LIKE LIGHTNING | Harry Potter...

By living_typewriter

When y/n started her 4th year at Hogwarts, she wanted something new. Little did she know that she'd end up fa... More

⁕ the beginning ⁕
⁕ just breathe ⁕
⁕ diagon alley ⁕
⁕ ear to ear ⁕
⁕ platform 9 3/4 ⁕
⁕back to school ⁕
⁕ the goblet of fire ⁕
⁕ bite me? ⁕
⁕ cruciatus ⁕
⁕ common room whispers ⁕
⁕ quidditch try outs ⁕
⁕ amortentia ⁕
⁕ you are my student ⁕
⁕ burning parchment ⁕
⁕ after ⁕
⁕ moonlight kisses ⁕
⁕ rita skeeter ⁕
⁕ hogsmeade ⁕
⁕ the first task ⁕
⁕ bliss ⁕
⁕ ballroom dancing ⁕
⁕ white winter ⁕
⁕ prefects bathroom ⁕
⁕ this doesn't change anything ⁕
⁕ ruby ⁕
⁕ the yule ball ⁕
⁕ greatest party of the decade ⁕
⁕ slow burn ⁕
⁕ gillyweed ⁕
⁕ the black lake ⁕
⁕ the second task ⁕
⁕ runny nose ⁕
⁕ too young ⁕
⁕ padfoot returns ⁕
⁕ sunny afternoon ⁕
⁕ fistfight ⁕
⁕ puzzle pieces ⁕
⁕ the madness of mr. crouch ⁕
☆*: .。.ANNOUCEMENT.。.:*☆
⁕ hospital wing ⁕
⁕ indigo meadow ⁕
⁕ premonitions ⁕
⁕ eavesdropper ⁕
⁕ pranksters ⁕
⁕ the pensieve ⁕
⁕ curiosity is not a sin ⁕
⁕ quatervois ⁕
⁕ halcyon ⁕
⁕ behind closed doors ⁕
⁕ the third task ⁕
⁕ the clock is ticking ⁕
⁕ flesh, blood, and bone ⁕
⁕ truth be told ⁕
⁕ the death eaters ⁕
☆*: .。.ANNOUCEMENT.。.:*☆
⁕ the start ⁕
⁕ truth serum ⁕
⁕ veritaserum ⁕
⁕ the end ⁕
⁕ the memorial ⁕
⁕ going home ⁕
⁕ back to privet drive ⁕
⁕ a lie in the petunias ⁕
⁕ dudley gets demented ⁕
⁕ expulsion ⁕
⁕ a letter to harry ⁕
⁕ number twelve grimmauld place ⁕
⁕ silence is very loud ⁕
⁕ severe ⁕

⁕ the midnight stroll ⁕

4.2K 150 224
By living_typewriter

Y/N POV

My days went as scheduled. Mornings comprised many kisses on the cheek from Harry during breakfast. Afternoons were an abundance of kisses from Harry in the hallways between classes. And the evenings... well, as you've already guessed, were filled with lots of passionate kisses from Harry by the fireplace. 

It's not like I opposed to them, I couldn't get enough- but my lips were getting considerably chapped.  It was now at the end of the Easter holiday and a package from Percy and Mrs. Weasley had been sent to us. Hedwig swooped in from an open window in the Gryffindor Common Room and dropped a small parcel with a letter with it. She gave a happy hoot before flying back out the window. 

Ron snatched the letter as Harry exclaimed, "Don't you want to see what Percy's written?" 

The letter was short and irritated. 

As I am constantly telling the  Daily Prophet, Mr. Crouch is taking a well-deserved break. He is sending in regular owls with instructions. No, I haven't actually seen him, but I think I can be trusted to know my own superior's handwriting. I have quite enough to do at the moment without trying to quash these ridiculous rumors. Please don't bother me again unless it's something important. Happy Easter.

"Well-" I started, "that was not quite helpful." I finished with a half-hearted smile. 

Ron mumbled something under his breath and I was certain I heard Percy's name. I tried to think about something besides Percy's unhelpful letter and was reminded that Quidditch practices would start soon. The start of the summer term would normally have meant that we would be training hard for the last Quidditch match of the season. But because of the Triwizard Tournament, our season would be shorter and in the spring through the beginning of summer. Just enough time to finish right before the final task of the tournament. 

It was a shame that Harry wouldn't be able to play this year, but I looked forward to next year when we could compete against each other. 

This particular afternoon Professor McGonagall had pulled Harry aside after Transfigurating. She had told him, "You are to go down to the Quidditch field tonight at nine o'clock, Potter. Mr. Bagman will be there to tell the champions about the third and final task." 

It was now 8 pm and the four of us sat near the warm fireplace, awaiting news of what the task would be. 

Harry turned to me, "Y/N. Do you want to come down to the pitch with me?" he asked. 

"Yeah of course I'll go." I replied. So at half-past eight, Harry and I left Hermione and Ron in Gryffindor Tower and went downstairs. As we crossed the entrance hall, Cedric Diggory came up from the Hufflepuff common room. 

I gave him a small smile before he faced Harry and asked, "What'd you reckon it's going to be? Fleur keeps on going on about underground tunnels; she reckons we've got to find treasure." 

"That wouldn't be too bad." Harry said as we walked down the dark lawn to the Quidditch stadium. I gave Harry a small peck before sitting down on a small bench outside the entrance of the field. 

Harry's POV

The Quidditch field was no longer smooth and flat. It looked as if somebody had built low walls all over that twisted and crisscrossed into every direction. 

"They're hedges!" I said out loud. Looking down at the one closest to me. 

"Hello there!" I heard a cheery voice call out. 

Standing the middle of the field was Ludo Bagman, standing with Fleur and Krum. Cedric and I made our way towards them, jumping over the hedges. 

"Well, what d'you think?" asked Bagman, looking pleased with himself. "Growing nicely, aren't they? Give them a month and Hagrid'll have them twenty feet high. Don't worry, you'll have your Quidditch field back to normal when the task is over! Now, I imagine you can guess what we're making here?"

No one spoke for a moment and then- 

"Maze." Grunted Krum. 

"That's right!" said Bagman. "A maze. The third task's really very straightforward. The Triwizard Cup will be placed in the middle of the maze. The first champion to touch it will receive full marks!" 

"We seemply a've to get through the maze?" asked Fleur. 

"There will be obstacles," said Bagman happily. He seemed way too excited for this task and he bounced on the heels of his feet, "Hagrid is providing a number of creatures, then there will be spells that must be broken... all that sort of thing, you know. Now, the champions who are leading with points will enter the maze first," He pointed towards me and Cedric, "Then Mr. Krum will enter.. then Miss Delacour. But you'll all be with a fighting chance, depending on how well you get through the obstacles. Should be fun, eh?" He finished. 

If Hagrid was providing creates, it was likely this wouldn't be a fun event at all, I thought to myself. I nodded with the rest of the champions. 

"Very well... if you haven't got any questions, we'll go back up to the castle, shall we, it's a bit chilly..." 

As we walked back out of the field, Bagman hurried alongside me. I had a feeling he would start offering help again but just then I felt a hand tap me on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Krum

"Could I haff a word?" 

"Yeah, all right." I said, surprised. Why would Krum want to be talking to me. 

"Vill you walk with me." He offered, and I obliged. I could see the shadow of Y/N in the distance and became to speed up a bit. 

"Okay." I said curiously. 

"I vant to know, vot there is between you and Hermy-own-ninny." Krum said, glowering at me. I stared at him open mouthed before saying, 

"Nothing. Hermione is my friend. And she always has been." I explained. We were getting closer to Y/N. 

"Hermy-own-ninny talks about you very often." Krum said, looking at me suspiciously. 

"Look, I also have a girlfriend. Me and Hermione are just friends. Look." I pointed towards Y/N who had stood up from the bench she was sitting on. She smiled at me before noticing Krum and then glancing between the two of us. Grabbing her hand I said to Krum, 

"Uh- Krum, this is Y/N. She's my girlfriend." I made sure to enunciate the last word so that it would get through his head. I couldn't believe I was having this conversation with Viktor Krum, the famous International Quidditch Player. 

"You haff never... you haff not..." He started again. 

"No." I said firmly and out of the corner of my eye I could see Y/N smirk. 

Krum looked slighter happier and then stared at me for a few seconds before walking off back to the Durmstrang ship. When he was finally out of earshot I turned to Y/N and laughed with her. 

"Was that was I think it was?" She asked, her hand holding her stomach. 

"Krum apparently thinks I'm in love with Hermione. He's very much wrong though. I'm only in love with you." I said cheesily, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. 

"You're too much." She said, blush blooming on her cheeks before giving me a kiss. We strolled back to the castle, opting to take a longer route near the forest. It had only been a few minutes later before something moved behind Y/N in the trees. I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her behind me, reaching for my wand. 

"What is it?" she asked in a whisper, noticing how tense I was. I shook my head, still staring at the place where I'd seen movement. Suddenly a man staggered out from behind a tall oak tree. I didn't recognize him and then, taking a further look, I realized it was Barty Crouch. 

He looked as if he had been traveling for days and the knees of his robes were ripped and his skin was bleeding. He looked exhausted and his face was grey with tiredness. What was more concerning was the way he was acting. He was muttering something under his breath. 

"Isn't that-" Y/N started. 

"Mr. Crouch. Yeah." I finished, still watching him stagger out of the woods. 

".... and when you've done that, Weatherby, send an owl to Dumbledore confirming the number of Durmstrang students who will be attending the tournament, Karkaroff....."

"Umm, Mr. Crouch?" I said cautiously. "Are you alright?" Crouch's eyes were rolling into the back of his head. 

"What's wrong with him?" Y/N asked, her brows furrowed in confusion. 

"No idea. Listen you better go and get someone." 

"And leave you here with him? Yeah right." She said, turning to me. 

"Dumbledore!" Gasped Crouch. He reached out and seized a handful of my robes. Y/N jumped back, scanning the two of us, looking as if she was determining what to do. 

"I need..... see.... Dumbledore...." He managed to spit out. 

"Okay, we'll take you to Dumbledore, if you get up." Y/N said in a soothing voice, moving closer to Crouch, who was still holding onto me for dear life. 

"I've done.... stupid.... thing." He breathed out. He looked utterly mad and every word he said seemed to cost him an immense effort. 

"Get up Mr. Crouch! And I'll take you to Dumbledore!" I nearly had to scream at him.

"Who.....you." he asked. 

"Uhh, I'm a student at the school." I said, not wanting to tell him my name. 

"You're-you're not his-" He whispered, his face sagging. 

"No." I said, wondering what he meant. 

"Warn... Dumbledore...." 

"I'll go get Dumbledore- if you let go of me." I said, trying to pry his grimy nails off of my robes. 

"Thank you, Weatherby...." He let go and was now talking to a tree. 

"You stay here with him." I told Y/N, who looked like she was going to put up a fight about splitting up, but I cut her off, 

"I'll get Dumbledore, I'll be quicker, I know where his office is-" 

"Fine. But hurry." She said, pulling out her wand and pointing it towards Mr. Crouch. 

I sprinting away from the forest and up through the dark deserted grounds. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyyyy

Word Count: 1716

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 61.5K 68
Hanging over George's back, you grunted, "Seriously, put me down, Weasley." He shook his head and laughed gleefully while he carried you downstairs...
880 35 12
Vivian Jasper a 6th-year student comes back from Christmas break at Hogwarts and meets new friends and becomes involved in a new romance. ...
33.8K 779 63
MATURE AND SMUT WARNING. Finally 4th years!! So much has changed over the summer. Couples, break ups, yuleball, triwizard tournament, love. "I love y...
1.9K 35 13
" 𝗡𝗼! 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲! 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗜 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆, 𝗜 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺! 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗯𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗵�...