Raven's DarkNess | ✔

Von Eminavi

"Your hair looks like night but your eyes shine like day. You are a walking contrast. Who exactly are you?" ... Mehr

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Pack Fashion
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen Part I
Chapter Eighteen Part II
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five - Part I
Chapter Thirty Five - Part II
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
What's Next?

Chapter Seventeen

248 16 33
Von Eminavi

I slammed the door angrily, wanting to punch a wall and I did. I screamed out when I bruised my knuckle and jumped into bed. This was impossible. I was slapped! I, Raven, was slapped and that guy has the gall to tell me that it was none of my business! How dare he?

Really, how dare he?

I threw my mary jane shoes at the wall, overcome by anger and an overwhelming need to take revenge. I don't know how long it will take but I won't leave this pack until I have that old lady begging at my feet asking me to forgive her. Bitch! How dare she not only slap me but also say the most humiliating things in front of everyone? I mean she was right but still!

Now, she basically just raised suspicion. Moon knows what the fuck she says about me in their hybrid ass language.

Outsider girl? Really?

"Ahhhhhhh!" I screamed into the pillow as I kicked my hands and feet against the bed.

I was done with this shit hole of a pack which had rules upon rules upon rules and the oddest way of life imaginable! Not to mention the nuts language and Alpha who doesn't appreciate my feminism. I think I might be too forward-thinking for this pack! I mean a girl was being beaten and everyone was mute for crying out loud!

I miss my pack! I can't even remember the last time I had a proper drink! Ugh! I'd kill for a cosmo or some vodka right now. I'd really kill for one at this moment.

"Stop wallowing in your disgrace and get to work," the voice I heard had me falling off my bed in surprise as I jumped violently.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed then stood up to see if I was dreaming.

I wasn't.

"Nessa?" I questioned, unimpressed and her silver eyes glowed as powerfully as the moon. A cloud followed her, trailing behind her like the most intimidating shadow I've ever seen and I gulped.

"I would say in the flesh but that wouldn't be exactly true," she responded, turning towards me.

"But how can-" I start but she cuts me off.

"The full moon is the only time I can contact you in this pack without having that annoying Enzo sense me," she scoffed and I sat on the bed again but I made sure I was away from her. She crossed her legs, dressed in black from head to toe - a true witch. "You know, it's also the only time when a witch is at her most powerful. Powerful enough to cast a spell strong enough to prevent him from noticing that witchcraft is being used in his pack,"

I narrow my eyes. That explains a lot because I remember Enzo saying that he was gifted with sensing witches and would know the minute one stepped foot onto his pack.

"So you knew?" is all I ask her as I shake my head in annoyance. "You knew that he could sense witches and witchcraft and you didn't deem it fit to tell me?"

She rolled her silver eyes at me. They matched her silver hair and earrings. "There are a lot of things you still don't know. Things you should be making effort to find out but instead, you're laying here and moping. How disgraceful! If only the Assassins could see their best one now,"

The way she mocked me had me clenching my hands and fisting the covers. She sat closer to me and her face was almost right in mine. I wanted to slap her.

I didn't dare.

Her eyes were narrowed at me when she asked, "what happened, Aoife? Weren't you the best? or is Enzo too tough for even you?"

I didn't answer her. To be honest, for the first time in my life, I felt like yes, a target was beyond me. I thought I was making progress. I genuinely thought that I was making progress. Slow progress but still, progress. We had good conversations, he gave me that pink rose and he even intervened when his godmother slapped me. He took me to his office and nursed my cheek all by himself where we then shared that moment only to have him spit the fact that his pack's business was none of my concern right in my face.

At that moment, I didn't want just his godmother dead but I wanted him dead too.

I really don't like humiliation.

"Enzo isn't the problem Nessa. Try living in a place where they don't fucking speak then come back and taunt me,"

She inched closer to my face and I could swear that I could smell her breath. It was icy cold and smelt like dew; cold and unwelcoming.

"Did that, done that. You think all witches speak the common tongue?" She smirked but her silver eyes remained steady and unamused. "vek san durange merut....."

"What?" I exclaimed, not understanding a word of whatever I just heard. She rambled more unintelligible things.

"Witches also have their own languages sweetheart and they are ancient too and very hard to wrap your head or tongue around and master so your struggle isn't a unique one," suddenly, dark mist overtook Nessa, engulfing her on all sides and behind then she latched onto my hand. I tried to pull my hand away but her nails only sunk deeper into my skin. "I don't know what's taking you so long but Logan's getting a little impatient so you better hurry up girlie and get that stone!"

"It will take time! It's not like I can just waltz into Enzo's room, get naked and expect him to jump at the opportunity to fuck me, Nessa. From all indications, he doesn't seem to be that kind of guy," I argue as her nails dig deeper but my eyes are focused on the darkNess that seems to surround her. It looks like it's eating away at her slowly. It sends a chill up my spine.

"I think you give him too much credit, Aoife,"

Again, that condescending tone with the name Enzo gave me. Is she trying to taunt me or something?

"Even if he was like every other guy and did waste no time in taking me to his bed, Nessa, I don't think he's going to be moaning the location of the blue moonstone in the middle of sex, Nessa! So please give me a break, I'm doing my fucking best!" I scream at her, completely frustrated and somewhat unhinged.

I literally just got humiliated, not once but twice today so forgive me if I'm not in the mood for this shit right now, Nessa. I'm doing my damn best! I mean, in all honesty, your damn moonstone is the reason I got slapped and my cheek was sent to the sulfur pits to begin with so don't be a bitch right now you dumbass witch!

"I don't know how you plan to do it but get that stone, Raven. Get it soon. Don't get distracted by a pack life that isn't and will never be yours. Just like the old lady said, you're an outsider girl and don't you forget that, Raven. Don't forget who you are,"

I furrowed my eyebrows. How the heck did she know that? How did she know what the old lady said? How?

Before I could ask her, Nessa disappeared into thin air.

I looked around everywhere but she was nowhere to be found and if I didn't look down to see the nail marks on my hands then I would have doubted if she was even here at all.

***

Three Years Earlier.....

"Perfect, Raven!" Lorraine, my superior congratulated me with a huge smile on her face. I had just completed a job and the target was in the hands of the woman who wanted him. It was a forty-four-year-old business tycoon who made his black money off of smuggling cocaine. He crossed his business partner and she wanted revenge. I delivered it.

I got revenge for her. This was yet another case which I was given that I succeded at. I smiled from ear to ear, flicking my hair to the side. It didn't obey me.

"You'll be rewarded soon, Raven for all your hard work and dedication to us," Lorraine said, still smiling at the case file with utter disbelief.

Good! She better reward me because getting in bed and letting those old maggots touch me was a part of the job that I hated but well, it wasn't like I could leave. The pledges stipulated that I needed to be dead first in order to be able to afford that luxury. I really didn't want to die. That was not at all in my future plans

I stood up, brushing invisible dust off of my red skin-tight dress which rested halfway above my thighs. My fingernails were also painted bright red. I needed to wash them, they still had that old man's blood beneath them.

It's really so interesting how so many men lose their heads over girls half their age. Half of them are married even. Just disgusting.

"Once again, amazing work, Raven. Continue like this and you'll go places," She repeated herself, her face buried beneath her large cat-eyed glasses. She was pretty but she lacked sex appeal in my opinion. "But Raven, get a haircut,"

I reached for my hair, realising that it had almost grown past my ass. It was several inches away from my ideal Assassin look. These guys wanted my hair to be kept long but not too long. I nodded and stepped out of her office, my black strappy heels clanking against the floor with utmost elegance. I looked really good today. I looked ready to kill, literally.

I walked the large hall, wanting to get to the elevator to go to my floor. Then, I saw the entourage standing right outside the special meeting room.

I stopped when I realised that the leader - Mak, was here.

For months, I had been begging Jonathan to schedule a meeting between me and our leader but he never did. That asshole only wanted to get in my pants but I saw no benefit in that and well, considering he was my superior, it would be considered inappropriate although, in reality, I really couldn't care any less, I'll do whatever I want. I only sleep with people I have to and Jonathan baby, I did not have to sleep with you, at least not yet. When I have to, I will but until then, I wasn't that desperate.

Well, lesson learnt. I guess that if you wanted something done then you had to do it yourself.

I stared at the two bodyguards realising that even though I could manage to overpower them, I couldn't just barge in and announce to Mak that I needed his audience. He'd probably kill me. I heard that he was cruel like that. No, to get to him, I needed to make a statement. This was probably my only opportunity to do just that. I couldn't let it waste.

I stared around, one bodyguard had noticed me but looked away the moment I baited him by pretending to look at something interesting on my phone. Some girls passed by and beneath the hood of my long hair, I saw the waiter bring the serving cart from across the very end of the hall for lunch.

My legs worked faster than my brain as I rushed to a corner just opposite me where the bodyguards couldn't see me but I made damn sure that the security camera could. In haste, I completed my work then I rushed out. I purposely bumped into the waiter, getting between the cart that had trays that were covered and a bottle of champagne. The waiter fell, creating a small ruckus.

When he got up, I apologised, giving him my most sorry smile. He said it was okay, brushed off the crinkles that the fall had created on his shirt and pushed the cart away and into the private meeting room of Mak's. My job was done.

I had the largest smile on my face.

I hope that Mak would enjoy his lunch. Especially with the surprise that was waiting for him when he opened that tray.

Why? Well, because I had managed to sneak my thong into the tray of food.

When I got into my bedroom, I laughed. What I did was reckless and somewhat disgusting or sexy depends on how you want to look at it and your kinks. I laughed out loud and kicked off my heels. well, now, that was daring. I went to the bathroom to wash my hands.

I half expected Jonathan to barge into my room and reprimand me with the strictest warning he could muster before I would show him my cute puppy dog eyes, run my fingers through his hair and tempt the life out of him. I was a bit horny too actually so maybe I would finally grant him his heart's desire tonight. After all, he wasn't exactly bad looking. A bit short for my standards but oh well, I've been with shorter.

I went to lock the door just to make sure that Jonathan wouldn't just barge in then I found a note on the table with a bowl of strawberries and cream. I read the note.

"Congratulations on yet another successful mission, Raven. You're fast becoming an Assassin to watch out for! Keep up the good work. -Jonathan."

I rolled my eyes and tossed the note to the floor then sighed as I climbed onto my queen-sized bed with the bowl of strawberries and cream in my arms. Suddenly, my heart sunk and memories ran through my mind. He ran through my mind.

I shut my eyes.

Robin.

He used to love strawberries and cream. As did I.

I plopped one in my mouth, not wanting to be haunted by my lover tonight but unable to help it. Not tonight. Please not tonight. I shut my eyes again.

When the door opened, I didn't notice it at first until it was slammed. Then I jumped, annoyed that Jonathan just scared the crap out of me.

"Geez man, what's your-" I screamed out when I turned but my words soon got lost in my throat.

The man who was locking my bedroom door was definitely not Jonathan.

~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~

Uh oh. Predictions and thoughts?

Merry Christmas everyone!❤️ I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

Thanks so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Next chapter, I'll do a little Christmas bonus and update two parts instead of one so look forward to that!

~Эмма💞✌🏻

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

7.6K 416 14
True love. Mates. The very backbone of the werewolf species. But what happens when your Alpha mate rejects you? --------- Eden Cross is a Beta wo...
18.6K 724 34
**Not edited.** A mere human, being adopted by wolves is but one of many unique surprises surrounding Kay. When suddenly a fierce Alpha appears, foll...
366K 16.1K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
68.3K 3.6K 68
She is broken. He is cold. She is empty. He is mysterious. She wants freedom. He craves vengeance. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Ka...