I'm a Costello

By _crazy_hooman_

•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very a... More

A/N
INTRODUCTION
(1) Monday is a bitch
(2) Secrets revealed
Characters (1)
(3) Finally home
(4) Meeting them
(5) Guilty
(6) Shopping
(7) More Brothers?!
Characters (3)
(8) Family from Italy
(10) Bonding {part two}
(11) Goodbye for now
(12) Emotional
(13) School
(14) Prank Day
(15) Texas
(16) Threat
Characters (4)
(17) Surprise!
(18) Scared
(19) Care
(20) Mafia?
(21) Captured
(22) Kidnapped
(23) Kidnapped (part 2)
(24) Revelations
Characters (5)
(25) Video
(26) Pain
(27) Attack
(28) Rescued
(29) Reunion
(30) Recovery
(31) Back to school
(32) Fight
(33) Argument
(34) Apology
(35) Cocky? Check.
(36) SURPRISE!
(37) Italy
(38) Italy (part 2)
(39) Birthday
(40) The Party
Characters (6)
(41) The Party ( part 2)
(42) Back Home
(43) Partners?!
(44) Project
(45) Dinner
(46) I like you
(47) Prank war
(48) Hostage
(49) Hostage (part 2)
(50) My entire family?
Epilogue
Bonus chapter (1)
Bonus chapter (2)
Thank you!
Sequel

(9) Bonding {part one}

92.1K 1.9K 2.1K
By _crazy_hooman_

Comment and vote!

[Valentina's POV]

It was safe to say that I was genuinely feeling the vibe of a strikingly new environment that had me feel totally out of place for a while. And I don't just mean the new house, city, or lifestyle. I mean the company. The large group of really elite people that fit perfectly into the dining room of this mansion.

Guess the purpose of the large dining table makes absolute sense to me now.

I've never had food amongst these many people who're literally just family, so to say that I was surprised by the loud discussions and laughing at the table would be a classic understatement. Personally I'm used to some real quiet meals mostly because I am usually by myself when mom was stuck at work during those ungodly hours.

I don't blame her, she was burdened with handling every single expense of the house.

But it was nice. To sit among them and enjoy the feeling of inclusion in a rather large gathering of family; something I'm slowly getting used to. Never imagined I'd feel like I missed out on something this great for quite literally my whole life.

Again...why mom?

I sighed heavily being reminded of the same frustrating question that's working an itch in my brain at this point. I wondered if I'll ever get an actual answer as to why she left this house and our family behind all those years ago.

After lunch, I helped others to clear up before joining the elders in the living room. As soon as I walk in, my eyes scanned the place only to realise there was no spot available for me to occupy on the couches.

My gaze was caught by Ales and it took only a second for him to realise what I was thinking about. He looked beside him and was about to ask others to scoot over and make some room for me, but I stopped him and walked over to sit down on the floor next to his legs, my back resting on the couch.

"Val you don't have to sit on the floor. I'm sure we can fit you here", Ales immediately suggested, moving to stand up. "Or maybe you could pull up a chair."

I pushed him back down by his knees and shook my head. "I'm comfortable here. You guys should be too. Everyone's full after that heavy meal."

"Why don't you pull up a chair though?", Elijah wondered.

"I don't mind sitting here. Besides...I'm too lazy to stand up again", I pouted, letting my head fall back.

Everyone chuckled.

"No problem. I'll get one for you", Elijah offered, and was about to stand up which is why I quickly grab the cushion behind me and threw it at him.

"Stay there! I'm fine!", I frowned.

Elijah caught the pillow in surprise before it hit him on his face and then settled back down while others smiled in amusement.

"Look at them", Grandma smiled fondly. "Already fussing over to make sure she's fine."

"The boys have grown up...finally", Uncle Alfonso observed.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself brother. It's only Ales and Elijah. They were always like this. If the younger ones become more mature and caring...then we'll talk", Uncle Francesco grinned.

"That's a big ask", Grandpa joked.

"Not really. My sons have changed a little since Val arrived, thank you very much", Dad defended his boys.

"Aw Dad", Enzo smiled.

"Not Dad trying to make us look better", Xavier whispered.

"Right!?", Matteo whispered back. "He's off his pills maybe?"

"Possible", Xavier shrugged in return.

Everyone stared at them until Dad broke the silence. "I take everything back."

I chuckled trying to get cozy by leaning my head on Ales's knee, crossing my arms against my chest, my legs pulled up close to my body. Two seconds later I found a throw blanket being laid on top of me.

"Better?", Ales asked softly.

I smiled looking up and nodded. Much better.

"So how about we try to get to know each other, what say Valentina?", Emilio suggested.

"Sure", I agreed.

"Well let's start with basics", Stephano said. "Any hobbies or interests?"

I thought about it. "Uh...I'm kinda good at sketching and painting, if that counts?", I answered.

"Of course it does. I'd like to see them sometime", Stephano smiled interestedly.

"Did you hear that Lucas? You've got similar interests with your sister", Aunt Elisa said before looking at me. "Lucas is the artist of the family, just like you", She said enthusiastically.

"Really?", My curiousity got deeper as I look at Lucas.

Lucas looked up from his phone in his hand to glance once at me before shifting his eyes to his mother. "You're exaggerating and you know it mum."

"Oh please. He's being modest...for once", Marcus scoffed. "You should see his work Val. It'll make you proud to be related to him. God knows that's the only reason I am", He shrugged, making some of us laugh.

Lucas rolled his eyes, looking back into his phone.

"Come on. Show Val your stuff. Especially that potrait you made last week! That one was awesome", Marcus encouraged, repeatedly pushing his twin's arm.

"I don't have it now with me", Lucas said, giving Marcus a look.

"You took a picture of it on your phone", Marcus reminded.

Lucas glared at him. I realised that maybe he doesn't want to so I didn't insist myself. Not every artist is comfortable with displaying their work publically.

"No issues. Maybe I'll send you some of my stuff later? Could use a fresh opinion", I shrugged.

"I'm not a professional", Lucas said.

"Neither am I, but— ", I started before he cut me off.

"That's not my thing Valentina", Lucas shut me down, a little loudly.

I was surprised at that response, but didn't let it project on my face. Marcus nudged his twin with an unhappy frown on his face though. Lucas just rolled his eyes and went back to using his phone. I notice Uncle Francesco and Aunt Elisa exchange a look.

Before an awkward silence could take over Daniel jumped up on his feet and quickly sat opposite of me with a very excited face. My eyebrows raised in question.

"Okay. Time to answer some very important questions bambina", Daniel's face turned serious quick.

"Um.. okay", I was confused.

"Movies- Action or Romance", He asked

"Action", I say

"Pizza or burger", He asked

"Pizza", I say

"Chocolate or strawberry", He asked

"Melted chocolate on vanilla", I say smirking.

He smirked again.

"Basketball or football", He asked

"Football", I say

"Cat or dog", He asked

"Dog", I smile

"I love her", Daniel concluded smiling

He looked around at everyone when he said that making others chuckle. Then he raised his fist towards me and I bumped it with mine with a smile.

"Okay, okay. I got one for you too", Deigo grins. "Who would you most likely start a prank war with?", He questioned looking at me.

"Hmm", I smile. "Xavier and Daniel."

"Smart choice", Xavier nods. "We'd make even the grown ups cry."

"In your dreams, sure", Enzo rolled his eyes.

"Really? Can I remind everyone of Thanksgiving last year?", Daniel raised an eyebrow.

"For the love of god! I was startled! Just startled!", Enzo exclaimed. "A bunch of fake spiders in your room can do that to anyone!"

"The girly scream?", Xavier titled his head.

"There was no girly scream", Enzo denies immediately.

"Everyone heard it Enzo darling", Daniel grinned. "Everyone."

"Whatever", Enzo grumbles under his breath.

I could only imagine what that would have been like. Personally that kind of a prank would be hilarious. Heaven forbid I try something like that with mom. She'd kick my ass with a broom.

"My turn", Mark raised his hand to grab attention. "So Val, uh...who would you go to for lets say escaping a punishment for getting into trouble?", He asked with a smile.

I take a second to think about it. "Elijah, Enzo or Emilio probably", I grinned. "I can't help but notice the E's of the family are pretty chill and sweet", I answered.

The said three smile and send me a thumbs up totally in agreement.

"My granddaughter's got beauty and brains", Grandma complimented me.

"It's in the genes grandma", I winked. "Thanks to you."

"Oh sweetheart", She threw me a flying kiss in return.

"You got that right", Grandpa shrugged, looking proud making everyone chuckle.

"Right. Although I'm not sure what went wrong with my brothers considering they inherited neither brains, nor looks", I joked. "They got skipped probably."

The reactions following my much purposeful insult were hysterical.

"Hey!", Xavier was deeply offended.

"Come again", Elijah raised his eyebrow.

"You take that back", Xander pointed his finger at me, his eyes narrowed.

"That sting little sister", Enzo sadly puts his hand over his heart.

"I'm not even commenting", Ales said in disbelief.

I raise my head to look up at him hearing his response. My playful grin directed at him only made him pinch my nose using his thumb and index finger.

"Oh please. Look at this jaw line and muscles", Matteo started flexing like he was a super model or something.

Everyone else were laughing.

"Matteo you have something on your chin", I said, with a straight face.

"Oh where?", He started touching his chin.

"On the third one down", I smirked.

Matteo dramatically gasps, his eyes as wide as saucers. The rest of my brothers laughed hard holding their stomach. Well..most of them. Some chuckled in a dignified way. You can guess who.

"That was mean, Val", Matteo clutched his heart, a defeated look on his face.

"Do you need some ice for that burn?", Marcus snickered.

"No ice can help with that burn", Deigo laughed.

"Oh screw you guys. Don't listen to them Matteo. You look gorgeous", Daniel smiled sweetly, making Matteo momentarily feel better only to make him glare at his next words. "Just like a barbie."

"Jokes on you. Girls like barbies", Matteo smirked.

"You mean little girls?", Damon grimaced.

Matteo frowned. "I didn't think that through, did I?"

"Do you ever—you know—think?", Enzo raised an eyebrow. "By now, I assumed you knew you were...dumb."

"Daaaaaduh! They're picking on me, again!", Matteo resorted to childish complaining watching everyone teasing him.

"Way to act your age bud", Dad threw him a thumbs up. "And boys, Val, leave him alone please", He sighed.

Matteo satisfied with it, looked at us smugly. He's such a kid most of the times. I like that about him. Makes him different from my other brothers.

"Alright", Grandpa sighed heavily, glancing at his watch. "You kids have fun. The adults have some work to do. See you later", He announced standing up.

Following his words, Dad and even both my uncles stood up.

"Oh. I was wondering what you do for a living", I asked before thinking it over. My curiousity got the best of me. I mean looking around at the house and stuff...I'm allowed, right?

Maybe I was overthinking, but I think I saw almost everyone tense up hearing my question. The oldies exchanged unreadable looks with each other within a quick second.

Weird..

"You're very curious, aren't you?", Damon spoke up, his look not too happy.

"Damon", Aunt Isabella glared at him in a warning tone, making him roll his eyes.

I frowned in confusion.

"Family buisness, Val. Same as us. They own multiple companies too", Ales replied, his tone somewhat different.

"Oh..okay", I nod, not really knowing how to take it.

Maybe I shouldn't have asked that? Was it rude? Beats me how, if it was.

"See you guys later", Uncle Francesco cleared his throat to avoid the awkward silence.

"Yeah. We'll be back before dinner, honey", Grandpa looked at his wife who nodded with a small smile.

They began heading out. Dad stopped a moment as he passed through me. He leaned down and kissed the top of my head making me smile at him. He patted my cheek once, nodded at Ales before walking away.

Slowly almost everyone dispersed off to different parts of the house for some or the other reason. An hour or so passed after which I found Max napping in one of the guest rooms.

Marcus, Diego and Matteo locked themselves into Matteo's room to  play video games.

Lucas, Xander, Emilio, Enzo, Mark and Damon decided to play football outside the house.

Daniel and Xavier are nowhere to be seen. But I think I overheard them planning some pranks.

Alessandro, Leonardo and Antonio were occupied with some work in our in-house office. And I saw Elijah and Stephano involved into a deep discussion about some new authentic recipe the latter learned recently.

I spent my time sitting with grandma and my aunties. We talked about a lot of random things and I began getting more and more comfortable around them all. It was mostly because they are wonderful people. They ensured there was absolutely no awkwardness that could usually be present in first time meetings.

"You know our entire family always hoped for a little girl in the house", Aunt Isabella told me. "I mean it's pretty obvious why, right? So many boys in the family only added on to the excitement of wanting a girl", She smiled.

"Absolutely. That was until you were born, of course", Aunt Elisa chided in. "Undoubtedly one of the best days of our lives, the day you were born. Your uncles almost teared up in happiness hearing the news", She chuckled reminiscing.

"Really?", I practically whispered.

"Yes", Grandma smiled. "It was...surreal for us. Your father send us your new born pictures and my goodness you were one cute little pumpkin."

My heart warmed hearing those kind words.

Grandma exhales heavily continuing. "Which is why all of us were pretty much devastated when Melanie took you away like that out of nowhere", Her smile turned into a sad one. "But I don't blame her, infact absolutely understand why she did that, you know."

My eyebrows scrunched in a questioning manner. What does that mean?

"I understand her reason behind her decision to leave. A part of me agreed with her as well", Grandma smiled sadly, looking at the wall ahead.

"Yeah. Me too", Aunt Elisa sighed heavily.

"Only we did, mom. No one else would understand, you remember?", Aunt Isabella reminded.

Grandma exhaled soundly. "Oh yes. How can I forget? It was like the darkest ever period in the lives of the Costello family. Everyone took a horrible hit."

"I guess...only mothers could relate to how Melanie was thinking. Her perspective made sense to us, and not others", Aunt Elisa whispered softly.

"I agree, Elisa", Aunt Isabella nodded. "All my attempts to make my husband understand were in vain. Alfonso just couldn't understand why Melanie did what she did no matter how hard I tried", She shook her head, as if remembering.

"I relate to that. Francesco and I have  fought multiple times over this discussion too. Learned to give up at some point" Aunt Elisa sighed.

I cleared my throat making them snap from their trance. They looked at me like they forgot I was there for a moment. I was totally curious as to what they were talking about.

"Um..what do you mean by that?", I asked.

"By what, honey?", Grandma asked back.

"The reason behind my mother leaving this household and family. Did you know why she left? I don't. Could you tell me?", I quickly sat straight eager to finally get an answer to my biggest question.

They shared concerned looks with each other until I got a feeling they didn't want to tell me.

"Please tell me. I'm growing crazy over here. Nobody would tell me why. Even Dad changes the topic when I ask. But I wanna know", I insisted. "I... deserve to know."

I was desperately hoping they melt and tell me why.

"Val, it's all in the past. There's no point in bringing it all back up. You'll gain nothing", Aunt Elisa said softly.

"But— "

"Trust me. There's nothing that'll satisfy your curiousity", Aunt Isabella sighed.

I totally disagreed. I would rather know the truth than be kept hidden in the dark. I turn to look at grandma, pleading her to just say something. Anything.

Grandma sighed, staring into my eyes. "Alright, if you insist."

"Mom", Both aunts almost immediately spoke up, their eyes slightly wide.

"She deserves to know", Grandma spoke with finality in her tone which only made my aunts exchange concerning looks.

I turn myself slightly towards grandma waiting for her to continue.

"When you were born our family was.. going through some tensions", Grandma said.

"What tensions?", I asked.

"A danger was looming over our heads Val. Some—", She trailed off for a second as if looking for the right word. "—business rivals of your father's and uncle's business posed a threat to our family."

I was not expecting to hear that. Then again, I didn't know what I was hoping to hear.

"Things weren't too great in the family because of that danger. Your parents, your aunts and uncles were constantly living in worry for their children. Your grandpa and me too", Grandma explained. "I think as it continued it became a lot to handle for your mother to allow you to live like this; under a threat. So she decided to leave."

Aunt Elisa and Aunt Isabella quickly shared a look. I could be wrong, but was it a little relief I sensed on their face?

"She decided to leave?", My eyebrows raised.

"Yes", Grandma nodded.

"Leaving her husband and sons behind and only worrying about her daughter?", I asked in disbelief. "Mom wouldn't do that."

Grandma opened and closed her mouth like she didn't know how to answer to that so my aunts took over.

"It's not like that Val", Aunt Isabella shook her head. "You were very young. Practically still a baby. She was extremely worried about your safety. The boys had grown up a bit by then."

"Vincenzo and Melanie's views didn't match I guess...so she left maybe", Aunt Elisa whispered.

Okay. To think that I thought I'll be satisfied once I get some answers was  total bullshit. Because I'm not satisfied at all. Heck I'm not sure I believe what I hear.

I haven't known my father for a long time, but I knew my mum. She wouldn't just abandoned my brothers and father like that, would she? Then again, Xander's words come to mind. He accused her of abandoning them.

I didn't know what to say. Surely there was more to the story than everyone's letting on right? A portion of the story where my mother doesn't appear like a bad person, and my father a victim?

I want to believe that they parted mutually—for whatever reasons though. But I know my parents didn't get a divorce. She just...left.

I exhaled deeply feeling even more frustrated.

"Anyway, I was genuinely so happy looking at your brothers faces when we arrived today, you know? Especially your father. For the first time in years it felt like they were alive again", Aunt Elisa changed the topic.

"Yeah, I remember them being miserable in your absence. Everyone handled it differently though.. some getting expressive using anger, some just distancing themselves and some using work as a distraction", Grandma shook her head.

"I'll make sure that doesn't happen again", I whispered, making them look at me. "I...want them to be happy. Always."

I really did. It was surprising to me as well seeing how strongly I believed my words. I haven't known them for a long time, and still it doesn't set well with me to see them ever upset or miserable again.

They smiled happily looking at me. Grandma caressed my cheek lovingly. "I'm so glad you're back home", She said making me smile.

Later as I was watching tv, I caught Lucas and Damon heading towards one of the rooms while talking to each other. I saw an opportunity and decided to make full use of it. I shut off the tv and stood up to follow them.

I watch them get inside one of the guest rooms. Not wanting to seem like I was stalking them I waited for two minutes before I got restless and headed towards the room.

Knocking twice I wait until I hear a 'come in' before opening the door.

I found them both sitting on the bed using their phones. Together they looked up at me and their eyes went a bit wide clearly not expecting to see me.

"Hi, what are you guys doing?", I ask trying to make conversation.

Lucas cleared his throat, glancing at Damon. "Nothing."

"Me too. Kinda bored as well. Can I hang out with you guys?", I asked hopefully.

"Why?", Damon frowned.

"Why not?", I retorted.

"Look... we're not in the mood. Maybe later", Damon dismissed.

"You can hang out with Matteo, Dan and Marcus. They're upstairs, I think", Lucas suggested.

"Oh they're playing video games. Really not in the mood", I shrug it off.

"Then do whatever you want. Leave us alone", Damon rolled his eyes.

I was compelled, trust me. But I wanted to know why were they behaving like I murdered their puppies and fed them to a wild animal. I was determined to get some answers today, if not all.

"Or...we could talk. You know, try to get along?", I suggested.

Damon and Lucas exchange a look before facing me.

"Okay, I'm going to say this in the simplest manner possible so that even you can understand", Damon grit. "We. Are. Not. Interested. To. Spend. Time. With. You."

"Got it? Now door's that way", Lucas pointed behind me.

My jaw clenched. "What did I even do to piss you two off? We literally just met today."

"Actually this is not the first time we've met. But it doesn't matter. Obviously you don't know or remember. Either way. Leave", Lucas snapped.

"Fine. There's only so much I can try. Fuck off", I rolled my eyes, turning around to walk away.

"What the hell did you just say to us?", Damon was shocked.

In reply, I just slammed the door hard behind me after walking out of the room. They wanna show attitude, I can too. Atleast this way I've grabbed their attention. They'll talk now.

One thing I learnt long time ago— middle school to be precise—rich people have egos. Rich kids? Fragile egos.

I started walking down the corridor that leads back into the living room. Instead of going back to watching tv I decided to take a stroll outside the house. Maybe see if the others playing football could use another player.

"Hey guys", I greeted Xander, Emilio, Enzo and Mark.

"Sup Val?", Xander, who stood at the goal post asked, gesturing them to stop the game for a second.

"I was wondering if you— ", I walked out into the back lawn as I spoke only to be rudely interrupted by two voices stampeding from inside the house behind me.

"That was some flowery language you used back there Valentina. Are you sure you should be talking to us like that?", Lucas raised an eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes turning around to face them. "Flowery language? Really? What are you? Ten?"

Xander, Emilio, Enzo and Mark shared curious looks as they walked over to us wondering what's going on.

"And yes, I used the word 'fuck' so what? You'll run to complain my father about it? Like little snitches?", I raised an eyebrow, arms crossed across my chest.

Their jaws clenched.

"Okay what is happening here?", Enzo asked. "Val?"

"Nothing", I exhaled waving it off.

"She told us to fuck off", Damon snitched.

"Excuse me?", Enzo was taken aback.

"Oooh. Fighting already? I'm really interested to know what happened", Emilio smirked. "Also, no cussing Val."

"You're no fun", I deadpanned.

"I am. Our elder brothers aren't. If they heard you, best hope you're alive by the end of your lecture", Emilio exhales remembering his old days by the look on his face.

"Back to the topic" Mark rolled his eyes. "What the hell did you two do?", He asked them.

"We?", Damon scoffed.

"Okay Val. What the hell did you do?", Xander shrugged.

"I cussed them out" I pointed out. "Thought that was already established."

"It was", Xander nodded. "You see why Mark asked you guys now? Now spill", He rolled his eyes, facing our cousins.

Damon and Lucas exchange looks.

"Oh I'll tell you", I spoke. "They were behaving like assholes. I just treated them as one."

"Val!", Enzo was unimpressed.

"Now I get it", Mark sighed rubbing his forehead. "Cut that out guys. Leo and Tony warned you not to act like this before we left Italy. She's your cousin sister. Treat her as such."

"I could use subtitles", I interrupted, not knowing what he's talking about.

"Me too", Xander muttered.

"Boys? What happened?", Enzo asked with so much gentleness that I wondered if he was ever capable of getting angry.

"They hate me", I shrugged.

"Val, they don't", Mark shook his head.

"Oh they don't particularly like me either", I shrugged.

"Yeah, that we don't", Lucas rolled his eyes.

"See", I gestured my hand towards their direction proving my point. "I'm not a fan either. You don't see me acting like a bitch."

"Val! Language!", Enzo exclaimed.

I sighed.

"Enough with this drama, you two. Don't you think it's going too far?", Mark frowned.

"It's not a big deal, Mark. Not everybody can be fond of everybody in a family as big as ours. Heck it's abnormal if everyone gets along in a family in today's times", Damon scoffed.

"What's your problem? Just say it", I snapped.

"Yeah. Just say it", Mark insisted, appearing done with those two's behaviour.

"It'd be a good idea to share. We'll talk about it guys", Enzo smiled encouragingly.

After a long pause.

"I don't like this Val!", Lucas practically shouted.

Huh?

"What?", I couldn't help but express my disbelief.

"You're not the same" Lucas frowned. "You've changed."

"Lucas? What?", Xander asked looking lost.

"She is not the Valentina we knew, alright? She's changed. Like she's a different person. I don't like that", Lucas's jaw was clenched.

"We met just today! You don't know me!", I exclaimed.

"NO WE DIDN'T!", Lucas screamed, making me take a step back in shock. "I told you that already!"

"We've met before. You were a baby", Damon spoke quietly.

"Exactly. And...we remember you, and you don't remember us. At all!", Lucas frowned. "Not the greatest feeling Val! Being forgotten! We had so much fun when you were a baby and all that is non-existent now as if it didn't happen! You're not the same."

"Of course I'm not! I was a baby guys! How can I remember everything!?", I practically shouted back.

"Yeah well. We do. And that Valentina was precious to us. You're not her", Damon declared.

I flung my arms in exasperation. "I'm sorry if it hurts you...but I really don't remember anyone okay? My own brothers I didn't remember, alright? You think I'm happy about it? I'm not."

"But I'm the same person", I continued, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Val—", Enzo began, his tone gentle.

"No! I'm finally a little happy Enzo! They can't take that feeling away from me, okay?", I cut him off.

Enzo looked at me sadly.

"I get it. They're hurt. I totally understand that. But it's not like I voluntarily chose to forget everyone. Do you have any idea how much I wish I'd grown up here around you all now that I've experienced what it's like?", I shrugged, feeling emotional again.

This is hard. I-I get them. I really do. They miss that little baby they recognised as their sister from all those years ago. But the tragic part is I don't even have those memories to claim that I recognise them as my brothers.

It's not easy. I'm trying my best to deal with it all. But they're not unreasonable either, right?

This is all too complicated and I hate it. I'm finally feeling a little happy. Especially after the loss of my mother and I just don't want anything to ruin it. It's like a dream and I would much rather never wake up from it.

I sighed, and broke the silence that filled between us. "I'm sorry. You deserve that Valentina...and I regretfully can't give that to you."

Damon and Lucas stared at me. Maybe I was imagining it, but their gazes seemed to have softened a bit.

I scratch the back of my head suddenly feeling like I said too much. "I-I'm gonna go check on Max", I excuse myself and move away from them to head back inside.

"Wait!"

I stop and slowly turn around to see Damon shifting uncomfortably in his feet. "I'm sorry too. We shouldn't treat you like that. I get that you're dealing with a lot. It was not our intention to make it worse."

Lucas inhaled and exhaled deeply. "We just...missed you."

They missed me...I didn't have that luxury either.

I don't know why, but tears slowly covered my eyes and I had to aggressively blink them away. "We...we can start fresh? If you want I could pretend to be a baby?", I suggested, biting my lip to not give away the smile.

Enzo, Mark and Xander chuckled.

Lucas smiled, his eyes closed for a second. "No. Please. That would be very weird."

"Yes, and I would rather remember the baby-you for the rest of my life than the adult-baby-you and be scarred for life", Damon admitted.

"So what.... cousins again?", I cringed out myself.

They all stared at me.

"Is she always like that?", Damon asked, looking at Xander and Enzo.

"Fuck off!", I rolled my eyes, feeling embarrassed.

"Hey! Val! Last time!", Enzo exclaimed. "Language!", Mark synchronised with him this time making everyone laugh.

"Good. Now that everything's out. And you guys have made up", Mark smiled. "Boys, apologise."

"Huh?", Lucas was confused.

"For what?", Damon demanded.

"Uh...in Val's words, for acting like assholes. She was hurt and you cannot hurt our only sister", Mark shrugged.

"Oh yeah. Don't I know that", Xander mumbled under his breath.

I couldn't help but smirk hearing that.

"Come on. Be a sport. Say sorry", Mark persisted.

"One warning", Xander interrupted, grabbing out attention. "Apologising to your sibling is excruciating. Like physically painful, mentally exhausting. Traumatising even. Best just get it over with before she gets offended and refuses to speak to you", He shivered.

"Tell me you're exaggerating", Lucas frowned a bit, looking worried.

"Oh he is", Damon said. "...Right?"

"No, I'm not. It's different with sisters. We're not used to it, so I'll tell you. When our brothers get upset with us, we can act indifferent. But sisters...oh man...that's a stab in the heart", Xander clutches his heart for effect.

"Worse when it's your baby sister", Enzo sighed.

"Aw", I smiled.

"Oh", Mark's eyebrows scrunched. "Thanks for the heads up."

Lucas and Damon exchange a look of worry before facing me. "We're sorry", They said together.

I inhale deeply, plaster a straight look on my face. "Xander?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I have the football?", I asked.

"Uh..sure", Xander appeared confused at my odd request. He walked up to me and handed over the football.

I turn it over a couple times in my hand, let the silence haunt those two, before I unexpectedly throw the ball towards their faces. "I forgive you!", I laughed quickly turning to run back inside the house.

"Oh you didn't!", Lucas screamed.

"Come back here!", Damon shouted.

I hear them run after me which just made me increase my pace and get them to chase me all around the mansion all the while me laughing and enjoying messing with them.
---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.5K 2.2K 29
Salvatore Smith meets a woman with whom he shared few nights after loosing his wife. It was 12 years ago, she was way younger than him, from a diffe...
36.4K 443 17
Arabela feels as if she has no place in the world, she feels lost. Arabella Hernandez is a young girl that got kidnapped by her mother at the age of...
90.9K 1.8K 27
Valentina Rossi is a 17 year old girl living a hard life as her adoptive parents abuse her since she was taken from her house in Italy. She earned a...
835K 15.1K 48
redamancy A love returned in full; an act of loving the one who loves you. At the young age of 3, Valentina De Luca was kidnapped in the middle of th...