Redline (My Hero Academia Mal...

By chimera9119

**OUTDATED AND BEING REWRITTEN, MORE DETAILS IN THE FIRST CHAPTER** "Moving forward, take these words to hear... More

Opportunity of a lifetime
Not so simple
The next step
The path stretches on
Discord
Starting line
Magic Spear
Showdown
The Knight and the... Lizard?
Our Inspirations
Fight on!
Sparks of Red
Where to next?
The Kinetic Hero

The Joust

2.2K 92 120
By chimera9119

I should probably stop using the same description of how the flames of the arena lit up in each corner, over and over again.

So once more, the flames of the arena lit up in each corner, as the second round of the tournament was about to begin! Rivals stood on each end of the arena, successors of great Heroes. A clash between Midoriya and Todoroki! But if you're reading this, than you probably know what happens. Regardless, just about everyone was on their toes for this one.

But then, someone turned the corner into 1A's spectator booth, grabbing the attention of a few students. However, it was a mixture of negative reactions upon seeing who it was.

Sero: Hey! It's our second favourite villain!

Walking down the aisle besides the seats was Nokogiri. Naturally, after her comment towards Ashido, people weren't exactly pleased to see her. It's a surprise to the class though that Sero can still joke with her.

Nokogiri: I don't know how, but I'll give ya steel to the face ya shit head!

Sero: ...Is that meant to mean that you'll shoot me or something? Your threats just become more and more dull as time goes.

Kaminari: D-Don't tick her off anymore man!

Nokogiri then stopped before the row she was about to sit in. But someone was in the way...

Nokogiri: Oi, shit head. Move your ass or I'll put those spikes on your head right through it instead.

The classes gaze moved down towards who the hostile girl was referring to. And it was a confrontation they all dreaded. In her way with his legs up on the seat in front was none other than the spiky haired Bakugo.

1A: *internally screaming* This was the one thing we didn't want to happen!

His deadly red eyed gaze stared up at the Scottish girl, unfazed.

Bakugo: I don't listen to crew cuts like you. Now beat it before I kill you.

Nokogiri: Oh you're a cheeky little fuck, ain't ya! Ego the size of a fuckin mountain or soemthin ya daft prick!?

Bakugo: Oh now you're asking for it! I'd fight you right here right now if it weren't for the fact that you were absolute dog shit in the first game of the festival!

Nokogiri: No, please! Don't let that stop you! I'd like to see you try!

Bakugo: Aight bet!

The flames of war were building up, as the class representative began panicking at the escalating situation.

Iida: This is getting out of hand! Now there are two of them!

Kaminari: I don't like our odds of getting out alive... Hey! (L/N)! You're the only one who can stop Nokogiri at least! Do somethi-

Sero: Huh? He left a while ago.

Kaminari: ...Excuse me, what!?

Sero: (L/N) has his battle with Iida right after this one, so he's off getting prepared.

Kaminari: B-But Iida's right here! Why is (L/N) suddenly more responsible than him now of all times!

Pikachu's frightened gaze dashed back towards the growing fire between Bakugo and Nokogiri.

Nokogiri: —And that's just what I'll do to your arms!

Bakugo: How cute. Now scram before I rip you a new one!

Sero: Hey... Uh... bizarre concept Nokogiri, but you can just sit somewhere else.

Kaminari: *quietly* Like in a mental asylum.

Bakugo: Or in the middle of a highway. Besides, she's too petty for that! She just wants to sit next to her boyfriend. And if she had eyes, she'd realise the fucker ain't even here!

Nokogiri was suddenly at a loss for words. Veins were pulsing and her eye was twitching as she glared down at Bakugo. Did he just say that you were her...

Nokogiri: ...WHAT IN THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING H-

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* Hey guys! We're here with the first match of the second round!

With very convenient timing, Present Mic's announcement and introduction of the two fighters drowned out the sound of angry bagpipes and screams. Bakugo lazily stared up at the raging girl beside him, waiting for her to shut up. And with more very convenient timing (Which is definitely a coincidence, trust me) Present Mic's announcement ended right when Nokogiri stopped to catch her breath.

Bakugo: ...Are you done?

Nokogiri: *eye twitching* You sound like you're sad about it. Well news flash! I AIN'T THROUGH WITH YOU YET-

Bakugo: Ugh. Zip it. Just do me a favour and... what was it that you said to raccoon eyes? Oh yeah! Piss off back to your home planet!

It was a battle that seemed to never stop between the two, and both Sero and Kaminari would inch themselves away from the growing flames of war in their spectator booth. And it certainly wasn't a spectacle to hear in any of the neighboring booths. For example: Monoma of 1B was especially livid.

Monoma: Classic 1A, suddenly acting like they can do whatever they want when they've got the spotlight this tournament.

Tokage: Geez, didn't see you contribute much to our cause.

Kendo: He's just sulky that nobody in our class made it this far.

Further back into the 1B booth, the blood Quirk user, Sakamoto, was swinging one of her blood strings around with her finger in boredom.

Sakamoto: That's his whole character? Crying? What a joke. Though I guess we should've figured that out by the first day, right moody?

Beside her sat the quiet Chikara. He turned his naturally cold gaze towards Sakamoto, before standing up as if he were leaving.

Sakamoto: Leaving already? You're just living up to that nickname right now.

Chikara: *sigh* That's not it. In fact you're right, Kazoo kid's being a real pain right now.

Monoma: *spinning around* Excuse me!?

Chikara: More importantly, we all know how this fight's gonna end: With greenie being frozen over like it's the ice age all over again. I don't see a point sticking around.

Sakamoto: I guess... but where are you off to exactly?

Chikara: I overheard some guys next door saying (L/N) is off preparing for his fight.

Sakamoto: Huh? Over miss bagpipe's screaming? Impressive.

Chikara: By some miracle. Anyway, to me, (L/N) has always given off that carefree impression, so for him to be preparing so soon... It feels like someone needs to check on him while his class is all riled up about candy cane and broccoli down there.

Sakamoto: Oh sure! Just barge in uninvited while he uses precious time to prepare for his next fight, at the same time our classes are scripted to hate each other! Genius plan!

Chikara: Great, I'll be back later.

Chikara immediately leaves, having Sakamoto stand in place in shock as her remark was taken seriously.

Sakamoto: H-Hey that was a joke! *sigh* Dumbass.

She immediately follows after Chikara, getting a few concerned looks from the class.

Monoma: Their favouritism is showing again.

Kendo: *glare* I wonder why.

But someone else was just about to leave as well. Rising up from her seat was the green haired recommended student Tokage. Those two newcomers had a point: You never seemed like the kind of person to prepare this early on, and even Tokage knew that much. She was about to leave, but she immediately got called out by her fellow recommended classmate.

Honenuki: Huh? Where's everyone going? The fights about to start!

Monoma: *turning around* Hm? Oh don't tell me you're ditching us as well for that new guy in class A?

Tokage: Geez, clam down prison guard. Just getting a drink, nothing more.

Monoma: Riiight. If you insist.

So then Tokage quickly disappears from sight. But then...

Tokage: *distant* Sike bitch, you thought!

The loud blonde of 1B had his eye twitch, before sighing in defeat.

Monoma: I should've figured. One of our best classmates is actually a traitor.

Kendo: What!? Of course not! Believe it or not, she's naturally a caring person. I'm sure she's just concerned like Chikara and Sakamoto.

Monoma: I get that, but why for that (L/N) person? The two were enemies in the previous game.

Kendo: Well that's-

She pauses herself, thinking over what Monoma said.

Kendo: ...Actually a good question.

Just why was that the case?

Timeskip brought to you by the Chibi (L/N)-Protection-Squad. People of questionable sanity protecting an even more insane person.

Surely a pretty bland fight was happening between Todoroki and Midoriya, right? But while that was happening, you were surprisingly your classes waiting room, as you were in the fight right after. But you weren't actually preparing for the fight... at least not physically.

You sat down at one of the tables, looking down at your lit up phone. The screen showed a phone contact: One that you were contemplating on calling in a time like this. And the contact name was quite self explanatory.

Dad

You wanted to try and talk to him... yet also hesitant. You probably would've contemplated it further if you didn't hear the distant sound of... singing?

???: *distant* Some...

(Y/N): *quietly* The hell is tha-

Sakamoto: *kicking the door open* - BODY ONCE TOLD ME-

In an instant, you lose grip of your phone and accidentally juggle it around trying to grab it, before successfully snatching it and turning towards the new intruder with a glare.

(Y/N): What was that for exactly?

Sakamoto: Because... it was funny?

Chikara: *now walking in* In my defence, I tried telling her it was a bad idea.

(Y/N): Yeah? Well maybe try harder next time- Wait, what are you both doing here anyway!?

Sakamoto: Duh! Being decent people and checking in on you?

Chikara: You don't kick down doors to scare people while calling yourself a decent person.

(Y/N): Guys... you don't have to do that. There's probably a more interesting fight happening right now.

Chikara: Yeah... Except you're not even out to see it yourself. That's the issue. One look at you now, and I can tell you're a lot more worried about this fight than the rest of the festival. So you're fighting your class representative, so what? You fought against me, you fought against a Hero, and you fought against a Villain. What's got you worked up right now of all times?

You sighed as you stood up from the seat you were in, before leaning back against the table and looking down at the phone contact once more.

(Y/N): It's... not really the fight that's the issue. I guess... it's more... everything behind it.

Naturally, that bore confused looks from the two.

(Y/N): Have I ever mentioned that my Dad was a Pro Hero to you both?

Sakamoto; Holy shit, really!?

(Y/N): Holy shit, really. My Quirk was a blend between his and my Moms Quirk, naturally. My Mom had an Aura Plating Quirk, giving her a forcefield moulded around her body, similar to my Kinetic Plating. And it's durability was measured via the glow of her hair. My Dad however, is where the bulk of my Quirk comes from.

You then quickly began searching something up on your phone.

(Y/N): As I said: He was a Pro Hero, and he definitely had the Quirk to back it up. If he took any sort of impact, he could redirect it in a near instant into pure kinetic energy. However, it was only in a short window of time he could do that, so it was titled Kinetic Counter. Although... I think he tried changing it to Royal Guard or something like that at some point, but someone already got that name first... Anyway! With his powerful counter weapon Quirk, he rose up the ranks of Japan's Pro Heroes, and became known as...

You then showed the 1B students a photo of the mentioned Pro Hero in his prime. It wasn't the most clear, given the setting, but it really showed off what kind of Hero he was. Curved armour with jet intakes made up the majority of his costume, with a thin blue cape as wide as a scarf flowing behind him in the wind. He also had white hair that matched the shade of the streak in your own hair, however his face was obstructed thanks to the angle the photo was taken from. And on his shoulder was an emblem. One similar to a blue ribbon.

(Y/N): The Counterattack Hero: Mobius!

Both Chikara and Sakamoto were astounded by your fathers prime Hero costume.

Chikara: Thats... actually incredible.

Sakamoto: Yeeeah, it's cool and all, but I'm not liking the constant use of past tense in your words.

(Y/N): Oh! It's not as bad as it sounds! Trust me. He... actually retired pretty early on.

Chikara: Huh. No wonder we never heard of him.

(Y/N): I found out years ago it was because... I existed. When I came around, Dad thought it would be too risky to continue being an active Hero, especially when his Quirk revolved around taking hits. So because he had a son now, he threw in the towel before he could bite off more than he could chew. And then when I decided to become a Hero years ago, he would devote just about all his time into training me... He couldn't have made a worse decision.

Sakamoto: ...How could that have been the worst decision exactly?

(Y/N): Our Quirks were far from the same level, being honest. Like I said, My Mom And Dads Quirks were the perfect blend... yet it was also a recipe for disaster. He taught me everything he knew of his Quirk, and I could implement it into my own down to the letter. But my Quirk has an entirely seperate aspect of storing energy, and how it can be channeled. Had I knew how to reach that potential... I would've passed the Entrance Exam the first time.

You sighed in recollection, reliving the failure of the exam in your head... and how angry you were.

(Y/N): Dads teachings didn't translate well into the Exam. I knew how to counter... and nothing else. Compared to everyone else... it was no surprise I failed. So insultingly close as well... And I...

You freeze up on your words, regret built up in your body as you continued reliving your failure.

(Y/N): I blamed Dad for it... All that time wasted putting something completely useless into my head... Being promised success just because my Dad was a Hero... I... hated him for it.

You looked back up at the two with regretful eyes. Sakamoto was... surprisingly quiet. In fact, it was like personalities were swapped when Chikara spoke out first.

Chikara: You don't... still feel that way now, do you?

(Y/N): You kidding? Of course not! I was just... *sigh* I was just being selfish to someone who did everything they could for me... and yet somehow I thought he was the one to blame. I thought it over throughout the next couple days and weeks... and accepted that... I should've taken responsibility for my failure. But when I tried to apologise after so long...

You tried to fight back any tears that could've left your eyes, before sighing.

(Y/N): He was gone.

Chikara: As in...

(Y/N): No. Like I said, not as bad as it sounds, but... still bad. He... "conveniently" had a business trip, despite being retired, before I could talk to him... And I don't know when... or if he'll be back. Was it really the case? Or... was it all because of me. *sigh* The only Hero in my life was gone... so I had to turn elsewhere. It didn't take long until Heroes like Ingenium took the place Mobius had. I learned a lot more about myself, and my Quirk, looking up to others, and training either with myself or with my friend Sero... But I still wish I could've said something.

With one final exhale, you collapse back down into the seat behind you as you lean forward, resting your head on the back of your hands.

(Y/N): So there you go. That's my tragic backstory. And now that I'm fighting the brother of Ingenium... I don't know... it just put those horrible memories on loop in my head, and I suddenly felt like I should finally talk to my Dad after so long... yet here I am, scared to do so. And then what If I lose to Iida, the person who I guess I indirectly look up to, and take inspiration from... does that mean all I've worked for was for nothing? Would that mean nothing even changed from Entrance Exam!?

???: Of course not!

Everyone suddenly jumps in surprise, before looking towards where the voice came from. The one who yelled out to you was currently standing in the doorway, much to your surprise.

(Y/N): Tokage?

Chikara: You two... know each other?

Waking into the room, Tokage looked down at you as you looked away, not expecting that personal conversation to be overheard.

Tokage: We actually met a few hours ago. But... even so, I honestly think you're full of crap with that whole "Not changing since the entrance exam" thing.

Your averted gaze looked up at the recommended student as she continued.

Tokage: I... might've accidentally listened in to that whole conversation. I was going to wait until you three were done, but... it kept escalating. And what you said... *sigh* Ticked me off. From your story, you clawed your way into U.A where you previously failed to, and quiet clearly proved yourself throughout the entire festival. All three of you. None of you are the same as you were before. You learned from your mistakes and went beyond what was previously impossible! You disrupted entire battlefields, tore apart arenas, and even felled a Hero! You may fall over and over again... but you'll never be back at square one.

Sakamoto: *chuckle* Awfully kind of you to lump us into that pep talk.

Tokage: The point I'm making (L/N), is that despite the failure of the Entrance Exam... Despite the sharp learning curve of perfecting your Quirk... Despite what happened with your Dad... You fought harder than anyone else I know! I was originally just compelled to meet the guy who happened to fight a Villain not that long ago... but... After spending so long being the inspiration as a recommended student... I just can't help but finally feel inspired myself, all because of you!

To have someone like Tokage admit something like that was... shocking to say the least. It felt like a fire was lit up inside as Tokage held her hand out to you to take.

Tokage: So don't you dare disappoint me now.

With a new look of admiration, you smiled as you took Tokage's hand (Which didn't fall off thanks to her Quirk) as you stood up. You were still worried about the fight... but to have Tokage's support felt like everything was going to turn out alright somehow. It came as no surprise her class looked up to her... and maybe you did as well, as she supposedly does to you. However, the moment suddenly got interrupted by Sakamoto.

Sakamoto: Hey, Uh... speaking of fights... hasn't the one between Prince Zuko and Green Naruto been going on for a while now?

Chikara: It should've been over in an instant... Right?

Suddenly, an ear bursting explosion or something similar erupted from outside, shaking the entire stadium and getting the attention of the group of four.

Tokage: Oh don't tell me that was one of the good fights!

Sakamoto: *disappointed* "It'll be boring" you said. "I don't see a point in sticking around" you said.

Suddenly, the echoing voice of Midnight rung through the halls of the stadium.

Midnight: *distant* M-Midoriya is out of bounds... Todoroki advances to the third round!

Tokage: That's... The self destructive guy who got eliminated, right?

Chikara: Honestly a little fitting.

(Y/N): So that means...

The trio of 1B students turn towards you, with your gaze hidden behind your hair as you looked down.

(Y/N): Me and Inge- I mean, Iida... are next to fight.

You looked down at your open palm, shimmering a (F/C) glow from your Kinetic Plating.

(Y/N): In some twisted way, this could all be insulting to my Dad; Getting so far into the life of a Hero without him after he devoted everything... but after all that's happened...

You then clench your hand into a fist, sending a pulse of energy up your arm.

(Y/N): I think this is what we both would've wanted.

With a look of confidence from yourself, Sakamoto finally lets out a breath of relief.

Sakamoto: Finally, crisis averted. Only costed us what, one of the greatest battles to witness?

Chikara: *sigh* C'mon. We've chewed through (L/N)'s time enough.

Sakamoto: H-Huh!? This was your idea!

The 1B duo quickly left the waiting room, leaving you and Tokage alone together.

(Y/N): Tokage...

Tokage: *turning around* Hm?

(Y/N): Thanks... for all that. This wasn't really a side of me I wanted anyone to see. Especially by someone I only just got to know.

Tokage: Yeah, well that's life. But the worst part of all this is that I said I didn't want our whole dynamic to be playing therapist for each other.

(Y/N): Yet here we are. Feels like I'm torn between idols to look up to now.

Tokage: Aww! How cute! But maaaybe before you get all worked up over idols and inspirations, try narrowing it down to just one. Take too much from many people, and you just might lose sight of yourself.

(Y/N): Narrow it down to one person?

Tokage: Yeah! And I know the perfect role model to look up too whenever you throw yourself into another one of these crisis's. Maybe the best inspiration to you...

Suddenly, you felt her fist lightly bump your chest. You didn't even see it seperate from her arm.

Tokage: ...Is the Hero you want to be.

(Y/N): Y-Yeah! Alright!

Her hand returns back to herself as she turns to leave you be. Holding a peace sign over her shoulder, she takes her leave.

Tokage: Anyway, see you when you're at the top of the podium!

As the room door closed behind her, your hand moved up towards where Tokage hit you in the chest as you smiled.

(Y/N): The Hero I want to be...

But as you dwelled on it, a deep question took root in the back of your mind. Being torn between taking inspiration from Ingenium and Mobius, a not so easy question comes up...

...What exactly kind of Hero do you want to be?

Timeskip

The battle of rivals concluded on the screens of those watching the tournament elsewhere. Including on the screens of Villains. Back in Farbanti City, the white haired Angelo was rather hyped up from the prior battle on screen, laughing to himself as he laid down on the penthouses couch.

Angelo: That fight was incredible! Sure would be a shame if anyone missed it!

But then, the ding of the elevator rung out, causing the Villain to jump out and turn towards the doors.

Angelo: It was a bad idea for you to leave, Kusattaaaaaooooooh shit...

Exiting the elevator wasn't just the nano plague user, but the thorn bearing ringleader Discord.

Discord: Kusatta says you both have something to tell me. Something about... a potential recruit?

Angelo: ...Are we really doing this now? It can't wait til after the tournament?

Suddenly, from the TV, Present Mic began making an announcement.

Present Mic: *through TV* Hey! We'll be taking a short break to repair the arena after such a fight! Stick around, cuz the next ones gonna be nothing but octane energy!

Kusatta: Ah, perfect timing. Boss, you remember that failed plan Rock Star was involved in?

Discord: *sigh* All too well. Stopped by a kid of all people.

Kusatta: Well hows this for some irony. The same kid who broke the law to do so is now a student at U.A!

Discord: Whoop dee do. That's none of our business. If he wants to devote his life to a soon-to-be meaningless cause, then you're too late to reach him.

Angelo: Nah Nah Nah Nah, you see that's where you're wrong! Sure, Rock Star made a fool of himself showcasing his defeat to the whole city. But...

Kusatta: Opportunity is always around the corner.

Angelo: Discord, this kid became a temporary legend, so to speak! He indirectly fought against the Hero system, and got praised for it! Don't you see? Had he been a goody two shoes, he would've held his tongue and done nothing. But he became a beacon! A beacon for those who question the system! Even slightly!

Discord: And... you suggest?

Kusatta: He brings out people's true desires. And like Angelo said: He would've done nothing if he fully believed in the Hero System and the laws it said. We have to try. And if we recruit him... we can recruit many more.

Angelo: And on top of that, we can get some insight in whatever's going on in U.A. Our first ever spy in a Hero Course! Picture it!

Discord: *sigh* That's-

The masked Villain paused himself, before thinking over the suggested idea. That... Kinetic kid... if anyone in the Hero Course is most likely to follow his cause... it'll be the one who consciously rebelled against Heroes. And with the spark he lit in the communities hearts...

Discord: ...Actually... not a bad call. Rather genius if I do say so myself. Tell me... what's his name?

Kusatta: According to the announcements: (Y/N) (L/N).

Discord: (Y/N) (L/N)... Alright then.

Discord moved himself to behind the couch, to watch the rest of the tournament from the back.

Discord: Judging by your "topic of conversation" comment, he's next, right?

Kusatta: Yes Sir.

Discord: Then the remainder of this tournament will be his hypothetical trial.

Beneath the skull mask, the tired yet hidden green eyes of the Villain watched the screen, seeing the arena being fully repaired from whatever the previous fight had going on. Suddenly taking up the screen were clashing images of the brother of Ingenium, Tenya Iida: VS the next potential recruit of the Villains growing crew, (Y/N) (L/N).

Discord: Let's see if he's truly worthy.

———————————————-

Wow! Flames shooting up in each corner of the arena! Never seen that description before! As they did their thing, you walked up the steps onto the step arena, appearing rather calm on the outside. But on the inside...

(Y/N): *in head* Alright brain, stay calm! I said stay calm! Stay fucking calm!

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* Yo! Welcome back audience! Our battle arena is back up and running! And on the topic of running, let me introduce you to the second fight of the second round!

On the opposite side of the arena to you, Iida stepped up onto the platform (Without support gear), more willing to prove himself since his last fight.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* He had a shaky start, but that isn't enough to stall this powerful engine! From the Hero Course: Tenya Iida!

Iida: *in head* (L/N)'s Quirk is powerful, but not invincible. Stay ahead of him.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* Versus: He's like a jack of all trades! He can shoot a meteor out of the sky, but can he hit a target with equal footing!? Also from the Hero Course: (Y/N) (L/N)!

(Y/N): *in head* His speed enhanced attacks will be dangerous if you're not careful.

Up in the spectator booths, 1A cheered on for either one of the two battlers. Each with varying ways of showing enthusiasm.

Yaoyorozu: Fight well you two!

Uraraka: You can do it, Iida!

Sero: Show him who's boss, (L/N)!

Mineta: *snore*

Asui: It's nearly an even match, huh?

Jiro: It's kind of a tough decision honestly on who to route for.

The punk girl looks behind her towards the sleeping grape boi with a glare.

Jiro: Oi. I know you're thrilled. What's your take?

She then jabs one of her earphone jacks at Mineta's head, shocking him awake.

Mineta: AAAAGGHHHH!!!

Jiro: ...Yeah, I thought as much.

At the end of the booth, Kaminari nudged Bakugo in the shoulder to get his attention.

Kaminari: So who do you think has better odds here?

Bakugo: Drop dead.

Kamianri: Who's tha- Oh...

Sero: Hey, what about Nokogiri? She'll "definitely" give a non biased opinion, right?

Bakugo: I'll consider listening to her on the slim chance she actually grows up. Isn't that right, sore loser!?

The ashy blonde explosion user looked up smugly towards Nokogiri, who was unmoved and still standing in the same spot next to Bakugo's seat.

Nokogiri: I'll kill you.

Down in the arena, you and Iida stared each other down as Present Mic called out once more.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* A battle of pure glee and insanity is upon us! Second match of the second round...

Your Kinetic Plating shimmered over your body as Iida's engines roared to life.

(Y/N): *in head* In contrast to my last fight, this is more than just a fight with a classmate. No doubt you share the same admiration for Ingenium... so you must go beyond that. Be the Hero...

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* Start!

In an instant, kinetic energy rocketed from your back as you launched yourself right at Iida.

(Y/N): *in head* ...That you want to be.

Iida's eyes widened behind his glasses, as he sprinted to the side to dodge. Passing by him, you let out a massive burst of energy from your front, changing your trajectory in an instant as you fly towards Iida. With pure instinct, Iida spun around on his foot to land a spinning kick as a means of interception.

As his rocket propelled kick hit you in the side, your Plating shimmered from the absorption as expected. Your body skidded across the ground from the impact, before creating a small blast of energy to send you up onto your feet.

(Y/N): *in head* Don't give him any breathing room.

Boasting towards the class representative, you closed the distance and unleaded a volley of attacks, all of which Iida took surprisingly well. He held his arms up as a guard to block the many punches and kicks. But right when you thought you had him backed into a corner, he suddenly launched forward at you between one of your attacks, head butting you to disorientate you, before grabbing your shoulders and kneeing you in the gut.

Before you could process what happened, Iida suddenly jumped up and did a spinning kick across your face, knocking you far back. As you tumbled back, you quickly struck your plated hand into the arena flooring beneath you, slowing you to a halt.

(Y/N): *in head* Even with shock absorption, Iida can still knock me around with his Quirk.

Iida was quick to try and close the distance, in an attempt to finish the match. But then, Kinetic energy began building up around your embedded arm.

(Y/N): Lets kick this up a notch!

Iida's eyes widened as the floor in front of you burst wide open, sending debris towards the class representative. Iida quickly tried jumping over it as he looked down at you.

Iida: *in head* He used his Quirk on the arena... similar to how Bakugo attacked in his match.

As Iida went above you, you dashed towards where the rubble pieces landed, grabbing hold of two bits of debris in your hands. Iida began his descent as you spun around, firing off the bits of debris like rail guns at your enemy. He swatted them away, but it was a mere distraction for you to close in on him without notice. As he hit the ground, you hit him in the side and sending him back and tumbling across the cement. However, he used the momentum built up from the attack to land back on his feet and start running without needing to build up acceleration.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* What a recovery! But neither of the two are willing to stay down!

Iida began circling back around within the arena towards you. Kinetic energy began building up behind you as you psyched yourself up.

(Y/N): *in head* Mobius... Dad... I hope you see what I can do now. Because...

Anyone else would've tried dodging, or even blocking the incoming attack. But instead, you charged right at Iida in return.

(Y/N): I'm just getting started!

You threw your fist forward as Iida swung his leg, grazing against each other as you each dashed past. No direct hits, but the damage was building up on both sides. You both skidded across the ground and began circling back around to clash again.

(Y/N): *in head* Faster!

You clashed again. And again. And again. Circling back around each time, every attack, every joust, was becoming more quick, and definitely more powerful.

Iida: *in head* Faster!

From a birds eye view, the fight could be interpreted as orange flames and (F/C) lights clashing against each other in a figure 8 motion. It was become very difficult to track for the naked eye. And it wasn't the fastest either of you could go.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* I feel like I'm gonna throw my neck out any second now just by trying to keep up!

Kaminari: He's right! Makes me want to throw up FOR them!

It felt like an eternity when the clashing finally stopped. You broke off and dashed towards the far end the the arena, catching your breath as you looked up at the glowing streak in your hair. Your energy storage was at its limit form the constant hits and kicks your Kinetic Plating took from the many attacks by Iida.

(Y/N): Shit... bit off more than I could chew.

Your gaze met Iida's on the opposite end of the arena. He knew exactly what situation you were in. He knew your Quirk was at its limit.

Iida: *in head* Your energy is near its cap. It's time...

He dropped down into a lower stance. In an instant, you recognised it. He's preparing the same move he pulled in the cavalry battle. Reciproburst. It was dangerous in this situation, knowing it could get you eliminated if you don't do something quick. But...

(Y/N): *in head* I gotta recreate that as soon as possible!

Maybe now is a better time than ever. One last joust.

Kinetic Energy began pulsing from the back of your legs, your back, your elbows, anything that can give you speed. Only in the spur of the moment did you think of a name for the attack.

Iida: Recipro...

(Y/N): Mach...

Blue flames rocketed from Iida's engines, as powerful bursts of Kinetic Energy lit up the air behind you, as you each rocketed towards each other for one last clash at the centre of the arena.

Iida/(Y/N): Burst!/Rush!

Everyone held their breath as you both threw all you had at each other. You threw your fist forward as Iida swung with a deadly kick. Speed determined who would win in this scenario. You gambled everything on this attack...

Only to fail when your Plating cracked.

Iida was that tiny bit faster to break your Quirk, sending you tumbling across the ground past Iida and towards the edge. Your aura cracking apart as it shone a bright, violent red, before dissipating. You laid down on your stomach in pain as you struggled to move your body.

Iida: *in head* Sorry (L/N). But with your plating broken...

Iida skidded across the ground, blue flames continuing to roar from the mufflers of his Quirk as he turned to look down at your weakened self across the arena.

Iida: I've won.

With one last boost, Iida rocketed towards you as everyone watched. People called your name, but it didn't matter... Without the plating of your Quirk... you were... borderline Quirkless...

Time felt like it slowed down to a halt. In a near instant, you felt like taking Iida's attack head down. Not like you could do anything without your Quirk. But...

Tokage: So don't you dare disappoint me now!

Suddenly... Tokage couldn't leave your thoughts. She of all people tried helping you. Someone who was on a complete different playing field stood by your side when you were overthinking things... to help you... to encourage you. Your ambition to become a Hero was strong... but her words pushed you just enough to get back off the ground again. And you didn't know why. But it didn't matter. You turned your gaze over your shoulder, and stared at the approaching Iida.

(Y/N): I didn't hear no bell.

Suddenly, in an instant, you spin around and throw a punch at Iida right when he reached you, hitting him right in the face while he was running at his max velocity. Everyone was left shocked as you knocked Iida right off his feet, and likely knocking him out cold. He hit the ground tumbling as his engines slowly died down into nothingness.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* I-I... I don't believe it! (L/N) knocked Iida off his feet with one blow!

In a near instant, Midnight runs into the arena to check Iida's status. Breathing heavily as you took in the moment, you could faintly hear Midnight whisper to herself in shock of that attack.

Midnight: I-Iida is out cold! (L/N) advances to the Semi-Finals!

Despite the breaking of your Quirk, you... managed to win? You found it quite hard to believe, but the realty set in as cheers erupted from all around you.

You smiled brightly in your victory... but realty soon set on who you're fighting next. You immediately try to shake those thoughts out of your head though, wanting to be excited and live in the moment as many people were impressed in your victory. Both Heroes...

...And Villains.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 1.8K 52
This is the continuation of The Emperor's Dragon (Wattpad can only have 200 chapters in a fic) It didn't start when All Might told Izuku Midoriya tha...
100K 4.5K 45
A young girl starts off life as a puppet of her fathers, a villain known as Shade. She spends majority of her life being abused and living in a cage...
137 8 8
MHA (My Hero Academia) Fanfiction This story will contain some spoilers This is mostly fanon and should not reflect on your opinion of the actual sh...
29K 685 38
(DISCLAIMER: I do not own My Hero Academia or its characters. It's clear in the title that this is a fan fiction, with some OCs (characters' kids and...