𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐄�...

By -lunatichale

CROWN OF THORNES| "ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴀ ꜰɪɴɢᴇʀ ɪꜱ ᴘʀɪᴄᴋᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴀ ᴛʜᴏʀɴᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴄᴀʀ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ." In which another famil... More

𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐒
━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐍
━ 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇
━ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
━ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
I. Operation: High Fucking School
II. Poke My Hontas
III. Dance The Night Away
IV. Hidden Memories
VI. Mocking Edward 101
VII. M.B.T.
𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. Sunny Day Hostess

V. Which Hale

8.2K 407 134
By -lunatichale

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

CROWN OF THORNES
𝖜𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖍 𝖍𝖆𝖑𝖊

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐏𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆!" 𝐉𝐀𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐋𝐄. Her eyes were currently covered by Jasper's hands and the only thing she could trust for her to not trip over was his presence.

Class ended a couple of minutes ago and Miracle told her siblings that she was going with Jasper. Parker and Olivia decided that it would be fine, knowing that Miracle would be safe with Jasper. Sebastian, on the other hand, took a lot more convincing, mostly from Alice, telling him that if something bad was to happen, she should've seen it by now. But currently, nothing was wrong.

So, thanks to the pixie-haired girl, Sebastian allowed his little sister to go on some kind of date with the honey-blonde vampire.

"You're not gonna kill me, are you?" Miracle asked.

"You're already falling in love with me, I'm not gonna waste that." Jasper smugly answered.

Miracle faked a gasp as she continued to struggle to walk in the rough path.

"Your ego is skyrocketing, Mr. Hale. I am not falling in love with you." Miracle said.

Though, wasn't she really? She doesn't even know. She had no idea if this was love or simply an infatuation. But for how fast things are happening, she's leaning more towards infatuation. No one could fall in love with someone that easy, right?

"Tell that to your heart that's fluttering inside your chest, Ms. Thorne." Jasper whispered next to her ear, continuing to grin like a champion as he teased the brunette girl.

"Hey! That's because I'm thinking of Rosie!" Miracle exclaimed, trying to hide the fact that she has a crush on Jasper by telling him another fact that she has a crush on Rosalie.

Jasper furrowed his eyebrows and withdrew his hands from her face, allowing Miracle to see that they're in the middle of the forest.

"Is this where we're supposed to be? Because I'm telling you, it's creeping me out." Miracle said as she looked around before facing Jasper.

"No. No, we're still gonna walk a bit—You like Rosalie?" Jasper asked, a bothered expression plastered across his face as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Miracle shrugged her shoulders casually.

"Sort of. I mean, her whole bitchy personality is kinda turning me on." Miracle said.

Jasper narrowed his eyes at the girl, still with a sour look on his face.

"Hmm." Jasper hummed as he nodded.

He then began to walk past Miracle, causing her to whip around and watch as the honey-blonde vampire walk away from her.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Miracle said as she started running towards him considering that he was talking long and fast strides.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked when she finally reached him.

"Nothing, we're just going to the picnic I set up beside the falls." Jasper bluntly said, not bothering to look at the girl.

Miracle gasped at the information

"I thought it was supposed to be a surprise?! Why did you tell me?!" Miracle whined.

"Because I don't like surprises anymore." Jasper said, acting like a grumpy kid as they proceeded to walk.

Miracle couldn't help but grin teasingly at the honey-blonde vampire once she had realized what was happening.

"Are you jealous?" She asked.

"No." Jasper answered a little too soon.

"You are!"

"No, I'm not!"

"Oh my God, you fucking are! You're jealous because I like Rosie!"

Jasper simply scoffed as a response before grabbing Miracle and lifting her bridal style before he sped towards their destination.

While the honey-blonde vampire lowered the girl on the ground, she kept her eyes fixated on the scenery before her.

It was like she suddenly sucked into Neverland because of how magical this place looked. She swore the waterfalls were twinkling as they flowed with such grace. The grass underneath the soles of their shoes was vividly green, as well as the trees and bushes surrounding the area. The sky was bluer than ever. The rays of the sun were shining brightly down them.

It was beyond magical. Was she really still on earth?

"Wow." Miracle mumbled as her hazel-brown eyes roamed around the area, taking in every fine detail of her surroundings.

There was not one imperfection in the place. Everything was just perfect, including the person standing right next to her.

"So, who would you rather choose, Rosalie or me?" Jasper asked out of the blue.

The smile plastered on her face that was filled with awe suddenly disappeared when she glanced at the honey-blonde vampire.

"We're still on that?" Miracle asked.

"Yep." Jasper said, popping the 'p'.

Miracle rolled her eyes playfully and shook her head.

"I don't know, okay?" She said, walking over to the picnic that Jasper had set up and sitting on the blanket.

Jasper soon joined her, sitting down next to her with a determined look.

"I have an idea." Jasper said. "You need to clear your mind, okay? I'm gonna ask you a bunch of questions and you're not gonna think. You're just gonna answer using your instincts."

"Jasper—" Miracle tried to convince him to drop it but he insisted.

"Please?" He said.

She looked at him with a playful glare. "Fine. But after that, I need to eat because I smell a burger coming from this basket."

"Okay. Clear your mind." Jasper said.

"It's cleared." Miracle answered as they stared right into each other's eyes.

"Blue or Yellow?"

"Blue."

"Guitar or Piano?"

"Piano."

"Champagne or Wine?"

"Wine. Oh, that's weird. I thought I liked Champagne more." Miracle said, thinking for a moment.

"Miracle, no thinking." Jasper said as he smiled at her.

"Oh, right. Go." Miracle replied.

"Cats or dogs?"

"Dogs."

"Pizza or Burger."

"Pizza."

"Rosalie or me?"

"Rosalie. Oop—" Miracle widened her eyes as she placed a hand over her mouth.

Jasper simply gave an unimpressed look before he took the basket away from Miracle.

"You're not getting the basket." Jasper said.

"But..." Miracle whined before she pouted.

She lowered her head like a sad little kid as Jasper glanced at her, seeing how sad she looked. She knew he couldn't resist her, and he knew she was using that against him. What made it even more annoying, was that it was working.

"Fine, here. Besides, it's not like I can eat them." Jasper said as he handed the basket over to Miracle.

The brunette girl suddenly smiled brightly as she gladly took the basket full of food. She immediately took the one wrapped with aluminum foil, which she assumed to be a burger. And she was right.

Jasper watched as the girl got all excited because of a cheeseburger. Oh, how simple life was to be a human.

You get excited over the littlest things. The only worry every day was how to pass Math or Biology or History. And as a vampire, the littlest things don't excite as much anymore. And the thing they worry about every day was how to keep themselves in control while surrounded by what their nature calls to be their food.

"I'm gonna make you choose me." Jasper said.

Miracle furrowed her brows as she chewed and swallowed. "What?"

"I'm gonna win you over, and you won't even think about being with Rosie." Jasper said.

Miracle playfully rolled her eyes as a smile appeared on her lips.

"Jasper, that is ridiculous. I like you both. Plus, I'm not even thinking about being with Rosie. She's already with Emmett." Miracle said, taking another bite from her burger.

"But you'd still choose her over me." Jasper said. "Give me a couple of days. I'll make you fall in love with me."

"Love is a complex feeling, Jasper Hale." She said, looking at him with a smile but still stated it with seriousness.

"And I'm gonna make you feel it, Miracle Thorne." He replied with the same vibe she did.

Miracle squinted her hazel-brown eyes at the determined honey-blonde vampire, internally debating about whether or not she should jump in in this weird and possibly stupid plan.

"Three weeks. That's how much time I'm giving you to completely win me over." Miracle said.

Jasper smiled widely as if he just won a championship. "I'll do it in two."

"Don't be so sure." She replied before she proceeded to finish her burger.

═══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ═══════

After having the most amazing time with each other, Jasper drove Miracle home before night fell. Pulling over in front of the Thorne Manor, Sebastian instantly opened the front door and made his way out to greet the two.

"Hello, love. How was your date?" Sebastian asked as soon as Miracle reached him and gave him a hug.

"It was great. Thanks for letting me go." Miracle said before pulling away from the hug.

"You're welcome. Go inside, Armand wants to see you." Sebastian told her, making Miracle immediately groan in irritation.

"Here we go." She muttered before looking over at Jasper.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She told Jasper, a sweet smile curling on her lips.

"Yes, ma'am." Jasper simply replied, the response somehow accentuating his Southern accent, which made the brunette girl smile even more sweetly.

She then went inside while Sebastian remained in the front yard in front of Jasper.

"Thank you for driving her home safely." Sebastian said.

"No problem." Jasper replied.

Sebastian made a move to go inside as well but before he could, Jasper spoke again.

"I thought that you'd like this back." Jasper said, pulling out the photograph from his pocket and handing it over to Sebastian.

Sebastian's jaw clenched when he saw Malcolm's face on the polaroid Jasper gave him. He tried to cover up the surprise and anxiety on his face, but it didn't help considering that he was standing in front of an empath.

"Where did you get this?" Sebastian asked, finally managing to utter a response as he averted his gaze from the photo and towards Jasper.

"From Miracle." Jasper just replied.

The grip that Sebastian has on the photo tightened before he responded.

"Does she know him?" He asked.

Jasper examined the features on the brunette vampire's face. He didn't need to read what he's feeling. It was already written all over his face. He was scared.

"No." Jasper said. "She has no idea who that is."

Sebastian stared at the photo for a while longer before nodding.

"Okay." Sebastian simply said, not averting his gaze from the old polaroid photo.

"But she's supposed to, isn't she?" Jasper asked, making Sebastian look at him. "She's supposed to know who that person is. She just...somehow doesn't remember."

Sebastian narrowed his eyes at the honey-blonde vampire, seeing the suspicion in his face and not liking where the conversation was going. Therefore, he just ended it.

"I'll see you at school, Jasper." Sebastian said.

Jasper simply nodded before he turned around to climb in the car and eventually drive away, all while Sebastian was still standing outside.

Miracle knocked on the door of Armand's home office before opening it, only to see that there was a guest inside. Possibly, a business associate.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Sebastian said you wanted to see me." Miracle said.

Armand rose from his desk chair as he settled down his cigarette on the ashtray.

"I do, Miracle. Mr. Callaghan was just leaving." Said Armand.

The man—Mr. Callaghan—looked at the brunette girl with a mix of surprise and confusion.

"You're one of his daughters? But you seem like a sweet girl. I wouldn't have pegged you to be a Thorne." Mr. Callaghan said.

Miracle tilted her head and slightly narrowed her eyes at the man. Armand could only smirk when he recognized that face. The face Miracle makes when she proves people wrong.

"I have daggered-heel boots. Would you like me to take them off and demonstrate how much of a Thorne I really am?" Miracle said, all while her gaze is not wavering from the man.

Mr. Callaghan flickered his gaze between a sassy Miracle and a smirking Armand before he spoke.

"My apologies." He told Miracle before he exited the room.

Miracle closed the door behind her before she faced Armand again.

"I always enjoy it when you scare people like that." Armand said as he walked around his rather large desk.

"What do you need me for?" Miracle asked coldly, still mad at how he just dismissed her before they went to school.

"I called you here to talk about Jasper." He responded while he leaned back on his desk, his arms resting on top.

"Look, Jasper is a good guy. I know he won't hurt me. I mean, he has been treating me really really nice and—" Miracle started rambling on until Armand decided to cut her off.

"It's fine." Armand said.

Miracle stared at him with slight confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, go ahead. If Jasper can get you the happiness you deserve, then why should I get in the way of that?" He said.

That must've been the sweetest thing Armand has said to her in a really long time, and it made Miracle quite emotional as she suddenly ran towards him and gave him a big hug.

"Thank you." She muttered.

Armand smiled before returning the hug.

"But you still need to bring him here first. I'd like to shake him up a bit." He replied as a mischievous grin appeared on his lips.

"Sure." Miracle said while she pulled away. "That would be hilarious!"

Armand simply smiled at his adoptive daughter as she exited the room. He hasn't seen her this happy for quite a long time. He just wished that Jasper would do better in making her happy than any of them ever did.

Double Update! I decided to end the chapter here because the next scene would be a lot more fitting if it's in the next chapter. But, I hope you still enjoyed this chapter even though it's quite short!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 756 17
𝒾'𝓋𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒷𝓇𝑜𝓀𝑒, 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒷𝓊𝓈𝓉, 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓈𝓃𝒶𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝓈𝑜 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓅𝒶𝓇𝑒𝒹, 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 ...
168K 7.6K 35
.•A story in which a vampire and a hybrid find each other in a strange way, and end up being perfect for each other. When a human enters their family...
315K 2.9K 14
Cassandra "Cassie" Swan, moves with her twin sister, Isabella "Bella" Swan, to Forks to live with her dad. Having already come to terms with how her...
38.8K 1.4K 14
ℑ𝔫 𝔚𝔥𝔦𝔠𝔥, 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔥 𝔠𝔞𝔫 𝔭𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔱𝔯𝔲𝔢 𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢. 𝕻𝖗𝖊 𝕿𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 -- 𝕭𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕯𝖆𝖜𝖓 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 2 Rosal...