Awkward (Narry)

By hotteas

✔️ Niall secretly reads fan fiction, Harry secretly writes it, and Louis has an affinity for blue dresses. [F... More

o.
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
epilogue.

xxii.

19.5K 1.1K 1.1K
By hotteas

"Are we seriously doing this?" Harry asks, holding up the door for Nick, Liam, Luke, and me to walk through.

"Yes." Nick and I say simultaneously, causing a laugh to erupt from Liam and Luke.

"Well, now that we have that settled." Harry mumbles as I walk passed him.

"As long we don't get caught, we'll be fine." I wait by the door for him to close it.

"Who does something like this?"

"Us, apparently."

"This is morbid as fuck." Harry states.

Smiling widely, I hold up the silver locket I had bummed from Louis' jewelry collection when Nick and I were packing. "Where should we put them, boys?"

"I'll go chat up the workers so you guys don't get caught." Luke offers quietly, and Liam raises his hand.

"I'm not one for hiding his friend's fucking ashes in goddamn Dolce & Gabbana. So, I'll help Luke." He claps his hand against Luke's, and they both saunter over to the counter, where three women are chatting over a magazine of sorts.

"Well, that gets rid of the buffoons." Nick smirks.

"Guys, why are we doing this?" Harry asks. "This is wrong on so many levels."

"You don't have to help us." I quirk an eyebrow, wrapping the chain around one of my fingers. "You can go chat up with Luke and Liam."

Harry looks put out for a moment, but he catches himself. "No, no that's fine."

There's a girly laugh from the other side of the room, and I smile because Liam and Luke already have at least one of those girls under their thumbs. Nick and I start walking further into the store, pretending to look at the clothing on the walls. He points to one of the bags. "Lou would love that."

I look at the purple purse that caught Grimmy's eye. Nodding, I pick it up with one hand. "He would. I think he might have ordered it a few weeks ago, actually."

"Is his mom using all of his bags?" Harry asks, sidling up to us.

"His mom and his sisters. His clothes won't fit any of them, though." I say. "I think those are going to cousins."

"I'm sure they'll love all the new clothes."

"Lou had fabulous taste; of course they'll love them." I roll my eyes and focus back on the task at hand. "We have to figure out where to put this."

Harry points to the center of the store, where a few mannequins are set up with new arrivals on them. "We could put the necklace on one of the mannequins?"

Nick and I consider the option for a moment before Nick speaks. "We could."

"We're seriously doing this." Harry says, trying to process what's happening.

"It's his favorite store." I shrug. "Where else are we supposed to put him?"

"Most people choose water or grass, or something not a designer store."

"Well," I take a breath. "Louis Tomlinson wasn't most people, was he?"

"Besides," Grimmy chimes in. "His parent's took him to England's Edge."

"Oh, right. Right." Harry nods. "He's all over the world, I forgot you explained that."

"Right." I nod. "So, our job is to put him in DG."

"But what happens when they change the mannequins?"

"Harry Styles, quit ruining the fucking sentiment." I glare at him, holding out the locket. "For that, you're going to get it up there."

"What? Me?"

"Now, my memory isn't always the best, but I'm pretty sure that's what I just said."

Harry gives me a look, snatching the chain and walking toward the mannequins. I look over at Liam and Luke, who are still engaging the girls in conversation. Luke's taken the magazine and began flipping through it with one of them, pointing at pages and making the girl laugh. Liam has the other two locked in what appears to be a very interesting conversation. Either that, or those girls are thirsty af.

I focus my attention back on Harry, who has found his way to the fake bodies. The one beside Harry comes up to nearly his height and dons a black dress with gaudy, gold crystal necklace. The sunglasses on her head match the other accessories. Nick and I watch as Harry takes the locket and with shaky hands, undoes the latch and puts it on the mannequin as though it's an actual girl. Nick elbows me quickly, and I notice that one of the workers has left Liam, and is making her way over to Harry. Nick and I quickly turn our backs to the scene about to unfold, pretending to be interested in the bags on the shelves.

"Excuse me, sir. What are you doing?" The lady asks Harry, and I flinch for him. I hear him give a small yelp, and I hold my breath. There's a few seconds of complete silence before I hear it. The sound of death-

The sound of plastic, crystals, and fabric hitting the floor.

I don't have to turn around to know the worst has happened, but I turn around anyway. The worker seems to be doing breathing exercises, and Harry is frozen in fear. Liam, Luke, and the other workers are staring at the scene, and I'm not sure who's going to move first.

"I am so- I'm so- Sorry! God, I'm- Sorry, sorry, so sorry. I jus- Oh my God, I'm so terribly sorry!" Harry stumbles over his words, much like the way he stumbled into the mannequin.

"The sunglasses are $215.97, and the jewels are $16,977.97." The woman's smile is taunt, and it's all I can do not to cry.

"$17,000 for one necklace?" Harry asks in disbelief.

"No," the woman blinks. "$16.977.97 for one necklace."

"Okay," Harry mumbles, bending down to fix the mannequin. The worker stands there, waiting for him to pick up the plastic doll. She picks of the pieces of the necklace and sunglasses. Nick and I walk toward the pair slowly, making sure we don't get saddled with another outrageous fine.

"Did you see what he did?" Nick whispers to me, and I shake my head. "He jumped, like, five feet when that lady talked to him. He didn't notice her walking up. It would have been hilarious if he didn't have to pay seventeen grand for something he won't even be able to use."

"No, it's definitely still funny." I whisper back, and Grimmy covers his mouth to hide a laugh.

Liam and Luke are incredulous about what they just witnessed. Anyone would be. Why on earth Nick thought it was a good idea to have the clumsiest of the group mess with a Dolce & Gabbana mannequin is beyond me. I voice that opinion to Nick.

He scoffs. "Niall, you told him to. Don't pass the blame off on me."

"I will pass the blame of onto you." I look at him. "Trust fund baby."

Grimmy flicks my ear just as we reach the counter. Liam nudges me, and gives me his signature What The Hell Look. I shrug and look back at the workers who now appear mad as fuck with us.

"After tax, your total is $18,677.12." The brunette states, waiting for Harry to either hand over money or a card. Harry begrudgingly hands over his card, and for a split second I consider stopping him and paying for it myself. Then I remember it's his clumsy fault anyway. So, no. He's going to pay.

"My mom is going to kill me." Harry is in a state of semi-distress, running a hand through his hair.

The saleswoman glances at him, and I see a hint of an eye roll. "If it makes you feel better, I want to kill you over and over again. At least she'll only kill you once."

Harry looks at her. "Uh, okay."

Luke has gone back to flipping through the look book, but the other brunette catches him, and takes it from his hands. "Wouldn't want you boys to break this too. Can't steal your entire community college fund."

At that I'm starting to wish I could punch her in the face. But I don't need to be banned from yet another store. "Do you really think we would be in here if we couldn't afford it?"

The lady who took the book from Luke just smiles. "Sometimes window shopping just isn't enough for the less fortunate."

"My mom is the Chief Financial Advisor for Sony BMG, and my dad is about to take over as the CEO of Apple. Please take your snotty remarks back to your studio apartment, and cry over it with the four roommates you need to keep your electricity on." Harry snaps, and I bite my lips on a huge grin.

"You're one of the Styles?" She asks, incredulously.

"Can you just ring up my purchases, please? I'm not the biggest fan of you or this store right now."

"Just because one of you has money and the rest mooch, that doesn't mean we're going to bend over backwards for you." The bottle blonde who hasn't said anything until now pipes up.

"My dad is on his third world tour right now." Luke deadpans. "I think that the son of Nights' lead guitarist can afford his own clothes."

"My dad gave Angelina Jolie her new breasts." Liam chimes in, and I figure it's my turn.

"Parents are big named doctors."

Grimmy looks away from us boys and to the ladies blushing behind the counter. "I'm just a trust fund baby."

Harry is given back his card with a shaky, probably anorexic hand. He says thank you, and we all turn to leave. The saleswomen don't say anything more as we walk out the big doors. The minute we're back on the sidewalk, we all burst into laughter.

"They were so uncomfortable."

"They were so bitchy."

"How is that store Louis' favorite? No hospitality."

"Speaking of Louis," I interrupt the revelry. "Did you get that locket on the mannequin?"

Harry smiles widely. "I did. When I picked the doll back up, it wasn't opened or broken, so I would say that's a success for this mission."

"This very, very costly mission." Grimmy says.

"How much was it?" Liam asks. "Didn't catch the price, because I was talking to Luke."

"18,000 something."

Liam's eyes pop out of his head. "Holy fucking shit."

"Dolce & Gabbana, everyone." I motion to the store that's far behind us now as we walk toward our car.

"Jesus Christ," Liam continues. "Even after he's dead, Louis is still so fucking expensive."

We all laugh. "To Louis?" I ask.

Harry grabs ahold of my hand, and squeezes it gently. "To Louis."

• • •

TYPE YOUR MESSAGE TO STYLEOFWONDER HERE: "omf harry ur amazing I luv u so much lyk lipstcik boy slayed my life hav my babies

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder replied to your message!
"Niall.

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "I luuuuvveeee you soooooo much ur my idol okay? you're the best!!!1!1!1!1!!111!!!!

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder replied to your message!
"Niall.

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "if I culd hav the sex Sam and Jax have in lipstick boy with U my life would be kawaii

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder replied to your message!
"Niall.

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "I dream about lipstick boy dirty dreams hary ur my luv pls hav my babiezzz we culd name them chad and fred

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder replied to your message!
"Niall.

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "pleeessaaaaaaajeieeiepalwoquepwuepqowuwpqie

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder replied to your message!
"you're obsessed

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "once you go harry you never go back

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder replied to your message!
"did you have fun tonight?

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "not as much fun as I'll have once we put our phones down ;)

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder replied to your message!
"oh scandalous

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "I learned from the best

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder replied to your message!
"your mom?

• • •

"Really, Harry?" I roll over and look at him incredulously.

"What?"

"A your mom joke?"

"So?"

"You're so lame. That's the best you could do?"

"Well, you were occupied so I had to do the next best thing." He grins proudly at that quick thinking, and I drop my phone in laughter.

"Did you just?"

"I did just."

I look at him with a shameless grin. "I love you for just."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 312 21
Harry writes to his Diary. Niall writes to Harry. They love each other. But don't know it yet because they're just friends. Narry Storan book? I...
80 1 14
One Direction Fanfic.
2.1K 171 28
A Harry Styles Fan-fiction. Click the Start Reading button and read about Harry and Rydel's adventure. (:
4.7K 80 16
A fanfic about Harry Styles of One Direction. Harry and his family move to a new town in order to try and have a break from the fans that crowd their...