her, that would be solemnly her responsibility.

None of us spoke as George drove to the hospital. It was a sad silence that covered us, and I was thankful for both of them that they maintained it.

George drove to the hospital where my mother has been staying for the last 2 weeks after the accident. It was a disastrous accident, that tore both the family apart. Kepner Vs Carter.

Never, in my life, I thought, we could be facing Cater against us. They are almost ready to destroy us. They would do anything for revenge. And if the agreement fails then, there's no chance that they could spare us.

"If you want, I can talk to your mother." George offered.

"Thank you- but it's our fight." I closed the door. "And let us fight."

"We are always there to support you and your family." Summer interrupted. "We are here."

I collected my courage and walked to meet my parents. My father had been in a coma since the accident. Carters are ready to pay and will also withdraw the case against him, only if the agreement is fulfilled.

"What happened, dear?" I found the mother in the reception. She was talking to Sophia, the nurse. "Sophia, please check him"

"You can see your father, soon." Sophia left.

"I have to tell you something. Amy......."

"I never wanted to agree, but I had to. They were offering medical facilities and are ready to withdraw the case." Mother clarified. "God will never forgive them for this sin."

"Are you OK?" I was worried about her. She has not been resting since the accident. She looks so sick. I need her to be strong like she has always been.

"No- nothing is OK." She hugged me. "Once he's fine. We will leave this place.",

"This is our home. We are not leaving. Everything is going to be fine."

"At least, Amy is there......." Amy. The person who carried this name has already abandoned us. "Anna?" My mother called me. She looked so concerned. What would I tell her?

"She's gone." Mother got paled on my declaration.

"What about the agreement?"

The next update will be soon.
Stay tuned.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 82 11
''Devils never die, innocents do.'' ★★★ Anastasia Fernandez is a 26 year old daughter of the Sicilian Mafia Don. She is s sick psycho who has no hear...
460K 18.2K 41
COMPLETE "Just how wet are you for me?" He rumbles in my ear. His hand dips into my underwear and I gasp at the sensation of his finger brushing agai...
13.7K 868 49
"I want your daughter to come work for me... if she is willing to work for one year without pay then, we are willing to let the half a million go." ...
7.3M 159K 34
"Hey Babe! I am having a surprise news for you!!" Anna cooed with the joy to tell Ethan that she is pregnant. "Before that sign the divorce paper!"...