Tragedy ✧ John Murphy

By SuperWalkingThrones

Julia Blake wasn't supposed to be born. Ninety-seven years ago there was a nuclear apocalypse on Earth. All... More

• Act 1 •
• Prologue •
• Chapter 1 •
• Chapter 2 •
• Chapter 3 •
• Chapter 4 •
• Chapter 5 •
• Chapter 6 •
• Chapter 7 •
• Chapter 8 •
• Chapter 10 •
• Chapter 11 •
• Chapter 12 •
• Chapter 13 •
• Chapter 14 •
• Chapter 15 •
• Chapter 16 •
• Chapter 17 •
• Chapter 18 •
• Chapter 19 •
• Chapter 20 •
• Chapter 21 •
• Chapter 22 •
• Chapter 23 •
• Chapter 24 •
• Chapter 25 •
• Chapter 26 •
• Act 2 •
• Chapter 27 •
• Chapter 28 •
• Chapter 29 •
• Chapter 30 •
• Chapter 31 •
• Chapter 32 •
• Chapter 33 •

• Chapter 9 •

3.1K 73 1
By SuperWalkingThrones

Third Person's POV

Julia was sleeping in her tent when suddenly there was a lot of noise outside. "Check it out!" One guy yelled. Then Octavia shouted. "Bellamy! Julia! Get out here!"

Julia quickly went outside to see what was happening. Octavia stood between her siblings and pointed in the sky to show them what the big deal was. Julia looked up and was shocked to see that there was a pod from the Ark falling down. Then it deployed its parachute.

"They're coming to help us. Now we can kick some grounder ass." Jones spoke. "Please tell me they brought down some shampoo." A girl said as Julia just looked over at her brother. He had a worried look on his face. To most people, they wouldn't be able to tell as he tried to keep his expression neutral, but Julia knew.

~~~

Octavia and Julia entered Bellamy's tent where he was making plans with Jones. "Okay, if it cleared the ridge, it's probably near the lake." Jones told Bellamy.

"We should get moving. Everyone's ready." Octavia spoke up, but Bellamy shook his head. "No one's going anywhere. Not while it's dark. It isn't safe. We'll head out at first light. Pass the word." Bellamy instructed and everyone else left the tent except Octavia and Julia.

"Everyone for 100 miles saw this thing come down. What if the grounders get to it first?" Octavia questioned and Julia nodded. "She's right. We should go now."

Bellamy turned to look at his youngest sister. "You're not going anywhere. I wasn't kidding when I said you aren't leaving this camp. As for the rest of us, we wait until sunrise." Bellamy said and Julia angrily left the tent.

She knew that Bellamy didn't trust that she wouldn't go after Murphy if he let her leave. And, I mean, he wasn't wrong. The first chance she got, she planned on leaving to go find her friend. But Bellamy was still angering her, on top of the anger she already had for him for both hanging Murphy and banishing him.

~~~

It wasn't long after that that Clarke and Finn returned to camp. The first person they saw was Julia so they walked up to her.

"Hey, where's Bellamy?" Clarke questioned. "Who cares?" Julia responded and Finn gave her a look. "I don't know." She answered seriously.

"You saw the ship, didn't you?" Clarke asked and Julia nodded. "Well, grab your stuff. Let's head out." Finn told her and she sighed angrily.

"Well, I would, but apparently I'm not allowed to leave camp. Like, at all. Besides, Bellamy told everyone that we're not supposed to leave until first light anyway." Julia informed them.

Clarke and Finn quickly went over to Bellamy's tent and Julia followed behind them. Clarke barged in and Julia heard a girl say, "Ever heard of knocking, bitch?"

Finn and Julia entered the tent too. "Oh, great, it's a free show. Anyone else want to take a look?" The girl spoke and Julia saw she was in her undergarments and there was another girl in Bellamy's bed.

Gross. Julia thought as her face scrunched up. She didn't want to think about her brother having girls in his tent.

"Where the hell is Bellamy?" Clarke demanded. "He took off a while ago." The girl answered and Finn noticed something. "Gear's gone." He spoke.

"He told everyone to stay. Whatever's in that thing, he wants it. We've gotta get there before he does." Clarke said before the three of them exited the tent.

Outside, Finn turned to Julia. "If you want to come, go grab your stuff, quickly." He told her and she didn't move from where she was standing with her arms crossed.

"I already told you, Bellamy said–" Finn cut her off. "Right now, I don't really give a rat's ass what your brother says, so if you want to come, then come. Just grab your stuff quickly." Finn told her and Julia didn't hesitate.

She ran off in the direction of her tent, going to grab her things. She grabbed her knife and her bag which had a bottle of water in it and some extra provisions.

Then she went and met Clarke and Finn near the entrance to the camp. She tried to exit with them but Jones stopped her. "Whoa. Where are you going? You know as well as I do that you're not allowed to leave." Jones spoke to Julia. Clarke and Finn turned back to face him.

"Listen, Bellamy's not the only one in charge anymore. And we've decided that Julia is coming with us." Clarke spoke.

"You got a problem with that?" Finn questioned and Jones didn't respond for a moment. Finally, he backed off and let her pass.

Julia grinned as she followed Clarke and Finn out of the camp. Finally, she was out.

~~~

After walking for a little bit behind Clarke and Finn, Julia knew she had to get away from them. But she didn't want to just leave them, in case when they noticed she was gone they'd try to find her.

She jogged up to them and grabbed Finn's arm lightly, stopping him and Clarke as they turned to face her.

"Guys, I really appreciate you letting me come with you, but I don't feel well. Is it okay if I go back to camp?" Julia questioned and Clarke nodded. "Of course."

"Thanks." Julia spoke and was about to turn away when Finn pulled her into a hug. "Be safe. Feel better." He told her and she nodded. "You both be safe too." Julia replied before Finn pulled back and let Julia leave.

He watched her walk back in the direction of the camp for a few moments before he turned and both he and Clarke continued towards the ship that fell from the sky.

~~~

Soon, it was light out and Julia was wondering the woods. She didn't know where she was going exactly, but she knew who she was looking for.

However, she stopped in her tracks when she heard her name being called. "Shit," Julia muttered before turning around to see her older sister.

Octavia walked over to her sister as Julia tried to explain. "I know I'm not supposed to be outside of camp, but O, I need to find Murphy. He's my best friend and I told him I'd always be there for him. Yes, he made a mistake. He handled the Charlotte situation terribly, but he's not a bad guy, honest. I can't just abandon him."

Octavia stopped in front of Julia and raised her hand to cut her off from continuing. "You don't need to explain, Jules. I didn't agree with Bellamy forcing you to stay in the camp. I don't agree with Bellamy about a lot of things."

Julia raised her eyebrows in surprise at Octavia's tone. "What did Bellamy do?" Julia questioned, recognizing the frustration in her sister's voice.

"He shot the chancellor to get onto the ship to protect us. That's why he doesn't want us to be able to contact the Ark. It's to save his own ass." Octavia explained, creating air quotes around the word "protect".

Julia couldn't believe what Octavia just revealed. "Jaha? Bellamy shot Jaha?" Julia questioned, her head leaning forward slightly in disbelief.

Octavia nodded in confirmation. "Yeah, and he basically said it's our fault that he did it." She said and Julia just stood there as she tried to process this information.

After a few moments, Octavia spoke up again. "So if you want to go try and find Murphy against Bellamy's wishes, be my guest. But I'm coming with you and we're not staying out past dark."

Julia shook her head. "O, I have to find him. I don't care how long it takes." She spoke but Octavia just put her hand on her shoulder.

"Jules, I promise I'll help you look for him. But it's not safe out here, especially after dark, so we need to be back at camp before then. I don't want anything to happen to you and I'm sure Murphy doesn't either, so we go back before dark, okay?" Octavia spoke and Julia waited a moment before sighing and nodding, giving in.

"Good. Then let's go find your friend." Octavia said before the sisters went off, searching for Murphy.

~~~

It was a few hours later and the sisters still hadn't found any trace of Murphy.

They were walking when they suddenly heard rustling nearby. A bird cawed and there was more rustling. Quickly, Octavia grabbed Julia's wrist and started running, making Julia run too.

They ran over roots and past bushes and trees, swiping branches away from their face as they went. Until suddenly they were out of the trees and on the top of a large steep hill.

Julia grabbed her knife from her waistband just in case. There was definitely something behind them and so Octavia continued to hold onto Julia's wrist as they started down the hill.

But Octavia tripped, making both sisters fall and tumble down the hill. They hit the bottom hard and Julia's knife fell on the ground as both she and Octavia were knocked unconscious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.8K 756 37
~~~~~ There were more things on the earth than what the 100 originally expected. That is true. But they haven't met the desert wolf yet. The grounder...
10.4K 220 47
Ataraxia (at·​a·​rax·​ia) (n.) a state of blissful and serene calmness; freedom from emotional disturbance and anxiety. [ Bellamy Blake x OC ] When F...
18.2K 268 32
From the same station on the Ark, to the same group going to Earth, y/n y/l/n and Bellamy Blake re-unite after years of not seeing eachother. Y/N was...
395K 5.8K 31
Based upon Season One of The 100 - - "Bellamy Blake. You're a lot of things. A rat, a janitor, a criminal, but I would have never thought you'd be a...