My Burden

By music_master

More

My Burden
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 2

19 0 0
By music_master

*Locker room*

"Here I bought you water" Elizabeth said handing me the water.

"Thanks" I said opening the bottle and drinking from it.

While I was changing, it was very quiet.

"About what you said earlier" Elizabeth said looking on the ground.

"What abo-" before I could continue my sentence, Natalie with her group came in.

"What do you want Natalie?" Elizabeth asked.

"I'm not her for you nerd" Natalie said.

"Hey! Don't talk to my best friend like that!" I said angrily.

"I'm not afraid of you" Natalie said and then all of them laugh.

I started to feel so much anger inside of me.

"What are you going to do about it huh huh huh" Natalie said mocking me.

I just stand there shaking because I know Elizabeth will get mad at me so I'm trying to control myself.

"Don't test me Natalie" I said angrily and shaking.

"I want to" Natalie said pulling my best friend from my side.

Natalie started pulling Elizabeth's hair.

"How sad, Cyriptic Athena can't do anything to save her best friend" Natalie said mocking me again.

"I said don't test me" I said gripping her neck and pushing her against the wall.

Natalie can't talk because she can't breathe.

"I-is...t-that...t-the...o-only...t-thing...y-you...c-can...d-do..." Natalie said between breaths.

I grip her tight because of the anger inside me. Suddenly, one of Natalie's girl tried to pull me away. I grip her neck too. I'm gripping both of their necks as much as I can even though they are both fighting to let go.

"Athena stop, there already red" Elizabeth said.

But in my head I just want to kill them already.

"Athena let go" Elizabeth said almost shouting.

I let them both go. My hands hurting from the gripping. Natalie choke and is trying to catch her breath.

"Never talked to my best friend like that again and when your mad at me just get mad at me, got it?" I furiosly said and looking at each one of them.

Natalie and her girls nodded in response.

"GO!" I said to all of them.

"This isn't over" Natalie said madly.

I walked to Elizabeth swaying and feeling dizzy. Suddenly, I feel weak. The world is spinning.

"Are you okay Athena?" Elizabeth asked in concern.

"Elizabeth why are you spinning?" I asked her feeling weak.

*BANG*

I suddenly fainted on the ground. I can feel Elizabeth's arms around me.

"Athena! Athena! Wake up!"  The last thing that Elizabeth said that I heard.

(Elizabeth's POV)

"HELP! HELP! HELP!" I screamed as loud as I can.

I don't know what to do. Athena fainted in my arms and she is not moving.

"Someone help us" I screamed again crying.

"Athena wake up!  Please wake up!" I said shaking Athena.

I dind't realize  that someone walk in inside the locker room.

"What happened to her?" Mr. Dunkin asked me kneeling down.

"Coach she fainted" I said to Mr. Dunkin.

Mr. Dunkin carried Athena and we both went out of the locker room. We went out of the gym and headed outside the school.

"Come with me to the hospital" Mr. Dunkin said laying Athena on the backseat and closing the door.

I walked to the other side and sat beside Athena.

"Athena don't leave me yet" I said crying andputting her head on my lap.

After 30 minutes, we got to the hospital. Mr. Dunkin parked the car and we immediately rush in inside the hospital.

*In the hospital*

"Help us!" Mr. Dunkin said.

Four nurses came out holding a hospital bed and Mr. Dunkin lay Athena on the bed.

"She fainted and I tried to wake her up but she didn't" I said running with nurses.

"Ma'am you can't go inside" the nurse push me away from the bed as they went inside a room.

"Ms. Wilson, I have to go but i will tell the school what happened and excuse you" Mr. Dunkin said.'

"Thank you Coach" I said.

I waited infront of the E.R. Pacing back and forth. Not sure if my best friend is ok. I've been waiting for more than an hour.

"Excuse me miss, are you a relative of Ms. Johnson?" A doctor asked me.

"No but I'm her best friend, is she okay doc?" I asked.

"We are just waiting for the results, you can already visit her in her room" The doctor said.

The doctor told me Athena's room and I immediately went there. I walk in and I can see my best friend laying on the bed with her eyes close.

"Don't leave me yet Athena" I said holing her hand.

The doctor I saw earlier came in to check on Athena. Checking her tubes and looking at Athena's board.

"Why isn't she awake yet?" I asked the doctor.

"We had to do an operation in her head so probably she will wake up within this weekor next week" The doctor said.

"NEXT WEEK?!" I said sitting beside Athena again.

The doctor left the room to leave me to think. I cannot loose my best friend. Every second, every minute, every hour and everyday I've been here by Athena's side. I don't want to miss when she wakes up.

"Athena it's already been a week...please wake up" I said layiing my head on her hand. Suddenly I felt her hand moved.

"Elizabeth why am I in the hospital?" Athena asked trying to sit down.

"Just lay down" I said to her.

"Don't you know what happened earlier?" I asked her.

Athena shook her head "no".

"Ouch! My head hurts" Athena said touching her head.

"What happened to me earlier? The only thing I remember is Natalie pulling your hair and then after that everything was blurry" Athena said to me.

"You did the thing that you do when you get really mad. After Natalie and her froup left, you fainted and hit your head hard on the ground" I explained it to her.

I can see Athena trying to remember everything that have happened to her a week from now.

"How long was I asleep?" Athena asked me.

"For a week" I said.

"A WEEK?!" Athena asked me shocked.

"Yeah" I said.

"Have you eaten?" Athena asked me concerned.

"No..." I said but Athena cut me off.

"N-no! Why haven't you eaten?" Athena asked me mad and worried.

"I was taking care of you and waiting for you to wake up" I said.

"I should be the one taking care of you not you taking care of me... and this" Athena said pointing at the tubes connected to her.

"This is nothing" Athena said disconnecting the tubes to her.

"ATHENA!" i SAID SCREAMING.

"What?" She asked me innocently.

"Why did you disconnect those tubes out of you?" I asked her.

"Because I want to go home" Athena said trying to stand up.

Athena tried to walked to reach the door and go home.

"Your not yet strong" I said to her.

"I am" Athena said.

"Why don't you want to stay in this hospital?" I asked gripping her tight.

Athena didn't answer, she just continued to try letting go from my grip.

"Just let me go" Athena said angrily.

"Help us!" I screamed.

I can hear footsteps coming from outside. The doctor and two nurses came in.

"Help me getting her back to her bed please" I said.

The doctor and two nurses helped me.

"What happened to her?" The doctor asked me checking Athena.

"I don't know, she suddenly panic and got mad" I said to the doctor trying to steady Athena on the bed.

"Do you know why?" The doctor asked me checking Athena's clipboard.

I shook my head "no".

"O wanna go home" Athena said trying to get up.

"You can already go home, you just have to take this medicines" The doctor said to Athena.

"I don't want to drink those medicines" Athena said grumpy.

"Or you could just reast at home" The doctor said to Athena.

"Better" Athena replied grumpy again.

"Athena don't talk to the doctor like that" I said madly.

"I have to go now, I still have to check the other patients... I think you should go home too to give her time to rest" The doctor said.

"Ok doc" I said.

The doctor left the room and I sat down beside Athena's bed, I suddenly cannot help but cry. I hold Athena's hand.

"Why are you crying?" Athena asked me wiping the tears away by her free hand.

"You scared me to death! If you could have seen from the school I was already crying because I was afraid that I might loose my best friend" I said crying more.

"Aww... don't ry Eli, see I'm still here I dind't leave you" Athena said wiping my tears away again.

I cannot stop thinking about everything that have happened to Athena. When I rush her to the hospital and being here for her.

"I will not die because I still need to protect you" Athena said.

Athena's POV

I'm laying on my bed with my best friend sitting on the chair next to my chair.

"You will still protect me even though you get hurt?" Elizabeth asked me.

"What kind of question is that? Ofcoarse I will, until the day that I die I will still find away to protect you" I said to her.

I am feeling sad inside me because there is something about hospitals that I really don't like and not even Elizabeth's knows about it. I dind't get to save my parents lives before so now I'm saving my best friend's.

"I probably should go home..." Elizabeth said standing up and wiping her tears away.

"I haven't eaten any food since last week, I haven't got to toothbrush and I smell pretty bad" Elizabeth added.

"Yes you do" I said teasing her.

"Hey!" Elizabeth said pouting her lips.

"Aww... Eli I'm just teasing you but you really smell pretty bad" I said to her.

"I know that's why I will go home, I will fetch you tomorrow and by that time I am fresh" Elizabeth said to me.

"Ok" I said smiling.

"Bye Athena, see you tomorrow morning" Elizabeth said opening the door.

I waved my hand 'goodbye". Elizabeth closed the door.

5 minutes after Elizabeth left, my doctor Dr. Owens came in.

"If you change your mind you can drink your medicines to make you stronger" Dr. Owens said.

"It's ok, I understand some patients are like that. Now go to sleep, to have more energy tomorrow morning" Dr. Owens said to me.

Dr. Owens left the room to give me time to rest. I cannot wait to get out of this hospital. I know Elizabeth will fetch me but she has done too much so I will let her rest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Whole Truth By jaxharlow

Mystery / Thriller

433K 20.2K 52
Adele knows she witnessed a murder - what she doesn't know is just how personal it is. ...