𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃...

By laurelleghuleh

A well-known criminal from the underground is tasked with killing four Survey Corps soldiers, Erwin, Levi, Is... More

Author's note + Prologue + Characters
Two wings, but to fly where?
My name is Daphne
Heart, tell them what you came for
A word to the wise
Camomile...
Homecoming
Bruises
Wounds
Stitches
The 57° Expedition
This ravaged village is my heart
Seven Devils
Scars
A favor
Right-hand man
Lilith and Adam

Bites

1.1K 39 92
By laurelleghuleh

[AN:

FanArt: by roredwarrior

Songs: "I Feel Like I'm Drawning" by Two Feet, "Shiver" by Maroon 5, "Do I Wanna Know" by Arctic Monekys.]

LEVI'S POV

As usual, I couldn't sleep that night either, but for once, at least, I had a "good" excuse. I desperately wanted to know how Daphne was doing, and at the same time, I also wanted to start caring less about that girl. I could have really gotten myself into trouble.

I had always lost out when I cared about someone else: my mom, my friends, my comrades. And once I learned my lesson, after countless deaths, I had completely trained my mind and body to suck it up and move on. Honestly, there was nothing else I could do. Each loss had brought me to my knees, still, none of those seemed to stop me from achieving my goal, which was to annihilate the titans. To wipe them off the face of the earth. Once and for all.

And yet with Daphne, it was... different. I still couldn't fully understand the nature and depth of my affection for her. I found no explanation for that chronic attraction I felt towards her and her story. Maybe just empathy... yes, maybe just empathy, for another poor scrap from that hovel called Underground...

The sun rose. It was about time for me to go down to the cafeteria and let that brand new and challenging day begin. When I was almost in front of the main stairs, I noticed a bit of bustle: some cadets were crammed in front of a window, intent on looking out and making almost incomprehensible comments. Among them, I saw Petra, who immediately noticed my gaze and ran towards me.

"Captain, good morning!" she greeted me with her usual enthusiasm. "What's this fucking racket now?" I cut her off. "Ahem... Well..." While Petra was stuttering something, I went to the window, getting those brats out of my way. Tch, what the fuck they are ever looking at.

"Here she comes again..." one of them whispered as they all stepped back. Then I saw her: Daphne was running like an insane around the castle.

"How long has this been going on?" I asked Petra, who had come forward, close to me. "I don't know, sir, for a while I guess, but..." she shyly replied, intimidated by my possible reaction. "And you back there? What are you looking at, huh? Fuck off" I yelled at the cadets behind us. They instantly ran off.

"Captain, do you want me to go talk to her? You know, girl to girl..." I heard Petra say at one point, but I was too focused on thinking what the hell Daphne was trying to do to answer her. After a while, I came up with "No, Petra. In that state, if you tried to talk to her, she would probably rip your head off. Let her be. See you in the cafeteria."

As I walked down to the ground floor, I passed before the main door and there I felt like my legs didn't want to move forward. I stopped and after a while, I decided to head outside. I stepped into the walkway and waited for her to pass in front of me again. Our eyes met, but she didn't care too much and she just kept running around the castle, so I lost sight of her again. Tch, again with this ignoring-me thing?

On the second lap, as soon as I caught her gaze, we stared at each other again. Her eyebrows frowned visibly and so she stopped. After catching some breath, she started to walk in my direction. Actually, it seemed like she was coming right towards me. So, I decided to say something to her, "Oi, go take a shower, today Hange wants to do experiments on Eren-"

She didn't even let me finish, and when she was a few inches away, she just walked past me, without saying a word, and kept walking straight into the castle. This girl, she...

Later, Daphne didn't come to the cafeteria and appeared in the courtyard just in time for the experiments. There were only me, her, four-eyed, and the whiner. During the whole experiment, Daphne stood aside, holding the notebook that Hange had given her, and she was just there waiting to write down what she was told to.

Eren failed to transform and Daphne helped him to come out of the stench where we had put him before. Once outside, she bound his hands, where he had bitten himself several times to induce the transformation. After patting him on the shoulder, Daphne suggested "Maybe it's better to give the kid a break. It's time for lunch anyways". Hange seemed to agree with her, so we all headed to the tables we had set up outside to eat something with the other soldiers. And still, Daphne was clearly avoiding me.

I have a bad feeling about this.

DAPHNE'S POV

After interrupting the morning experiments, we decided to take a lunch break. Eren seemed exhausted and as much as I understood their intentions, I was often puzzled by Levi's impassiveness and Hange's twisted curiosity. Although that morning those simple thoughts seemed hard even to process.

I still felt my head particularly heavy after another sleepless night. Even the sweet words of Levi on the other side of the door couldn't have had any effect on my sorrow. Indeed, if anything, they made everything worse. I wouldn't have let those two piercing eyes look inside me again and distract me from my real goal: to go home, to save my sisters, to live in peace. Full stop.

While I was focused on my food, I felt a gaze on me and an unexpected shiver seemed to run up my back. Levi, as usual, was staring at me, while he was sipping something from his cup and standing a few meters from his teammates' table. Don't you ever get tired of this, Levi?

I intercepted his eyes. I tried not to get too caught up in the situation, but something told me to play a little anyway. Let's see how long can you keep up with me, Captain. Without looking away from Levi, I kept on eating and drinking casually. Suddenly a small drop slipped out of my mouth, so I retrieved it with my thumb. That same voice in my head told me, "Do it. Do it. You'll make him go nuts".

So, I went along with it. I put my thumb in my mouth and I sucked it slowly. I took all the time to calmly look at Levi's reaction, who suddenly froze. His mug was still a couple of centimeters from his lips, now slightly open, while his gaze was focused on mine. My mouth curved in a small and mischievous smile. In response, Levi decided to turn his back on me. Daphne 1 Levi 0.

Soon after Petra approached him. She had probably witnessed the whole scene, but I couldn't care less. She could think what the hell she wanted about me. I laughed and stared at the food again, but all of a sudden, I felt a little pat on my back. I saw Hange passing by, saying "Follow me". I did not make her repeat twice and I immediately ran after her.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but I really wanted to talk to you for a bit" she began to say, as we proceeded towards a small grove in the garden. "No, Hange, I'm the one who should apologize first... the other day I really fucked up" I interrupted her, bowing my head. "Yeah... You fucked up," she said, looking at me over her shoulder. "Hange, please you have to believe me. I wasn't the one who killed your tita-"

"I know. I never suspected it was you... I know you got off to a rocky start with us, but I couldn't believe you were capable of such a thing, so I never thought it was you". "Really?" I asked her, a bit curious.

"Call me a dupe, but... I feel like I can trust you, you know?" she said with a big smile, "From the first day I saw you, I immediately liked you. You look like a girl who knows what she's about. However, I hate when people jump to conclusions. The fact that you're from the Underground doesn't mean a thing to me. In my eyes, that doesn't make you either worse or better than any of us..." Her words seemed to comfort me straightaway. Hange was so transparent and honest. And I was incredibly grateful to have her somehow on my side. "But bad timing, girl," she added. I looked at her a bit confused.

"Erwin told me that you two ended up in the Underground and that Captain Levi didn't give him much more explanation. But let's just say I've done some math. I think you just took advantage of the situation to escape and I get it... Bad timing though" Levi didn't say anything about it. So, he didn't explicitly tell the Commander about my attempted escape. Seriously? Ok, but why? Was he trying to protect me or just not to make a pointless fuss out of that? I thought, but then Hange's voice brought me back down to earth.

"I understand you want to leave, but I guess Erwin found his way to keep you here, right?" We looked at each other and all I could think was "Yes, Hange, a kind of way like if I tried to escape, he would personally escort me to the police who, after all I did in the Underground, would probably cut my head off in the public square. Something like that".

"But why? Why coming back? What did you leave there?" she asked. I sighed and in total honesty I told her: "My sisters. I want to save them from there. Bring them on the surface to see the sky and give them a safe place to live". My few but sincere words seemed to hit her immediately. So, she inhaled soundly and then spoke again: "Look, can I give you some advice? A little friendly tip?"

I don't know why, but her way of talking and her totally naive hint at being friendly with me had provoked a minor and uncontrollable reaction in me. So, a little giggle slipped out of my mouth as I nodded. She seemed to notice it, so she vigorously took me by the arm and said, "Well, the 57th expedition is around the corner. It's a crucial moment now that we have Eren with us. So, wait a little longer. Bear with it. Help us. Fight with us. And if everything goes as planned, I'm sure we'll find a way to help you. Maybe we could talk to Levi... I don't know, but I promise you we'll find a way, okay?"

I squeezed her arm tight. I perfectly knew she was just trying to comfort me, but I really needed a break from everything that was going on in my life at that point. "And what happens if the mission doesn't go according to plan?" I naively asked her. Hange stopped and grabbed me by the shoulders. She didn't know what to say. However, our attention was immediately caught by a sudden roar, like an explosion, and so we rushed back.

Once there, a huge smoke enveloped what looked like a massive carcass, over which towered Eren, visibly terrified. All around him, the other cadets had drawn their swords towards him and between them and Eren, there was only Levi, unarmed, with his hands stretched out, saying "Don't panic, I just said don't panic. And that goes for everyone". The ferocious looks of Petra, Gunther, Eld and Oruo were fixated on Eren as if they were completely ignoring their captain's orders. They looked like hunting animals, ready to attack their prey at the first wrong move, while Levi kept saying "Don't panic".

As soon as we realized what had just happened, Hange went into raptures and immediately ran towards him. "Please let me touch your arm. Please, I swear I'll only touch it," she said, and as she begged him, almost drooling, she got closer. With both her hands she caressed the carcass, still steaming. "Hange, no wait!" I tried to scream, but it was already too late. As soon as she felt the heat on her hands, she threw herself on the ground, aching but extremely happy. She had an expression like she was in ecstasy, and I was at loss for words. Hange was a curious character.

Eren freed himself from the carcass and fell to the ground, catching everyone's attention. Levi quickly got closer to him and asked, "How are you feeling?". The boy was visibly stunned, so the captain dismissed him, returning to his companions. A glance was enough to put them in line.

Levi always seemed to have everything under control.

We went back to our tables to finish what we started and at some point, Petra came up to me saying: "Daphne, we were thinking about training a little bit in the afternoon with the devices. Would you like to join us?". "Um... sure, why not" I said. I still had no idea whether or not I could trust Petra, but Hange's words had shaken something inside of me. The 57° expedition. The 57° expedition and then I would have found a way. We would have found a way, together.

"Great! See you later then" she smiled at me. "Sure... Thank you for inviting me, Petra" I added.

"It's the least I can do... And since we're here... I wanted to say that I'm sorry about the other day. You know, after training... I spoke out of turn. I got caught up in the moment," she said, slightly lowering her head. "No worries. Like it never happened" I immediately replied. Then she smiled and said "Good" and so she left.

A few hours later I was there again with Petra, Gunther, Eld, Oruo, and other veterans who I hadn't yet met. Shortly afterward, Levi and two other team leaders joined us to supervise. I was oddly confident that afternoon: Hange's words had encouraged me to work hard and the invitation of Petra... well I must say, I was impressed and somehow glad she was trying to get along with me.

As soon as she saw me coming, Petra greeted me energetically and beckoned me to join her. "I usually pair up with Oruo, but if you want, we could-" she started to say. "If you want, I can train with her" I heard a voice coming from behind me. It was Eld. Eld Jinn. Second in command among the Levi Squad's soldiers. "Since we have not yet got to know each other..." he added smiling, as soon as I turned towards him. Eld had an honest face and the appearance of a warrior who knew what he was doing. I didn't overthink it and said, "Surely, Eld. Thank you".

As we were approaching the grove to train, Eld started to speak, "I saw you with the devices. You looked pretty skilled. I have to say I was amazed by-". "By me? Because I'm a girl from the Underground?" I interrupted him. I shouldn't have answered him like that. He didn't say anything wrong, actually. I've always been such a terrible socializer.

"Absolutely not. I was amazed in general. You looked like you perfectly knew what you were doing with these freaking things. It took me forever to learn," he laughed. He didn't seem to care at all for my interruption. "I'm sorry, Eld..."

"Don't mention it. I guess it wasn't easy... I mean everything, so don't worry, I get it" he promptly declared. "Yep..." I replied, showing him a shy smile. Eld didn't seem so bad.

"Hey, Eld" I heard a voice coming from our shoulders "If I were you, I'd be careful to handle those devices next to that one. She could steal them and run away, maybe run away to kill some titans she's not supposed to kill". It didn't take me long to connect that annoying tone to Oruo's fuck face. As soon as I turned around, I jumped at his throat and knocked him down.

I sensed Petra and Eld coming closer as they tried to separate us. While I was squeezing Oruo's neck in my hands, he still gave me that kind of look like he wasn't still ready to give up. "Excuse me, what did you say? Try me now, you fucking moron!" I yelled as I held him tighter "Sorry, what? I can't hear you, asshole. Speak louder if you dare!!". Oruo was struggling beneath me, trying to free himself from my grip.

By now many had come to watch us, when at a certain point I felt two hands taking me by the waist and lifting me. I was still holding Oruo's neck, who was promptly pulled away by a couple of soldiers behind him. Petra got closer to him and shouted something like, "What's wrong with you?". I didn't understand much more, but I kept my blood-shot eyes glued on him, not caring much that someone was carrying me away.

I soon realized it was – of course - Levi. As I freed myself from his grip, he tried to pull me by the arm saying "Get back inside. Now.", but I growled at him "Leave me alone, Captain". "Daphne..." he threatened me, now standing right in front of me.

"Fuck off and let me smash that asshole's face" and while I was yelling at him, I tried to get back to Oruo, but Levi got in my way. Again. "Get a grip. You're pissing me off right now. Calm down," he whispered. "Fucking leave me alone!" I yelled at him. He took my tantrum quite badly and as soon as I tried again to walk past him, he fiercely grabbed me and carried me inside the castle on his shoulder.

I kept trying to wiggle out of his grip, shouting nonsense. I kicked him and punched him on his back, screaming to let me go. Levi didn't seem to care. At some point, I just gave up and let myself go like a dead body on his shoulder.

As soon as we arrived at my room, he let me off and again we found ourselves there, in front of my door, silently staring at each other. "Take a shower and calm down," Levi said, and then he turned his heels. He just took one step and then he added, still not turning around: "Don't let words make you lose control like that. They're just words..."

I stayed silent and as soon as he stepped forward to leave, I instinctively reached for his jacket and grabbed it with my right hand, as if to stop him. I didn't really know what I was doing. He still didn't dare to turn or say anything, but at some point I saw his left hand coming back and looking for mine. Once he found it, he gently squeezed it and slightly turned his face, looking at me over his shoulder. And then, without saying a word, he left.

Later, I was at dinner with Eren and the others, who were all about telling me about the ceremony that was held that afternoon. They had officially joined the Survey Corps and it seemed like Erwin had given them one of his famous speeches to convince them. I watched them carefully, one by one. They were really just a bunch of kids, driven by their dreams. They were just a bunch of kids who had just signed a death treaty. I tried not to get too sentimental and I kept listening to what they had to say.

They all seemed pretty thrilled by the words of Commander Smith, who apparently would have shown us the following day the strategy he devised for the next expedition. Honestly, for some reason, I was looking forward to it.

As I left the cafeteria, I heard someone calling my name. As soon as I recognized his voice, I was almost tempted to keep walking and ignore him. "Daphne, hold up..." Oruo said. When I turned around, I saw Petra, Eld and Gunther right behind him. "Ahem..." he stuttered, then Eld pushed him. " Well, sorry about today, I didn't know it wasn't you..."

"Whatever" I said, turning around. If he thinks I'm going to apologize for choking him, he is so fucking wrong. Then Eld came up to me and said, "Hey, we have a meeting with some team leaders tonight... if you want, you can join us. I think we'll talk about the expedition or something". "Yes, Daphne, you must come with us!" added Petra, approaching us. I shrugged and added a simple "Yeah, sure".

When we arrived in a room I had never seen before, Mike and Hange were already sitting at a table. The light was soft and the two were chatting animatedly. Later, Levi and Eren joined us and at that point, Hange threw a teaspoon on the table. "I pulled it out of the hand that came out of Eren..." she said, then turned to the boy who was now sitting next to her. "Does it ring any bell?" she added.

"Yes... I remember that before I transformed, I was trying to pick it up from the ground". There were a few moments of silence, and then Hange whispered "Just as I thought" and then raised her voice to say: "That's why we couldn't get you to transform this morning. Killing the titans, protecting yourself from a cannonball, collecting this teaspoon. It is not enough for you to hurt yourself. You also must have a clear goal to achieve". Eren was completely shocked by that revelation, but he managed to say, "Yes, it reminds me of that one time with the cannonball... But to transform just for a teaspoon? What's the point?"

"So, today you didn't break the agreements you made" Gunther claimed. "Of course," Eren promptly replied. Gunther sighed in response and exchanged a glance with the others. All of a sudden, they all bit their hands in synch and that totally caught me by surprise. But I quickly realized they were trying to prove something to Eren.

"Fuck, it hurts so bad," said Gunther. "Eren, how the hell do you do this?" added Eld. Then Gunther told Eren "Until now we have always underestimated you and this is only a modest compensation...". "We're so sorry, Eren, we just got scared. We're a bunch of idiots, but we hope that you'll still trust your comrades" Petra declared, looking him in the eyes. Her expression and words seemed so genuine and honest. "Please, trust us again," she added. Eren nodded and convincingly said "Of course", then exchanged a glance with Levi.

I was quite amazed by the whole scene. The soldiers of the Survey Corps were always full of surprises and once again I felt growing inside of me a strange feeling, as of excitement. It was that stupid sense of pride for something I didn't even feel like a part of yet.

LEVI'S POV

We all continued chatting for a while until that brat started yawning nonstop, so Hange decided to call it a day. I stayed a little longer to talk with Hange and Mike about the report on Eren's experiments. Then I decided that it was time for me to head back. I felt unexpectedly tired. Walking before the kitchen, I noticed a figure in front of the stove and I instinctively stopped. Daphne was standing there, in front of the window, while a small pot was warming up next to her.

"Are you done?" she said at some point. She probably sensed my presence on the doorstep. I didn't mind her tone and I started getting closer to her. Then she turned around and a frowny face appeared on her face. "What's with you?" she asked. "I could ask you the same thing," I said. In response, she crossed her arms over her chest.

"It's nothing," added Daphne after a while. "Oh really? Then, what was that show you put up today, this morning with that crazy race and then later with Oruo at the training session, huh?". She clenched her jaw, then growled "You know I'm having a hard time recently".

She tried to face again the window, but I promptly grabbed her shoulder, making her turn to me. So, I said, "No, Daphne. I have no idea what's going on with you, because the other day I tried several times to come and talk to you, but you decided to ignore me" I paused as I sensed a little anger growing inside of me, but I simply couldn't repress it. So, I added "What is it, huh? Are you intimidated, by any chance? Are you uncomfortable talking to me because we kissed last time?"

"No," she promptly answered, "Don't worry, Captain, I'm not that sentimental. You did what you had to do. That kiss meant absolutely nothing to me." Nothing. Nothing, you say. Ok. Anyway, again with this captain-thing?

"I see..." I said, getting closer to her. " Well, I'm glad to hear that, because... I mean, in a few days one of us might even die during the expedition, so it's convenient for both of us to not get any strange ideas and keep this attitude" I paused. I noticed she had suddenly tensed up at the sound of my words.

"But I have to admit..." I started talking again, grabbing a lock of her hair and twirling it a couple of times between my fingers. So, I kept talking, this time almost whispering, "I never expected such an answer from an emotional girl like you."

Thanks to the darkness coming from the outside, both our faces were mostly immersed in the gloom and only a feeble light placed a few meters from us illuminated our contours. And yet, I managed to read all over her face the deep frustration that my provocation had created.

"If it matters so much to you, captain, I can easily demonstrate to you how little I care about that kiss," she barked back at some point. That being said, she let her arms down to the sides of her body and got dangerously close to me. You're playing with fire, Daphne.

But her comeback didn't scare me that much, so I decided to step further. At that point we were so close that she was forced to take a step back, bumping into the kitchen base cabinet. She tried to maintain her composure, but I had definitely caught her off guard, approaching her like that. I thought it wouldn't have hurt to tease her a little more. Now let's see who's in charge. I got even closer, to the point we were just a few inches from each other, to the point I almost broke her pride down.

I placed my hands on the cabinet, right behind her, and our faces were now at the same height. Suddenly her breath became heavier, her lips parted and a deep sigh escaped from her mouth. Her warm breath brushed my skin and getting even closer to her, a small grin appeared on my face. By now, we were basically one glued to the other and I could feel her skin almost burning, her cheeks slightly blushing.

I tried to make her even more uncomfortable by impatiently traveling my eyes from hers down to her mouth and vice versa. She had no clue about what I was going to do next. Then, trying to annoy her, I added, "I don't think you understood who you're messing with, Daphne". I squeezed the kitchen top tightly in my hands, flexing my arms. I don't think you understood a damn thing, Daphne.

She swallowed soundly, then took courage and told me, provocatively: "And you captain? As far as I can see, it seems like you are the one afraid to make the first move, sir". "I'm not afraid of anything, little girl," I whispered, touching her nose with mine and almost brushing my lips against hers.

She let a short sigh come out of her mouth, then added "Are you sure about that, captain?" circling her fingers on my collar and dangerously looking at my mouth and then back at my eyes. "Daphne, don't play with me. You'll get hurt," I told her frowning. I wasn't sure who I was actually talking to. I didn't know what another kiss would have led to: only one would have been enough to change everything, forever. And yet, at that moment I would have given anything to feel once again her sweet taste on my skin, in my mouth, under my tongue.

"Don't flatter yourself too much, Levi "Oh really, Daphne? Really? Then she continued: "Are you sure you're not just afraid?" There I couldn't figure out what was making me insane, whether the way she called me by my name again or those words. Don't be afraid, Levi. I believed I could hear my mother's voice again. Images from that strange dream I had had a few days before suddenly appeared in front of me, almost blinding me. "Don't be afraid, Levi". I'm not afraid.

Daphne tried to draw my attention back to her, asking me with a smug smile painted on her face: "So? Are you afraid you're going to lose at this game, Levi?". I was on the verge of losing my patience, so I took a deep breath. Looking back at her and staring straight into her eyes, I stated "No. I just have too much respect for you," I paused "And the water is boiling," and then I moved slightly away from her.

As I tried to reach the stove to turn it off, she suddenly grabbed me by the collar and pulled me to her. Her lips immediately found mine, which responded as aggressively as hers. I let myself go, completely, as I took her face with my hands. Then I slid my fingers behind her neck and into her hair.

We continued to kiss each other avidly like we were fighting in a bidding war. At one point she took my lower lip with her mouth, biting it slowly and then gradually letting it go. She then looked with such a pleased expression at my unexpected reaction: I was paralyzed and for a moment I just stared at her, almost out of breath. Then without overthinking it, I let my hands slide alongside the curves of her body down to her thighs and I pulled her up, putting her to sit on the kitchen counter.

I felt the urge to attack her lips again, just to wipe that mischievous smile off her face. I kissed her even deeper than before, holding her neck and back with my hands. She instantly responded to me, wrapping her legs around my waist and pulling me in.

In the meantime, I started to hear a strange sound in the background, like a rumble, but I couldn't completely figure out what it was. A white noise resonated in my head and all my senses were intent on perceiving that unexpected and new sensation that was running up and down my body, coming from somewhere deep down inside of me.

Her hands were now on my neck and she slowly moved her fingers close to my mouth, as if to ask my permission to part my lips. And so I did. I slightly opened my mouth, allowing her tongue in, while her hands cupped my face. I really felt like I was about to lose it: my tongue was totally subjugated by hers and after a while, I could no longer hold myself back.

Just for a second, I moved my mouth away from her and I started leaving tiny hungry kisses down her neck to her collarbone. I felt like I was starving and longing for something whose features and taste I couldn't even comprehend. In response, she tilted her head back, almost in ecstasy. Her breath ran short and her skin crawled.

When I was closer to her collar, I stopped, undecided about what to do next. So, I looked up at her and she gave me a shy nod as if to allow me to do whatever I wanted.

I moistened my lips as I impatiently tried to free her from the uniform's leather band over her chest and then from her shirt, as much as possible. Once I unbuttoned it, I stopped for a moment to contemplate the view I had in front of me: from the fabric of her bra to the shadow between her breasts, the goosebumps on her naked skin, right there, in the middle.

Instinctively I began to kiss the contour of her right cup, along the line between her skin and the fabric, while my hand slowly climbed on her torso, accompanying my every step on her. Under me I sensed her skin becoming incandescent.

But as soon as I pulled the fabric away, just a little to slide my finger under it, almost caressing her nipple, a loud noise shook both of us. The pot, which in the meantime had continued to warm up, had fallen to the ground, spilling everywhere the water that was inside of it, from the hob to the floor. That bang seemed to bring us both down to earth and we immediately realized distant voices in the hallway adjacent to the kitchen were slowly getting closer.

We eyed each other and instinctively moved away, trying to pull ourselves together. Once she got off the cabinet, Daphne began to button up her shirt and rearrange her hair, while I fixed my clothes and lightly touched my mouth with my fingers. Who the hell is it now?

All of a sudden, Mike peeked out from behind the door, saying, "Is everything all right? Did something happen? I heard a bang and...". His eyes ran to the pot on the ground, without even caring too much about us and he immediately understood what happened.

"Don't worry, Mike. It was just me. I made a mess here..." Daphne answered him promptly. He believed her without getting too suspicious and so he left.

Again, we found ourselves alone, while the water kept running down the drawers.

"Well, maybe it was a sign that we had to stop, right?" she whispered slowly, getting closer to me again. I didn't know what to say or do, I felt like I was catapulted back into our reality, in Captain Levi's shoes, and a strange sense of regret rushed inside of me. What was I doing?

Sensing my silence, Daphne sighed, but before she could add anything else, I said: "Go ahead, I'll take care of this mess here", never looking up from the ground. "Okay... Well, good night Levi" she murmured, almost sounding melancholic.

In my life, I have always known what to do, but at that moment I was completely paralyzed by indecision. So I only managed to say "Night, Daphne".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

593K 9.2K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
309K 9.3K 101
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
802K 29.9K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
233K 8K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...