Cant I Just Be A Background C...

By bubblecakespattykiss

All Suna Katsumi ever wanted to be was a background character. But fate has other things in stored for him... More

000; prologue
001; crisis indeed
002; the butler
003; The Past Of Collins Wright
005; brothers conflict
006; grounded
007; crown prince
008; this is not home
009; pretty little thing
010; vanilla
011; history with some salt on top
012; disgusted
013; just an average day
014; a new beginning
015; sudden confession
016; Arumnia
017; forest

004; a day with dad

28.4K 1.1K 894
By bubblecakespattykiss

Growing up, Louis has been spoiled with the most expensive jewelries and clothing his father could afford (well, not like Byton cant afford anything). He was also often given expensive gifts too, from his so-called 'friends', who wanted to curry some favor by sucking up to Byton's favorite child.

Basically.. the reason why Sumi has to always wear those tight clothes is all because of that stupid old man?

For todays attire, his butler had chosen a white blouse that has black strings and bells on it in the end (though when Sumi shook it, it never rang), paired with black shorts (which were a little too short for his liking). Given that it was not the most comfortable, it was better than all those other fancy clothes Louis had in his wardrobe.

Another thing Sumi found out is that, Louis is attending the most prestigious school in Arumnia. But since that crisis morning, he hasn't really attended school because of his overprotective father. He has to tell him that he wants to resume his studies when he meets him again.

Apparently, the school is called, Blades Magic academy, again, a cliche name to Sumi, someone who has watched lots of anime and played lots of games. Its supposedly a school for elites and the strong ones. Its rare for commoners to get in, and the heroine is the 7th commoner to ever get in Blades academy in history, which is again, pretty cliche.

Louis is still in elementary. His brother is in middle school. The plot will progress when Louis is in his last year of middle school. Of course, the crown prince is in the same class as his older brother.

Speaking of father, Collins had informed Sumi that Byton had summoned him to his office. So of course, like any child would, he complied and went straight to his mad father in a low energy. He seriously didn't want to deal with his new father early in the morning.

These couple of days Sumi had spent in this world was so tiring (Mostly because of his new father), but his butler had also had a change of attitude. In his first days with Collins, Collins is usually submissive and would do anything Sumi would tell him to do, and he would indulge Sumi to the best of his abilities. He is still like that now.. but he's more dominant now. And if the butler thinks that something is unhealthy, the butler would usually force Sumi to stop whatever he's doing. Not that Sumi would protest though, it takes too much energy.

Wandering to his fathers study room with his trusted butler behind him, the man-turned child sighed. What does the old man want with Sumi? Perfect timing though, Sumi was about to confront the old man to resume his studies.

The butler opened the door and bowed in respect, prompting Sumi to walk inside. But before Sumi could even walk inside, a tall figure excitedly rushed to hug him. Yes, it was his father.

Sumi: ... (I think I might accidently punch him one day..)

"Ah, my babyboy~ I miss you so much!" The older man rubbed his cheeks onto Sumi's. Sumi didn't say anything and let the old man do his normal thing everytime he sees Sumi.

"Father.." Sumi greeted him with a nod, his cheeks still in collide with his father. Collins stayed still and acted as if this was an everyday occurrence. But before Sumi could say anything else, his father continued his chirp. "I cleared up all my schedule for you~ Lets have a father and son bonding time~"

There's no option to decline anyways..

"But before that father, i have something to request."

His fathers ears perked up and the man smiled at his son. Byton would do anything to make his son happy. Louis wants someone dead? Just tell him the name! Wants the most expensive jewelry? Why not? Want more slaves? Feel free to buy! Anything to keep his youngest happy.

"I want to resume my studies."

Sumi's voice was clear and commanding, as if ordering a servant to buy him something. Byton could only frown deeply, still worried for his youngest's health. Nevertheless, not wanting another tantrum to have to deal with, Byton agreed reluctantly. "Alright. I'll resume your studies. Come to school whenever your ready."

Ah, thank god. One thing Sumi cant stand is, bad grades. All his life, he wanted average grades. One day, in his old life, when he was still an elementary kid, a teacher once told him that the average grade was 75/100. It was a miracle, since Sumi didn't know what was an average grade at the time. That teacher was the only teacher Sumi had respected. Since that day, Sumi thrived for an average grade, coming home with 75/100 on all his test papers (perks of being a genius). He seemed to get more stares, but he never really realized that, as he was happy to get an average grade.

"What are we going to do today?"

That question made Byton's lips curved into a smile once more, like a frown was never in there. "I'm so glad you asked. I've always wanted to go shopping like all those noble girls! Lets go!"

Before his father could pull Sumi like a doll again, Sumi decided to ask another question, despite already analyzing the answer. "With brother?"

Byton's lips frowned again. Though Byton never hated his eldest child, he didn't really like him either. All he focused on was Louis, Louis, Louis. This made Sumi a little bit uneasy because, Byton is a father, not only to one, but two healthy sons. So in Sumi's opinion, he should treat George the same as him.

"I think he has homework to do~ so its just us!"

As if I'm buying that.

But Sumi didn't really wanna argue or make the duke's mood worse because his dads' tantrums are another thing. Sumi sighed recalling all the tantrums he had to deal when he came into this world. Seriously who is the adult in this place? But people said that Louis' tantrums were worst..

Again, the Cliffard had a history of the most horrifying when they have tantrums.

Once again, Sumi found himself being dragged like a ragdoll by his lovely father, who refused to let go of his arm. But before Sumi could step onto the carriage, Byton suddenly looked behind Sumi at Collins. The duke made a disgusted face before waving his hands rudely, 'shooing' Collins away like a fly. The fly just gave a polite smile and bowed, before heading back to the mansion leaving the little one alone with the horrifying demon.

Sumi: ... (Collins, please don't leave!)

Silver hue eyes turned to the smaller boy's figure. Byton let out a big smile when facing his favorite son. "Now that the nuisance is gone, shall we continue our date- i mean father and son bonding time?~" Sumi narrowed his eyes at the older male, silently judging him, his lips pursed. He still couldn't believe that Byton is his new dad.

"Father, you truly are a despicable man."

"W-what? My son thinks I'm despicable? No.. Louis, please look at me~ Eh, why aren't you looking? Louis, papa is here~"

No matter what Byton said, Sumi continued to look anywhere but his face. Sumi wore a sour look during the carriage trip. When they finally arrived at their destination, Sumi finally looked out of the window with glittering eyes. His father chuckled arrogantly, his arms crossed.

"Its nice isn't it? This market is priced with high value and only sells stuffs with high premium quality gear."

Nobles really had it easy, huh. This place is basically for nobles only. A place where wealthy merchants would try to sell their latest product. It had only amused Sumi for 10 seconds before Sumi sat back down with his usual, old emotionless eyes (as if he's a wise old man) that shows that this world is just a predictable thing.

"H-huh? Louis? Aren't you happy? You used to love this place so much back then? Want some new jewelry?"

Can we get this over with and go home? Byton never really lets Sumi eat lots of sweets, so Byton had immediately came to the bottom of Sumi's people list. The list consist of his favorite people and people he doesn't really like is at the bottom part ;

1. Mom
2. Dad
3. Bestfriend no.1
4. Bestfriend no. 2
5. Collins
6. The cotton candy maker guy (the one that Sumi always visits when he goes to the amusement park)
7. George
8. Byton

Yes, the list is quite short. But in Sumi's short life, he barely had any interactions with other people, which made him socially awkward. But because Sumi is a genius, communicating for him is probably easy. He's not afraid to try new things, unlike other people in his world.

Because the duke was here with his favorite child, lots of eyes were on the duo. But Sumi was already used to the attention back in his world, so it does not really bother him.

If Sumi is uncomfortable, then he would be blunt and say it. He would literally say that your a bitch if he thinks you are. Basically, because of Sumi's lack of communication with other people, he doesn't now how to care about the feelings other people. That is probably why in this world, Byton had a lot of imaginary heart-broken arrows stabbed in his chest.

"Father, what's that?"

Sumi pointed at the creepy looking shop that looks like a haunted house from his old world. Byton subtly frowned when Sumi addressed him as father before looking at the place his son pointed. "Oh, that? Rumor has it that its haunted. Its already abandoned." He explained, casually rubbing his hand on Sumi's slender back.

Sumi shivered, his face turning pale, but apparently Byton thought it was because of the abandoned stall. "Ah, I'm sorry, darling. What i said must've scared you. I'll make it up with some new clothes, how about that?" No, I'm scared of you. But to Sumi, more clothes only meant more of his precious time that needs to be spent taking care of the old man.

"Lets get you some new clothes shall we?" His father said, with an innocent smile.

They continued trying on different clothes for hours and for Sumi, it was hell. When the worker held up 2 outfits for Byton to choose, he would always say to get them both, which is a waste of money in Sumi's opinion. Sumi didn't really have a say in anything though. He endured all those hours of torture, getting dressed like a doll. But according to Byton, it was still not enough and Sumi was at his limits. His right leg is aching really bad, despite taking breaks every once in a while.

What Sumi had found out is, Louis' leg had been because of an accident. But it made him wonder what kind of accident Louis had when he was younger to suffer an injury like this. So of course, naturally, because this is a world of magic, Sumi had also suspected Louis' right leg to be cursed. But of course, he was still not sure.

"Are we done yet?" Sumi impatiently asked. Much to his dismay, his father shook his head before turning his attention to the jewelry again.

Back in Sumi's world, Sumi never had lots of interactions with other humans. But he did talk to his family a lot. This tactic is really dangerous though. And he cant believe it that he had to use it in this world. Yes, Sumi is gonna throw a tantrum. He's done this a lot back with his old family, and it worked, literally all the time, so it wont be different this time.

Basically, when Sumi was just five-years-old, Sumi was already a prodigy at acting.

Sumi doesn't show lots of emotions, except from some occasional smiles here and there. But he can make emotions appear on the surface. Its not that hard, for people like him.

He gathered tears in his eyes and purposely let out a small whine out of his lips. Sumi gritted his teeth and let the tears run down. Soon, all Byton's attention went on Sumi as he tried to coax him tp stop crying.

Byton sighed silently and picked Sumi up, rubbing his hand on Sumi's back. "There, there.. We're going back home now, so don't cry alright?" Sumi dug his head into his fathers' chest. To many, it looks like Sumi is upset and crying. But when no ones looking, Sumi let out an amused smile. He already knew that this would happen.

Crying is really a dangerous weapon.

After a long ride (for Sumi), because of his fathers' excessive pampering, Sumi is exhausted. He is immediately greeted by the servants, they were bowing to show respect to the duke and Louis.

These days, Sumi felt that the servants doesn't really hate him that much anymore. They got used to the 'please' and 'thank you', and they even greet him in the morning with a small smile. They even indulge on him with some desserts if Sumi is extremely good. Infact, they love their new young master now and would do anything to keep Sumi happy.

"Welcome back, My lord, Young Master." Baleywick formally said, as he held the door of the carriage open.

All Byton did was just nod, his hands still carrying Sumi. The maids and butlers went to the back to take the stuff that Byton bought (which was ALOT). All Sumi was doing was waiting until his father let him down. Once he saw his butler, he wiggled out of his fathers' arms and went to the butler, making Byton frown at this action. Collins let out an amused smile as he let Sumi catch up to him.

Sumi tugged on Collins sleeve as he looked up to the taller male with glittering eyes.

"Collins, what's for dessert?"

Collins smiled once more as he looked back down at his new young master. It amused Collins to see Louis act more like a child. It gave Collins the opportunity to serve his master more. To make his master happy, makes him happy.

"Young Master, today we're having chocolate pudding for dessert."

Sumi could feel drool down his face as he dragged Collins inside the manor, completely forgetting about the sulking Byton. Sumi's eyes had sparkles as he is determined to get the the dining room.

It's great to be back home.

Sumi sullen a little bit. Can he even call this place home? Its like he doesn't want to admit that he's in a game. So basically, Sumi's life is a game right now. That's not funny. Its horrifying to know when your gonna die and knowing you cant do anything about it. Its.. not funny.

Sumi subconsciously stopped walking to think, his grip on Collins sleeve loosened.

Home? This place is not home.

Collins sighed and picked his young master up. "Young master, please do not doze around in the middle of the halls." Collins scolded Sumi, bringing him back into reality.

Yeah.. No matter what, no matter how much he doesn't want to admit it, Sumi is in a different world.

Sumi knows it. But it doesn't mean he accepts it.

Yayyyy i finally got this part done.

So basically, a quick info on everyones personality, their habbits, professionalism, and likings;

Suna Katsumi is a genius prodigy who is doted by his parents. By a young age, he could already do many things and manipulate other people into doing what he wants. This little guy loves playing chess, and is extremely good at it. Growing up, he doesnt have many interactions with lots of humans. Its because he viewed them as dumb monkeys. Has an obssession with sweets, and hates vegetables or any healthy stuff.

Louis cliffard is a spoiled brat. But deep inside, he cares about other people (maybe). Its just his ego and pride is too big to admit. Because of this, he strays from socializing with other people (and only really talks to the ones hes familiar with). This causes George and Louis' brothership to deteriorate. Louis' tantrums were so big that their neighbours had to come to the manor and personally beg Byton to calm Louis down. Hates sour food but does not show it. He is a canon fodder whos fated to die by the hands of the lovely heroine.

Collins wright is formally a slave and now is a servant to Louis cliffard. Collins love Louis. Hes now brainwashed to only serve Louis. Because it feels like louis had saved him from hell itself. He loves his young master and books. Collins wright is actually pretty good with magic. Hes very powerful, but no one knows.

George Cliffard has an inferiority complex towards Louis which later changed to a brother complex (cuz of Sumi lol). He never spoke to Louis hoping that Louis would speak to him first. This is because George did not see himself at Louis' level. George is shy and strict, but inside hes very warm and after a while if hes comfortable, he'll become less shy and more talkative. A good friend to talk to and hang out in private, but strict and commanding in public. He likes Louis and his father (even though they dont like him back), and he is best friends with the crown prince. He is one of the capture target.

The crown prince information wont be explained until his appearance.

Byton Cliffard is only sweet to his wife and Louis. If Louis is not in the room, Byton became untouchable and cold. Byton loves to pamper Louis. His right-hand-man is Baleywick. He basically has a double personality. He is in good relations with the royal family, and is extremely powerful ice magic. He is the only one who can calm down Louis from his terrifying tantrums. He only loves his wife and Louis.

Thats ittt~~ I hope you guys are enjoying this story so far!~~ ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 6.6K 22
A young boy is seen crossing the street when suddenly the infamous truck-sama strikes again! Sike! you thought! truck-sama missed this once but eithe...
22.9K 756 15
→𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐥 𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐱 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐜/𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 "How horrible", he chastised, but it's obvious he's satisfied with the subtle lifting of t...
592K 25.1K 30
Yukie Aisawa is a one-in-a-lifetime prodigy. Blessed with intelligence and looks. He was left by his parent at the age of 9, leaving him to go to an...
2.2K 205 36
"HeiLi, you will be dispatched for another mission" Hearing that, Xiao Tian immediately leaped off the window, and into the darkness of the night. He...