Roommates...

By thegaywoso

Leah and Jordan are roommates at Arsenal while also being like best friends. What will happen after they star... More

Back to training
No good at school
Get up!
It's about to actually start now
I'm fine...
Need to leave for a run
He's gone
Opening up
To camp we go
You're getting snatched?
I don't know why!
Finally we're home!
Bad dream
Historians also said that...
Dripping wet
Reminiscing, new feelings
Celebrations
Please don't leave
Stockton-On-Tees
Winter wonderland
Where's Jordan?
They know?
What about football?
I'm not okay
You're an ass sometimes
We'll get through this together
Good for each other
not gonna suffer anymore
It's just everything
Easy target
Not the final
Running away from the wedding

I don't want this to end

5.2K 61 0
By thegaywoso

(Jordan's pov)

"Come on Jordan!" Lucy shouted at me from the door.

"I'm coming." I shouted back at her as I came out of the bathroom before we both headed downstairs.

We were one of the last people to get on the bus, Lucy sat beside Keira, so I sat beside Leah.

"Goodmorning." She said to me as I sat down.

"Goodmorning." I said before I was interrupted with a loud noise.

"So- Sorry I- I'm late." Toni said, trying to catch her breath.

I let out a small giggle before I was stared down by Toni. "Don't laugh too loud, I think the whole city of Barcelona hates you two now." She said moving her finger between me and Leah.

"Ohhh... What's the tea?" Millie shouted from the back.

"There's no tea." I said which made her sit back in her seat.

"Sure there's not. Why did you guys spend the whole afternoon in Barcelona alone? I mean you guys came back hella late." Toni said.

"Well that wouldn't have happened if any of you would have answered our calls. We went to the beach thinking you guys would be there. But you weren't so we watched the sunset together."

"That doesn't explain why you guys came in dripping wet." Jodie said.

"Well we might have tackled each other into the sea." Leah said, scratching her head.

"Okay girls, that's enough, Toni sit down please." Mark said as he came in through the doors.

I looked over at Leah. "Don't worry about them, they're always this annoying." I told her trying to make her smile.

The bus ride to the pitch wasn't actually that long, it was just about 10 minutes away from where we were staying so by the time I realized we were already parked beside the entrance to the pitch.

I got up and walked through the entrance into a long hallway. I could feel Leah was a bit nervous since she walked quite fast and fidgeted with anything and everything she could.

I put my hands on her shoulder. "Relax. You're gonna do great." I told her, as she relaxed to the feel of my hands.

Slowly I could feel her body relax just before we got into the changing room. I let her go heading to sit down where my shirt was hanging up, sadly nowhere near Leah.

Our lineup for this match was quite basic, like it had been the past few times we've had a friendly: Karen Bardsley (GK), Lucy Bronze (RB), Millie Bright (DF), Steph Houghton (DF), Demi Stokes (LB), Jill Scott (CM), Fran Kirby (CM), Jordan Nobbs (CM), Tonni Duggan (LW), Beth Mead (RW), Ellen White (CF).

We rushed out of the changing room to warm up while the rest of the girls played around with a ball on the side of the pitch.

I could feel my vision going back to the girls who were on the side, more specifically to Leah, I didn't understand what kept it going back but it just did.

I snapped myself out of it and concentrated on the match that would start in shortly 15 minutes.

We finished up warming up and jogged into the changing room for Marks pre-match talk. I sat there listening to him while I replayed through my mind what I wanted to happen in this match and what I was supposed to do.

"Come on girls!" Mark shouted which made all of us get up and head to the tunnel.

I was the last in line as I felt a hand brush by me. I turned to see who it was when I was met with Leah smiling while she headed to the bench. "Good luck." She mouthed. I smiled at her before giving her a wink back.

Both teams came out of the tunnel to be found by an almost full stadium cheering them on. I looked around not being able to see an empty seat, taking in the atmosphere.

We sang the national anthems and then shook hands with the Spaniards before getting into our positions bouncing around waiting for the referee to blow the whistle.

As the referee blew the whistle the crowd erupted and the game started.

Minutes ticked by as Spain got a chance. They played one two passes and then passed the ball out to the wing. They placed a ball into the middle of the box but Steph headed away keeping the danger away.

More minutes ticked by and around the minute 38 England got a great chance. Beth had the ball on the edge of the pitch, just beside the benches. She picked her head up seeing Ellen making a run towards the end line. She hit the ball perfectly as it landed a few steps away from Ellen.

Ellen took the ball and as she stood at the end line inside the box she passed the ball back to the half circle where Keira was. Without taking a touch Keira hit a rocket that ended in the back of the net. 0 - 1.

(Leah's pov)

The half time came around with no other dangerous chances created by neither team. Steph had a knock just before the first half finished so Mark told me to warm up.

And as the whole team came out to the pitch I was standing in the sideline waiting to come on before the second half started, about to come on for my debut.

As the referee signaled for me to come out the crowd clapped and I was met with loads of smiling faces from my teammates.

I jogged to my position before the referee blew her whistle meaning the second half had started.

The first 10 minutes of the second half were simple, I played simple passes through the back line while I took mental notes about each player. What foot they prefered, if they were quick or not...

Minute 67, I was passed the ball by Millie as I slowly proceeded to go forward with it. I looked around deciding what the best option was when I noticed Jordan pointing her finger to the backline.

I pushed the ball out of my feet a bit before pinging the ball across the pitch as it landed behind the last Spanish defenders. Jordan let it bounce slightly before she hit it with the inside of her foot. I watched the ball float over the goalie as it ended in the back of the net 0 - 2.

I rushed over to Jordan who was surrounded by a few of our teammates before I jumped onto her. She caught me and gave me a hug before putting me back down.

"Nice goal." I told her.

"The assist wasn't bad either." She teased me with a smirk on her face.

We jogged back to the middle of the pitch so the game could resume, all of us still hungry for more.

As the end of the match approached we got a corner. I jogged up the field to the back post where I waited for Jordan to whip the ball in. When the ref blew her whistle and Jordan pinged the ball in, it floated to the back post. I jumped up, being one of the tallest it hit my head. Next thing I know Kiera is latched onto my neck.

"You Bloody legend!" Toni shouted as she gave me a hug which made me laugh.

As everybody let go of me Jordan came up to me giving me a hug. I put my arm around her as we walked towards the halfway line. "I'm proud of you." She said with a gentle voice which made my heart melt a bit.

"Thank you Jord, it means a lot." I said before taking my arm off her as we both jogged back to our positions.

The ref blew the final whistle making a bunch of my teammates jump on top of me. As I brushed them off and shook the other team's hands I stood in the middle of the pitch taking the moment in.

"Hey Leah!" Mark shouted at me which made me snap out of my day dream. "A match to remember!" He said. "You showed me why I chose you for the team and why I put you on. I'll tell you right now, give it a few years, you'll be the best we'll fucking have!" He told me making me smile.

As the pitch cleared up. I sat down looking around, still processing what had just happened. I laid down spreading my arms looking up at the sky.

I laid there for what felt like a few seconds but where actually a lot more "Leah! The bus is about to leave!" I heard a familiar voice shout at me.

"I've got to shower still. I'll walk back, or I'll get a cab, I don't want this to end." I told Keira.

She walked over to me and sat down beside me. "I'll wait for a cab too." She said laying down the same way she had found me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 277 7
incomplete, won't update lucy wilson meets leah williamson through a family friend. watch what happens as they are stuck together to wait out a thund...
287K 6.9K 83
The story of how Adriana Martinez and Leah Williamson fell in love. Starts in the 21/22 season.
82.6K 1K 47
When a new player joins Arsenal WFC after finishing her scholarship over in the US. Bella Thorpe, 23, is very excited to play in London and in the WS...
Step up By Annac3

Fanfiction

30.9K 525 26
A new player has joined Arsenal WFC at a tense time. After playing in a championship club will she be able to survive in the top ranks? And will she...