♤DEALS♤

By Theodora_lu

Book one in The Dealer's Series. 'Cause this is the best deal that I have ever made.' ♤♤♤♤ Her- "I do what I... More

Hola
Chapter 1- The Wedding Deal
Chapter 2 - A new year
Chapter 3 - A deal on marriage
Chapter 4 - 'So what do you say, Caleb?'
Chapter 5 - A Dealer's graduation
Chapter 7 -Never take Deals for granted
Chapter 8 - The start of the end
Chapter 9 - A Dealer with blackmail
Chapter 10 - Brother
Chapter 11 - Once a Dealer forever a babysitter
Chapter 12 - The worst decision of my life
Chapter 13 - Dealer on a run
Chapter 14 - 'For a musician, your breath sure stinks.'
Chapter 15 - 'Seven Cruel Hours Of Our Lives'
Chapter 16 - Dealing moments
Chapter 17 - 'Keep it up and I'll give your arm a twin with one of your legs.'
Chapter 18 - 'Let's make a deal.'
Chapter 19 - A Dealer doesn't want to make a deal
Chapter 20 - A black grand piano.
Chapter 21 - A Dealer on a date
Chapter 22 - A Dealer's calling
Chapter 23 - 'Meet your sister.'
Chapter 24 - A Deal to regret
Chapter 25 -'I'm the taker of souls.'
Chapter 26 - A Dealer's walls
Chapter 27 - A Dealer's literature
Chapter 28 - Sibling Dealership
Chapter 29 - Tomorrow
Chapter 30 - Dealing with the brother
Chapter 31 - My birthday
Chapter 32 - Mixing deals with pleasure
Chapter 33 - 'From Parks to Parks.'
Chapter 34 - Dealing with Selfish or Selfless
Chapter 35 - A Dealers cons
Chapter 36 - Just stay
Chapter 37 - A Dealer's Goodbye
Chapter 38 - 'My baby is all grown up, falling in love and whatnot.'
Chapter 39 - 'Are you familiar with the Empire, the British empire?'
Chapter 40 - A Deal with Devil's Keeper
Chapter 41 - A Dealer's Wedding
Chapter 42 - What is it with these people and deals?
Chapter 43 - Guilt of a Dealer
Chapter 44 - A Dealer's Battle cry
Chapter 45 - 'Father'
Chapter 46 - Dealing with the truth
Chapter 47 - '...cause this is the best deal that I have ever made.'
Chapter 48 - Dealer against Dealer
Adios mi amigos

Chapter 6 -'And you can sleep on the couch till Marci's funeral!'

64 10 50
By Theodora_lu

Dedicated to hardcandyxo

Keep calm, you'll find the right people for you.

-THEO

Caleb Parks' POV

Many men have been in my position, but the difference between us is that they would have been groaning and doing a dry hump, whereas I am trying not to die of laughter.

"Do you like it, rough baby?" Taryn pouts her lips at me and tried to look cute. And for a fleeting second, I saw her dart her eyes beside me before bringing her eyes back to me.

"Not sure I do. Why don't I ask Jack for his preferences?" I say, to wind her up a bit.

Her pout changes into a glare in seconds. If it had not been for the people around us and the loud music from the speakers, my corpse would have been the next disco ball.

"You're lucky I don't use my heels to give you a new hole in your body." she rolls her eyes, gets up from my lap, and sits beside me. She takes my drink and downs it without breaking eye contact.

The little spitfire that tried to add a new hole in my body was Patrisha Taryn Alden. Let me warn you now, never and I mean never, call her by her first name. The only person who survived after calling her Patrisha was the guy who Taryn glanced at while straddling me. The guy who thought that a club was the best place to celebrate our graduation from college, since everyone would be too drunk to notice a musician in the room.

That guy, ladies and gentlemen, is Jack Guave. Jack and Taryn have had this on-and-off relationship since freshman year. With Jack being my roommate and Taryn being in most of my classes; and our neighbour in the dorms, I can say that I wake up to a new Telenovela where they are stars of just about every day.

"God... Taryn," Jack moans as the girl on his lap does wonders on him.

I turn my attention to Taryn, who has taken her sixth shot of vodka. The fire in her eyes was unmistakable, but the slight hurt was still there. You would have to be close to her to see it.

"I think you've had enough," I say, stopping Taryn from gulping her seventh while slipping a few notes into the stripper's hand.

"Hey!" Taryn scowls while Jack shoots a glare my way because I have stopped their fun. After staying with them these last few years, I am unfazed by them, especially the ominous angel beside me.

"I think it's time we head home," I say, getting up.

Taryn grumbles but stands reluctantly. Until now, it still amazes me how she can keep her alcohol down with her little frame.

"Caleb, dude, I thought we were supposed to loosen up tonight. We just got free from school and that damn teaching hospital." Jack whines while sitting down.

"I don't know, Jack. We might be free from that hospital, but that doesn't mean Caleb won't come to visit you when I stop your bloodline at you." I grip Taryn's waist before she could launch at Jack for like the twelfth time today.

"I don't know, Trish. You might be my roommate. After you survived the surgery of changing your voice box. Caused by you screaming my name too loud over and over and over and over..."

"Why you, little..." My grip on Taryn tightens as she makes to jump on Jack once again.

I didn't miss the slight annoyance morphing into Jack's face as he notices where my hands were. Then he finally stood up from the chair.

He made to open his mouth, but I beat him to it. "I swear, dude, if you don't shut it. You will be the next patient on botched when I let Taryn go."

He raises his hands in mock surrender while Taryn calls him every name under the sun.

During the car ride from the bar to the penthouse, she was still at it, but Jack had joined her when we walked in.

"And you can sleep on the couch till Marci's funeral!" Taryn sent a death glare at Jack as she marches towards the stairs, but he simply flips it off and went into the kitchen to stuff his face with food.

"Why is it my funeral dictates this relationship every single time?" Marci chuckles as she looked at us.

Dressed in the usual emo nightwear, Marci had her hair in a neat French braid while she gave us her full attention.

I joined her in the big chair while she lifts Gail up and put her on the other side of the couch for me to sit. The movie that was playing on the television is now on mute. Not that I would blame her; Jack and Taryn's relationship is better than any movie alive.

"Why are you still up?" I ask.

"Because someone wanted a SpongeBob movie marathon and wouldn't take no for an answer." She playfully glares at Abigail, who was fast asleep.

"Right, how's Nate?"

She quickly shot up from her seat and went to the stairs, "I'm going to check on Taryn." she calls over her shoulders as she walks up the stairs.

I laugh silently to myself. After what Nate did on her tenth birthday, Marci never stops blushing whenever I bring his name up.

I pick up my little sister and take her to her room. After being in the music industry for about four years, I saved up some money and got this penthouse.

Sure Marcel was on my back to have a music room and gym in it, but there was a room for everyone. Jack, my best friend and manager. Taryn, my other best friend and Abigail's babysitter, Marci, prefers staying here at her dad's mansion because it's too quiet.

But I think we both know that if Nate turned up there, Marcel would put the shotgun sitting at the fireplace to good use.

Thing one and thing two, also known as Jacob and Shawn, were my personal guards and bouncers. I learnt that when you're famous, never go out unprotected unless your fans might almost rape and ravish you.

I open the door to a shiny pink and purple room, place Abigail on her bed, and tuck her in. She squirms, so I sing her our favourite lullaby. She immediately calms down and starts sucking her thumb.

Switch on the night light with a grin, I close the doors.

I make my way to my room because I am not ready to be caught in the crossfire of Jack and Taryn, especially when their relationship is in the off phase.

I strip down to my boxers and sit Indian-style on my window still. I look out the window and admire the shining lights above, gathering inspiration to write my next song.

The silence doesn't last long as I hear moans from a room down the hall that I try my best to avoid.

I knew it wouldn't last.

Since my inspiration won't get out tonight, I drop the book and pencil on the table and jump into my bed. The last thing I hear is,

'I will keep to that promise; your voice box has got to go.'

I am really thankful that Abigail's room is far away from here.

-

A heavy weight on my chest wakes me up into the next day.

"Caleb, wake up! Wake up!"

I needed no psychic to tell me that Abigail was in her sugar rush. Again, I really wonder what was I thinking when I made Taryn her personal babysitter.

Also, I might need a new rib; Gail just bruised mine while jumping on my bed with her shoes.

"I suggest you get up, or Abigail might get her to wish on wearing my heels to school today."

Taryn was never one to go back on her word. I was up faster than a crack of lightning.

Since I got up with such a jolt, Abigail's jumping ceased as she lands on me, causing both of us to fall out of the bed. I broke her fall, but my already bruised rib broke her shoes fall.

I bit my lip enough to draw blood to stop the string of curse words from begging to flow out.

Gail could not stop giggling as she found my pain-filled face amusing, while Taryn doubles over with laughter.

I threw a glare at her as her laughter only got louder.

The friends I keep.

"Alright, Gaily, let's get you some breakfast." Taryn helps Gail get off me and out the door, "Don't worry, Cally will be down soon." She calls out as she closes the door.

"Is this where I say sorry?"

Resting on the door, she grins at me. She wears black socks with one of Jack's hoodies adorning her body.

There was no stopping the evil grin that spread onto my face as I made myself stand up and lie back in bed.

I say, "I see your voice box is a safe sound. I wouldn't say the same for my ears, not to mention that of our neighbours'."

Her face instantly went darker. I couldn't tell if it was anger or embarrassment. Then it dawned on me that this might be my deathbed.

I could already picture my headstone,

CALEB PARKS.

Died from the glare of Patrisha Taryn Alden.

"As much as I would love to make a cocoon and stuff you in it, we have bigger problems." She says as her face returns to its colour.

"Sure, what's up?"

"The ape I had slept with may blow his top at me today."

"You mean," I feign shock, "He didn't go deep enough."

Immediately after that phrase left my mouth, a shoe landed on the headrest where my neck was a minute ago.

"I suggest you save the rest for later?" She cocks her head to the side while giving me a look that said, "I dare you."

I made that hand gesture of locking my mouth and throwing away the key. Her lips lifted into a satisfied smile.

"Good."

She pushes herself off the wall, came towards the bed and made herself comfortable beside me.

"My mom is dead." She says emotionlessly.

I turned to face her, but she didn't bat an eye. She just kept going.

"She died from a drug overdose, and my excuse of a dad was too busy sleeping with so many fucking people to notice. So I have to fly all the way back home to do the stupid customs my country makes us kids of the deceased do."

Out of reflex, I pull her into a hug. She remains stiff in my arms. I look into her dead eyes and saw that the shield she had built around herself was going back up.

There is really more to what meets the eye. Sure, Patrisha Taryn Alden behaved like a typical ghetto bitch. Heck, she's from Africa, Nigeria, to be exact. She got a scholarship to school here and has had this brick wall that surrounds her right from the dawn of our meeting.

It took a while to break it, but together with Jack, we did it. Although, there are times I feel that we never broke all the walls down.

And I said kids; Taryn's twin brother Terry was a replica of her, but his story was for another day.

"I honestly don't know what to do." She mumbles..

"You can let it out," she snorts, "Or you can keep it real and move on, regardless."

She removes her head from my shoulder to glance up at me.

"You sure that Gaily didn't step on your brain earlier?" She asks.

I let out a dry laugh at that. "You gotta tell that dimwit, eventually."

She broke out of our hug and fiddle with the hem of the oversized sweater she wore. "I know. You know Jack is more hot-headed than an active volcano."

"Yes, but more active when he becomes some possessive alpha."

A light glare covers her face as she spun to me. Don't blame me, the only soundproof room in this place is my music room.

"Hey, Caleb," I look at her, "Ever heard me play the drums?"

Translation: Your bones will be the sticks while I turn your body into a set of drums.

I chuckle at her usual death threat.

Freshly showered, I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. My favourite emo sister was examining her black nails while reading a novel. Abigail had happy feet from me just walking in. I place a light kiss on her forehead and grab an apple.

"Morning," Jack says as he walks in and lays out a bunch of documents, taking up most of the counter.

"Are you moving? Because if you are, this calls for a celebration."

Jacob hollers as he and Shawn walk in.

These two are more like extra brothers than bodyguards that Marcel hired them to be. When I say the opposite, I mean it. Whatever Jacob does, Shawn will do the exact opposite. The only thing that is the same about them is their height and the bald cut they kept in their hair. Jacob was sporting a beard, while Shawn's face shaves clean.

Jack rolls his eyes at Jacob and said, "Marcel wants me to get us a lot of hotels booked down in neighbouring countries or towns." He pauses from reading a folder to look at me. "Also, you have a meeting with him later today. Then don't forget your visit to the orphanage." He takes a pen and begins signing.

"Okay." I take a big bite of my apple.

Taryn comes to put a band on Abigail's hair and hand her a lunch box. Then Jack drags Taryn to his side and captured her lips.

"I missed you this morning," He says after their kiss.

"And I miss my breakfast," Jack said, cutting into their moment.

"Are you sure you missed it? I saw it inside the maid's mouth this morning with that acorn-sized dignity of yours." Taryn remarks as she gave Shawn and Jacob side hugs, much to Jack's displeasure. She pecks Abigail and Marci on their heads and kicks me in the shin.

Again I lose blood from my lips, and it's not even 8am.

"Are you going to be at the meeting, or is it going to be just me and Marcel?"

Jack threw his hand around Taryn's waist. "I'll be as early as I can." He let out a wolfish grin.

"Try to use protection, kids," Jacob calls out as Abigail drags us down the stairs, avoiding the usual press and getting into the Uber heading to the school she and Marci attend.

"Caleb, guess what?"

I turned to look at my sister, seated between Jacob and Shawn in the far back.

"My teacher said that show and tell are coming up, and she wants you to be our guest of honour."

In order words, she needs an excuse to drool over me. Honestly, not to sound cocky, but the last thing I need is extra girls drooling over me and not paying attention to the overactive kid that sat behind me. I simply nod, doubting whether I would show up for it.

"Ooo, Can Mom and Dad come too?"

I looked away from her as I fought back some tears. I hate when she brings them up; it makes me feel awful that I couldn't help them that day.

"They'll be there as soon as they get back," Shawn replies for me while Jacob squeezes my shoulder.

"But they've been gone for years." Abigail nags, "Can't they take a break from where they travelled to?"

"We're here." The driver announced, sparing us all from answering Abigail.

"Bye, Caleb." Abigail and Marci peck my cheek as they got out of the car. I looked at Jacob to follow them.

"Don't I get to give you a kiss?" he feigned hurt as he put his hand on his heart.

Shawn and I roll our eyes at his antics. Shawn pushed him out of the car and closed the door.

"Wellington records," Shawn said while we both ignored the playful yet icy look that Jacob was shooting our way.

Lost in my thoughts, Shawn tapped me when we reached Wellington records. We came out of the Uber and step past the front door security and into the building.

As usual, the building was bursting with life; I receive the greetings from the workers with a nod. Shawn and I make our way to Marcel's office.

I walked into my second-best Telenovela in the world. Marcel gropes his wife as he sucks one of her boobs. The woman in question throws her head back in ecstasy. That my friends is when she noticed their audience.

She breaks the kiss and slaps him hard. I think I felt my jaw move with that one.

"Crazy has-been," she mutters as she made her way towards the door like a woman who caught her husband in a club with strippers.

Shawn and I part ways for her to pass. She stops to peek me on the cheek, flip Marcel off before walking out and slamming the door. Even though I have spent nearly a decade with these two people, I am still yet to grasp why she blows him hot and cold.

"You are in tune with the women in my family, Boy." Marcel rubs his now dark red face as he sits in his chair behind the table.

He types away on his keyboard and turns around so that the monitor is facing me. He motions for me to come closer.

"I have good news, Caleb. The locals love your hit single so much that I am ready to take the gamble on you going on a world tour."

I don't know when I sat down, but once those words left Marcel's mouth, I got up. I unleash a series of moves to unleash my happiness.

"You done?" Marcel quirks a brow when I pause from dancing. I take an over-exaggerated bow and sit.

"Good. Now, to ensure your haters aren't too many; I think we should start out small." He gets up from his chair and begins rubbing his chin while observing the golden records placed on a wooden shelf behind me, "We leave for the Bahamas in a week and to get the word out, you have an interview with Ken from K-entertainment..."

Old habits die hard.

"Wait, isn't that the show where he literally grills upcoming and already made artists? He looks for fuck ups and...."

"Boy..." he rubs the space between his eyebrows to lessen the wrinkles there. "Yes, actually it is. And..."

Before he could go on, Jack rushes into the room and sits beside me.

Lipstick coats his white shirt in almost every corner. His tie is loose, and let's not forget the just-got-out-of-bed-hair.

Marcel gave him a flat looked as he complimented, "Nice outfit, Guave."

Jack looked down at his choice of clothing and met Marcel's look with a cheeky grin on his face. "Thank you."

"Meanwhile, Caleb, you will appear on K-entertainment by noon sharp."

"Okay, but can Abigail come along..."

"No problem. Then speaking of kids..."

"I swear Trisha and I use protection every goddamn time." Jack immediately says.

Shawn and I burst into full-blown laughter; even Marcel could not keep the amusement off his face.

"I would even be surprised if you told me you guys were having a kid. Now that's just a recipe for disaster."

Jack's cheeks tints a light shade of red from embarrassment.

"Boys, I know the bachelor life is sweet and all, but don't you wanna have that lucky girl that you would one day worship the ground she walks on? Give her the respect she deserves when she puts up with your sorry asses every day."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Marcel Wellington, the most famous producer in the country, a typical ghetto man who could pass off as Taryn's father, just give a mini-speech about settling down?!

"Caleb, I know having a family scares you, especially after what happened to yours," He pauses while Jack gives my shoulder a squeeze, "But that doesn't mean you shouldn't pop that cherry of yours and....."

"Hold up! Did you just say Caleb should pop his cherry? Talk about pigs flying. At least that's guaranteed to happen."

I would love to punch Jack in the face right now, but he's not wrong. The only girls in my life are Gail, Marci, and Taryn.

I am pulled out from my thoughts by Marcel, "Jack, if you want it so much, put a ring on it..."

"Oh oh oh," Que Jack's squeaky yet non-ear screeching voice.

I laugh while Marcel looks to the heavens as if to beg for help.

We finalised the details of the tour and left for the orphanage.

This is where my biological parents abandoned me and where Mr and Mrs Parks found me. Yes, I got bullied for not having a last name, being blonde, and singing in the shower. Safe to say, my self-esteem was used to being crushed for the first eleven years of my life.

But after I got adopted, things started looking up. I bought the orphanage home after my first concert last year; from a man named Mr Rogers. A sweet guy found love with a woman and moved to the Bahamas. The last time I heard from him was a few weeks ago; he now has three lovely kids and two dogs.

Back when I was a kid, the orphanage was run by a Chinese man who really didn't give a damn about what went on as long as no one was dead yet. When I was finally adopted was when Mr Rogers bought it over.

Over the years, I had it renovated, and now everything is in good shape.

Taryn is a huge fan of kids. I couldn't think of a better person to watch over Gail and help me handle the orphanage.

Immediately after we walk in, Jack makes a beeline to the office where Taryn would be. Shawn became a human playground as the kids started climbing and running between his legs.

A shy girl poked my leg while sucking her thumb. I pick her and hold her by my hip.

I smiled warmly. "How are you, Lucy?"

She removes her thumb from her mouth. "Good. Are you going to sing for us?"

I wasn't really feeling it, but I decided to. I dropped her back onto the floor and reached for the guitar I kept at the edge of the room. Before I could sit and start singing, I heard a door slam followed by yelling.

"Would you just listen to me?" Taryn shouts after a very furious Jack. He marches away from her in quick strides towards the exit. All the children had stopped the chatter, and all eyes were on them.

"Taryn, move out of my way," he slowly says.

She stands in front of him and blocks his path.

Not to make a big deal or anything, but he only calls her that when he is extremely pissed. Despite their relationship being off-balance sometimes, his fuse was that thin.

"Please, just listen to me," Taryn said with tears on the bridge of her eyes.

He huffs. Holding her waist, he moves her out of his way, then walks out. Tears stream down her face as she goes back to the office.

Can someone please tell me who I should meet first?

So Caleb is finally going on his world tour😁! I have been itching to write this upcoming part for a while now.

Now, who likes the way the friendship is between Caleb and Taryn?

And who thinks that Jack was a bit too hard on Taryn?

I really love Taryn guys 😍😍

I just found out that the name Taryn means someone adventurous and trust me when I say Patrisha Taryn Alden will keep us well entertained.

Hope y'all aren't confused with the new characters that I added.

Please I wanna hear your thoughts on whose POV you prefer Peyton's or Caleb's?

Stay tuned!🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 160 42
10 years. 10 years of hating Griffin Taylor. Luckily for me, he lives hundreds of miles away and I very rarely have to handle the knowledge he's in...
10M 211K 27
"Karma..." He muttered. I looked over at him as he smiled to himself. "Is a bitch. And so are you!" I joked. Aiden glanced up at me and glared before...
28.5K 1.1K 47
~"You don't- you don't need me." I stared in shock. This was the first shred of emotion he'd shown since he started avoiding me, and I had no idea ho...
12.4K 383 15
Nobody in the Durance family knew what to do when , instead of one , they were given two . Alex Durance ; social butterfly , the lady killer with a...