Avengers One-Shots

By mimita1211

A compilation of one-shots, mainly focusing on Steve Rogers, (like seriously warning you in advance) includin... More

Friends Don't Dance Like This [Steve Rogers]
Small, Like Me [Steve Rogers]
Never-Ending Loneliness [Steve Rogers]
Just Like Your Mother [Romanogers x daughter!reader]
Not Your Happy Ending [Quentin Beck]
Iced Coffee and Sleeping Arrangements [Steve Rogers]
Different Kind of Christmas [Bucky Barnes]
Lift Up Your Shield [Steve Rogers]
His Four Girls [Steve Rogers]
Supersoldiers and Pooh Bear [Big Brother Steve & Bucky]
Do You Trust Me? [Steve Rogers]
Not Without a Fight [Bucky Barnes]
The Most Boring People in the Galaxy [Steve Rogers]
Not a Perfect Princess [Steve Rogers]
Tomato Soup Sundays [Steve Rogers]
Mr. & Mrs. Barnes [Bucky Barnes]
Tulips & Violets [Steve Rogers]
Private Story Predicament [Peter Parker]
Knit Sweaters & Cigarettes [Steve Rogers]
Clobbered [Steve Rogers]
June 11th, 1953 [Steve Rogers]
Smooth Talker [Sam Wilson]
El & Chou Chou [Helmut Zemo]
Purpose [sister!Wanda Maximoff]
Blame [Helmut Zemo]
Say it Back [Bucky Barnes]
Daddy Doesn't Pray Anymore [Steve Rogers]
When the Stars Come Out [Wanda Maximoff]
Gut Feeling [Sam Wilson]
Second-Hand Resenment and Second-Hand Smoke [Steve Rogers]
Cursed [Helmut Zemo]
Starting Over [Sam Wilson]

Quit Your Stuttering [Peter Parker]

759 19 2
By mimita1211

Words: 1950

Previously titled: Imagine finding out Peter was Spiderman

WARNINGS: none

A/N: Okay I know the previous title is cRaP, but this is my first Peter thing on here and oh my God I love how it turned out after editing! (It went from like 600 words to almost 2000 so I think I added some good substance to it haha)

--

The lunch bell rang and you quickly made your way to the cafeteria. Your friends had decided to go on an exchange trip without you so you were left alone at lunch, but being the sociable person you were you made your way towards one of your other friends MJ and her people aka Peter and Ned.

"Hello," you said and put yourself in-between Peter and Ned.

"Uh-what-who-oh-hi (Y/N), you-uh-you-you look nice today." Peter stuttered.

"Quit your stuttering Peter," MJ said. "(Y/N) what brings you here?"

"Linda, Aaminah and Aisha are all on an exchange trip in England I have no one to sit with."

"You're more than welcome to sit with us until they get back," Ned commented.

"Thanks, Ned. So, how have you all been?" you asked.

"Peter was just telling us about the internship he has at Stark Industries."

"Oh wow, Peter that must be really cool!" you grinned. "Do you get to see Mr. Stark or do you work in one of the more general departments."

"No, I've met Mr. Stark a few times," Peter nodded. "He's a nice guy, helped me with my homework once."

"Oh, that's so sweet," you said. "I don't suppose you've run into any other superheroes," you joked, nudging him lightly, causing him to blush. 

"I met Captain America too," he said. "Before the whole wanted fugitive thing," he added.

"Really?" Ned asked. "What did he say?"

"Nothing much, just asked me where I was from, told him Queens and he said, Brooklyn. Doesn't seem like that bad of a guy if you ask me."

He very plainly decided to leave out the fact that all this happened under very tight circumstances and he may or may not have been trying to hold up a jet bridge by himself.

"Well if you meet anymore you know who wants to hear about it. Plus your stories are cool," you noted and picked at your food, popping some tomatoes from a salad in your mouth. Peter smiled and his cheeks tinted pink and the rest of lunch went on as per usual and you enjoyed the refreshing breeze of spending time with a new crowd. There wasn't anything special that really happened for the rest of the school day, but when you were on your way home, that was a different story.

The walk home was for the most part the same until you took your regular shortcut, cutting through an alleyway to get to the apartment building you lived in with your dad. You didn't see, but someone managed to sneak behind you and grabbed your purse from your arm, causing you to fall back from the sheer force of the pull.

"Hey!" you yelled and got up, running after the man. You caught up to him and pulled his arm back so he was facing you but he wrested his way out of your grip, but when he turned he was met by someone who all criminals in Queens were familiar with...Spiderman.

"You've got a choice to make," he said. "One, you can give the nice lady back her purse or two, you can go through me." The thief tried to run for it not before the mysterious vigilante in red tied him down with a sticky web-like substance and called the police through some sort of fancy AI in his suit. Just like Iron Man, you thought.

"Here's your purse," he said and handed it to you. Your jaw had dropped, somewhat in awe and another part in shock. Seemed like Peter wouldn't be the only one with a story. He was turning to leave and swing off in the distance like he always did, but you finally snapped out of your daze and called,

"Wait!"

He turned to look back at you, and even though you couldn't see his eyes there was a softness to his stance like he knew you. Or maybe you were a friend.

"T-Thanks," you stuttered.

"Anytime," he said and before you knew it he had disappeared behind the buildings. You eagerly awaited the next day where you'd be able to tell your tablemates, but for now, you had to find a way to explain to your father why you were late and that was found to be one hell of a conversation.

--

"So Spiderman saved you?"

"Well more like my money," you explained. "The guy wasn't after me, but still when I got to look at him up close he just came off as so...so young." you frowned

"How old do you think he is?" Peter spoke up after being quiet for a while.

"Not much older than us if not the same age. It's kind of weird, the youngest superhero or inhuman I've heard of were the Maximoff twins, but they're in their twenties. I don't think I could be a superhero that young."

"Yeah," MJ nodded. "Seems like a lot of responsibility."

Peter shrugged it off and started to eat his food, "Eh, he's probably twenty or something."

"Yeah maybe." you nodded and lunch continued on.

--

"Hey Pete, want to pair up for the lab?" you asked coming to sit next to him.

"Y-Y-Yeah, s-sure." he nodded, quickly shutting the drawer he was looking in.

You gave him a kind smile and pulled out the pre-lab, taking a look at the materials you would need and evenly dividing the tasks.

The lab was a simple one, just for review, the goal was to try and separate three ions that were in a mixed solution using different reagents that would help form precipitation.

"So, you doing anything after school?" you asked while you were mixing two of the substances and filtering them.

"U-Uh I got a little something to do after school," he shrugged, "But nothing for later today."

"Well you should come by my place if you want," you suggested. "I invited MJ and Ned over to watch A New Hope,"

"Wait you like Star Wars?" Peter looked up at you with a grin.

"Love it," you smiled. "Been obsessed since the seventh grade."

"Huh," he smiled, "Well count me in, I'd like that."

"Sweet, I guess I'll see you later tonight too then."

"Yeah, I guess you will."

--

"Peter! You made it," you smiled and hugged your friend at the door. He carefully wrapped his arms around you too and felt safe in your embrace.

After letting him go you pulled Peter into the small apartment and introduced him to your dad.

"Peter this is my dad, dad this is my friend Peter from school."

"Nice to meet you kid," your dad smiled and shook Peter's hand. "You guys have fun I've got to head off to work. No shenanigans (Y/N) okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I know dad." you chuckled and pressed a quick kiss to his cheek as he headed out the door. "Okay, who's ready for a movie?"

All three of your friends raised their hands and you nodded, quickly going to the kitchen to grab some popcorn and drinks before starting up the TV.

"You've got a nice TV (Y/N), always better to watch Star Wars on the big screen."

"I completely agree. Dad and I saved up to get this as a joint Christmas present to each other. We're big movie fans." you explained sitting down on the couch next to MJ and Peter.

Grabbing the remote you turned on the TV and clicked on the file with the movie, the familiar tune playing loudly on the speakers as the yellow rolling words came up on the black background.

As the movie continued Peter noticed how well you knew the lines, very obviously mouthing them under your breath causing him to smile and even pipe up with some of his own Star Wars knowledge as you exchanged the banter along with the characters.

Since you had all seen it many times no one was really bothered, but it was a fun night in and you couldn't remember ever having a chance to show this to your other friends. You made a mental note to yourself to invite them over to watch the rest of the original six movies together. It would be pretty easy to get used to nights like these.

--

A few days later, you found yourself walking home from school again when your bag this time, seemed to be pulled off your back.

"Again?" you called in frustration. "Queens I thought you were better than this!" you exclaimed, running after the man who now effectively had all your homework and your laptop, which at this point was irreplaceable. "Hey! Stop! Unless you want to do my chemistry homework that bag won't help you!"

The man didn't stop running until again, for a second time, you came face to face with Spiderman and so did the man who was trying to steal your bag.

"Come on you again, I thought I dealt with you last weekend."

Spiderman shook his head and shrugged.

"Look you heard the girl, do you want to do her Chemistry homework or not?" he asked.

The thief, deciding he didn't want to deal with the vigilante again threw him the backpack and sent a grunt of apology to you before running off.

The man in red came and handed you your bag and you gave him a thankful smile.

"Thanks again," you sighed. "My laptop's in here and all my photos are on that. I don't know what I'd do if I lost that picture of Peter being an absolute dork in the band room."

You could have sworn you saw his face light up with a kind of joyous surprise, but the mask was good at covering his emotions.

"It's not a problem," he said. "I-I guess I might see you around."

"Yeah, but to be perfectly honest, no offence, but I hope not." you chuckled.

"It's okay, none taken," he assured and waved as he jumped up onto the low roof of the buildings and ran off once again into the distance.

--

You were walking again back home from school, about a month after the second incident so you decided to take the more public route in hopes of avoiding that same fate only taking you to another conflict while someone robbed a store and as if right on time Spiderman came into view.

He had managed to apprehend one of the criminals while the other one was getting away, but when he ran in front of you he couldn't get away because you planted yourself firmly on the ground and clocked him straight in the face. Spiderman came up to you and said,

"Thanks."

"It's the least I could do, you've got me out of a few tight squeezes." you smiled with a shrug.

"It's no problem. But I've got to go-."

"Wait!" you called before he left. "Who are you?" you asked, looking at him with confusion. This was definitely not your first run-in with him and you would be lying if you weren't curious even if you did have a sneaking suspicion of who it was. He was the only superhero you'd met that still had an identity he wanted to hide. 

"Uh-what-who-oh you-uh-you-you-." he stuttered and you chuckled and stepped a bit closer to him. You lifted your hand to his mask and he inched away.

"Hey," you said calmly. "Just the bottom part?"

"S-Sure." he nodded hesitantly while you lifted the mask only enough for you to see the bottom half of his face.

"I knew it." you smiled, "I'd recognize that stutter anywhere,"

"Knew what?"

You didn't say a word you just leaned forward and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"I'll see you later...Peter." and with that quiet remark you walked away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

719K 10.9K 69
A lot of imagines with the avengers, Reader x character, an tiny bit of smut, some are character x character. I'm not the best writer guys but I'm do...
18.1K 397 35
This is a book to put all of my random Marvel ideas, hahaha. It consists of one shots with your favorite characters. They can be Reader X character...
22.2K 304 26
one shots with all your favorite marvel characters. 𑁍 π“Έπ“ˆ’ 𓂃 taking requests ? [ βœ”οΈ ] - yes ! [ ] - no ; please wait until further notice ! ...
26.6K 255 82
Book of Marvel character and actor Imagines and One Shots. Enjoy!!! Mainly fluff and slight smut. Warnings will be in the beginning of the chapters...