Redline (My Hero Academia Mal...

By chimera9119

**OUTDATED AND BEING REWRITTEN, MORE DETAILS IN THE FIRST CHAPTER** "Moving forward, take these words to hear... More

Opportunity of a lifetime
Not so simple
The next step
The path stretches on
Discord
Starting line
Magic Spear
Showdown
Our Inspirations
Fight on!
The Joust
Sparks of Red
Where to next?
The Kinetic Hero

The Knight and the... Lizard?

2.9K 99 158
By chimera9119

Tetsutetsu: DAAAMMIIIT!!!

The yells of the defeated 1B student echoed throughout the U.A cafeteria as you carried your food tray along with other members of your class. Them being Sato, Sero, Tokoyami, Kirishima, Kaminari, And Mineta.

Sero: He's still going on about that, huh?

(Y/N): His team did carry the most points for a majority of the last game, setting aside the ten million. So I heard at least.

Kaminari: Sounds to me like Kirishima will never calm dow-

Kirishima: Stop with that dumb joke man! Me and Tetsutetsu are nothing alike!

Tokoyami: Actually, on a spiritual level, the difference is uncanny. From what little I heard, he goes on about... manliness.

Sato: It's basically copy and paste.

Kirishima: Fine, we've got some similarities. But he's out of my hair now! I actually made it through to the finals!

(Y/N): *shudders* Suddenly feels like situational irony is in the air.

Across U.A's cafeteria, Tetsutetsu slammed his head on a cafeteria table, shaking all the food trays on it. Sitting beside him, Sakamoto tried her best cheering her classmate up.

Tetsutetsu: We had in the bag...

Sakamoto: Uh... if it helps, my little trick will probably get you some attention from the pros? ...Maybe?

Tetsutetsu: *sobbing* Of course it doesn't help!

Sakamoto: ...Good thing I didn't try becoming a therapist then, huh?

She awkwardly chuckled at her own joke, trying to help cheer Tetsutetsu up.

???: Hey!

Both students look up to see two of their classmates approaching.

Kendo: We heard your team did incredible in the cavalry battle!

Sakamoto: If we did incredible, we wouldn't have two mopey people likely bawling their eyes out.

Kendo: Still, at least SOMEONE didn't insist on challenging one of the most threatening teams...

She then turned around and glared at the recommended student that joined her.

Kendo: ...Tokage.

Tokage: It was a well thought out plan, thank you very much!

Kendo: You saw two in your recommendation exam, one on TV, and made a guess on the last one! What plan!?

Tokage: Uh... I had a rough idea on their Quirks? Y'know, tactical advantage?

Kendo: Right... Anyway, Sakamoto. That friend of yours... Chikara? He's usually nearby wherever you are. Where is he exactly?

Sakamoto: He's not taking this whole... disappearance of our points too well. He's usually pretty cold, but...

She looks over towards the corner of the cafeteria. Leaning against the wall with an apple in hand, Chikara stood isolated from everyone.

Sakamoto: Now he just acts even more like some edgy loner. Although he did say something about being unable to prove his worth or something before ditching us.

Kendo: Right. I'll check up on him. But... are you okay? You're... awfully positive about losing.

Sakamoto: Huh? Hell no! I'm pissed about all of us blacking out and losing everything! Almost as much as mood kill next to me.

Tetsutetsu: Don't remind me...

Sakamoto: But I've got that little bit of hope that what I did was enough to catch the eyes of someone. As much as I'd like to go further ahead, I think I'll be fine.

Kendo: Is that so? Well, guess I'll see you all later.

1B's class representative goes to chat with the brooding Chikara. As she left, Tokage spun on her heel to leave.

Tokage: Welp. That's that! I'm getting lunch!

The recommended student quickly left, as Sakamoto just rolled her eyes.

Sakamoto: Tactical advantage? Really?

Back with your current group, the four boys who made it into the finals were celebrating amongst themselves at a table.

(Y/N): Gentlemen. I do not believe a lady on Earth will be able to resist us now.

Mineta: Huh?

Sero: *elbowing you in the side* Says the showoff. Me and Kirishima just got lucky listening to Bakugo.

Mineta: W-Wait! What about us!? How would us unlucky folk get the ladies!

(Y/N): Simple advice, really.

Sero: Git gud.

(Y/N): Besides, it was a joke... mostly.

Kirishima: I don't think I'd take all the attention well anyway...

Sato: Still, congratulations on you four getting through.

Tokoyami: We haven't even taken part of he finals yet, and it already feels like an honour.

Kaminari: *mockingly* Oh look at me, I made it through to the finals bleh bleh bleh.

He then slams his hands onto the table.

Kaminari: I had some random ass robot hauled towards me out of nowhere in the first game! I feel cheated! Betrayed! I'd probably replace one of you if that never had happened!

(Y/N): *nervous chuckle* Maybe.

Kirishima: I think you just reacted poorly to it man.

Sero: Yeah, what's your go to response to all problems?

Kaminari: I- W-Well... You see... I-It's just not my fault! The end!

But as Kaminari complained, he spotted something across the cafeteria. Something glorious.

Kaminari: *whisper* Hey Mineta.

Mineta: Hmm?

Kaminari: *whisper* Check it out!

Mineta: Are those...

Before you knew it, the two boys were suddenly leaning over the table to get your attention.

Kaminari: Guys! We've been blessed!

Sero: Blessed? How?

Kirishima: Wait... are those... cheerleaders?

(Y/N): *not paying attention* Uh Huh, cool. *doubling back* Wait, did I hear that right?

You look up, seeing across the room, dressed in bright orange were in fact cheerleaders. Them being unrecognisable by all of you meaning they must be from outside of U.A.

Sero: Well it's not a sporting event without them.

(Y/N): How did I not notice them in the previous sports festivals!? Their mere existence is the perfect motivation!

Kirishima: I think they're a new addition for this year.

Mineta: Oh they are. I've looked for them in previous events.

Sero: *skeptical* You looked for them?

Kaminari: They're great and all... but imagine the girls in our class as cheerleaders!

Mineta: *gasp* You're right! Picture it!

Tokoyami: You two are walking a dangerous line with your words. If one of them overhears you-

But the two fantasising boys were already lost in thoughts. Picturing their classmates dressed as cheerleaders.

(Y/N): Yeeeah, as great of a sight that'll be, it'll remain nothing more than a dream.

Mineta: I refuse! The point of dreams and fantasies is to make them our reality, or we'll have nothing to strive for!

(Y/N): ...Strangely motivational. But surely their are some exceptio-

Mineta: Kaminari! Let's go! I have a plan!

The two were quick to leave the table. Mineta shared his schemes with Kaminari as the rest of you watched them stride away with confidence.

Sato: Are they... really gonna do it?

Kirishima: We probably should've tried stopping them.

Sero: The way I see it, it's a win win for us. Either they mess up, and we get to hang it over their heads for the rest of time. Or they succeed...

(Y/N): *chuckle* Even I'm a little hopeful.

Kirishima: It'll be pretty awkward seeing all six girls in the class dressed as cheerleaders.

(Y/N): You mean seven?

Kirishima: Right! Seven! I just forgot about... oh...

Realisation dawned on all five of you.

Tokoyami: They forgot about her too, didn't they.

Sato: Should we warn them?

(Y/N): ...Nah. It'll be funnier this way.

Timeskip brought to you by Chibi (Y/N) sending Chibi Mineta And Kaminari to horni jail.

Lunch ended rather quickly, and all students were to return back to the stadium. But not everyone was amongst the masses of students. All the girls of 1A weren't present... for some strange reason. You were silently walking through the tunnel leading to the centre of the arena, until you felt something tugging your uniform. Looking down, you saw that infamous student. You all know who it is.

Mineta: *excited whisper* (L/N)! We did it!

(Y/N): Is that so?

Kaminari: *siding in out of nowhere* Damn right! Yaoyorozu and Jiro fell for it from the looks of things!

(Y/N): *laughter* Well now I can't wait to see it!

Mineta: Right? Just the thought of all six girls in our class as cheerleaders might just make me die!

(Y/N): Well, I suppose the cheerleaders as well would be a nice sight. But personally, I'm most excited to see the fire!

Kaminari: T-The fire?

(Y/N): Mineta, Buddy, Buddy ol pal. How'd you convince everyone to dress as cheerleaders?

Mineta: *proudly* Well I just told Yaoyorozu how all the girls are to participate in a cheer battle, "ordered" by Aizawa.

(Y/N): And she'll inform all the girls in the class?

Kaminari: Yeah! From Uraraka, all the way to Noooooooooohhhh noooo...

The blondes face instantly pales in fear from realisation. Mineta only looks back up at Kaminari in confusion as you walk away chuckling.

(Y/N): Yeah. That fire.

Mineta: Huh? Why'd you trail off Kaminari?

(Y/N): C'mon guys! You don't wanna miss the event, do you?

Mineta excitedly followed after you, blissfully unaware of the consequences of his actions. Kaminari however, slowly trailed behind, muttering to himself.

Kaminari: Maybe she won't recognise my name? Or maybe Yaoyorozu didn't mention my presence at all?

Shortly after, the light of the centre stadium reached you all, as once more, you stepped out into the arena.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* Now that lunch is over, it's time to reveal the last game! But before that, there's good news for all of you who didn't make it into the finals! This is just a sports festival! So we've prepared recreational games that everyone can participate in, too! We've even brought real cheerleaders from America to liven things up!

But then, everyone caught sight of the people already in the arena. To your side was the treasures of Mineta's gamble. All of 1A's girls, dressed in matching cheerleader outfits. Six of them standing idly in embarrassment, with one hidden behind them.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* Huh? What's the matter, Class A? What kind of fan service is that?

Yaoyorozu: Mineta! Kaminari! You tricked us, didn't you!?

Mineta turned around to give Kaminari a thumbs up, only to see him cowering back with a face of dread.

Mineta: What's the deal with you? We pulled it off, and up til recently, you've been just as excited as I am! What gives?

Kaminari then points his trembling finger behind the six cheerleaders.

Kaminari: H-Her!

Suddenly, from behind Yaoyorozu and Uraraka, Pom Pom covered hands are put on each of their shoulders.

???: Mineta and Kaminari, Huh?

Mineta only watched as both realisation and your words from earlier echoed in his head.

(Y/N): And she'll inform all the girls in the class?

Mineta: H-How could I...

???: There's a clear lesson to be taught here...

Mineta: ...Have forgotten about her!?

Suddenly, Yaoyorozu and Uraraka are shoved to the side, revealing Nokogiri in the flashy attention seeking cheerleader outfit. Her bright blush of embarrassment was significantly outshined by the now bright red glow of her devilish eyes, striking fear into just about everyone.

Nokogiri: YA DON'T TRY AND MAKE A FOOL OUT OF A SCOTTISH, YA SOON TO BE DEAD FOCKIN SHIT STAIN LOOKIN TWATS!!!

She quickly sprinted forward at the two boys who set her up, with full intent to kill. Both Kaminari and Mineta fell over backwards as the most dangerous and lethal cheerleader on the planet rushed full speed at them. However, she was quickly intercepted by you, holding up your arm as a shield. She slammed into your arm, right before she could reach the cowering Mineta. You then hold her in place with your one arm.

Nokogiri: Hey! I'm not through with them yet!

(Y/N): Are you kidding? Look at em.

You look over your shoulder, seeing the life drained from both boys after witnessing that near death experience.

(Y/N): I think you've had your fun. I mean, I have at least.

But Nokogiri wasn't done yet. She smirked sinisterly as she locked eyes with the frightened Mineta.

Nokogiri: When I crush your grape lookin head into the ground, will it splatter wine instead of blood!?

(Y/N): A good question!... For later.

You then carry her away from the scared duo.

Nokogiri: What do you mean later!? Now!

As Mineta and Kaminari watched in relief that Nokogiri was taken care of, the blonde looked over to his twisted friend.

Kaminari: *weakly* Was it worth it?

Mineta: Looking back... In a way...

He thinks back to Nokogiri's vicious charge towards him, looking back at one of the few positives that only he could see. The glorious sight of her premium medium chest going up and down in her cheerleader top as she ran. Mineta faintly smirked.

Mineta: ...Yes.

With the crisis averted, you continued carrying Nokogiri until you were sure nobody was gonna die. Before long, an important question came to mind.

(Y/N): So... are you gonna keep that on to cheer for me by any chance?

Nokogiri: Shut up, or it'll be the last thing you see!

(Y/N): ...Not the worst way to go out, not gonna lie.

After all that was taken care of, things were now going back to business. Of course, 1A's girls were stuck with being in their cheerleader outfits for the time being, much to most of their dismay.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* Alright everyone! Let's have fun competing in the recreational games!

Suddenly, from the screens above, a bracket system was projected. For the final round. Sixteen vacant spots: One winner.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* When that's over, the sixteen from the four teams that made it to the final round will duke it out tournament style, one on one!

Kirishima: The last round is a tournament where we fight one-on-one, huh? I'm gonna stand on the stage that I watch every year on TV!

Ashido: Was it a tournament last year?

Sero: It's different every year, but there's a one-on-one competition every year.

(Y/N): Usually around beating everyone senseless. It was a sports chanbara tournament with Quirks permitted last year, right?

Sero: Yeah. It was chaotic, that's for sure.

Suddenly calling out, all students turn their attention to Midnight.

Midnight: Now, let's draw lots to determine the bracket. Once the bracket is determined, we'll have the recreational games and then start! The sixteen finalists can choose whether or not they want to participate in the recreation. I'm sure some of you want to rest or save your strength. Now, from the first place team-

???: Um...! Excuse me.

Everyone turns to the interrupting voice. Through the crowds, you saw the person as someone in your class. You remember hearing his name was Ojiro.

Ojiro: I'm withdrawing.

Everyone gasps in shock from the unexpected turn of events.

Midoriya: Ojiro, why?

Iida: This is a rare chance for pros to see you!

Ojiro: I barely remember anything from the cavalry battle until almost the end. I think it was that guys Quirk.

Seeing where he was looking, you saw it was that General Studies guy. Shinso, according to Present Mic last game. He diverted his gaze when he caught people looking his way. But even doing so, a pair of purple eyes locked on to him. Through the crowds, Chikara glared with killer intent.

Chikara: *quietly* Tail guys story... matches a small bit with what happened to us.

Everyone around Ojiro turned back to him as he continued.

Ojiro: I know that this is a great chance and that it's foolish to waste it... But- Everyone here competed by giving their all! I can't... I can't be up there with everyone without knowing what really happened.

Hagakure: You're worrying too much about it! You should just make sure you produce results in the finals!

Ashido: If you're gonna say that, I didn't do anything either.

Ojiro: *covering face* Thats not it... I'm talking about my pride here... I can't... Also, why are you guys wearing cheerleader outfits?

Nokogiri: ...Scum of the Earth.

Suddenly, another student steps forward. A boy with a more rounded body and with light blue hair.

???: I'm Nirengeki Shoda from Class B. I also want to withdraw for the same reason. Regardless of ability, don't you think it goes against the goal of this sports festival for those who didn't do anything to move onto the final round?

Kirishima: *tearing up* What's with these guys!? They're so manly!

After small moment of silence, everyone turns to Midnight to hear her final say.

Midnight: Youthful talk like that is something... *cracks whip* ...I like! Shoda! Ojiro! I accept your withdrawal!

Everyone: She decided based on her tastes...

(Y/N): *in head* Those two... I hope they get recognised by someone for this.

Midnight: In that case, we'll have to move up two people from the fifth place cavalry battle team.

That team being Kendo and her group. But she said otherwise.

Kendo: If that's what's going to happen, then rather than us, who messed up on our own accord in the cavalry battle, it should be them, right?

She looks to her former teammates seeking approval. She got quick nods from ghostly girl and mushroom girl. But Tokage was a little more hesitant. She suddenly began looking around, before unexpected locking eyes with you. You only raise an eyebrow as she looks away, before nodding in approval to Kendo.

Kendo: The ones who fought to the end and stayed in the top, Team Tetsutetsu, right?

Sakamoto: Huh?

Tetsutetsu: Kendo...!

Kendo: This isn't collusion or anything. It just makes sense.

Tetsutetsu: Y-You guys!

Midnight: If your team insists, then it's only up to Tetsutetsu and his team to decide who gets moved up!

Sakamoto: W-Wait, when I said that I was pissed about losing, I didn't expect to be handed a spot out of pity!

Tetsutetsu: Well we better figure something out! We're holding up all the other games! Why don't we do some arm wrestling or something to see who go-

Chikara: *menacingly* I'm going.

The rest of the group turn in shock to the sudden interruption.

Chikara: I'm going up there, and I'll prove my worth.

Honenuki: Huh!? Your worth?

Sakamoto: This again? You babbled on about that after the cavalry battle already! What gives?

Chikara: ...We had victory snatched at the last minute. We got robbed of an opportunity to prove ourselves to the world. But me and Sakamoto... we've been robbed of our chance to prove ourselves to our own class. Haven't we?

Sakamoto: ...I guess.

Chikara: I don't know about you, but to me, if this chance slips... how can I really know how good I am. I was only a support for Sakamoto. I was only a distraction for Honenuki. I was only some flashy horse for Tetsutetsu.

He then looks up at the vacant bracket system above.

Chikara: I refuse to hold down my new class.

Tetsutetsu: *tearing up* What's with this guy? He's so manly!

Honenuki: I suppose that settles the first slot. Sakamoto, you feel the same way?

Sakamoto: Not on that scale. Besides, like I said to Kendo earlier, I had my fun. One-on-one battles on a flat land aren't exactly my speciality anyway.

Honenuki: Then the last spot is all yours, Tetsutetsu.

Tetsutetsu: Me!?

Sakamoto: Well, had it not been for General course prick, you would've led us to victory! Even Kendo and her team said so.

Tetsutetsu: R-Right! Then it's settled!

Confirming their choices to Midnight, the finalists are once again complete.

Midnight: And so, Tetsutetsu and Chikara have moved up to make sixteen! And this is the bracket based on the result of the drawing!

The bracket of the final round of the sports festival lights up above with their final results.

Izuku Midoriya VS Hitoshi Shinso

Shoto Todoroki VS Hanta Sero

(Y/N) (L/N) VS Asahi Chikara

Tenya Iida VS Hatsume Mei

Yuga Aoyama VS Mina Ashido

Fumikage Tokoyami VS Momo Yaoyorozu

Ejiro Kirishima VS Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

Katsuki Bakugo VS Ochaco Uraraka

All finalists see who they're fighting against. Some are cocky, some are terrified. Some are confused, and some are just annoyed. You however, are a little worried. Your opponent is Asahi Chikara. You were both the highest performers in the re-entrance exam, yet you, nor anyone else could put together who would win in a fight.

???: (L/N).

You turn towards the cold and familiar voice.

(Y/N): Well how convenient.

Chikara: We've never compared ourselves to each other, have we?

(Y/N): I... suppose we haven't.

Chikara: Then this will be our chance. By luck, or even fate, the two newest people in the Hero Course are battling it out.

He spoke with a new fire in him. He never spoke with this much... determination.

Chikara: (L/N). This may be the best chance of settling who's better.

(Y/N): Yeah. I say bring it on.

Chikara: ...As do you.

In his usual cold self, he walks off without another word. You only watched as the black haired boy left.

(Y/N): *in head* Chikara. I don't know exactly where you come from, or why you're here... but from what I've seen, we're the same, you and I. We both want to prove ourselves in one way or another. But when that time comes where we fight...

(Y/N)/Chikara: There'll only be one winner.

Suddenly, the tournament bracket disappears, replaced with the word Recreation.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* All right! Let's leave the tournament aside for a momentary interlude! Let's have fun with the recreation!

As some of the more positive girls of 1A followed through in being cheerleaders, Nokogiri threw her pom poms to the ground as she stormed off.

Nokogiri: I hate everyone now...

And so, the recreational games began. The opening game was a scavenger hunt. Strangely enough, you thought it would be easy enough, and wouldn't be taxing whatsoever. It's a game that shouldn't be too hard...

IS WHAT I WOULD SAY if you didn't have a pretty unrealistic "item" to find on your card. You wandered around aimlessly looking down at your designated card.

(Y/N): This has to be some kind of joke card... No way can I ask anyone for this! Bet whoever wrote this is having the time of their life!

You continued wandering around along the edge of the stadium, planning on just giving up on the ridiculous requirement.

Until someone came up from behind and covered your eyes with their hands.

???: Boo! Again!

You felt around your face, feeling that the hands covering your eyes... weren't connected to anything.

(Y/N): Y'know, I really shouldn't be surprised anymore...

You then remove the hands from your face, holding on to them as you turn around.

(Y/N): ...Tokage.

The lizard like girl snickers as her curly dark green hair bounced with her. Suddenly, her hands shot out from yours, and reattached themselves to her wrists.

(Y/N): It's a lot more relieving seeing you in your entirety... and not trying to attack me.

Tokage: Oh come on, that's just how the games work! Speaking of which... that's what you're doing?

(Y/N): Hmm? Oh yeah. This dumb scavenger hunt. One person needs to find a textbook, another one has to find a cat, Yada yada.

Tokage: And you've got?

(Y/N): Uhh... nothing that can be found here.

Tokage: Eh, I wouldn't be too sure, whatever it is.

(Y/N): ...You'd be surprised. Anyway, I was just about to give up on this game and do whatever.

Tokage: Hmm. Alright! Let's do it!

(Y/N): Huh?

Tokage: Well, I said earlier we should catch up later when we had time. Now that you've supposedly got impossible goals now, and most of my class is busy with these recreational games, why not now?

(Y/N): Oh? So we're no longer mortal enemies?

Tokage: Oh right! We're supposed to hate each other! I forgot!

(Y/N): *laughs* Says who?

Tokage: Oh you know, just some blonde loudmouth who won't shut up about war and fighting each other.

(Y/N): Oh hey, we got one of those too!

She wheezes to herself, before you join in laughing. Before long, Tokage gets an idea.

Tokage: Lets start again then! As... no longer mortal enemies! My name is Setsuna Tokage!

(Y/N): *chuckles* No longer mortal enemies. Alright then. The name's (Y/N) (L/N).

You then shake hands as you look into each others eyes.

(Y/N): Lets ditch this place.

Tokage: Right behind you, (L/N)!

You then walk off with Tokage behind you to find an exit out of the stadium. Chucking the card with your objective over your shoulder, it lands face up on the grass, showing off what you were tasked to find.

"Love"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 1.8K 52
This is the continuation of The Emperor's Dragon (Wattpad can only have 200 chapters in a fic) It didn't start when All Might told Izuku Midoriya tha...
6.2K 174 47
Hazaezal Jones is a complicated individual with an even more complicated quirk. After causing a major accident at her last school and spending months...
29K 685 38
(DISCLAIMER: I do not own My Hero Academia or its characters. It's clear in the title that this is a fan fiction, with some OCs (characters' kids and...
14.6K 274 39
You, Izuku Midoriya, and Katsuki Bakugo all grew up together. You all lived close together and were friends. Izuku was always friendly and supportive...