Alpha Black | Pacific Rim | E...

By sukunasxvessel

The life of a single pilot, Maki "Danger" Collins. It's a crazy one. More

Intro
P.P.D.C
Training
Knifehead
Reunion
Beginning of the End

Simulation

911 13 0
By sukunasxvessel

Simulation

+++

Warnings:

"Get ready for the drop."

+++

I woke up to loud banging on the door.

"Wake up Danger! You're doing the simulation today!"

"Ok I'm up! Let me get ready! God, Yancy, you're like an alarm. Ever since I was little sheesh."

I heard someone laugh. Raleigh's laugh.

"I'm the one with an alarm? This guy woke me up for a battle and he was already halfway dressed and the alarms literally just went off!" Yancy argued.

I open the door and we head over to the simulation. I stopped off by the drive suit room first to get into gear. It was an exact replica of Alpha Black. The helmet didn't have a physical covering, it was more technologically advanced. I walked into the simulation room with my helmet between my side and arm.

"Cadets, this is Ranger Collins. The first ever single pilot. She will be showing you how to work the simulation. Let her be an example of what you are building up to." Lieutenant Lambert spoke.

"But she is a single pilot. Not that that is a bad thing, but how does she relate to our training?" A blonde woman said.

"I can connect with another pilot, but it could only be for so long," I stated. "After a while, the neural handshake would start to collapse because I become so fast, the other pilot can't comprehend what is happening."

"She is like you. The only difference is she doesn't exactly need a partner."

I step into the simulation and get ready. I place the helmet on my head. I can see everything, but nobody could see my face unless I wanted them to.

"Neural handshake commencing," the AI spoke.

"Get ready for the drop."

And that is what happened. I steady myself for impact and bended at the knees to help stable myself. Once I got up, I looked around the city I was in. I didn't quite recognize it, but I did recognize the trail of destruction left by a Kaiju.

"What Cat?" I asked.

"4," I heard Marshal say.

I walked on the trail and looked around trying to find any evidence of a Kaiju. Then I heard a roar. I turned around and saw it.

"Code name?"

"Mutivore," Herc said.

I charged straight at it and jumped up. I punched it in its face and rolled away. As I got back up, I activated tasers. Electricity ran along my fist, well the jaeger's fist. When Mutivore charged, I pulled my fist back then sent it flying. Mutivore was pushed back, letting out a pained growl. I activated my sword and charged at the Kaiju. When I was close enough, I stabbed it through its chest and held its face. I deactivated my sword and knocked the kaiju down till it was kneeling. I opened its mouth and shot a photon blast (Think Captain Marvel) down its throat, killing the kaiju.

Once I stood back up from my hunched position, the simulation ends. I take off my helmet and turn around as the doors open to see all the Rangers smiling, especially Yancy and Raleigh, and all the cadets staring at me with wide eyes and mouth open because I just took down a Category 4 Kaiju. Most likely a level they haven't reached yet.

+++

I walked into the cafeteria to be bombarded by multiple questions from the cadets.

"How were you able to defeat a category 4? Every time we try, we fail."

"Well, from what I have been told about your fighting skills is that you guys are good. You can take down a category 4. But what about working together? Whoever you are paired up with, you need to be able to work together. Next training session, ask Nate and Jake if you can be paired with someone they think you will be partners with in the next simulation. From there, talk and get to know each other better. Then you will be able to work together better during a fight."

"Thank you!" Amara said.

"Anytime guys."

I get my food which consisted of a slice of bread, cheese, and a ham sandwich. I walked over to the other Rangers and sat next to Raleigh.

"Hey Hot shot!" He said.

"Hot shot?"

"Um, it just came out," He said sheepishly.

I laughed and punched his shoulder lightly. I started eating my sandwich. Once we were done, Raleigh, Chuck, Herc, Yancy, and I headed towards the bay. Then the alarms went off.

"Cherno Alpha. Category 3."

The pilots, Sasha and Aleksis Kaidanovsky, took off running towards the drive suit room.

"Crimson Typhoon on stand by."

The Wei triplets nodded in recognition to no one. They then continued their basketball game. All of a sudden, the tour group comes up to us.

Apparently because the war is finally under control, somewhat, groups of 20 people are led in a tour around the Shatterdome. They get the history on the walk in, then they are introduced to the Jaegers. They usually are able to see certain jaegers depending on who is deployed and who isn't. If they find a Ranger off duty, they can talk to them. Other than that they see us in the training room. They get to see LOCCENT to, but they is a barrier which they can't cross. Tendo is really strict about that. Unfortunately they aren't able to go into the lab, but if they run into Newt and Hermann, man they would get the whole 411 on Kaiju specimen. Anyways, after LOCCENT is the training room then they are finished.

"Welcome to the Shaterdome guys!" Herc said. "I hope your trip here was nice. You most likely already know me as Herc Hansen, pilot of Striker Eureka. I will let the rest introduce themselves."

"Chuck Hansen, pilot of Striker Eureka."

"Yancy Becket, pilot of Gipsy Danger."

"Raleigh Becket, pilot of Gipsy Danger."

"Who are you, ma'am?" The tour guide asked me.

"Gipsy Danger. Pilot of Alpha Black."

"Gipsy...Danger?"

"The Jaeger is named after me."

"Where's your other pilot?"

"Don't have one."

Everyone had wide eyes except for the Rangers.

"She is the first ever and most likely only single pilot," Herc stated.

"Well, we wish we can talk more but we need to get to training. We'll see you then, or you will see us." Yancy said, as we started to walk off.

"Wanna be my sparing partner?" I asked Raleigh.

"Sure," He smiled down at me.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Raleigh is 6'1. I'm 5'4.

"Who will I spar with?" Yancy asked.

"You're training the cadets with Nate and Tyler, remember? Or is memory loss hitting you old man?" Raleigh joked with his brother.

Herc laughed after Raleigh said that.

"I'm not that old."

"Don't worry. We still love ya, old or not." I stated, looking forward.

+++

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 8.9K 104
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
847K 19.3K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1M 39.7K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
511K 14.6K 107
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc