The Meet Cute [An Adrienette...

By Mystic_Raven20

As Christmas draws closer, Adrien tries to pull his friends back together but he realises it's almost impossi... More

The 'Meet Cute' - Introduction
Saturday 1st December [Adrien]
Sunday 2nd December [Marinette]
Monday 3rd December [Adrien]
Tuesday 4th December [Marinette]
Wednesday 5th December [Adrien]
Thursday 6th December [Marinette]
Friday 7th December [Adrien]
Saturday 8th December [Marinette]
Sunday 9th December [Adrien]
Monday 10th December [Marinette]
Tuesday 11th December [Adrien]
Thursday 13th December [Adrien]
Friday 14th December [Marinette]
Saturday 15th December [Adrien]
Sunday 16th December [Marinette]
Monday 17th December [Adrien]
Tuesday 18th December [Marinette]
Tuesday 18th/ Wednesday 19th December [Adrien]
Thursday 20th December [Marinette]
Friday 21st December [Adrien]
Saturday 22nd December [Marinette]
Sunday 23rd December [Adrien]
Christmas Eve
Epilogue - 1 year later [Adrien]
Authors Note

Wednesday 12th December [Ladybug]

7K 190 255
By Mystic_Raven20

"So if you get badly injured I have to take this key to a locker at Gare De Nord station and inside will be instructions for what to do next?" Chat looked at the key Ladybug had just given him. He was beyond curious. What had she put in there?

"Yep, and no cheating kitty. It's for emergencies only."

"Ok, ok I get it. So what else?"

"Apparently our bond is so strong it'll intensify our powers when we come of age."

"But I'm already twenty, so what does it actually mean 'come of age'."

Ladybug and Chat Noir had organised an extra meet that evening after a fun filled day of texting. Adrien had, had to travel to Germany to meet some new investors so she'd been alone in the office all day. If it wasn't for Chat's messages she swore she would have gone mad.

"Considering how long the Miraculous' will extend our lifespan, coming of age is about thirty-five."

"Thirty-five? Oh, come on, we've been doing this now for six years, there's got to be some bonus to it all."

"Yes, Kitty, there is. I missed you so much when I went away I made a decision to pursue you for a change." She turned to face him, placing a swift kiss on his cheek.

"Well I suppose that could be a bonus. So what happened to the boy you repeatedly turned me down over and over and over again for?" Chat smirked at his Lady. He couldn't wait to tease her about this when the reveal finally happened.

"Wow! You don't hold a grudge do you?"

He started to laugh as he relaxed back on the roof top, looking up at the sky.

"It's funny. After all these years, I finally managed to steal you to the dark side."

She lay down to join him and rolled onto her side. She tentatively lifted her hand and stroked down his face, finishing by trancing his beautiful jawline.

"Your face is beautiful. Do you know that?"

"You're changing the subject." He scalded her.

"There's a reason!" She stated. She couldn't get into this conversation, it's way too confusing.

"Come on Mari, I want to know."

"Chat, it's complicated! I don't want to say anything that will effect us." Her voice lowered as she answered Chat's questions. Where the hell did she start with this one?

"I want you to be able to trust me, as I do you. I want you to be able to tell me everything, no secrets."

Sighing, Ladybug sat up and leaned back on her hands.

"I thought I was over him. He'd been seeing another girl and I tried to move on too. That's why I was with Luka."

Chat interrupted the conversation, there was a question on the tip of his tongue which had plagued him since yesterday. To be fair he owed her an answer to a similar question. But his answer could only be one reason, he was an oblivious moron.

"About Luka. Why him? Why not me?" Ladybug groaned. She knew this questioned would be asked and it was fair enough for him to ask it.

"You and the other guy ... you were both similar. Not just in looks but in personality too. The only difference was I thought you flirted with anyone who walked, I actually didn't realise you liked me for me. That was until you started visiting Marinette. Getting to talk to you away from my superhero form allowed me to see the amazing traits you actually have and just how much you truly loved Ladybug ... well ... me."

"You do realise during that time I fell for Marinette too, and I fell hard. I couldn't understand how I could love and be so obsessed with two girls at the same time. Then I was already dating someone to try and get over you, and wow! I made a mess of that. The girl was lovely too, I felt awful. I just ... when I was with her I was doing it to stop my feelings towards Ladybug and move on, plus she seemed to want me in my civilian form you didn't seem to want me in either. Though I do understand now I was a blind idiot." He sat up and bopped her shoulder with his own.

"I have no idea what you're on about but I will nod along anyway."

"You'll understand when you know who I am." He started to laugh causing Ladybug to break into a smile too. "About Luka?" He continued to fish.

"Well he was so different to you and the other guy I thought maybe I was after the wrong type of person. He woo'd me. I was young and impressionable, and I liked the fact that he liked me. The real me. The clumsy girl, who stammers and makes a fool of herself. Plus he was older. Who doesn't want to be with an older guy?"

Chat raised one of his hands as though answering her question. She burst out laughing and leaned onto his side, her head dropping onto his shoulder.

"If I'd just said yes to you the first time none of this mess would be happening now." She responded.

"You don't know that, bug. You know Bunnyx has always said there's a time and a place, well I truly believe we both needed to grow up and stop looking at the perfections. Our whole bases of the Miraculous is yin and yang, the whole balancing of two things so perhaps we needed to wait until our love in and out the costumes are balanced too. To the point where choosing only one would be because we are both."

"When did you become so smart and philosophical, Chaton?" Ladybug asked as she found his hand and held onto it.

"About ten months ago when you left and I had nothing else to do." The two laughed together whilst looking out over the beautiful Christmas display on the Eiffel Tower.

"How do you feel about Luka now?" Chat asked. He was feeling brave when he spoke up, now he just wanted to run away and hide from the answer.

"Honestly?"

"That's the idea, Bugaboo."

"Don't be so cheeky." She gave him a smack on the thigh before cuddling in closer to him.

"When I first bumped into him when I arrived home, a couple of days after you, my heart swirled at him and butterflies returned. I've always liked him, it's just more of what way I liked him? Anyway, then I found out he'd slept with my best friend and may have got her pregnant and used a pathetic excuse that he only did it because he missed me. It's like, if you miss me look at my picture, kiss it for all I care ... but don't sleep with my best friend who is in a relationship."

Chat Noir stared at her. She's spoken about it to Adrien but not with as much fierce passion and anger as what she is now.

"Did you forgive him?"

She moved slightly from Chat and placed her hands in her lap and looking down to the ground miles below them.

"I told him yes we'd still be friends, but truthfully I don't know if I ever can. I don't even know for sure how I feel about my best friend at the moment. Don't get me wrong I will support her, but why did she have to sleep with him? Knowing our past as well." Tears began to leak from her eyes. She knew she felt this way, but in usual Marinette style she'd kept it bottled it.

Chat reached over and pulled her into a bone crushing hug.

"Don't say that M'lady. You can't help being paw-some and kind and forgiving. Just know I'm here for you. Anytime you need to rant, go for it!"

She giggled at him.

"You sound just like my boss."

"A bit friendly with your boss there, Princess."

"He's an old close friend. Very protective."

Chat looked her over and came up with a quick game plan.

"You're blushing!"

"I am not!"

"Yes you are! Oh, oh, oh ... was he? Was your boss the guy?"

Ladybug sighed and looked at her partner. She didn't want the new love of her life freaking out over the old love of her life ... or oldish love ... or maybe constant love. She groaned just thinking about the situation she was in at the moment.

"I can't do this now."

"Jackpot!"

"CHAT!" She stood up and grasped her yo-yo. "I'm going home, you've pushed me to my limits for this evening."

"Awwwwww .... but it was just getting fun!"

Chat stood up and began to brush himself down when he felt two hands cup his cheeks. Suddenly, a pair of soft warm lips met his and his eyes grew large. She kissed him, on the lips. Too quickly the kiss was over. He watched as she sent him a wink and extended her yo-yo to return back to the bakery.

As she landed through the skylight of her childhood bedroom she called of the transformation and collapsed on her bed. She loved him, she really did, but there was something else. She really couldn't commit to him whole heartedly, Adrien still owned some of her most important organ and if she was being honest the more time spent with him the more she genuinely cared for him.

"Tikki?"

"Yes Marinette."

"Is it possible to love two people?"

"No. One will always win out the other. As they say why would you fall in love with the second if you were truly in love with the first."

Marinette thought about Tikki's words and placed her hands over her face. This was too hard. The more time she spent with Adrien the more the feelings intensified. For both the boys neither feelings were that of a high school crush, or the feelings of a first love. It was deep and meaningful and both boys made her feel whole. The sound of her phone pulled her out her trance. She hadn't message Chat to say she'd got home so she thought it might be him checking in on her.

Climbing down her ladder she walked over to her desk and grabbed her phone.

1 new message. Adrien Agreste.

She couldn't stop the smile spreading across her face. Only two people made her heart explode when they texted her, and this was one of them.

Good evening fair maiden. As you know I have a royal appointment with the King tomorrow evening and I would be thrilled if your royal highness would accompany me on my arm? Xx

Marinette laughed as she read the message out to Tikki. They were both idiots. Two blonde dorks in her life which she wanted to take home and make hers.

Oh kind knight, I am so honoured you find me worthy of such an important occasion. I will be dressed to the nines so you do not feel as though you have a peasant with you, Monsieur Agreste xx

After she replied to Adrien she pulled up her most recent messages with Chat.

Hey Kitty Cat, I'm home. Sweet dreams about me x

He responded back instantly.

I always do, Princess xx

Not long after Chat Noir had sent his, another reply came from Adrien. Climbing back up on her bed she responded again.

Ha! No peasant here, just the most beautiful lady in the kingdom. I am proud to have you on my arm, Chloe and Felix will be joining us too. I am sorry you'll have to put up with my evil step cousin and his evil girlfriend xxx

Adrien seemed a lot more witty than she ever could remember. His conversations were very similar to what she had with Chat. It just made everything all the more difficult.

Marinette: Will you have to leave by midnight? Xxx

Adrien: I have managed to persuade them to allow me out the house for the whole night if I wish. It's so kind of them after they've let me live with them. No wait ... wrong way round. They live in my house, they should be obeying me!

Marinette snorted.

Marinette: It could be worse. It could be Lila living with you xxx

Adrien: I'm going to ignore you Dupain-Cheng, and the fact you've just put me off my steak and mashed potatoes xxx

Marinette: Ha! Sorry! Do you want me to buy you a bratwurst tomorrow as an apology? xxx

Adrien: Only if you let me buy the mulled wine? xxx

Marinette: Is my boss trying to get me drunk? xxx

Adrien: Naa, tomorrow night I'm not your boss. Just a friend xxx

Marinette: Just a friend, huh? And I thought it was going to be a date. You have broken my heart, Monsieur Agreste.

She sent the message and threw her phone down. No no no no no! Her sudden spurge of confidence texting him had just backfired big time. She didn't want to say that, why did she? Was she flirting with him? Oh, Marinette. What about Chat? It took Adrien ages to message back. It took him so long that Marinette was already asleep not knowing what was in her inbox waiting for her to read in the morning.

Adrien: Nothing would make me happier than calling tomorrow evening a date. So I will ask my first question again. Marinette, will you please be my date to the Christmas Market tomorrow evening? xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 547 22
When Marinette turns sixteen, she is estatic to find out that Adrien is her soulmate. To her it seems that her long time pining has finally paid off...
159K 3.8K 31
Saving Marinette from Evilistrator was all that Adrien needed to see Marinette more and get to know her. Once he saved her, he ended up visiting her...
19.4K 988 27
(College/Soulmate AU) The average human heart beats at sixty beats per minute when resting. Anything below that, aside from certain exceptions, is co...
2M 46K 47
At 16 years old, Marinette prepares for the chance of a lifetime. Internships, closer to defeating Hawkmoth, overcoming the awkwardness between her a...