We Didn't Have a Choice

By seawrites5

Coming from rich families, Draco and Blair both had everything they could ever ask for...except love, but hey... More

Prologue
1 - The Arrangement
2 - Welcome to the Dark Side
3 - The Tasks
4 - The "Proposal"
6 - Off to Hogwarts
7 - The Cabinet
8 - The Incompatible Pair
9 - The Life of a Death Eater
10 - A Failed Attempt
11 - A Sneak Peek
12 - Pressure
13 - I Hear Wedding Bells
14 - I Do
15 - The Marital Bed
16 - I Know You Want Me
17 - I Can't Resist
18 - Nothing Goes Our Way
19 - That Didn't Take Long
20 - Not So Hateful Desires
21 - Not in Love You Say
22 - Back Again
23 - Just Admit It
24 - Confessed
25 - Fulfilled
26 - Thriving
27 - A Not so Good Reward
28 - What Even is Happiness
29 - Here We Go
30 - The New Malfoy
31 - A Disatrous Dinner
32 - Without You
33 - A Negative in Every Positive
34 - Losing Love
35 - A False Realization
36 - Girl Talk
37 - Love Me or Love Me Not
38 - Different Places
39 - Face to Face
40 - Just When Things Get Better
41 - A Break From Our Problems
42 - Back to Reality
43 - Things Only Seem to Worsen
44 - Distractions
45 - And the Distractions Continue
46 - The Annual Ball
47 - Not so Quick
48 - One More Return
49 - The Breaking Point
50 - He Knows
51 - Dear Draco
52 - Understanding One's Story
53 - Staying Happy
54 - Shower Thoughts
55 - Another Bump in the Road
56 - A Different Stance
57 - Polyjuice
58 - Life Without Each Other
59 - The Final Battle
60 - Draco's Beautiful Blair
61 - The Light
62 - We Have a Choice
63 - Free
64 - A Fresh Start
65 - Draco's Nuisances
66 - Happily Ever After

5 - Unbreakable Vow

14.7K 258 34
By seawrites5

"Cissy! Val! Have you two gone mad?" Bellatrix cried as they hid behind the alley ways of the buildings nearby.

"The Dark Lord trusts him," Narcissa murmured.

"Yeah, well the Dark Lord is mistaken!" Bella shot back.

Valentina and Narcissa did not respond. Instead, Valentina proceeded to knock on a door which was opened by Peter Pettigrew.

They walked into a room where a man reading a newspaper sat - Severus Snape.

"What. Do. You. Need."

"We won't be here long, Severus. The Dark Lord has forbade me to speak of this bu-" Narcissa was saying.

Snape cut her off, "Well if the Dark Lord forbiddens it, then we must not talk of what isn't ours...however, the Dark Lord did tell me. Dumbledore is a great wizard. Only a fool would question it."

Narcissa said, "I don't doubt you, Severus."

"You should be on it Cissy! As for Draco and Blair," said Bellatrix.

Narcissa looked at Valentina, Snape, and Bellatrix in turn. She and Val both knew Snape was their only shot at keeping Blair and Draco safe.

"They're just kids. We all know very well that he's just going to kill them because he knows they're not strong enough to carry out the tasks," she spoke, softly.

"I can't change the Dark Lord's mind, but it might be possible for me to help them," Severus said, flatly.

"Severus, swear to it," Valentina said, approaching him.

"Make the Unbreakable Vow," Bellatrix whispered. She wore a sickening, evil, smirk.

He looked at Bella, and it was quite clear that he had given in. "Take out your wand," said Severus, slowly.

"I'll do it," Narcissa whispered.

She stepped up to Severus, and held out her arm. They grabbed each other's wrists, and Bella took out her wand.

"Will you, Severus Snape, watch over Draco Malfoy and Blair Edwards as they attempt to fulfill the tasks of the Dark Lord?" she whispered.

"I will."

Narcissa and Valentina smiled confidently. They may have just finessed the Dark Lord.

As the three women were about to leave, Snape pulled Valentina aside. "Does Blair know?"

Valentina looked down. "No. We don't know how to tell her. We're not even sure if she'll understand why she's one...or how...even what a horcrux is."

"Well you may want to tell her!" Severus jeered. "She will risk everything if she gets killed! What if he hurts her unknowingly because I assume he doesn't know she's one either."

"We placed a protection charm on her when she was a baby. We're hoping that'll keep her safe. Besides, we're not even sure if she is one!"

"Well, if she gets kil-"

"Yes. I know. Julius and I will be the ones to get it. She won't. She's safe. It's best if the Lord doesn't know because then he'll be even more controlling."

"Bold statement considering you forced her into a marriage and to join him. What more does she have to lose?" Snape replied.

Valentina looked offended, and was at a loss for words. "Julius and I had no choice. You knew that was coming anyways, so you have no room to judge!"

They glared at each other coldly. Valentina knew Severus was right. She had failed Blair, and it hurt her knowing her little girl was now forced to do horrid tasks, and to be married so young.

Without another word, Valentina stormed off behind Bellatrix and Narcissa.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 35.7K 75
Lyra Malfoy has always felt like a stranger in her family, she felt misplaced. As she feels torn between herself, a particular Weasley comes into her...
104K 3.4K 56
Sarah Salvatore is a pretty girl. She's loving, strong willed and very clever for her age. She lives a simple life, and is quite content with it but...
2.4K 45 75
Family is the most important thing in the world until it's not. Fighting along side them until you're fighting against them. Is it truly love if we d...
115K 3.7K 24
Not my best kind of works. Please read my other Fanfictions instead: Birth of Hell || Riddle Draco's Revival || Malfoy *Discontinued* "It was beaut...