La Douleur Exquise

By fredo0kay

La Douleur Exquise (French): The heart-wrenching pain of wanting someone you can’t have. ... More

The peak.

The beginning of the End.

26 0 0
By fredo0kay

Now///

I hate this. I hate feeling this emptiness in my heart, especially when it was never full to begin with.

I hated that I hated him but then I hated that I didn't hate him.

He unknowingly broke my heart, even though it was my fault. I did it to myself but I like to pin the blame on him so I have a reason to be upset, with him and with myself.

And I hate that every time I walk in the room I have to see him there acting like nothing happened, which I guess to him, it didn't. But to me, everything is falling apart.

I avoid looking at him as much as possible but it's a hard habit to break and I'm only making things worse, pretending that it'll get better. Whenever I see him now, my heart doesn't do the usual skip thing it used to do, I don't feel that fuzzy feeling whenever we make eye contact. All I feel now is sadness and regret. It's ruined him for me. But still, I keep looking at him hoping maybe the feelings will change. But they don't and they probably never will. Habit is a great deadener.

I stopped eating for a week. He won't know that. I didn't completely starve myself, I ate the bare minimum. My stomach felt so weird every time I saw him I thought I was going to be sick. My friends all though I was just ill. Maybe I was. Maybe I was ill with heartbreak. My impromptu no eating diet didn't last long sadly. The week after was worse. I ate everything and anything; except cheese, I still hated cheese.
I bought myself chocolate; the big bars. I got ice cream too and pizza. I got just about every junk food there was to try and eat away the pain but that didn't work. It only made me feel worse and bloated.

I also cried a lot. I still cry. In fact, crying has become so common that it's a constant thing now. It's strange for me not to cry at least once a day. I'm convinced I'm going to run out of tears at this rate. I feel guilty for crying. For wasting my tears on something so stupid that will hopefully one day seem so irrelevant and minuscule I'll laugh about how stupid I was. I feel guilty for crying over him when he probably doesn't even care, about the situation or me. I also feel guilty for spilling these buckets of tears when there's droughts occurring over the world and I'm wasting them on him.

What happened ruined me, as much as I hate to admit. It shouldn't have. I was always told I didn't need a boy to define me, to make me happy or care for me. I could that all myself but I didn't want to. I wanted him but he didn't want me.

And now I'm broken. And I'm falling to pieces.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...