π“ˆπ‘’π’Έπ‘œπ“ƒπ’Ή 𝒸𝒽𝒢𝓃𝒸𝑒 | T...

By cutesight

"πΉπ‘œπ“‡ π“Žπ‘œπ“Š, 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π“ƒπ“Šπ“‚π’·π‘’π“‡ π“‰π“Œπ‘œ." - - - - Life seemed perfect. You are happily in... More

Dumbass
Painful truth
I don't understand
Go talk to him
Let's start from the beginning
Thank you, Kageyama
You're first
You're their friend
One sided
Enraged and worried
You're welcome
Surprise and jealousy?
Kageyama is a fool
You're a good guy
Roommates
Her secret
Closure
Soften up
Do you not want to?
Payback
Petty
For you, I'm willing to be second
He's cute
We're dating
Your first argument
He's in deep
Do you love Kageyama?
Another secret
Quick is who I am.

I'm done hiding

5K 257 201
By cutesight

"Ta-da~" Suga comes back with a tray of two beautifully colored ombre soda drinks and a strawberry shortcake to split. You clap your hands in excitement when you see how much more beautiful everything looks in person.

"Those pictures didn't do their items any justice." You smile from ear to ear when you stare at the dried flowers floating in your ombre pink soda. Suga's lips curl into a smile when he sees your excitement. He patiently waits for you to take your own photos before he takes a sip of his soda.

"Woah." Suga widens his eyes in surprise when he feels something pop on his tongue. The pop rock candy startled him. You giggle to yourself from his bewildered expression. Suga curiously eyes the glass to see if there are anymore surprises.

A comfortable silence fills the air and Suga is the one to break it after he's finished eyeing his drink. "So, how are things with Kageyama? Are you two getting along?"

Your fingers slowly twirls the metal straw around your glass. You watch the fizz in your soda. "Things are going well. But..." You purse your lips, staring deeply into your soda. Suga rests his elbow on the table, resting his cheek on his palm. He looks at you intently, not interrupting you while you sort out your thoughts.

"Suga." You curtly call out his name, darting your eyes over to him. He looks alarmed from your quick tone. Raising an eyebrow, he silently asks you 'what?'. "How would you get someone to admit they're jealous?"

Suga then furrows his brows at your question. He sits up straight and stares at the flowers that hang above the ceiling. "Hmm..."

"Or maybe I should ask how should I get Kageyama to speak his mind?" You nibble your bottom lip before taking another sip of your soda.

"Is he keeping something from you?" Obviously Suga knows the said 'something'. But it's not his place to tell Y/L/N about Kageyama's feelings for her.

She sighs and leans back in her seat. Her finger twirls around the tips of her hair and she shrugs. "He had a nightmare and he called out to me in his sleep. I was curious to know more about his dream but he wouldn't say anything. And then he got snappy at me for dressing up for you."

"Wait, wait, wait. Back up a bit. You said he called out to you in his sleep? Were you two sleeping toge-" Suga is too shy to finish up his sentence, his face red as a tomato. You realize your words are full of holes without context and obviously Suga's reaction is to be expected. Groaning at your idiocy, you explain everything leading up to how Kageyama stayed by your side last night.

Suga chuckles wholeheartedly after your explanation. "Daichi would love to hear this story. I'll have to make sure I tell him the next time I see him."

Puffing out your cheeks, you roll your eyes. "Next time I see Daichi..." You grumble.

"Anyway, so you tried asking Kageyama about his nightmare and he loosely told you a half hearted answer? And he's also jealous you dressed up for me?" Suga clarifies your words and you nod. Hearing Suga say this aloud makes your mind stray towards a thought. But you're too afraid to even think much on it.

You feel your heart squeeze in your chest and your palms grow sweaty.

Suga notices Y/L/N's anxious expression. He's quick to pull her mind away. "To answer your question, patience is key. You know how Kageyama is. He's not one to voice out his emotions often. Unless it's an angry emotion." He laughs at the old memories of Kageyama during volleyball games back in Karasuno.

Slowly nodding your head, you calm your swirling thoughts. Not wanting to linger on this conversation any further, you focus on the untouched cake in front of you. Suga notices where you're looking at. He smiles sweetly and slices a piece off, extending the fork towards you.

"This should ease your mind a bit." Suga's warm smile towards you makes you shy when you take a bite of the cake from his fork. He waits for Y/L/N's reaction and it's well worth it when he sees the smile on her face.

Kageyama clenches his hand around his milkshake from the corner of the café. A few lingering eyes stare at him. He's wearing shorts and a plain white tee at an adorable café. He's bound to catch a few curious gazes. But that's the least of his worries.

He envies how easily Suga acts around Y/L/N. If he didn't know any better, he would think the two are on a date. The way he calms her down and easily makes her comfortable is something Kageyama wishes he could do.

But he's the polar opposite.

He lets his anger become his first reaction. Because it's much easier to be angry than to think logically at times.

He realizes how stupid he sounds and groans at his inner thoughts. Being calm and collected is something he needs to work on. Especially if it comes to Y/L/N. Her feelings are delicate as glass and he wants to caress her with a fragile touch. Obviously he's doing the opposite right now.

He feels like an idiot following the two on their hang out.

What has he gotten himself into?

He feels like a creep doing this.

Getting frustrated at himself again, he chugs down the milkshake before leaving the café first. Thankfully he slipped away before the two can notice him.

Or so he thought.

🏐・゚゚・。.

Suga notices a familiar face exiting out of the café. A forlorn expression on Kageyama. He smirks at the thought that Kageyama mustered enough courage to follow the two this far.

"I'll be right back Suga. I need to use the bathroom." Y/L/N excuses herself and he nods his head, watching her leave towards the back of the café. Taking this chance, Suga take out his phone from his pocket and pulls up Kageyama's contact. He dials his number and prays Kageyama will answer right away.

🏐・゚゚・。.

Kageyama feels a vibration in his shorts as he walks towards a crosswalk. Sighing, he reaches into his pocket and answers the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Hey stalker." Suga playfully jokes. Kageyama stiffens, he turns around to look around his surrounding area. "Did you follow Y/L/N and I to the café?"

Feeling embarrassed, Kageyama bites his inner cheek and speaks through clench teeth. "No."

"I'd believe your horrible lie if I didn't just see you slip out of the café just now. Listen, Y/L/N is worried about you. She doesn't like how you're holding your thoughts to yourself. I think it's time Kageyama."

"It's time?" Kageyama mutters more to himself than to Suga.

"Yeah. The time for you to release that pent up love you've carried alone for all these years. I'll lead Y/L/N to the nearest park. You can pretend to bump into us on your jog or whatever you're doing. Make something up. I have to hang up, she's coming back. See you in a bit Kageyama!" Suga ends the call before Kageyama can retort. His heart is beating wildly against his chest as his hand falls to his side.

It's time?

It's time.

🏐・゚゚・。.

"The weathers really nice isn't it?" Suga smiles when he closes his eyes to feel the sunrays on his face. The two of you strolled over to a small park twenty minutes from the café and you settle yourself on a swing. Suga eyes your high heels that rest against the grass. "Your feet aren't hurting are they? I should've rented a bike or something instead of making you walk so far."

Shaking your head and waving your hand in protest, you smile at Suga. "It's okay. I'm used to them by now."

"Oh, that's right. You work part time as a server, right? They should at least let you wear flats instead of heels..." Suga frowns at the thought of your feet hurting. "I swap into a pair of sneakers after my shift. So it's not too painful when I walk home at least." You reassure him, a warmth spreading in your chest from his kind thoughts. The two of you discuss about your job and his for a bit before Suga's attention is pulled away.

You follow his gaze to see Kageyama jogging towards the park you're in.

Has he been jogging all morning? How does he have so much stamina to burn?

"Hey, isn't that Kageyama?" Suga perks up, standing up from his swing. He waves his arm up wildly to get Kageyama's attention. "Kageyama!"

Kageyama's breathing is sharp and his heart feels like it's ready to leap out of his chest with how fast he's been running. He would've been here sooner if he didn't get lost.

Typical.

Raising his shirt up slightly, he wipes his sweat and slowly walks over to the two. Y/L/N remains in her seat, she meets his gaze for a second before casting them to the side. It seems like she's still upset at him for earlier this morning.

"Jogging?" Suga takes charge of the conversation.

"Yeah." Kageyama inhales and exhales sharply. His eyes remain on Y/L/N who avoids him. Suga casts his eyes down to see Y/L/N. She struggles to ignore Kageyama. A strained look on her face forms when she bites down on her bottom lip.

"Why don't you hang out with us? It's a beautiful day out." Suga speaks up again and he catches Y/L/N's widen eyes. She mentally looks terrified at the thought of being with Kageyama right now. She's already struggling to ignore him and now that Suga's offered Kageyama to spend time with them, she's ready to fizzle out.

Suga then pretends to get a call. He raises an eyebrow and reaches into his pocket, raising his phone to his ear. "Hello, Asahi?" He pauses pretending Asahi is speaking. "Wait, wait, wait. Calm down. Just calm down and don't touch the oven. Did you at least use the fire extinguisher?" Suga's acting is convincing when he notices Y/L/N grow worried. "Alright, alright. I'll head over now. Don't do anything stupid!"

Hanging up the call, Suga slides his phone back into his pocket. He looks flustered and worried. "Sorry to end our day short Y/L/N. Asahi burned a cake in the oven. I have to hurry back to his place to help him. Since you're here Kageyama, why don't the two of you spend some time together. I'll call you again to apologize for cutting this so short Y/L/N. See you!" Suga dashes away in a hurry before anyone speaks up.

Asahi burning a cake? Is that the first thought Suga can come up with?

Kageyama holds back the chuckle he wants to release. His eyes settle on Y/L/N who still avoids his gaze. He stands behind her, grabbing hold of the chain of the swing and slowly giving her a push to start the momentum.

You widen your eyes when you feel your swing move forward. Kageyama silently pushes your swing every so often. You can't remember the last time you even played on a swing set.

"Did you enjoy your time with Suga?" Kageyama manages to find his voice, his throat dry.

You hear his tense tone.

Is he nervous to talk to you?

"Yeah. We caught up on a bunch of different things." You answer softly, a small smile on your lips. A silence fills the conversation and you hear Kageyama softly grunt under his breath. You slow your momentum by carefully digging your heels into the grass. You're about to turn around when Kageyama stops you with his words.

"Wait. Don't turn around." His voice is strained and you wonder what kind of expression he's making.

"Are you okay?" You forget about your petty ignorance towards Kageyama. He hangs his head down, closing his eyes and inhaling deeply. You grow anxious from his silence. The air between the two of you have thickened immensely.

"No. I'm not." His husky tone sends a shiver down your spine. Kageyama clenches his hands against the chains of the swing and you feel his body towering behind you. You ache to turn around to look at him but you remain compliant.

He takes another pause before he slowly opens his eyes. There's no going back after he confesses his feelings to Y/L/N. He no longer cares if she doesn't feel the same way. If she does, it's a miracle. And if she doesn't, at least he tried to voice his emotions for once.

"I'm done hiding my emotions Y/L/N." Kageyama strains his voice. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 8.5K 31
Rivals to lovers type beat ;)) You are the new girl transferring to Aoba Johsai. Being a well known setter in the volleyball community, right when yo...
271K 6.3K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
444K 7.8K 31
Braylon Ryder is 15 years old and lives the perfect life. Beautiful, athletic, smart, good grades and lots of friends. Or so everyone thinks. What...
136K 3.1K 22
Life can never be simple, unless you shut everyone out. Everything seems so simple when it was only Chloe and Beca and the Bellas. But things started...