Redline (My Hero Academia Mal...

By chimera9119

**OUTDATED AND BEING REWRITTEN, MORE DETAILS IN THE FIRST CHAPTER** "Moving forward, take these words to hear... More

Opportunity of a lifetime
Not so simple
The next step
The path stretches on
Discord
Starting line
Showdown
The Knight and the... Lizard?
Our Inspirations
Fight on!
The Joust
Sparks of Red
Where to next?
The Kinetic Hero

Magic Spear

3K 99 105
By chimera9119

On the day of the U.A sports festival, people across Japan make the time to watch this annual event. The streets of many cities quiet down as people ranging from civilians to Pro Heroes dedicate their attention to the next generation of Heroes. The perfect opportunity for less than reputable people to go from point A to B without issue.

At the top floor of an apartment complex, the doors of an elevator slid open to reveal the fancy penthouse that overlooked one of Japan's coastal cities: Farbanti City. Stepping out of the elevator, a man in a maroon camo coat, short black hair and mutton chop side burns looked over his shoulder and glared with his yellow eyes.

???: Welcome to your new home fellas-

But he got quickly interrupted, as the white haired man Angelo pushed him aside and spun around in awe as he admired the penthouse.

Angelo: Now this is what I call an evil lair!

???: Evil? *dejected* It's not that bad...

???2: He's just messing around.

Following Angelo, stepped out Kusatta. The wire infested girl watched beside the coated man as Angelo ran around and admired everything about the penthouse.

Kusatta: Besides... he's the most childish out of everyone here, making him your only problem.

Freezing in place, Angelo twists his head towards Kusatta.

Angelo: Hey, can you cut me some slack here? We've been in hiding for weeks, and you expect me not to get all excited about a decent place for once?

???3: He's right you know.

The last person to exit the elevator was the masked and thorny Villain: Discord.

Discord: We finally got the opportunity to lay low in a safe spot at last. Let us relish the moment, even for a little while.

Kusatta: *scoffs* Fine.

The red haired girl quickly followed after Angelos, who was already back to exploring.

Discord: That being said though...

The skull mask turned towards the red camo figure, menacingly.

Discord: Pasternak. As appreciative as this is, you create another lead to our discovery. We've dealt with traitors and loose ends before, even those hidden in Tartarus. Your army won't save you if you let us down.

Pasternak: *raising arms defensively* Hey, hey, my lips are sealed. But should you really go threatening the guy letting you live here rent free?

Discord: *chuckle* Fair enough.

Clapping his hands together, Pasternak calls out to the two other Villains, who both looked like they were about to battle to the death.

Pasternak: Soldiers!

Angelo and Kusatta turned to Pasternak in confusion.

Pasternak: Oh... shit, force of habit. Uhh... Roommates? Anyway, this penthouse still has three spare rooms. They're all yours respectively. And boss, I bought out the floor beneath us recently. Whatever you plan for this dream of ours to come true, that's where I recommend you work.

Discord: *nods* Well, I'll get right to looking around then.

Pasternak: Now, I've got a contract that I need to discuss to my client to about, so I'll be out for a bit. *walking backwards to the elevator* So make yourselves at home.

Soon enough, Pasternak left the Villain trio to the penthouse.

Kusatta: Couldn't have shown us around?

Discord: He's the head of a PMC. Of course he doesn't have the time.

Angelo: Yeah grumpy! You should be on your knees thanking him for a roof over your head!

Kusatta: *scoffs* Grow up.

As the two villains continued arguing with each other, Discord silently walked by them towards the penthouses balcony. Sliding the glass door open, the masked villain stepped out into the open wind. Leaning forward over the balcony, Discord took a deep breath as he looked over the coastal city below. It was... calming... yet somewhat eerie. Overlooking those beneath him with a Quirk that could change a life in an instant.

Discord: *quietly* I know what I fight for is right... but this... makes me feel like...

Flashes of a dying rose in the dark flicker as the villain closes his eyes. Bright red petals greying up and withering away as a man in a suit reached down towards it, leaving behind its thorny stem as the figures hand drew closer...

Suddenly, the thorns on Discord's arm grew a bright green glow as he shook his head from his thoughts.

Discord: No... we're not the same.

The glow of his Quirk dimmed quickly as he turned back from the view.

Discord: Only one of us is a monster.

Re-entering the penthouse, it was far more quiet than before... sorta. Angelo was already resting on the living rooms couch... as usual. He was fiddling around with the T.V as his boss passed by.

Discord: I'm getting straight to work downstairs. Yell if you need me.

Angelo: *not even looking* Yeah Yeah, I gotcha.

He was about to call the elevator up again, until the sound of triumphant music began playing from the T.V. Turning his head in confusion, Discord saw what Angelo put on.

Angelo: Oh yeah! I forgot this was on today!

Poking her head out of a room to the side, Kusatta walked back out into the living room again upon hearing that music.

Kusatta: The U.A sports festival? I thought you hated everything to do with Heroes entirely?

Angelo: Oh, don't get me wrong, I do. But even if I don't like what it stands for, it's still a banger to watch every year!

The red haired villain looks over her shoulder towards Discord.

Kusatta: *smugly* He's fanboying.

Discord: Riiight... I'll be downstairs.

Discord calls up the elevator once more and enters it upon its arrival. As Kusatta watched him leave, she suddenly heard the sound of light humming.

Angelo: *gesturing to spot beside him* Hmmmmmm?

She only glared at him as he picked up his effort.

Angelo: *making the sound of a speeding car* Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Suddenly, her hair began rising as it burned a bright red. Nanomachines begin emitting from her body as she pulled off a menacing glare that would kill. Angelo merely sat in silence, wondering if his next move was worth it. Until...

Angelo: *making the sound of that one dickhead revving his engine in the middle of the night. You know who you are* HMMMMMMMMMMMM? HMMMMMMMMMMMM?
HMMMMMMMMMMMM?

She gave up. Kusatta sat herself next to Angelo, who made one final hum of approval.

Kusatta: Don't make me regret this.

The two villains watched as the Sports festival began, with the many classes entering the stadium. Surely, nobody would stand out to them whatsoever.

———————————————-

Fireworks continued going off above you as your new class took in the sight of the many onlookers.

Present Mic: *over loudspeaker* The U.A sports festival! The huge battle where fledgling heroes sharpen their swords once a year! Anyway, these are the guys, right!? The miraculous new stars who overcame enemy attacks with their hearts of steel! Hero course, class 1A, right!?

Looking around at everyone watching your class, you shuddered as you all approached the centre of the stadium.

(Y/N): What is constant attention if not unbearable discomfort?

Nokogiri: Speak for yourself, I haven't fought any proper villains yet, despite what loud mouth up there says.

Beside your class was your supposed rivals in the Hero course. Although knowing only two people there, right now, you got nothing but enemies in the class.

Present Mic: *over loudspeaker* They haven't been getting as much airtime, but this class is also full of talent! Hero course, Class 1B!

Chikara: As I thought... we got the short end of the stick.

Sakamoto: Oh chin up. He'll change his mind by the end of all this.

Soon enough, both Hero course classes were followed by the rest of the first years.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* Next up, General studies classes C, D, and E! Support course, classes F, G, and H are here too! And business course, classes I, J, and K!

(Y/N): *in head* One of those are not like the others.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* All of U.A's first year's are here now!

Before long, the hundreds of first years gathered in front of a stage, with an... interesting Pro Hero on top.

Midnight: Time for the player pledge!

Kirishima: What is Ms Midnight wearing?

Kaminari: Thats an R rated Hero for you.

(Y/N): Could've worn something more appropriate as the first year umpire.

Tokoyami: Is it okay for her to be at a high school even though she's R rated?

Mineta: Yes!

Midnight: Quiet, everyone! Representing the students is Katsuki Bakugo of Class 1A!

(Y/N): Eh!?

With gasps all around, Bakugo made his way through the crowds towards the stage. Meanwhile, you slowly sunk down into a squat as you started panicking internally. You knew him long enough to realise the mistake Midnight is making.

(Y/N): oh god oh fuck we're so dead

Midoriya: What? It's Kacchan?

Sero: That guy did finish first in the entrance exam.

Bakugo then made it up to the stage and stood in front of the mic. Everyone stood in silence, awaiting what's meant to be a pledge. But after declaring war on him... you already pictured what it'll be like. You brace yourself.

Bakugo: I pledge- That I'll be number one.

Everyone disliked that.

1A: I knew he'd do that!

Everyone immediately began booing at him, while you stared down at the ground in dread.

(Y/N): I created a monster...

Iida: Why are you doing something so disgraceful!?

Bakugo: At least become a nice bouncy step for me to jump off of.

Joining the students with 100+ new enemies, Bakugo, along with the other first years watch as the games are about to start.

Midnight: Now, let's get started right away! The first game is what you call a qualifier! Every year many drink their tears here!

Suddenly, with the crack of her whip, a large screen appeared behind Midnight, showing a spinning selection of potential qualifier games.

Midnight: Now, here is the fateful first game! This year, it's...

The spinner stops on an option. Looking up at it, you began to chuckle lightly as you smirked brightly.

Midnight: ...This!

Midoriya: An obstacle course race.

Sero: Aaand we've lost.

Midoriya: Huh?

Sero: You'll see.

Midnight: All 11 classes will participate in this race. The course will be the outer circumference of this stadium. About four kilometres! Our schools selling point is freedom!

Wondering what Sero meant with what he said, Midoriya glanced around to see what he meant.

Midnight: As long as you stay on the course...

Suddenly, he heard light chuckling. Coming from you.

Midnight: It doesn't matter what you do!

(Y/N): *cracking knuckles* That's all I needed to hear.

Smol timeskip.

All 224 students (yes I did the math) stood at the starting gate of the obstacle course.

(Y/N): *in head* Looking realistically, this is only the qualifier. I don't need number one to make it through... but with this many people... I can't fall too far behind. Wait! The amount of people!

You glance at the gate. Looking at its size, there was no way people would just flow through it effortlessly. The width was too small.

You then take a few steps back, thinking over the best approach. You can't go through with your Quirk without injuring others. You can't go under... for obvious reasons. But...

Suddenly, the first green light of the gate went out. But as everyone anxious awaited the sign to go, you simply made your way past everyone towards the back, getting some confused looks.

The second light goes out. Now behind everyone, you turn around and await the all clear.

(Y/N): Can't go under it. Can't go through.

Your kinetic plating activates over your body, as you look up at the ceiling of the tunnel leading out of the stadium.

The final light goes out.

Midnight: Start!

Everyone quickly bolts forward through the gate and into the funnel... Except you. You got into a running position as the area ahead of you cleared. Energy gathered around your legs as you smirked.

(Y/N): But I can fly over you like a javelin!

Letting out enough force to launch you into the sky, you rocket towards the top of the funnel, over the crowd of pushing and shoving students. Correcting yourself, you guide yourself towards the side and begin running across the wall, while sparingly using stored energy to keep you up and moving.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* Play by play hasn't even started yet, and we're already seeing some action!

Running along the wall, people were shoving and complaining about the funnel being too narrow. Some others also complained about your method of travel.

General studies student: Hey! That guy's cheating, right!?

(Y/N): Hey, the rules said anything's fair game!

Shame you weren't the only one following that.

Suddenly, the air around you drastically dropped in temperature. A cooling mist shot forward from the rear of the group towards the exit of the tunnel, encasing just about everything in a layer of ice. The walls froze quickly, with the frost catching up to you instantly, freezing your hand and feet to the wall.

(Y/N): The hell!?

Passing through the ground, the peppermint looking boy, Shoto Todoroki, ran past the now stuck participants. But not everyone would be contained for long. Releasing kinetic from your body, you shattered the ice instantly and soared over the crowd, and into the open sky of outside. You weren't the only one able to though, as your classmates were able to escape or avoid the frost.

Yaoyorozu: Naive, Todoroki!

The frost emitting boy turned his head behind him, seeing the varying students catching up.

(Y/N): You really thought you could get away with a cheap shot like that!?

Bakugo: I won't let you get away so easily! You half-and-half bastard!

Setting off explosions in his palms, Bakugo rockets forward. However, looking below from your height, you saw that the ground was encased in a thin layer of ice.

(Y/N): Jackpot!

You let yourself fall down towards the ground, before landing on the ice on your knees. Kinetic energy you lost to escape the original ice generation was made up with the landing. Sliding on the ice, you direct a small burst of energy from your back, propelling you forward.

(Y/N): Big mistake on your part, Todoroki...

You then create a light shockwave from each of your knees, bringing you up onto your feet. Sliding across the frozen ground, you aim your hands behind you.

(Y/N): You just gave me one hell of a boost pad!

You then let out enough energy from your hands to maintain a fast, yet consistent speed to stay ahead of the masses. Soon enough, only Todoroki was ahead of you. You nearly caught up to him, until a loud voice echoed behind you two.

Mineta: I've outwitted you, Todoroki! How pathetic!

(Y/N): *thoughts* I'm here too...

Soaring above from bouncing off of his hair ball thingamajigs, he readies his ultimate move that will definitely work out in his favour.

Mineta: Take this! My special attack! Gra-

It did not work out in his favour. A familiar green metal struck him midair, stopping everyone as they watched the small boy get flung by a familiar enemy.

(Y/N): Oh great...

One pointer: Targets found... Lots!

Midoriya: The faux villains from the entrance exam?

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* Obstacles have shown up suddenly! Starting with... the first barrier! Robo Inferno!

You look across the field, seeing the varying robots you fought in two different exams, including the towering zero pointers.

(Y/N): I thought the obstacles would be less... violent... uhh.

You then spot the green haired kid Midoriya.

(Y/N): Hey... I heard you took down one of those zero pointers in one blow... can you do that twelve more times?

Midoriya: HUH!? NO!

People behind you were murmuring in fear, until Todoroki spoke to himself.

Todoroki: So this is what they used in the general entrance exam?

One of the zero pointers reached its hand towards the crowd. You had to get past somehow. But you couldn't figure out how. Suddenly, once more, the air around you chilled, as ice and frost began gathering around Todoroki. He muttered something quietly, but that didn't matter when he swung his hand at the approaching zero pointer, sending a mass of ice up the robots arm, and freezing it entirely.

(Y/N): Damn... that's a recommended student for you.

He then sprinted between the legs of the now frozen beast.

Student: He stopped them! Between their legs! We can get through!

You almost listened to them, but it couldn't be that easy. This was a competitive race after all.

Todoroki: I wouldn't if I were you. I froze them when they were unbalanced. They'll fall over.

Quickly after those words, the zero pointer quickly collapsed in front of all of you, kicking dust into the air as Todoroki pressed on. From the dust though, the smaller robots emerged to face those ahead of them.

(Y/N): *in head* Dammit! We're getting nowhere!

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* The first one through the first barrier is Shoto Todoroki from class 1A!

The rest of the robots were closing in. You couldn't exactly wave off all of the robots like it was nothing, so you dropped into a low fighting stance. Kinetic plating shimmered over your body as you were about to attack, until you heard crashing and banging coming from the fallen over zero pointer. Crashing through the frozen over metal was the unstoppable Kirishima, covered in hardened skin.

Kirishima: Like I'd die!

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* Kirishima from class 1A was underneath! That's crazy!

Kirishima: That bastard, Todoroki. He timed it on purpose so it'd be right when they fell.

(Y/N): Oi, Kirishima! You alright!?

Kirishima: Yeah! But if it hadn't been me, someone would've died!

But then, from right beside him, something else was busting through the zero pointer.

???: That Class A...

Crashing through the frozen over metal was the unstoppable... silver haired guy from 1B that you didn't know, covered in metal.

???: ...really is filled with bastards!

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* Tetsutetsu from 1B was also underneath! That's crazy!

Tetsutetsu: If it hadn't been me, someone would've died!

They both began bolting up the collapsed zero pointer up ahead.

(Y/N): You can hardly tell them apart, can you?

But then, Bakugo shot up with his explosion Quirk to go over both the remaining robots and the collapsed zero pointer, to tackle one of the live colossal robots. Suddenly, Sero ran past you, following after Bakugo.

Sero: See you at the finish line!

Shooting himself upward with his tape, Tokoyami quickly followed. You however, only shook your head.

(Y/N): It's not an obstacle course with only one trick to it.

With your arms behind your head, you slowly stroll towards the approaching robots.

(Y/N): *in head* With a Quirk like mine, I can just play it leisurely, catch a few eyes from the higher ups, and let everyone else trigger whatever lies ahead. After all, that's what we're here for, right? To gain attention from Pro Heroes? And then...

The varying robots charged all in one go as you approached them. But then, you shoot out a menacing glare as your kinetic plating activated.

(Y/N): I'll snatch first place at the last second!

You then rocket forward towards the robots, propelling energy to perform a spinning kick to knock the head off of a one pointer, before grabbing hold of its loose head and throwing it blindly at the eye of another. Stunned, you leap forward and put the one pointer in a headlock, before letting out energy from both your forearm and bicep to decapitate it.

With no time to lose, you move to your next target. As it speeded towards you, you jumped to the side at the last second, and blasted it into the ground as it passed.

(Y/N): *in head* Gotta keep moving.

Charging further into the Robo Inferno, you duck and weave past the many robots until only one of the smaller robots was in front of you. A lone one pointer. You then notice a small piece of scrap left behind from a recently destroyed robot, small enough to fit into your palm, right beside the robot. Smirking, you drop down and slide on your knees, dodging the swing of the drone and grabbing the scrap green metal, you spin around and aim your shot.

(Y/N): This ones gotta count!

Charging forward, the wheeled robot was fast approaching.

One pointer: Enemy must not pass!

(Y/N): You say that like you haven't lost yet!

With a boost of energy, you hurl the piece of metal directly through the one pointers eye, and puncturing right through its head, creating a hole you can see right through. Before it could collapse, you quickly drop kick it through the robots that you passed earlier.

(Y/N): I just hope this credits for something.

Dusting yourself off, a lone General studies student was about to run past you, until suddenly skidding to a halt.

General studies student: T-The zero pointer!

(Y/N): Hmm?

Looking over your shoulder, you just noticed that one of the zero pointers drew a lot closer.

(Y/N): Oh that could be a problem. Not sure if I could bring the beast down... but it could be a great way to catch some eyes.

The colossal robot reached its hand down towards you both. But the student beside you looked shocked from your statement.

General studies student: Huh!? Is this all a game of glory to you!?

With one final check on your remaining energy, you prepare yourself for your next move. Kinetic energy gathered around your back and your legs as you smirked.

(Y/N): You bet it is!

You then launch up towards the zero pointers hand, flying between its fingers, before landing and running up the giants arm. Leaping from there, you corrected yourself mid flight and landed on the head of the beast. Suddenly, the zero pointer shook violently, as an explosion struck the base of its head. Looking back down, you saw who was responsible. Momo Yaoyorozu: 1A's other recommended student. Beside her was... a canon? You never really found out what her Quirk was.

But that was beside the point. Whatever that canon did, it's sending the zero pointer you were on falling forwards. Sprinting on top of its head, you leapt from the edge and continued running along the back of the falling monstrosity, before making one final backflip off the zero pointer as it crashed into the ground.

Landing with a roll across the ground, you got up and sent a minuscule blast across your entire body to blow away and dust and dirt.

(Y/N): How's a stunt like that gonna look like in the eyes of a Hero?

Looking around, you saw that everyone else managed to make it past the zero pointers thanks to Yaoyorozu.

Sato: The path is clear!

You quickly joined in following the mass, and making it past the first obstacle. As you ran, you spot a few familiar faces. Midoriya was carrying a large chunk of scrap under his arm... for some reason. Yaoyorozu was showing off her secret hypnotism Quirk by having her top undone, and the familiar rivals of 1B, Sakamoto and Chikara were amongst the crowd as well. Other than that, most people you knew were either with you, or further up ahead. Except...

(Y/N): Where's Nokogiri?

Other than her, surely you're not forgetting anyone else.

Right?

Mere minutes ago

A lone one pointer swung blindly at Denki Kaminari, but he simply jumped over the attack and generated enough electricity from his body to deactivate the robot.

Kaminari: Gotta stay focused, no matter wha-

Suddenly, a two pointer was sent flying towards his direction, still alive. An invisible force making the robot fly towards the boy at a dangerous speed. He didn't have time to dodge, instead, as it drew near, he let out far more voltage to make the more powerful drone short circuit and explode before it could hit him. Alas, the two pointer wasn't the only thing that short circuited...

Kaminari: *thumbs up* wheeeeey...

From where the drone originally came from, a pair of purple eyes watched the blonde walk around aimlessly with his thumbs up. Asahi Chikara, with his arm out, lowered his hand as the blue ring over his palm dimmed out into nothing.

Chikara: Not the original plan... but one less enemy to deal with none the less.

Present

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* Hey, hey! The first barrier's a piece of cake? Then what about the second?

As you ran and listened to the commentary, you rolled your eyes.

(Y/N): What could be worse than killer robots?

Suddenly, everyone ahead of you stopped. Cursing yourself, you tried peeking over everyones shoulders.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* If you fall, you're out! If you don't wanna fall, then crawl! It's "The Fall"!!!

You overlooked the many pillars connected by ropes that loomed over a seemingly bottomless pit.

(Y/N): Pits straight to Hell... that'll do it.

Others were quick to action, such as a frog like girl from your class, and some pink haired mad scientist from the Support course. You couldn't be so rash this game though. You chewed up most of your energy going up and over the earlier zero pointer. And you'll have to be ready for whatever the final obstacle is.

So you got straight to it. You climbed across the larger gaps and leaped over the smaller ones. What else is there to say? This is the least thrilling part of the race, I'm not gonna put that much effort in describing how (Y/N) goes between pillars. The anime doesn't even stay on this part for more than three minutes!

Anyway, you clear "The Fall" majestically (trust me) and continue forward. As you ran towards the final obstacle, Present Mic's commentary continued.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* And now, we've quickly arrived at the final barrier! The reality here is... that it's a minefield!

(Y/N): *in head* A minefield!? Just say you're trying to kill us!

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* It's set up so you can tell where the mines are if you look carefully! So you have to exploit your eyes and legs! By the way, these landmines are for games, so they're not that powerful, but they're loud and flashy enough to make you wet your pants!

You then slow down to a light jog after hearing that, quickly formulating a plan.

(Y/N): *in head* If that's the case, then the people ahead will still make slip ups every now and then. I don't know how powerful those mines are, but it's too much of a gamble to just run in blind.

As you neared the minefield, Present Mic called out once more.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* And now, we've got someone new in the lead! Rejoice, mass media! It's the kind of development you guys love!

You then stop as you reach the final obstacle. Pink explosions littered the field before you as people were sent flying up into the sky gracefully.

(Y/N): *in head* Take your time, conserve and build up energy, and go full throttle in the final stretch. Master plan, just gotta see it through.

Present Mic: *through loudspeaker* In the lead are Bakugo and Todoroki! They'll get through the last barrier soon!

Either one of those two were gonna win, no doubt about it. It was all about qualifying in this part of the tournament anyway, so you'll get your chance to face off against Bakugo further ahead. You declared war on him for a reason.

But for now, you slowly began making your way through the minefield. Although Present Mic was right about the mines sticking out if you looked hard enough... something wasn't right. Plenty of them look like they got dug out of the ground. Still, all was going according to plan... Until you saw him in the corner of your eye.

You were so focussed on what was right in front of you, that you didn't see what you just passed: A pile of landmines. Setting them off would be far worse than stepping on any other mine. And running towards them, shielded with the scrap they carried the entire race: Izuku Midoriya bolted towards the pile of mines and leapt towards them.

Midoriya: I'm gonna borrow your idea, Kacchan! Super explosive speed turbo-

Only at the last moment did the two of you lock eyes, realising how dangerously close you were to the pile of mines. You didn't have time to dive away as Midoriya crashed onto the pile, setting then all off at once. And you were caught in ground zero.

The pink eruption engulfed you instantly, knocking you far ahead. When you finally hit the ground, you only landed on more mines, keeping you in the air. The streak in your hair glowed immensely. It was at its limit.

You managed to clear the entire minefield, sure. But when you struck the ground at last, your (F/C) kinetic plating flashed a bright, violent red, before shattering, and fading away.

Your Quirks biggest weakness showed itself. When your armour takes too much energy, without enough of it being expelled: it cracks, and disappears long enough for you to become extremely vulnerable.

Your barely conscious body tumbled across the ground as your vision got blurry, and your ears wouldn't stop ringing. You were laying on the ground, barely able to keep your eyes open. But you felt people run past you.

You had to get up... or you were out of the tournament.

You had to get up... or you were bound to get replaced.

You had to get up... or your dream would be gone for good.

Getting to your knees, you struggled to stand. With a heavy breath, you steadied yourself, clenched your fist and made one last yell against the world.

(Y/N): I'M NOT THROUGH JUST YET!

You then pushed yourself as hard as you could to run. Your Quirk can't help you now, it's just you and the finish line. Whatever announcements Present Mic made were meaningless, everything around you was silent. You kept running against all odds.

The final tunnel was right ahead. You ran and ran, until the final light engulfed your sight.

Present: *through loudspeaker* And now they're finishing one after anothe- Hey! (L/N) from class 1A managed to make it after such a heavy blow!? Crazy!

Making it into the stadium, you stopped in place and kneeled over, taking heavy breaths. You look around the stadium, seeing people from the crowds cheering as usual. Probably for whoever came first though.

???: Oi!

You then turn towards the familiar voice. You look to see that it was Chikara from 1B, joined by Sakamoto.

Chikara: You look like you're about to die.

(Y/N): *panting* I might as well... that blast could've killed me...

Chikara: That blast?

Sakamoto: Oh! The one that broccoli boy made?

(Y/N): Yeah... I was right next to it. Sent me across the minefield, but it shattered my kinetic plating in a near instant as a result.

Chikara: Well if you're worried about your placement, I don't think you were too far behind me.

(Y/N): Oh yeah? Where'd you place?

Chikara: Fourth.

You then hang your head down in sorrow.

(Y/N): I hope that means I did well enough to qualify. It's just... I messed up big time, and it cost me. I just hope it was worth pushing myself the way I did to finish the race.

Sakamoto: You'll be fine... maybe. If you're out, it's less of an issue for us, so win win.

Chikara: Rude. But also correct.

(Y/N): You two are just both painfully blunt, aren't you?

Sakamoto: Fine fine, we'll get outta your hair. You look like a mess anyway.

(Y/N): Thanks.

The duo left, before you collapsed onto the ground. Looking up at the sky, you let out a disappointed sigh.

(Y/N): This was meant to be my game...

Timeskip

Everyone was currently gathering towards the centre of the stadium once more, separating into their different classes. You walked next to Nokogiri, who didn't make a single appearance in the race.

(Y/N): And where were you?

Nokogiri: Nun ya fockin business.

(Y/N): ...Dead last?

Nokogiri: ...Yeah.

As you walked, you then felt something watching you. No... someone. You were about to ask Nokogiri, but she went ahead to avoid any more talk about her placement in the race. You were gonna follow after her, until a voice spoke out behind you.

???: Boo!

You quickly spin around, fist ready, until you stop yourself when you see... a floating head?

(Y/N): ...Did I really hit my head that hard?

???: No, but you almost hit mine!

The head chuckled to itself. It was a girls head, with long dark green hair, dusky green eyes, and sharp teeth.

???: You're the boy who lived the explosion?

(Y/N): Amongst other things, Yeah.

???: Thats amazing! Ever since that fight you had with that villain, I always wanted to meet you! But I never really had the chance. Guess being body-less and chatting on the go was the best chance I got to properly meet you!

(Y/N): There are so many options, and you picked this? Could've bumped into each other in a hallway or something.

???: Hey, our class is just as busy as yours! Plus, ain't that too cliche?

But then, you and the mystery girl saw that all the classes stopped, and Midnight was stepping on stage.

???: We should catch up some time later. See you later maybe?

(Y/N): Definitely. Maybe I might meet your legs, body and arms next time.

???: *wink* It's a promise.

The girls head quickly zoomed away, towards where 1B gathered. As you caught up with your own class, you couldn't help but wonder who that girl was.

(Y/N): *chuckle* Strange girl.

Soon enough, Midnight takes the stage.

Midnight: The first game of the first-year stage is finally over. Now, take a look at the results!

You held your breath as the leaderboard appeared on screen, before reading through to find your name.

1. Izuku Midoriya
2. Shoto Todoroki
3. Katsuki Bakugo
4. Asahi Chikara
5. Juzo Honenuki
6. Tenya Iida
7. Fumikage Tokoyami
8. Hanta Sero
9. Ejiro Kirishima
10. Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu
11. Mashirou Ojiro
12. Niko Sakamoto
13. Tsuyu Asui
14. Mezo Shoji
15. Rikido Sato
16. Ochaco Uraraka
17. Momo Yaoyorozu
18. Minoru Mineta
19. Mina Ashido
20. Koji Koda
21. Kyoka Jiro
22. Sen Kaibara
23. Kosei Tsuburaba
24. (Y/N) (L/N)
25. Kojiro Bondo
26. Reiko Yanagi
27. Hitoshi Shinsou
28. Itsuka Kendo
29. Jurota Shishida
30. Shihai Kuroiro
31. Yui Kodai
32. Hiryu Rin
33. Nirengeki Shoda
34. Kinoko Komori
35. Togaru Kamakiri
36. Neito Monoma
37. Pony Tsunotori
38. Toru Hagakure
39. Setsuna Tokage
40. Manga Fukidashi
41. Mei Hatsume
42. Yuga Aoyama

Midnight: The top 42 made it through to the next round. It's unfortunate, but don't worry even if you didn't make it! We've prepared other chances for you to shine. The real competition begins next! The press cavalry'll be all over it! Give it your all!

You made it, but you didn't have any time for relief. With the raise of her whip, the roulette of games appeared behind Midnight once more.

Midnight: Now then, here is the second game. I already know what it is, but what could it be? What could it be? I just said it, and now here it is...

The roulette stops. This game: not so much up your alley.

(Y/N): A cavalry battle... joy...

Midnight: Let me explain. The participants can form teams of two to four people as they wish. It's basically the same as a regular cavalry battle, but the one thing that's different is... based on the results of the last game, each player has been assigned a point value.

Sato: A point based system like the entrance exam, huh? That's easy to understand.

Uraraka: In other words, each team is worth different points depending on who's on the team!

Ashido: I see!

Midnight: You guys don't hold back even though I'm talking, huh!?

Scaring just about everyone who was murmuring, Midnight got back on track.

Midnight: Yes, that's right! And the points assigned go up by five starting from the bottom. So 42nd place gets five points, and 41st gets ten points!

(Y/N): *in head* Meaning I've got... 95. Is that good?

Midnight: And the point value assigned to first place is... ten million!

The participants all fall silent, before turning their gaze towards the boy sitting on ten million points. You especially. After what he did, intentional or not...

(Y/N): Midoriya... Time for payback.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 4.5K 45
A young girl starts off life as a puppet of her fathers, a villain known as Shade. She spends majority of her life being abused and living in a cage...
223K 5.1K 65
(*WARNING*: contains foul language, mature content I guess, and also cringe) (Y/n) (L/n) has a non average life with a rare confusing bunch of Quirks...
3.3M 97.2K 85
(𝚈/𝚗) (𝙻/𝚗) 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚔, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝...
630K 29.6K 91
"Love was so fucking cringey until I met you." You and your delinquent brother had been "troubled" kids, since the very beginning of it all. Before...