Happy Merry Everything (Charl...

Oleh vividlittlevox

You're home for the holidays when a wrong number texts you on Christmas Eve. With a joyful heart and your bet... Lebih Banyak

Twas the Night Before Christmas
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out
If You're Feeling Brave
Auld Lang Syne
If You're Willing, I Am Too.
How Do We Do This?
Heart Shaped Box
It's Nice to Meet You
Jetlagged
"Transatlanticism"
Stay
Pillow Talk
Good Morning
I Don't Think That's Crazy At All.
Come What May
Opening Night pt. 1
Opening Night pt. 2 - Showtime
Opening Night pt. 3 - Encore
Mrs. Charlie Barber
Now What?
2 Weeks.
In a New York Minute
Ghosts and Other Things
Digging Up The Past
Baubles, Bangles, and Beads
New York Bear Bear
LA Bear Bear
The Winner Takes It All
Love and Mercy
Mom and Dad
Indiana
Together
Once More With Feeling
Stormy Weather pt. 1 - Grow As We Go
Stormy Weather pt. 2 - Wedding Bell Blues
Daddy Phase
Wild Horses
Just a Little Something
Spinning
Saturday Night pt. 1
Saturday Night pt. 2
Secrets Pt. 1
Secrets pt. 2
Hidden
Tapestry
Happy Birthday Charlie
Merry-Go-Round
Everything
Click

I'm Scared.

2.3K 111 111
Oleh vividlittlevox

The sun was just beginning to fade away while you waited for the cab outside of your apartment. You and Jules had agreed on a nice coat to pair with your outfit so you wouldn't freeze. Charlie also had his own ideas about keeping you warm and was very insistent on you getting a ride and letting him take care of everything. 

"Not a chance. If you're coming all the way to me instead of the other way around, there's no way I'm letting you pay for it. 

He called back just to say those words. Even though you argued you were perfectly capable of taking the subway, but he wasn't having it. The driver arrived a lot sooner than expected and that's when you realized---all of this was real. You were finally going to see Charlie, live and in the flesh. It wouldn't be his voice over a phone or a string of messages that made your heart dance in your chest. Just Charlie. 

As you made your way to Brooklyn, you looked out the window at the city. You loved how it truly looked like a night sky filled with stars. You took a picture and sent it to Charlie. 

You: On my way to you.

You could feel a lump growing in your throat and were doing your best to will away your anxiety. You looked down at your hands, hoping you hadn't chipped or smudged the polish you had hurriedly applied before leaving your apartment. Your hands were shaking. Tears were threatening to sting your eyes. You quickly tilted your head back and took a deep breath; you dabbed the corners of your eyes unwilling to let a moment of panic ruin your makeup. You had worked too hard for this moment in more ways than one. You needed everything to be perfect. Your phone vibrated inside your clutch. You didn't hesitate to open it. You needed to hear from Charlie, but what you read came as a surprise.

Charlie: I feel silly even typing this, but I'm scared. 
You: Me too, a little. Not of you, though.
Charlie: I'm not afraid of you either.
Charlie: We've built this up a little, haven't we? :)

You swallowed and took another deep breath, composing yourself. You were grateful the driver was oblivious to your nearly having a breakdown in his backseat. 

You: Just a little.

The silence was almost deafening and for once your mind wasn't doing you any favors. No thoughts. No what ifs. Just you and just Charlie. 

Charlie: Still with me?

You loved when he would send that. It was so much more than "are you okay?". He wanted to know you were right there with him in the moment. 

You: Always.

Charlie: Nervous? 
You: Always. :)

You chuckled. You hoped he did too. You hadn't meant to text it, but without a thought in your head the words were free flowing. 

Charlie: I needed that. :)

He did. Good.

Charlie: Call me when you arrive?
You: I will. ❤️
Charlie: ❤️

You had crossed the bridge when you got another text from Charlie. 

Charlie: I'm going to be a little late. I left my apartment and realized I didn't have my wallet. I am so sorry.
You: No problem. I'll save a seat for you. :)
Charlie: Thanks for understanding. I'll see you soon. 

There is was again. Panic, but not panic about seeing Charlie. Panic about Charlie not wanting to see you. About bailing on you. About him realizing how absurd this is and how he doesn't want any part of it. You stared down at your phone reading the messages over and over. You were going to show up, have a drink, and he wasn't going to come. You could feel it. You just knew Charlie wasn't coming. He was absolutely, without a doubt, going to stand you u--

*RING*

You jumped. Charlie was calling. You slid to answer and heard his voice before you could even say hello. Your name had never sounded so good. 

"If you really thought, even for a moment, that I wasn't coming-- I'm disappointed in you."

You heard the tremble in your voice.

"H-how did you know?"

"Because I know you. I'll see you soon, okay?"

__ __

A short while later, you made it to Blueprint. Charlie really sold you on this place when he initially made the recommendation and told you it wouldn't be an issue if you wanted to get dinner elsewhere after drinks. Just in case you both decided to share something, you peeked at the menu on the way over. You wound up paying for your own cab since he wasn't there yet, but you didn't mind. In fact, you kind of looked forward to him trying to fight you about letting him pay you back.

You walked inside. It was dimly lit. Romantic. It was also packed. You realized in that moment Charlie could be anywhere and your breath caught in your chest. You needed to calm your nerves. What you needed was a drink. You found an open seat at the bar and sat down before looking at the menu. While you did, you opened your clutch to check your phone for an update from Charlie. Nothing. You glanced at the door of the restaurant to see if anyone was coming in. Not a soul. Where was he? 

You settled on a dark and stormy. You needed something strong enough to take the edge off, but something you knew you'd nurse. Your heart was racing. The alcohol would help. He was coming, right? 

Just breathe. You went over his words again.

"If you really thought, even for a moment, that I wasn't coming-- I'm disappointed in you."

The bartender made quick work on your drink, for which you were extremely grateful. However, your first sip was a little too ambitious. Whoops. You realized you needed to text Charlie. In the midst of all of the anxiety you were feeling, you had totally forgot to let him know you were there. 

You pulled your phone out again and began typing up a message. 

You: Hey, I'm here. I'm not sure if you're here or not, but I'm here. I'm sitting at the bar. I can order a drink for you if you want. Either way, I wanted you to know I made it safely. 
You: This place is adorable by the way. 

No sooner than you hit send, your phone started vibrating in your hand. Charlie. This was it. There was no turning back now. 

"Hello?"

"If you have any desire to run, now's the time," he teased. 

The excitement of it all was too much. You looked around, but didn't see anyone else on their phone. It was a little loud inside and you hadn't brought your earbuds with you so you turned back around, facing the bar as you did your best to hear every word. 

"Are you inside?"

"Maybe."

"Charlie. Don't tease me, please."

He knew exactly what he was doing. 

"Where are you?"

He hadn't seen your text. Of course he hadn't. He was walking up to the restaurant when you sent it. 

"I'm sitting at the bar."

The butterflies in your stomach were putting on the performance of a lifetime. 

"And you're absolutely sure you want to do this?"
"Yes."
"Today?"
"Charlie."
"Because once we do this, we can't take it back. Not now, not ever."

 You wanted to see him. The need to see him, all of him was overwhelming. 

"I wanna do this."

"And you're at the bar?"

It felt like torture, the waiting. The person beside you got up from their stool and you glanced down at the empty seat. 

"Yes," you said, unaware that you were nodding when you answered. 

"I see you."

Tears threatened to fall once more as you realized he had probably been watching you the entire time . You were always in view with your phone to your ear. That's why he called. 

"Charlie--I--"

He said your name with an affection unlike any other---but this time it wasn't coming through the speaker.

"Turn around."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

540K 8.6K 82
You really think you know the full story? You may think you do, but you don't. There's a fine line between love and hate, of course there is... there...
8.4M 229K 61
Warning this book is rough. Not edited. We wanted privacy. We wanted a normal relationship with no high expectations. But that's hard when you have...
8.4K 123 36
You, a 30 year old lives in a small town in New York City called Brookyln. Before your parents died you wanted to tell them you wanted to move closer...
49.9K 1.4K 38
Kylo Ren/Ben Solo x Reader modern AU You have started your new job at a publishing company after studying for years along side your partner, Ben Sol...