The Girl who Survived (Fred...

By Mystic_sins

"You forget, I notice everything too" "I love you tulip" "You know you can be very sweet sometimes, and then... More

Authors note
Ch. 1 A day at the park
Ch. 2 A Wand and a Friend
Ch 3. Last Day of Summer Holiday
Author's Note
Ch 4. And so, It Began
Ch 5. Start as Friendships
Ch 6. The other Suitor
Ch 7. A Confession
CH 8. Gift of Knowledge
CH 9. The First Truth
CH 10. Collection
CH 11. Secrets
CH 12. Rumors Hurt
CH 13. The Black Dog
CH 14. First Holiday Away
CH 15. Confrontations
Authors note
CH 16. Coming Alive
CH 17. Blinded Visions
CH 18. The Truth about Padfoot, Moony and Wormtail
CH 19. The Do Over Day
CH 20. Some Kind of Ending
CH 21. The First Time
CH 22. A Different Type of Feeling
CH. 23 The Sound of Water
CH 24. A Very Weasley Summer
CH 25. Feelings Return
CH 26. The World Cup
CH 27. Back to school
CH 28. A New Defense
CH 29. The Goblet Has Spoken
CH 30. Technically the Truth
CH 31. Well Done Dragon
CH 32. Dates and Ball Gowns
CH 33. The Yule Ball PT. 1
CH 34. The Yule Ball Pt. 2
CH 35. The Black Lake
CH. 36 Visions or Dreams
CH 37. Sweater Weather
CH 38. Floating
CH 39. Biscotti and The Hogwarts March
CH. 40 Blinding
CH 41. Aftermath
CH 42 The Quiet That Follow
CH 43. Reading
CH 44. Future mornings
CH 45. Guardian
CH 46. A New Year
CH 47. Cutting Deep
CH 48. Trust
CH 49. Leftfield Conversations
CH 50. Strict
CH 51. Psychic Bonding
CH 52. Good Days Turned Banned
CH 53. Cunning
CH 54. Letters
CH 55. Occlumency
CH 56. Truths and Burns
CH 57. Awkward Memories
CH 58. A Very Giving Christmas
CH 58. Rhapsody
CH 60. Patronus
CH 61. Smashing
CH 62. The First Act
CH 63. Reactions
CH 64. Family Matters
CH 65. Planning
CH 66. Unexpected
CH 67. Lilies
CH 68. The Last Minute
CH 69. A Long Road
CH 69.2 Wedding Night Short
CH 70. Leaving the Bubble
CH 71. The Secret Keeper
CH 72. The Secret Keepers Secrets
CH 73. Reaching out
CH 74. What If's
CH 75. A New Marauder
CH 76. A Reunion
CH. 77 An Invasion of Trust
CH 78. Incoming Rain
Remus Bonus Short
CH 79. Smell of Home
CH 80. Joy and Grief
CH 81. Similar Actions
CH 81. Returning
CH 83. Decisions
CH 84. Fear
CH 85. The Second Act
CH 86. Rubies on the Pitch
CH 87. Inferno
CH 88. Dumbledore's Truth
CH 89. Sectumsempra
CH 90. Plotting
CH 91. Clean
CH 92. The Astronomy Tower
CH 93. Turmoil
CH 94. A Realization
CH 95. Farewell
CH 96. Fight or Flight
CH 97. A Wedding
CH 98. An Arrangement
CH 99. Surviving
CH 100. A Blending of Realities
CH 101. Consequence for Humanity
CH 102. Heart to Heart
CH 103. Avalanche

CH 59. The Last Party

1.7K 51 114
By Mystic_sins

A look into Elodie and Fred's relationship as they return to school and enjoy a few weeks without any troubles. A birthday party is a great way to let off steam, Joke around and perhaps even build bridges.

Songs used to help write this chapter:

Passenger seat - Brianna Hildebrand and Kat Cunning

Dancing queen - ABBA

Fallingforyou - The 1975

~Fred's POV~

"Did you speak to Winky and the other house elves?" Elodie asked me and George as she sat against a tree. We'd come to the garden courtyard with Ginny because Katie Bell's birthday was tomorrow and while Lee kept her distracted, we'd all be setting up the party.

"Yes. She and the other house elves are more than happy to send everything to the common room," George told her as he tossed me a prototype for a new darkness powder we were working on.

"Hey, today's Valentines day, shouldn't you two be off on a date somewhere?" Ginny asked, gesturing to me and Elodie.

"We already celebrated," I said as I went to crouch down and place a kiss into Elodie's temple as she continued writing on her checklist of things to take care of tomorrow.

"When? You've been with us since lunch?" George asked as he brought his eyebrows in together.

"He didn't wake up in his own bed now did he?" Elodie said sarcastically without looking up from her writing.

I wiggled my eyebrows at George and Ginny, then made a motion to dust off my shoulders. "What can I say, my girl knows what she likes," I said, earning myself a smile and an eye roll.

I would have wanted to sneak through one of the hidden tunnels and gone to Hogsmeade for the day, but Umbridge was still keeping an annoyingly close watch on both El and Harry. I also would have loved to have gotten her a present, the kind that a bloke buys when he's really in love with a girl. Only there wasn't much I could get her that she didn't already have. She wasn't one for flowers or chocolates, and I was planning to dip into the shop fund and get her the Quick-Quotes Quill she'd mentioned wanting around her birthday, but McGonagall gifted her one over the Christmas holiday.

She'd said that the christmas gift I'd given her was the best thing she'd ever received, and she hadn't taken it off once since then, so I believed it. Instead I let her do what she loved to do. Plan a birthday for someone else. And that included Katies party. I would have preferred to continue what we were doing this morning, and let the sounds of her completion fill the air as my face rested between her thighs. Or even move her onto all fours as she'd asked me to last night. There were probably a thousand other ways I'd love to have her and I still could never picture myself having enough. But this was what she wanted to do instead. Priorities and all apparently.

"Okay so I think that's everything, if you two already have the Butterbeer and Whiskey hidden," She said checking off a few last minute items on her list.

"Should we head back?" Ginny asked.

"Not yet my love. It's a bit sunny today, let's enjoy it," She said as Ginny rested her head on Elodie's shoulder. She'd missed this the most, her friendship with Ginny. It was good to see her happy. Holiday had definitely helped in raising her spirits again, even though she wasn't allowed to go outside.

I'd been sent to my own room for the night as she and the girls wanted to have a ladies night before Katie's birthday since none of them had an early class in the morning. I was a bit worried at first, since her and Agnelina were still on the outs. But Olivia would be there, and Elodie had reassured me that Angelina hadn't said anything negative since returning.

"Thanks again for helping with tomorrow mates. Katie's really going to love it," Lee said as he climbed into his bed.

"That was all El. She just told us what to do," George said as he sat at the foot of my bed while I leaned back on the headboard.

"Got yourself a good one Freddie," Lee commented.

I couldn't put into words how right he was. I'd found my best friend and the love of my life, all in the same person. The last couple months had been perfect. Nearly the last year together had been perfect, short breakup aside. In june it would be a year that we'd have been together if we didn't take the short period into consideration. I couldn't wait until we were a bit older and we'd look back on all this and think of how young and stupid things had been. How we'd wake up every morning in our own home and go to work together, maybe get a dog so that her cat could have a friend. Family dinners on Sunday nights at the Burrow, probably Friday nights too at Casa De Lupin-Black. The whole concept almost seemed too good to be true. But it was perfect.

"Oh fuck," I said with a huge girn on my face as I took in a deep breath.

"What is it?" George asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"I just... I forgot how to breathe for a moment," I said and looked up at them, a smile still on my face.

"Ahh, our little Forge is in love," George said and placed his hand on my knee, giving it a little shake.

"I guarantee you mate, you're going to marry that girl one day. I can already see it, Elodie and Fred Potter-Weasley. With vows to put everyone to shame," Lee said and threw a pillow my way. I didn't say much else. Just relished in the thought of us being happy. Together.

"Katie's going to love it, just make sure you don't forget the wrapper tomorrow night. No adding to the population just yet mate," George said to him with a wink.

"Ohhh!" I said and threw the pillow back at him.

"You got any to spare?" Lee asked.

"Sorry mate, none to spare," I answered.

***

We all went to breakfast and our lessons like it was a normal day. Ginny and Elodie skipped dinner to stay in the common room and decorate it to their specific liking. Immediately after, George and I went to the kitchen to let the house elves know they could send everything up. We quickly hurried back to the common room, passing Lee and Katie in the corridor.

"They're coming," George whispered as we entered in.

I raised my wand to dim the lights as we all waited for them to enter in through the portal door. The air filled with everyone shushing each other before it actually went quiet. We heard them enter and waited to hear the door close to be sure no one walking by would hear and report the entirety of Gryffindor house to Umbridge.

"Hello?" Katie called out.

I waved their wand again turning the lights back on as everyone yelled "Surprise!" With another flick of my wand a fire resistant firework show began above us and spelled out 'Katie' before it was over. She absolutely lit up, and there was no doubt that she loved it.

"Thank you lot, honestly! Best 17th a girl could ask for," Katie said as we stood around doing shots of firewhiskey.

"Oh! There's one more thing!" Elodie said before she left the circle for a moment with Ginny in tow.

"I can't believe you all planned this. Thank you lovie," She said to us before redirecting her attention to Lee.

"It was mostly El. You know no one can plan a shindig like she can," Lee told her.

"Hey! Hey everyone!" Elodie called out as she stood on a coffee table trying to get everyone's attention.

"Shut it!" Ginny said sternly and a silence fell over the room.

"Thank you Gin," El said, giving her a look. "Alright, you all know why we're all here, aside from living here. And that's to celebrate one hell of a quidditch chaser, who wouldn't hurt a fly, but will still stand up for what she knows is right, Katie Bell!" She said and everyone began clapping and cheering. "Alright Katie, this song is for you," She said and flicked her finger towards the record player and a tune I'd recognized began playing.

You can dance. You can jive. Having the time of your life. Ooh, see that girl. Watch that scene. Digging the dancing queen.

I watched her climb off of the table and make her way to Katie, who quickly took another shot and went to dance with Elodie and Ginny.

Anybody could be that guy. Night is young and the music's high

I watched them dance and then looked at George who had the same idea as me, like always. With a quick high five we stepped closer to where the girls were and began dramatically dancing and singing the wrong words before the ones we knew came around. And when they did...

"You are the dancing queen! Young and sweet! Only seventeen!" We yelled at the top of our lungs and held out hands out, gesturing to Katie, as she tried to hide in Lee's chest.

"You can dance! You can jive! Having the time of your life!" We yelled once more and moved our hands in a hand jive motion before twirling around. Neither of us cared that we probably looked ridiculous, we never had.

When the night began to die down and we'd gone through our fair share of bottles of Fire Whiskey, we sat at our usual spots on the sofa as Elodie and Katie played their last round of quarters. Both these girls must have been pirates in another life, given by the way they were able to hold their liquor.

"*Hiccup* Fancy a game Freddie? *Hiccup*" Elodie asked as she looked at me. I could tell she was probably reaching her limit, but she was enjoying herself, and I wasn't about to stop her.

"Alright love, have at it," I said as she filled up the four empty shot glasses. I got one of the three quarters into my cups while she got all three of hers. "Alright, alright, that was wicked," I said.

"It's a nice game to play with friends. Since we're friends," She said and tilted her head at me.

"I beg your pardon? Did you say I'm just your friend?" I said with fake annoyance.

"You are *Hiccup* my best male friend," She said and began laughing no longer able to keep a straight face.

"No, no, no. You're wounding me," I said and dramatically threw my hand over my heart and fell to rest my head in her lap.

"Mmm, let me make it up to you then," She said and leaned down to press a kiss into my lips. When she pulled away I could see she wasn't done with me quite yet, so I stood to my feet and scooped her up, causing her to let out a little yelp.

"Alright, that's about enough festivities. Happy birthday Katie, but my friend and I here are leaving now. Goodnight," I said and made my way up to my dorm. The lights were dim, and she wasted no time in fumbling with the buttons on my shirt. When I closed the door behind us, I made work of hers as I walked her backwards to my bed.

She pushed me back so it was me that was leaning on the bed. I heard the lock on the door click, telling me that she hand locked it as her hands were making work of my trousers. We'd never been together like this after a night of drinking, but neither of us had the sense of mind to put an end to it. Both of us warmed from the whiskey, I was eager to please, and she was eager to have me as she pleased. This time was different, more urgent, and messy but just the same.

I was ready to pull her into my lap when she sank to her knees, keeping one hand stretched up on my abdomen keeping me in my place.

"Oh, fuuuuuck," I groaned out as I felt my eyes roll back at the feeling of her taking me into her mouth. She'd never done this before, only as an end thing when I hadn't put on protection before we started, but it felt absolutely amazing the way her warm mouth felt. I moved my hands to push her hair out of her face. Then, when I felt myself getting closer to my end, I pulled her up to her feet. "Is that what friends do?" I asked through half open eyes.

"Stop talking and fuck me already," She said as she kicked off her skirt and knickers, leaving her in just a bra. God how I loved when she talked like that.

"Abso-fucking-lutly," I said and threw her on the bed and moving up to press into her as she let out a back arching moan. "Fuck, you're so tight. I love you," I groaned as I thrusted into her.

"Don't stop, don't you dare stop," She said as she tugged on my hair with one hand and gripped onto the sheets with the other.

When I felt her walls tighten around me I proceeded at a rhythm that would put even rabbits to shame until I felt myself fill her up and collapse onto her, laying my head in the space between her shoulder and her neck. It was almost scary how amazing that had been. Though I guess this is what she had meant when she said that it was different when you're with someone you were in love with.

"Godric, I'm so in love with you," She said as she wrapped an arm around my neck and laced her fingers into my hair.

"If that's what friends do, then- then I think I'm okay with it," I said breathlessly, making her laugh. "I love you too," I said and pressed a kiss into her neck.

It wasn't long after that she'd unlocked the door and shut the curtains around us and curled into me. Normally feeling her pressed against me like this would have made me ready all over again, but we were both too drunk and too tired.

***

The sound of someone tripping over what was probably George's stack of books made me twitch awake, accidently waking Elodie in the process. There was shushing and whispers of a girl's voice with George, indicating that he hadn't been alone last night. I reached for my wand that I rested at the top of the headboard and cast a silencing charm allowing us a bit more time with the silence.

"Mmm," Elodie groaned as she buried her head into the pillow. "My head," she whined and let out a breath.

"Has a night of drinking finally caught up with you?" I asked, my voice still groggy with sleep and alcohol.

"Mhm," She said, not moving. "The room is spinning."

I placed a kiss onto her bare shoulder and ran my hand down her back. I always thought she had the most beautiful skin. "I'll get you some water, and then we can go down to breakfast and then-" I said in a normal voice.

"I swear to Godric, if you talk any louder I'm going to poison your morning pumpkin juice," She said as she grabbed the pillow and pulled it over her head.

I let out a little chuckle and kissed my little lion once more before feeling around and reaching for my boxers to exit the bed.

I peaked my head out to make sure the curtained to the other beds were closed before I left the safety of the bed. I flicked my wand at the window so the light that came in wouldn't be unbearable. I threw on a shirt and some bottoms before going to the bathroom to get a glass of water, when I heard another whisper coming from George's bed. He definitely didn't spend the night alone. I lifted my want to cast a silencing charm over his bed as well when I heard a familiar voice. One I wasn't expecting to hear. Especially since he hadn't said anything.

"Ang, shh," He said and I cast the charm.

***

The mass Gryffindor hangover hadn't gone entirely unnoticed. McGonagall lectured our little group saying that as seventh years, we needed to set an example for the younger students. We thought that our hangovers would be enough punishment, but she gave us an additional one by having us do polishing in the trophy room.

While I'd never seen Elodie have much of a hangover, it seemed as though she was sick the entirety of the week that followed. She had a headache a few nights in a row and even went to see Madam Pomfree twice. The usual flu wave wasn't typically until the end of March or April, but after that week she was back to feeling like her healthy self.

"So are you two back on or was it just a one time thing?" I asked George at lunch one afternoon.

"More like a multiple time thing. She was in our room on Valentines d- Ow!" Lee said from across the table.

"Too soon to make sense of what it is," He said and looked back down at his plate shoving more chips into his mouth. "It started as a one time thing when we returned from holiday, and then it happened again, and again. At Katie's party, we both got absolutely out of our minds and we began talking about feelings, and now... I don't know," He said and glanced up at us slightly.

I looked at him and saw that it had really been bothering him. I didn't want to discourage him if it was what he wanted, I wanted him happy. But he was a wreck after their last breakup, pulling away from everyone.

"Just don't let her break my little George's heart you hear?" I said and placed my head on the top of his head.

"If it helps, I kind of told Elodie. She was drunk, but she said she was happy for us. Does that count?" George asked.

"Does what count?" Elodie asked as she took a seat next to Lee and reached over to pull a few chips from my plate. The three of us looked at each other exchanging looks while she reached over for more chips.

"Nothing," we all said together.

"Just as well, I just came to tell you that Katie's talking to McGonagall and she said it shouldn't take too long," She said looking at Lee. "Alright, I have to go."

"Sit down love, eat something," I said to her. Merlin I sounded like my mother.

She gave me a look like she'd just thought the same thing. "Can't, I have to go to owlery before my next class. Besides, my stomach is still in knots. Sorry mum," She said sarcastically.

"Of all the things you could call me, that's the last I'd want to hear," I told her as I laid my hands flat on the table. "How long have you been sick?"

"It's nothing. I swear," She answered. "I'll see you later."

"Hey," I said, stopping her as she began getting up. "You look really cute today," I said and winked at her.

She let out a breath like If she was going to say something, annoyed. "Freddie, that was really sweet," She said and leaned over the table to give me a quick kiss.

When she left and walked away I turned to George who nudged me with his elbow. "Hey, you two look really happy Freddie. I'm proud of you. When are you going to tell her we're planning to leave?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.9K 2.2K 7
Her entire 5th year at Hogwarts felt like a cauldron boiling perilously out of control, ready to explode at any given point. So when Hermione catches...
1.3M 38.4K 96
When Alice transfers from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts, everything changes, she leaves many things behind. Or at least she thinks she does. But then she m...
94.4K 2.9K 35
Y/N starts her 5th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as the new Prefect girl. But she's not using her prefect abilities for what the...
3.6K 104 35
When Harry potters twin sister y/n seems to have caught the attention of fred and George Weasley. What happens her life gets flipped and she faces ne...