Alpha Black | Pacific Rim | E...

By sukunasxvessel

The life of a single pilot, Maki "Danger" Collins. It's a crazy one. More

Intro
Simulation
Training
Knifehead
Reunion
Beginning of the End

P.P.D.C

1.8K 26 6
By sukunasxvessel

Pan Pacific Defence Corpse

+++

Warnings: Year 2027

"He was bigger than all the rest. Even bigger than Cherno, and Cherno is the largest jaeger here, or so I thought."

+++

Today is my first day at the Moyulan Shatterdome. This place is were the best pilots work. Raleigh Becket, Mako Mori, Herc Hansen, you name it! Any big time pilot works here, and I just so happen to become one of them. When the war reached its first peak, they had high schoolers take these tests. They were digital and they worked our minds. Of course, they were completely different from regular tests and finals. It was a whole day worth test. It was and is indescribable. I can't even describe it to someone without it not being accurate.

I remember after freshman year, I got a notice that I could become a pilot for the P.P.D.C. Of course it was optional, but coming from a girl who grew up knowing the Beckets, this was an honor and a must. Of course my parents were against it at first. They didn't want their daughter to die off in a war against 60 meter monsters. However when they found out that if I said yes, I was to be the first and possibly only single pilot who would have no side effects? Not entirely sure how they figured that out, but we're going along with it. Anyways, they accepted it. But the downside was that I lost many friends. I used to have the biggest group of friends ever! I mean right now I am friends with over 20 people, and that is really big. But I was friends with almost 50 people. Unfortunately, those who left thought negatively about Jaegers. They thought all they do is cause destruction.

Destruction? Yes, but for what cost? It is for the cost of our race to continue living. Everyday those pilots are risking their lives to keep billions of more people alive. That is why I am doing this. I don't want my friends or family to die. I don't want the world I live in to be destroyed by aliens from another universe.

Anyways, the helicopter I am in has been so quiet for the past few hours. It really is just me, my luggage, the pilot, and co pilot. I came from San Francisco in California (Yes I was there when the first Kaiju attacked. We had to evacuate. Reconstruction is almost finished as there are only touch-ups left). Moyulan is on the other side of the world. Yep, pretty far. At least it would be worth it. I get to see Yancy and Raleigh again. Usually family friends would be like our "Aunts" or "Uncles", but to me, they are more like my brothers. Well, Yancy more than Raleigh. Raleigh and I have more of that friendship where we are so close, we act as though we are siblings to each other but we actually don't view each other in that way. It's pretty complicated.

I looked out of the window and saw the shatterdome come into view. After about 15 more minutes, we land. I got out and grabbed my luggage.

"Maki Collins?" A woman's voice asked.

"That is me," I reply while turning around, but not looking up.

"So you are the new single pilot?" A new voice said, this time it was male.

"Yes—" I started as I looked up, but I was met with a blonde I haven't seen in ages.

"Yancy!"

"Hey squirt!" He smiled.

"I'm not a kid no more, old man," I said while hugging him.

"Did Raleigh tell you that name?"

"Maybe. But I would never tell you."

We pulled away. I look towards the woman and see that it was Mako Mori.

"Yancy," I whispered while still staring at Mako in wonder.

"What?"

"It's Mako Mori."

He just laughed, and so did Mako.

"I'm sure we'll get along just fine," Mako said.

We started to head in when Mako stopped us. I looked around and saw all the jaegers.

"Oh my god. It's Striker Eureka. There's Cherno Alpha and Crimson Typhoon. Oh and Saber Athena, Guardian Bravo, Titan Redeemer, Bracer Phoenix, and Gipsy Avenger. Oh my god, it's Gipsy Danger. Yancy, oh my god, I love that jaeger!"

"I know," He chuckled. "When I first led you inside you couldn't stop jumping. You wouldn't even stop fangirling over the fact it's named after you."

"Wait, Gipsy is named after you?" Mako asked.

"Yeah, my nickname growing up was Danger; long story on how I got it," I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Cool. Anyways, you will be piloting Alpha Black." She said while pointing towards a massive black jaeger.

He was bigger than all the rest. Even bigger than Cherno, and Cherno is the largest jaeger here, or so I thought.

"It looks identical to Gipsy Avenger."

"They were made at the exact same time. We thought it would be perfect for you, so we converted it to a single pilot jaeger. It is the strongest, fastest jaeger here."

"When is the test drive?" I ask.

"Next week. You get the simulator for now. Though, I highly doubt you would be bad considering you are top of your class."

"Thanks."

"Let's drop your stuff off at your dorm. Your room is across from Raleigh's and mine. It is also next to Mako's. The Hansens are down the hall." Yancy explained.

+++

"Here is your room. Drop your luggage off, and then we can head to the cafeteria." Yancy said.

"Good cause I am starving," I stated while walking into the room and dropping off my stuff at the bed.

We walked out and headed for the cafeteria. It took about 10 minutes to reach, but it was worth it. Raleigh was right in the middle of Chuck and Herc Hansen.

"Raleigh!" I yelled.

He stopped talking and looked at me confused. When he finally figured out who I was, he was running towards me at full speed. In a flash, I was on the floor with Raleigh hugging me.

"Was the tackle necessary?" I ask him.

"Definitely when it involves you," He replied, face buried into my hair.

"Hey Becket! This your girl?" Herc Hansen asked, walking up to us.

"Oh my god, its Herc Hansen," I stared at him in wonder.

"Who might you be?" Chuck asked me.

"Maki Collins. You can call me Maki though."

"She also goes by Danger, which fun fact, Gipsy is named after her," Yancy piped in.

"You just won't leave me alone now would you old man," I stated.

"Hey you love me and you know it!"

"No, I love your brother," I said playfully.

Truth was I do have a crush on Raleigh, but I wouldn't risk what we have now unless needed.

"How do they know them?" Chuck asked.

"Well, long story short from what I remember is that these two were out celebrating Raleigh's 8th birthday with their parents. And well it was night time. My parents took a trip to Alaska. They were driving on a road when a moose walked into the middle, and my dad had swerved out of the way. They then crashed into them. Luckily, they weren't hurt badly. Neither were my parents, thankfully. However, our car was damaged a lot. It tumbled off the side of the road. After it stopped, they came over. Yancy and his parents got my mom and dad out while Raleigh was calling for help."

"So how did the jaeger come to be named after you?" Mako asked.

"Well when I was born, my parents and the Beckets were already really close friends. Practically family, so they were invited when I was born. They became my family. Always protective. I couldn't even be left alone with a boy without them next to me. Anyways, as my 10th birthday present, they named the jaeger they were piloting after my nickname they gave me." I laughed.

"You never know what could conspire between a boy and a girl," Yancy said.

"I was in elementary school!"

"I agree with Yancy," Raleigh agreed with Yancy.

"After all these years, you side with him?"

"He is my brother."

"These two were inseparable too," Yancy commented.

"Well you were the responsible one. He was the trouble maker. Who do you think a child would want to hang out more with?" I argued.

"She got you good, Yancy!" Chuck laughed. "Hey, what jaeger are you piloting?"

"Alpha Black."

"No way. You're the single pilot!" Raleigh yelled.

"That would be me," I smiled at him.

God he's cute. Ok back it up before you start blushing.

Story time. My crush started out when I was a hormonal teenager. At first I was like, "Oh it's just hormones. It'll pass." I mean come on. He was and literally still is my best friend. In fact, we are so close that best friend isn't even the right term! I don't see him as a brother though. So we aren't close like I am with Yancy. It is something completely different.

Anyways, I'd go to school then come back home and act natural. Repeat. My feelings never went away. It was pretty hard to concentrate, but I made it work. After all, I was already taking Calculus in 6th grade. Guess my brain was built different which is why I'm the first and maybe the only single pilot. My crush on him has never went away. I broke up with my ex 3 months after dating once I saw Raleigh in person again.

Another story. So Thanksgiving. The Beckets were able to make it that year. I was dating my ex at the time. I was a sophomore too. We were at my grandmother's house when the doorbell rang. My dad went to go open it. What I heard next made me freeze.

"Raleigh! Yancy!"

I turned around and saw both of them for the first time in 4 years. I couldn't even create a simple sentence when I saw Raleigh. I'm pretty sure I didn't even know my own name. My ex must have noticed because we barely talked after that. Plus I was mostly with the Beckets. A couple of weeks later we broke up. Great decision because he cheated.

"Alright guys. I came here for food. Now move cause ya never want to mess with a hungry girl."

"I can vouch for that. She bit me once." Yancy said.

Everyone laughed.

"I was five!" I called out while walking away.

+++

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 4.8K 65
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
99.1K 4.1K 49
β₯β₯β₯ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ, π•Žπ• π•Ÿ'π•₯ π•žπ•–π•’π•Ÿ π•’π•Ÿπ•ͺπ•₯π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ...
393K 23.8K 83
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1.2M 54.5K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC