RAYNE (SBTE Book 5)

By wolflover2012

Amazing cover was made by Forever_Young2296 Being a girl growing up in a werewolf pack is hard. Being the onl... More

Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Marcus's P.O.V
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter LIAM'S P.O.V
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Marcus's P.O.V
Liam's P.O.V
Chapter Twenty Three
Liam's P.O.V
Liam's P.O.V
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
LIAM'S P.O.V
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Epilogue

Chapter Seventeen

31.8K 725 130
By wolflover2012

Chapter Seventeen

Liam looked at AJ then at Rayne, and noticed the panicked look in her eyes "He doesn't know, does he?" he asked softly.

Rayne discreetly shook her head.

Liam let out a huge breath "Nothing" He mumbled "I just meant that I will be taking fantastic care of your niece"

AJ looked her "Rayne do you mind telling me why Liam here seems to think you have been treated badly by the pack?"

Rayne actually considered telling her uncle the truth but knew that it would just create too much drama, sighing she shook her "I don't know what he's talking about uncle AJ" She said softly.

AJ frowned at her for a moment before looking back at Liam and staring at him "Has someone been picking on you Rayne?" He asked when he finally returned his stare to her.

"It's fine uncle AJ, please just pretend you didn't hear Liam say that" She whispered.

"How can I forget about hearing that?" AJ asked her

But before she could answer him she heard a growl coming from behind her. Rayne spun around just as a rogue jumped out of the bushes at her.

Rayne instantly changed from her human form to her lion one, she noticed the rouge eyes widen when he realised what she was.

She jumped into the air and met the rogue half way latching her jaw around it's throat before her feet even touched the ground. The rogue thrashed in her hold forcing Rayne to clamp her jaw tighter. She shook her head side to side until she heard the all too familiar sound of the rogues neck breaking.

Once she released the dead rouges neck she turned around and noticed there were four more rogues. Two were fighting her uncle and two were fighting Liam, she wasted no time jumping on one of the rogues Liam was fighting. She couldn't reach his throat so she bite down on his back as close to his neck as she could get. The rogue yelped loudly and tried to buck Rayne off. She eventually let go and fell to the ground on her back before feeling the weight of the rogue on top of her.

The mangy brown rogue was growling in her face, its yellow teeth were trying to get to her throat. She allowed her claws to emerge from her paw and sliced the rogue along his soft underbelly. The rogue yelled and jumped off her. Rayne wasted no time getting to her feet and running towards the mangy wolf and tackling him to the ground before clamping her jaw around his neck and shaking as she had done with the other one, as soon as his neck snapped she dropped the rogue and looked over to her uncle and Liam. She noticed that they had killed the rogues attacking them. Liam's lion form walked over to Rayne and licked her on the face. She rubbed her face down his until she reached his neck.

"Don't think because of one little rogue attack Rayne that I have forgotten what we were talking about" Her uncle said to her through the mind link.

Rayne groaned in her head "Can we not talk about it now uncle AJ, I would like to spend some time alone with Liam."

"I'm not sure it's safe to be out here alone Rayne, there could still be more rogues."

"Yeah and if your wolves weren't so worried about killing my boyfriend those rogues would never had gotten on our land" She snapped at him causing him to growl at her,

Liam not knowing what was going on pushed Rayne out of the way of her uncle and stood between them, he let out a giant roar at her uncle.

"What is he doing?" AJ asked Rayne.

"He thinks you were planning on hurting me, he is protecting me," Rayne explained.

"We will be discussing why your future mate feels he needs to defend you from your family Rayne," Her uncle said before growling once at Liam and walking away.

Rayne let out a sigh of relief that her uncle was not going to push the subject for now. She sniffed the air for any sign of any more rogues. When she couldn't smell any she allowed herself to change back into her human form.

Liam immediately did the same. "Rayne I am so sorry" were the first thing he said to her. "I thought he knew about how the kids treated you"

"It's fine Liam," Rayne said with a sigh. She started walking away in her human form. "Come on we are almost to the waterfall"

She could hear that Liam was following her so she continued walking. It only took about ten minutes walking in their human forms before they reached the waterfall. The entire time that she walked there Rayne kept trying to think how she could get out of telling her Uncle AJ the truth about how the pack treats her.

"Wow this place looks great!" Liam said as he took in the sight before him. The water was running over the edge of the cliff above and then flowing down the small river. Rayne could feel when he had taken his eyes off the water and landed on her. Before she knew it Liam had picked her up and thrown her into the water.

As soon as Rayne surfaced, Liam dived into the water beside her. "You jerk," She said splashing water in his face. Liam reached a hand out, grabbed her arm gently, and pulled her towards him.

"You don't really mean that" He said huskily

Rayne allowed herself to be dragged towards Liam she wrapped her arm around his neck before lifting her legs and wrapping around his waist. It was then that Rayne remembered they were both naked,

She smiled at him before lowering her head to his and kissing him gently before pulling her face away from his. She then un wrapped her arms and legs and swam away from him.

"Hey where are you going?" Liam called out before he started swimming after her.

Rayne had almost swum to the waterfall when she felt a hand wrap around her ankle and pulled her back.

"Gotcha!" She heard Liam say "You really thought you could get away from me huh?" He asked.

She looked back to see him smirking at her.

It didn't take long for them to be back in the same position as before. Her legs and arms wrapped around him while there lips were pressed against each other's and moving in sync.

Liam pulled back first this time "I'm so glad I met you Rayne" He said as he buried his face in her neck.

"Me too" She replied breathlessly causing Liam to chuckle.

"Oh yeah? Prove it" He said.

She smiled at him and brought he lips to his, she didn't waste time before slipping her tongue between his lips. As soon as their tongues touched, she stared to massage his tongue with hers. Rayne groaned in his mouth making the arms he had wrapped around her waist tighten.

Liam started fighting for dominance with his tongue, Rayne finally relented and allowed him control, as soon as his tongue had taken control, she gently grabbed it with her teeth before sucking on it. She released his tongue and allowed him to have full control again.

It didn't take long after that for things to get heated and before they knew it they were making love under the waterfall.

Rayne rested her head on Liam's shoulders as they both were panting from what they had just done. Liam kissed the side of her head. Bringing a smile to Rayne's lips.

"We probably should think about heading back soon," Rayne whispered

"Mmm" Was all Liam had the strength to say.

"Come on" Rayne said as she started to unwrap herself from him. Only to have him grab her and hold her to him

"Not so fast" He whispered, "I want one last kiss"

Rayne smiled but gave him what he asked for. She was just about to pull away from him when she heard a growl coming from the bank of the river.

Both Liam and Rayne looked over and noticed Marcus and Thia standing there. Thia had a look of disgust on her face, while Marcus looked as if he and his wolf were ready to kill someone.

"Well he sure doesn't look too happy" Liam said.

"Yeah" Rayne said. "That might have something to do with the fact that he is my mate"

Liam groaned, "I guess that's our perfect moment ruined"

Rayne UN wrapped her legs from Liam and removed her arms from around his neck. She reached down into the water and took one of his hands in hers.

"Rayne what the fuck are you doing you whore?" Marcus shouted out.

"What did you call her?" Liam said growling

Marcus ignored Liam and glared at Rayne, "I'm waiting"

"Come on Marcus let's go somewhere else" Thia said as she grabbed hold of his arm tried to pull him away.

"No" Marcus said as he snatched his arm back from Thia.

"Hey man what are you doing? I thought we were going swimming?" Rayne's cousin Kane asked as he walked up behind Marcus.

"Not now" Marcus growled

"What, why not?" Kane asked, he walked around and looked at Marcus's face. "Chill man, what's up with your wolf?"

Marcus shook his head and closed his eyes. Rayne could see him take a few large breaths. Rayne looked over at Liam "Maybe now is a good time to get out of here" She said softly. She didn't want her cousin to realise Marcus was about to go wolf because he had found Rayne making out with Liam, he would then work out that they are mates.

"Yeah" Liam said softly. "Although I wouldn't mind sticking around and ripping that guy's head of for calling you a whore"

"Liam please, I don't want anyone knowing his my mate and that he rejected me"

Liam looked Rayne in the eyes and sighed "Fine, but if I ever get him alone I plan on fixing that mouth of his"

Rayne smiled at him before she started making her way over to the bank, she made sure to come out a little upstream from Marcus and as soon as she was out of the water she changed into her lion form and took off towards the woods.

She looked behind her to make sure Liam was following, which he was, before she picked up her pace. It wasn't long before Marcus mind linked with her.

"Don't be thinking I will be forgetting what I had just witnessed Rayne, you and I will be having a nice long chat soon about what you are and are not allowed to do. Making out with anyone but me, is NOT ALLOWED!" He screamed

"Go screw yourself Marcus, I am not yours and you have no say in what I can and can't do. You mated with my sister." She said before blocking Marcus from mind linking with her before. Slowing her pace and eventually stopping. She changed back into her human form.

"So that's him? That's the guy who rejected you? The one that stopped you going into class that day" He shook his head "I should have realised."

"Yes" Rayne said softly. "I really don't understand him, he not only reject me but sleeps with my sister and marks her. Yet he still thinks he has the right to tell me who I can and can't be with"

"He marked your sister?" Liam asked

Rayne nodded her head "Yeah and get this my lovely sister knew he was my mate when she let him do it, she is just as twisted as he is"

"Wait, what, your sister knew you two were mates and she mated with him anyway?"

Rayne shrugged her shoulders "She only did it hoping it would hurt me"

'And did it?"

Rayne looked at him and smiled "I have you now, why would I care about him marking my sister? He just makes me so mad that he thinks he can be with her and still tell me what to do"

"What did your parents say when they found out that your sister mated with your mate?"

Rayne shook her head "Only you, Sammy, my brother and sister know about him being my mate and rejecting me. I didn't want anyone to know."

"Don't you think they should know Rayne? They will need to be prepared for his reaction tonight when he finds out that we are mating."

"What if my family decides not to let us mate because Marcus is my mate" Rayne said softly.

"I can't see how they could after all he did mark your sister."

"Yeah, but he still is my mate. I can't take the risk that they won't let you mark me" She said shaking her head.

Liam grabbed Rayne gently by the shoulders and pushed her up against the tree behind her. He looked her in the eyes "Do you really want to be my mate?" He asked her.

"More than anything" She whispered

Liam smiled at her before lowering his head to her neck kissing it gently, he made his way down to the spot where her neck joins her shoulders. He licked the spot with his tongue. "Are you sure?" He asked. His words were mumbled from his face being pressed against her skin.

"I have never been surer of anything in my life" Rayne answered

Liam wasted no time sinking his teeth in Rayne's neck. "AH" Rayne breathed out. She felt the blood from the bite mark run down her shoulders before she felt Liam's teeth exit her flesh, followed buy his tongue licking the area and all the blood that had escaped until she skin was clean. Were lions have a different Marking ritual then Werewolves. In order for the mating bound to be complete Rayne now had to mark Liam.

Rayne's mate bond with Marcus will not break until Rayne marks Liam. Wanting that bond broken Rayne wasted no time sinking her teeth into his flesh between his neck and shoulder. A copper taste filled her mouth, making her groan.

She felt as the bond between her and Marcus break and the new bond between her and Liam replace it. Even though Marcus will still feel the bound with her, he would of felt something when she had broken her side of the bond. She thought she heard a howl coming from the direction they had just left but she was too focused on the feeling of her and Liam's mating bound to care about anything else. She removed her teeth from his flesh and cleaned up the mess she had made with her tongue.

As soon as she moved her head away from Liam's neck his lips were on hers eating her hungrily.

"I love you Rayne" He said as soon as he pulled back.

"I love you too Liam" She said smiling at him. She couldn't have been more happier if she tried, she could feel his feeling towards her through the bound, she could tell just how much he loved her. Just as he could tell what she was feeling. She knew immediately that she had made the right decision and that she could not have picked a better person to be her mate.

"Now that you no longer have to worry about your pack stopping you from marking me, I think it's time that you tell them everything that has been going on"

"Liam" Rayne said frowning "I can't tell them everything" She said softly looking down at the ground. That happy feeling she was feeling had now vanished and was replaced with sadness.

"Sure you can Rayne I will be there with you"

Rayne shook her head, "I will tell them about Marcus and the rejection, only because they need to know. I will tell them the rest some other time"

"Yeah but Rayne how are you going to explain him rejecting you without explaining why which is tied to how everyone treats you"

"I don't know" Rayne whined.

She looked up in the sky and realised it was starting to get dark "Come on we need to head back before your mum starts to panic that you won't be ready in time for tonight" She said grabbing hold of his hand and dragging him in the direction of the pack house.

"Are you going to tell your parents about me already marking you?" He asked

Rayne shook her head "No, if I can get away with it I will let them think I haven't been marked yet."

"I will be telling mine, but I will ask them not to say anything"

Rayne looked at him and smiled "Thank you Liam"

Liam kissed her on the lips "Anything for my mate"

They walked for about twenty minutes before they reached the spot where they had stripped off their clothes. They both dressed quickly.

Rayne looked at Liam "You can drive my car home so you can get ready and just bring it back tonight."

"Are you sure?" He asked

"I'm sure" She said before kissing him on the lips. "Now get going before your mother starts to panic"

Liam laughed "Ok, I will see you soon"

Rayne watched as Liam walked to her car and got in, he started it immediately and drove off down the driveway.

Rayne looked at the pack house and took a deep breath "Well it's now or never" She muttered to herself before she started walking towards the front door.

==============================================

Ok, so I had a little bit of trouble with Wattpad yesterday. For some reason it didn't seem to like me. :-( So I was no able to reply to your comments. I'm really sorry about that. I like to to try and reply to each and every comment I get but thanks to wattpad I was unable too. So to say sorry to all of you who had comment and didn't get a reply I have made this chapter extra long. (Since I had extra time on my hands not being able to get on here) So I hope this makes up for it. I have read every comment and i'm amazed at how many there are. Thanks guys for all your support. I really appreciate it. :-)

wolflover2012

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 10.1K 27
Astilbe: Promising to wait for that person with patience and dedication. After searching far and wide for ten years, Leon Wolf, the Alpha of the Impe...
199K 1.6K 42
Roxanne Lei Sparks is a highly intelligent, competitive, athletic femme wolf who is about to turn 16 - mating age. Blaze Aston is the next Alpha of t...
60.5K 1.7K 7
After defeating an akuma with chemistry powers, Marinette accidentally got herself blind and gets really scared of how she'll handle her double-life...
445K 9.7K 56
A girl who is terrified of the creatures who made themselves known and a possessive Alpha who has waited all his life for his mate.