Inglorious Bastards [Theodore...

By Y_Allen

This is the rewrite of my fanfic BLACK. It is a series and has a different ending! CARINA BLACK could not be... More

The Seven Prophecies
Prologue
PART I
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
PART II
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
PART III
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
PART IV
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
PART V
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
PART VI
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
PART VII
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Thank you!
SEQUEL

Chapter Twenty-Seven

5.2K 202 224
By Y_Allen

When morning came, Carina dragged herself through the dorm to just get ready. Just as she thought she would finally get a good night's sleep once she arrives in Hogwarts, she was plagued by nightmares of Dementors, Sirius Black, and the screaming woman instead. She woke up in the middle of the night after a dream shot her awake – it was of Black – and since that time, she stayed up awake until she fell asleep at around four in the morning, only to be awoken by an alarm at around six for breakfast. She tried her best to make it look like she was fine, especially with Hermione present, but knowing her friend, she would notice something was wrong the moment she sees the dark bags under Carina's eyes. Maybe she should ask Maisie for that glamor charm to hide her sleep-deprived look.

And just as she thought her first day would not get any worse, as she and her friends went to the Great Hall for breakfast, Malfoy, his goons, and Pansy Parkinson could be heard from all the way from the Slytherin table, entertaining their fellow Slytherins of a funny story. The tale of her and Harry fainting on the train. Carina was not in the mood to confront Malfoy and tried to ignore him, but it was hard when her cousin's screeching voice echoed in the Hall.

"Ignore them." Hermione told her and Harry. "Ignore them. it's not worth it."

"I suggest putting a leash on us, then, Hermione." Carina retorted. Clearly annoyed.

"Oi, Black! There are a couple of Dementors looking for you!" Parkinson called out.

Having enough, Carina waved her wand – ignoring Hermione and Harry's attempt at stopping her – and cast a spell that had Parkinson's breakfast exploded and splattered all over her face and Malfoy's. Everyone in Slytherin fell silent but for Roman and Theodore, who were snickering when they passed by Malfoy.

"You'll be sorry, Black!" Malfoy yelled.

"No, I'm not!" Carina called out as she casually sat down at her seat.

"You'll get detention for that," Hermione pointed out.

"Since when didn't she get detention – it'd be a miracle if she and Roman didn't get detention in one school-term!" Ron snickered.

"Besides, I see it as setting a new school record, Mione." Carina snickered.

In the middle of breakfast, George and Fred sat by their group, grinning as they did, and their eyes at Carina.

"Starting the year with a bang, I see," George mused.

"We better step our game, George, or the young ones would take over," said Fred.

"Not to worry, lads, I'm not after your crowns. I'm simply a vigilante, fighting for justice." Carina joked.

"And justice being making Malfoy's breakfast explode?" George chuckled.

"I learned from the best," Carina bowed at the twins.

George and Fred had their hands on their hearts and smiled.

"Our little Carina is all grown up Fred," George wiped a fake tear.

"It was like yesterday she was helping us set fireworks at Percy's room," Fred joined in.

"We're proud of you, child," George patted Carina's head.

Harry and Ron snickered at the twin's antics but their smiles fell when George placed their schedules before them. Carina too frowned at the sight.

"New third-year schedules," George said. "Have a nice term."

"And don't worry about Malfoy, if he tries anything again, tell him this – that he ran into our compartment when the Dementors came to the train," Fred winked at Carina's way.

"Aye, and almost pissed himself as well," George snickered.

"Thank you, I shall use it wisely, oh great wise ones," Carina snickered.

"Oh, and Harry, don't worry, you'll get your chance with Malfoy at Quidditch –" Fred added.

"Gryffindor and Slytherin are the first in the match," said George.

That made Harry smile. Unlike Carina, Quidditch was the only time where he could face Malfoy, and dominate the battle as Malfoy was coming off worse. As they all ate their breakfast (Ron and Carina battling off at the last sausage only to lose when Harry took it), they read through their schedules to see how many classes they would be sharing.

"We're starting with some new subjects today," Hermione happily said. She turned to Carina to see what she was taking. "You're also taking Ancient Runes and Care for Magical Creatures, and Muggle Studies!"

"Hold on, you took Muggle Studies as well? But you live in a Muggle neighborhood," Harry took a peek at Carina's schedule.

"I know, but they're also offering Muggle Arts in that class, so I want to study that, you do remember that I still dance right?" Carina shrugged.

How can Harry forget? Last year, he spent a week if his summer with Carina's family after they abducted him from the Dursleys. Aside from the magical elements and Muggle elements he noticed of the home, he also took note of Carina and Maisie taking dance lessons. There were photos and photos of the two girls in recitals, and he would often find Carina twirling around in her room, or simply when she would get something from the shelf.

"Hermione, I think they've messed up with your schedule," Ron frowned as he checked Hermione's own schedule. "They've got you down for about ten subjects a day. That isn't enough time."

"I'll manage," Hermione said.

Just as Carina was to see Hermione's schedule, the bell rang and Hermione took Carina by the hand so they could head to Ancient Runes together.

"Come along, we don't want to be late for our first day of class," Hermione said. "We'll see you two later!"

Carina bid her goodbye to Harry and Ron, she turned to the Slytherin table to at least do the same with Roman. When their gaze met, Roman, waved at her way and then motioned his thumb that he was leaving already. When Carina and Hermione arrived at their classroom, almost every seat was taken – especially the seats that were beside each other. Hermione sighed when she saw that there was one good seat left at the front. Carina ushered Hermione to take the one at the front while she settled at the one, she was standing by. After saying a quick goodbye, the two girls separated and tried to settle in in their seats.

"Is this seat taken?"

"No, it's – Nott?" Carina froze when she found Theodore Nott taking the seat beside her. He was the last person she thought or even wanted to be seated next to for the next two hours.

"Black." Theodore greeted with a teasing smile. Enough to annoy Carina. He took pride in knowing just what to do to get her riled up. Theodore took out his book, parchment, quill, and ink well for the lesson.

"What are you doing here?" Carina asked.

"Isn't obvious? I'm taking this class." Theodore opened his book, which Carina saw was already filled with annotations at the side. It surprised her that Theodore has started his reading at home. Doesn't this boy ever take a break from school? "I thought you're smart, Black?"

"I thought you and Roman are going to take Divination," Carina said.

"Not really in it for tea-leaf reading and petty fortune-telling. Why, can't I take this class? Who made you Judge, Jury, and Executioner?"

Annoyed by Theodore's presence, Carina stood up with her bag at her shoulder and tried to switch seats, but when she looked around the classroom, every seat was already occupied by students. It seems a lot of students – mostly Ravenclaw – chose Ancient Runes. Reluctantly, Carina sat back down at her seat. Slouching.

"Changed your mind?" Theodore smirked.

"I'm not going to talk to you," Carina muttered.

Theodore chuckled at Carina's stubbornness. After a long dreadful summer, he was always looking forward to seeing Carina's little reactions, and it never failed to disappoint him. Professor Babbling entered the room and began her short introduction followed by the lecture.

"Oh, and by the way, you're welcome," Theodore popped a small piece of toffee into his mouth.

"For what?" Carina asked.

"For saving your stubborn arse from Malfoy and his goons at the train."

"I'm not thanking you for anything – and, it was Roman who came, Nott." Carina sneered. "Besides, I didn't need your help – I could've handled it on my own if it weren't for you –"

"And I thought you weren't talking to me?" Theodore mused, his smirk never faltering.

Carina turned red. Huffing, she turned to face the front of the class and tried to ignore Theodore's presence. Which turned out to be harder than expected as the Nott boy kept on bugging her.

~*~

Meanwhile, at Divination, where Roman found himself nose-deep in a teacup that Morgan Diggory drank from, he was regretting taking the class as an elective as he realized that he did not fancy tea-leaf reading, and was not good at it. He was getting embarrassed as Morgan was doing so much better and has given his reading, while he was having a hard time distinguishing if the image, he was seeing was a broom or a trident that got a really thick end.

"Having a hard time?" Morgan chuckled.

"I not entirely sure if this is a broom or an arrow, to be honest, but one thing's for sure, it looks like it's being shoved up someone's arse." Roman chuckled.

Morgan laughed. "So, it's either, I will expect big changes coming my way or I would capture something... with my butt."

Roman burst out laughing but was hushed by Lavender and Parvati. He said his apologies to the two girls, and then to Morgan for not being a good fortune or tea-leaf reader.

"It's fine. It would take someone who looks through the beyond." Morgan mimicked Professor Trelawney earlier.

Roman was now a laughing mess, which had their Professor reprimand him.

"Stop, stop, or I'll get my arse landed in detention for just laughing my arse off this pillow." Roman snickered. "But seriously, I think – with all my non-existent Divination skills in tea-leaf reading, you will experience good change and get a great fortune."

"Thank you, Roman." Morgan slightly blushed, he tried to hide it but his hair gave him away when it turned pink.

"Huh, that look suits you." Roman grinned.

But Roman and Morgan's little fun was put to an end when Trelawney gasped in horror and dropped Harry's cup at the table, as she said she has seen the grim. And, though Roman was slightly disturbed by what he learned was the meaning of the great black dog, he noticed that Morgan's hair turned white and his eyes were looking around frantically as if he were seeing things.

~*~

After Ancient Runes, Carina was walking beside Theodore, as the two were looking for the same person, Roman. When they found him standing by the archway leading to Hagrid's hut, they were surprised to find Hermione walking down the stairs with Harry and Ron. They opened their mouths to say something but then shut it when they noticed the other doing the same.

"Wasn't Granger in our class earlier?" Theodore said.

"She was." Carina answered.

"What? That's impossible, she was at Divination earlier," Roman said.

"I'm not an idiot, Roman, I saw Granger at class earlier – she was being a bloody know-it-all, while in class."

"Hey, don't talk about Hermione that way, you twat." Carina glared at Theodore.

"Please," Theodore scoffed and walked ahead of them.

"I hate him," Carina muttered.

"Who?" Roman asked.

"Nott, who else?"

"What'd he do now?" Roman sighed.

"Exist."

Just as Roman hoped he could get his two best friends on good terms, but it seems one of them prefers to start little fights with the other. Theodore most of the time. He never really understood Theodore's actions towards Carina, they weren't really like Malfoy's way of bullying Carina, since Theodore simply teases her. Besides, would a bully give free wand licorice like it was a normal thing to do?

"You know, Theodore's not that bad. He even reminds me of someone," Roman mused.

"Not that bad? And who does Nott remind you of?" Carina scoffed.

"You," Roman shrugged.

"Me?!'

Roman laughed at Carina's reaction. "Let's see... you're both annoying –" Carina hit Roman at the shoulder with her Care for Magical Creatures book at the shoulder, and book growled at her, "—both quite smart, and – if not top – one of the top three students in their Houses."

"Hold on, there are smart Slytherins?" Carina asked, jokingly.

Roman pushed Carina, almost having her rolling down the hill. Now, that would be a laugh, he thought. "Of course there are... there's Theodore, Malfoy –"

"Malfoy?!"

"I can't believe it either, and me."

Carina let out a loud and mocking laugh. "You? You're smart – in mischief-making, maybe, dear Roman, but anything else?" She blew a raspberry, "You can't even distinguish a star from a bloody moon!"

Roman gasped exaggeratedly. "That was in first year, and my telescope had something shiny at the lens, and you know it!"

"Tell that to poor Canopus, which is the second brightest star in the sky – and not counting the sun," Carina smirked.

"Shut it, Black."

"Make me, Alston."

They finally arrived and gathered in Hagrid's hut. The half-giant man stood happily as he welcomed everyone. His innocent smile had Carina grinning. Hagrid was just a sweet man who's smile could infect anyone, especially Carina. If she could, she would want to hug Hagrid all day and not let go. Hagrid then led their class into the forest, not far from his hut. The students started taking off their robes and tying their hair due to the heat. Some even untucked their shirts. Roman included, who tossed his robe on Carina's head, while he took off his vest and shoved it in his bag, and then took a large clip to pull back his bangs that got in the way of his eyes.

"Thank you, Carina, who knew you'd make a good coat hanger," Roman teased.

In return, Carina dropped her things in Roman's arms while she fixed her own uniform, and she made sure to take her time doing so.

"Thank you, Roman, who knew you'd make a good butler," Carina snickered.

"Gather 'round. Find yerself a spot," Hagrid called out at the students. "That's it. Now, firs' thing yeh'll want ter do is open yer books –"

"And exactly how do we do that?" Malfoy asked, his distaste for the class and Hagrid showing already.

"Yeh've got ter sroke the spine of course," Hagrid said, as if Malfoy's question was the most idiotic he's ever heard.

Carina and Roman exchanged glances before they stoked the spines of their books, the book purred, and the two opened it to the first page. Which was a surprise since it did not attack them. The first time they tried opening their books was at home. In Carina's case, it was Maisie who asked if she could see her book since her cousin said that the book was "growling" at her, and when she did, the book suddenly attacked her and the two cousins were screaming on Maisie's bed, trying to figure out how to stop it. They managed to do it by trapping the book with mountains of pillows; for Roman, however, it was his own curiosity that had him open the book. It didn't end well with him as it chased him around his house for quite a while, and trapped it in the bathroom – a bad choice since he really needed to pee – and had his father take care of the beast. His mother wasn't too happy about the mess or the book after that.

"They really should put a note about that somewhere," Roman said.

"Agreed, it ate my ballet shoes." Carina whimpered as she remembered the tattered shoes that were left after book attacked it.

While they settled their things by a stump, next to Theodore. Neville opened his book, and the Monster Book of Monster attacked him. The Slytherins laughed at Neville as he tried to wrestle his book shut.

"That's going to leave a mark." Roman chuckled, after seeing the book bite Neville. Carina hit him at the head for laughing at Neville, and Roman muttered an apology, but he couldn't stop smiling at the sight.

"You're supposed to stroke it." Ron chastised Neville.

Hagrid left the class to retrieve the magical creature they were to have for the lesson, which Theodore commented, "A bad idea unless he wanted Potter and Malfoy after each other's throats," and Carina couldn't help but agree, but wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of saying that he agreed with him. Besides, Hagrid was still new to teaching. And just as Theodore started a countdown, she did not know what was for, Malfoy started his little vendetta against Hagrid.

"God, this place is going to the dogs, wait till my father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." Malfoy sneered.

Carina was about to get her wand, but Theodore stopped her and said, "You don't want to ruin Professor Hagrid's first day."

"Shut up, Malfoy," Harry told her cousin.

"Oh on." Carina sighed. Theodore's right – again – she didn't want to make a mess at Hagrid's first day, and she was sure Harry didn't either.

Malfoy took Harry's threatening glare as a joke, he walked up to Harry with a smirk, but then his eyes widened in fear, and pointed at the sky behind him.

"DEMENTOR! DEMENTOR! DEMENTOR!"

Panicked, Harry and Carina turned to see where it was but found nothing. The Slytherins laughed at their reaction, and even pulled up their hoods and mimicked a dementor in the most pathetic way they could. Red from embarrassment, Harry stepped up to attack Malfoy but Carina held him back and said,

"He's not worth it, besides, it's Hagrid's first day."

Nodding, Harry walked away and joined Hermione and Ron.

"You know, those dementors weren't wrong, Black." Malfoy called out (Roman and Theodore got on their feet to stop any possible confrontation), "Black was in the train... I heard you almost got a dementor's kiss, too bad it didn't go through."

Pale, Carina was frozen at her feet. A dementor's kiss, how could she have forgotten about that? She and Harry almost died because of a dementor's kiss. Everyone was confused as to why Carina was not saying or doing anything to Malfoy, usually, by now, Malfoy should be crying back to the castle. Instead, Carina was standing at her place, frozen. Roman got to Carina and pulled her away from Malfoy, he wrapped his arm around her and whispered that she ignored Malfoy. But was easier said than done as Sirius Black was haunting her mind once again. Theodore came to their side and handed Roman a piece of chocolate.

"I'm surrounded by immature brats," Theodore muttered.

"Aye, make sure Malfoy keeps an eye open when he sleeps tonight," Roman glared at Malfoy's way. He was opening the chocolate wrapper and was about to toss it in his mouth but Theodore stopped him.

"It's for Black, you idiot, have her eat it to calm her down," Theodore said.

"Oh." Roman muttered and handed the chocolate to Carina, who did not even ask who it was and just dropped it in her mouth. He turned to Theodore to ask if he had anymore, but the Nott boy has settled in reading while chewing on some toffee.

Hagrid finally returned with a strange beast. The beast was majestic and proud, it had a torse, hind legs, and a tail of a horse, but the front, wings, and head of a giant eagle. The students gasped in fear of the creature and backed away.

"Beau'iful isn't he? 'ere is Buckbeak," Hagrid introduced the creature as if he were introducing a friend.

"Hagrid, what exactly is that?" Ron asked.

"A Hippogriff, o' course. Now, firs' thing yeh gotta know is that they're proud creatures. Easily offended, Hippogriffs are. Don't ever insult one, 'cause might be the las' thing yeh do," Hagrid patted the Hippogriff lightly, "right, -- who wants ter come an' say hello?"

The entire class took a step back, leaving Harry, who was frozen, at the front.

"Good man, Harry!" Hagrid clapped his hands.

Harry looked around and saw his classmates behind him. Ron slightly pushed him forward, and reluctantly Harry approached the Hippogriff, trembling as he did.

"Now first, you bow," Hagrid instructed Harry. He bows at the Hippogriff. "That's it..." Buckbeak studied Harry for a moment before it made a noise. "Back off, Harry, back off..." Hagrid motioned. Harry did as he was told. When he stepped on a branch, Carina gasped and held on to the first person she could find. It was Theodore. She immediately let go.

"Glad to be here to comfort you, Black." Theodore teased.

"Oh, shut up." Carina folded her hands on her chest to stop her from grabbing anyone.

Harry finally had Buckbeak bow, and everyone now let go of the breath they were holding.

"Well done, Harry! Well done! Go on, now you can ride'im."

"What?" Harry asked. Panicking. Hagrid grabbed Harry by under his arms and carried him, he tried to protest, but Hagrid was too happy and excited to listen. He had Harry sit on Buckbeak's back. And with a slap at the creature's rear, the hippogriff went to a running start and flew.

"I hope he's okay." Carina said.

"If he's lucky, Potter might be back here with only his head," Theodore shrugged.

Carina and Roman turned to Theodore with an agape look, causing the boy to roll his eyes at them. A moment later, Buckbeak returned with Harry still complete with his limbs, and a smile on his face. The whole class cheered for him – aside for most of the Slytherins. Behind them, Malfoy shoved Carina to the side, and out of his way.

"Watch it, you twat!" Carina called out to him.

"You're not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute." Malfoy approached Buckbeak.

"Malfoy, no!" Hagrid tried to save Malfoy.

"Malfoy, you bloody idiot!" Roman called out.

In a flash, Buckbeak's talons slashed down at Malfoy. The boy fell to the ground, crying over his bleeding arm.

"IT'S KILLED ME! IT'S KILLED ME!" Malfoy cried.

"Away with you!" Hagrid tossed a piece of meat away from the class to have Buckbeak follow, and then went to Malfoy and see his injury. "It's just a scratch."

"Hagrid, he needs to go to the hospital." Hermione told him.

"Right... I'm the teacher, you all just – class dismissed!" Hagrid scooped Malfoy off the ground and carried him back to the castle, while the boy cried and tried to threaten Hagrid and Buckbeak that he was going to tell his father about this. Everyone began to disperse and head to their next class, those having Transfiguration next began fixing their uniforms, not wanting to get scolded by McGonagall. And those students the Gryffindors. Roman, Carina, and Theodor walked side by side as they returned to the castle.

"I think the class went pretty well." Theodore spoke.

"Yeah, I have to admit, seeing Malfoy cry "daddy" brightened up my day." Carina chuckled.

"Too bad I can't have Lynx chase him now." Roman sighed.

"How do you get Lynx to chase Malfoy? I thought she only chases ferrets?" Carina pulled the leather tie to release her hair.

"I don't know either, but she gets really edgy when Malfoy's around... like she wants to pounce him."

"We'll never know until Malfoy is transfigured." Theodore sighed.

"Well, I think we better hit the books then." Carina grinned.

"And what if you can't transform him back?" Theodore asked.

"Better having a ferret for a cousin than that git." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.1K 2.1K 25
❝𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐚π₯π₯ 𝐬𝐒𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬?❞ -𝒓.𝒂.𝒃. ➝ In a world of shadows and secrets π™π™€π™­π™–π™£π™£π™š...
55.7K 1.4K 13
────────────────── .Λšα΅Žβ”Š π—Œπ—π—‹π–Ίπ—‡π—€π–Ύπ—‹π—Œ ⋆.ೃ࿔:ο½₯❝ π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘  π‘‘π‘œ π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘ , π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘  π‘–π‘›π‘‘π‘œ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ , π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”...
1.3K 41 16
My new thing is reading the other fics in the lotus yall add mine to <3 A wolfstar story from when they were at school. Mention of child abuse and...
4.8K 68 31
Athena Lestrange tried everything to change before hogwarts. Changed her last name, her hair, her eyes. Yet no matter what she did all she saw was he...