Will of the Stars -SoW fanfic...

By Cloudless_Skyy

We all have demons... and sometimes they win. ... More

Chapter Ⅰ: First snowfall
Chapter Ⅱ: Cold hugs
Chapter Ⅲ: Stars
Chapter Ⅳ: forests
Chapter Ⅵ: Mountain
Chapter Ⅶ: light
Chapter Ⅷ: Storm
Chapter Ⅸ: Captive
Chapter Ⅹ: hellfire
Chapter Ⅺ: Death
Chapter Ⅻ: Broken Crown
Chapter ⅫⅠ : Past and present
Chapter ⅩⅠV: Family
Chapter ⅩV: Will of the stars
Lost time (epilogue)

Chapter Ⅴ: Gift

256 16 13
By Cloudless_Skyy

Achillean snapped away from his nightmare, beads of sweat rolled down his face, his breathing was uneven and labored, normally he would just shake it off.

But something about that dream scared him to his core.

He shut his eyes pleading for the memory of the dream to flee his mind, but it stayed there replaying over, and over through the darkness of the tent he saw Amaya curled up on the other side her breathing was even and calm the exact opposite of Achillean's.

He inhaled the cold air into his lungs despite it being freezing outside he felt as if he were on fire. Quietly standing up he walked outside of the tent as the cold wind whipped around him. It felt nice and distracted him from his nightmare.

Though in the back of his mind Ingressus' words remained- engraved like a fresh wound.

Achillean had been told he was a natural leader who always seemed to know what to do.

He disagreed, a storm brewed inside of him he put on a mask to hide it, to make it seem he knew what he was doing when in truth he didn't have a clue in the slightest.

...

The male Voltaris overlooked the fiery nether the screeches of demonic creatures echoed across the hellish landscape

"Enjoying the view?" A deep voice spoke from behind him.

The Voltaris turned to see Kronos, King Kronos of the Nether

"If you wish to think so then yes," his voice sounded a lot drier than he had expected

"I thought you would like to know the scouts have spotted the Tidesinger,"

"Let your warriors know to not engage I want Achillean to stand before me and beg for his pathetic life," his voice turned much, much darker

"He is also traveling with a Female Voltaris, who has a child,"

"What does this Voltaris look like?"

"Her markings are simplistic but the color of them almost matches yours perfectly,"

"Amaya.." he whispered under his breath.

"Yes, well she seems to grow close to him, when we capture the Tidesinger should we kill her?"

"-no, If what you say is true and that they are growing close, then it'll make his death much more satisfying,"

Part of Ingressus screamed to not bring harm to his brother, but the other part- the darker part relished in the thought of the Nestoris on his knees bloody and broken. Begging to be spared.

Ingressus smirked at the thought.

It played out in his head, Achillean would most likely try to talk to him and tell him he was wrong, Achillean was so predictable talking his way out of battles instead of fighting them. It was Pathetic, really.

His mind slipped back into a simpler time when they were both young, and still innocent in a way,

The memory was one he had tried to forget to push it away to the back of his mind.

As hard as he tried to stop the memory from flowing.

He couldn't.

"You know, Ingressus, you could apply to become one of  the warriors who protect Nestoria,"

"Yes Achillean," he smiled. "I'm aware,"

"Then why don't you? Your plenty skilled,"

"If I were to do that, I wouldn't be around you or the other Nestoris like, Nova, Imber, Or Solis,"

"So you enjoy spending time with all of us?"

"Of course, why did you think I didn't?" Ingressus asked, concerned.

"You've just been so distant lately.. and I,-"

"-Achillean the reason for that is because it's been two years since I've lived here," Ingressus paused adding. "don't take it personally, it's just hard,"

"That's alright Gress, I'll be here if you want to talk,"

"Thank you, Chil,"

"Of course I've got you brother!"

Ingressus slammed his fist down into the Neatherrack ground. anger and regret bubbled up in his chest.

"Those days are over and gone, I'm a different person," he paused, swallowing his fear.

"I've shown my true colors,"

He got back to his feet, walking back to his chambers.

He stared into a bowl of water, he could see his reflection clearly, his dark hair just barely reached his shoulders; small amounts of stubble had formed on his face, he was getting older. He didn't mind though it just made him feel that much scarier to outsiders.

We all have demons... and sometimes they win.

...

Amaya sat up from sleeping, brushing her messy hair out of her face. She tucked a small stand behind her ear feeling.. strangely at peace. The past couple of days she had been conflicted with her feelings. And how she felt about traveling with the group.

Her daughter Ember had already been awake when the adult Voltaris had awoken.

During this time she had noticed Ember had gotten less and less skittish.

Of course, her daughter was still skittish around Achillean.

Though she hoped with time that would go away.

She picked up her daughter walking out of the tent; the cool air sent shivers down her spine.

Ahead of her Achillean sat alone, his head was tilted upwards as if he was looking at the stars.

"You're up early" she commented, letting him know of her presence.

"I couldn't sleep," he responded. the Tidesinger's voice wavered like he was holding back a flood of emotions.

"dreams?"

"Worse-" he choked out, Amaya noted the fact his hands were shaking moving to sit beside him and she settled down into the snow holding her daughter close.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I don't want to burden you with my problems-"

"Achillean, it's no problem-you might feel better" Amaya squeezed the Nestoris' shoulder comfortingly,

He shook his head, swallowing his rising cry. "Im fine," Achilllean responded

Though it sounded like he was trying to convince himself and not Amaya.

"If you say so-"

"Achillean they have found us- we have little time!" the Sendaris came running back

Amaya froze "wha-"

"-Amaya I need you to go hide please!" Achillean's voice was filled with fear and panic

His golden eyes were wide and alert

"Who- who has found-"

"The Nether- now please get to safety!"

Rising to her feet, she started running away from the camp her heart drummed in her chest.

She had been here before when her son had died.

Achillean would protect them. Wouldn't he?

Spotting a small ice cave ahead, she dove towards it feeling safer than before

"Mom- im scared-" Ember's tiny voice rose up.

"I know, I know."

She held her daughter closer sounds of heavy footsteps thundered above them Amaya trembled slightly, fearing what might happen if the Netherans found them

Amaya glanced around the ice cave, moving deeper into it hoping to hide better.

In the cold air, she could see her smoky breath.

...

Achillean pulled out his staff, igniting the golden enchantment as he swung it at a wither skeleton the moment his staff struck its rib cage the creatures' scorched bones crumbled to the ground.

Blow after blow Achillean and the rest of the group attacked the small nether invasion.

One thought lived in his mind, though.

"Had Amaya and Ember made it to safety?"

He ducked as another wither attacked him as he spun around smashing the skeleton's rib cage in with his staff.

"They have reinforcements coming! Our numbers are far too small to hold off that many!" The Sendaris yelled across the clearing.

Nodding Achillean broke into a run. The sounds of the angry nether inhabitants echoed around the small valley.

Achillean had met up with the others a ways away from the camp during the attack they had not grabbed any supplies.

"If we move now, we can reach the bottom by nightfall. We won't freeze to death," The Sendaris commented.

"Not yet-"

"-Oh please Achillean, leave the Voltaris behind!" The Sendaris snapped.

The other Ardoni in the group all look shocked.

They all respected Achillean; he was the reason the tides of the war had changed.

"Achillean is the leader here. Not you- " Another Sendaris spoke up.

"Would you rather freeze to death!?"

"Amaya and her child have caused no trouble for us-" the Sendaris argued back.

During this whole ordeal, Achillean was thinking the worst.

He had told Amaya to run.

Had he made a mistake?

"-Achillean!" The bad-tempered Sendaris-

Prodigium Interrupted his train of thought.

"The others have made it very clear it's your choice to make," Prodigium spoke through gritted teeth.

...

"We chased the Ardoni attack force away,"

"You mean they got away?" Ingressus growled.

"I- yes" the messenger sighed.

Ingressus clenched his fist, he was so close to capturing Achillean.

He should have gone. they wouldn't have gotten away then.

"You are dismissed," Ingressus waved the Netheran messenger away.

He closed his eyes, massaging his temples. If he wanted it to be done right, he would have to do it himself.

He walked over to the wall mount where his sword and the staff of the Voltaris clan sat Ingressus grabbed the staff sliding it across his back. He then grabbed the sword, storing it in his inventory.

His eyes narrowed to slits. "This is my gift to you, Achillean"

The Voltaris made his way down the nether brick corridor all the hellish creatures he came into contact with, moved out of his way.

"Pythus, Vulcannus," he greeted Kronos' two sons.

"Come to ask for more help from the nether?" Pythus sneered.

Ingressus turned back to the Netheran his eyes blazed.

"No, in fact, I'm leaving the nether to hunt someone down," Ingressus growled. His red eyes darkened. He could be very scary if he wanted to be.

That shut the Netheran up.

"Achillean, I assume?" Kronos came into view his aura was powerful and demonic.

Ingressus would be a fool if he were to act disrespectfully to the powerful netheran.

"As long as he is free, our chances of winning this war drop."

"He is one Ardoni, why waste your time?" Kronos responded his tone was bored but interested in what Ingressus would have to say.

"He has rallied our foes to work together-"

"-And by capturing him you would disrupt that unity," Kronos finished, now understanding why Ingressus was leaving to hunt him down.

Ingressus nodded before turning to leave. He could feel Kronos' eyes on him as he left. The Voltaris lifted his head higher.

The swirling portal stood in front of him. The ancient whispers made his stomach churn.

He sucked in a deep breath before walking inside.

Teleportation between both realms... Was strange, to be honest, Ingressus stumbled out of the portal disoriented from the travel.

He closed his eyes, willing the spinning to stop.

When he opened them, he was disoriented. He glanced around seeing as he was back on Mt. Velgren.

"Ingressus" A familiar voice greeted him.

A smirk formed on his face "Tygren, how have things been here?"

"Well enough- what brings you back?" Tygren came into view; the Voltaris eyes were narrowed to slits.

"Achillean." Ingressus hissed anger bubbled up in his chest.

"Lucky for you an attack force Achillean is traveling with is on Mt. Velgren as we speak,"

Ingressus nodded without another word to the other Voltaris he set off alone hunting for Achillean.

"I'm coming for you,"

AN:

ohohoho

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.4K 1.8K 27
"It was perfect. Everything we'd dreamed it would be. The only thing that wasn't perfect...is me." After the events of Shadowsinger, Solstice is comi...
5.4K 320 33
!!THIS FANFICTION IS BEING REWRITTEN (BUT THIS COPY WILL STAY HERE)!! !SPOILERS FOR BLACK PLASMA STUDIOS' SONGS OF WAR! The symbol in the front cover...
3.3K 141 17
THIS IS ONLY PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD!!! FUCK YOU TEENFIC!!! He was supposed to be dead. He saw it. He saw him die. How was he here? How was he alive an...
143K 3.9K 51
She was born into darkness and chained to a beast of horns... Being mated to my father's worst enemy was a nightmare I never dreamed of. 《》 As the d...