Secrets of Summer - THE SPECT...

By leelabellabooks

After a one night stand with an irresistible Marine who's seen your sins & knows your secrets.. Now he's on y... More

Chapter ONE
Chapter TWO
Chapter THREE
Chapter FOUR
Chapter FIVE
Chapter SIX
Chapter SEVEN
Chapter EIGHT
Chapter NINE
Chapter TEN
Chapter ELEVEN
Chapter TWELVE
Chapter THIRTEEN
Chapter FOURTEEN
Chapter FIFTEEN
Chapter SIXTEEN
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Chapter EIGHTEEN
Chapter NINETEEN
Chapter TWENTY
Chapter TWENTY ONE
Chapter TWENTY TWO
Chapter TWENTY THREE
Chapter TWENTY FOUR
Chapter TWENTY FIVE
Chapter TWENTY SIX
Chapter TWENTY SEVEN
Chapter TWENTY EIGHT
Chapter TWENTY NINE
Chapter THIRTY
Chapter THIRTY FOUR
Chapter THIRTY ONE
Chapter THIRTY TWO
Chapter THIRTY THREE
Chapter THIRTY FIVE
Chapter THIRTY SIX
Chapter THIRTY SEVEN
Chapter THIRTY EIGHT
Chapter THIRTY NINE
Chapter FORTY
Chapter FORTY ONE
Chapter FORTY TWO
Chapter FORTY THREE
Chapter FORTY FOUR
Chapter FORTY FIVE
Chapter FORTY SIX
Chapter FORTY EIGHT
Chapter FORTY NINE
Chapter FIFTY
Chapter FIFTY ONE

Chapter FORTY SEVEN

910 75 1
By leelabellabooks

Kirby Carter

Darby glowers between you and Jimmy.. "Has my lil Bratva slut been cooperatin today O'malley'?.."

You don't move from your huddled position, fingering the handle of the screwdriver that you have hidden, as you tuck it beneath the folds of the dusty blankets..

Not that you really have the energy to fight.. But if Darby comes close enough.. Well, it would be awfully satisfying to put it through his eye..

"Yes.. We're done here.." Jimmy replies casually..

But its a lie.. You haven't been particularly cooperative..
You get that Jimmy is trying to play both sides here, but its a dangerous move.. You wish he wouldn't...

"An' don' call her that.. She's one of us, Declan.. Malcom treated her just as shite as the rest of us--"

Darbys expression turns dark, his tone dark and warning.. "Watch yer fu*kin' mouth O'malley.. She had it easier than anyone when Malcom was runnin' the show.. Nah, ya were his favourite lil pet, weren't ya?.."

Declan turns to inspect you, the tension in his jaw visable, even from across the room..

Jimmy shakes his head, muttering under his breath.. "You're fuckin mad.."

Darby looses it, cackling like a lunatic, like he was just waiting for for an excuse to go off.. Unsurprising since that underlying aggression is always there with him, bubbling and boiling away beneath the surface.. "Jeezuz fuckin' Christ.. What is it with this bitch.. What, does she have a golden pussy or summit?.. Now, that I'd like te see.."
Darby pulls a pistol.. "Ya've always been more trouble than you were worth, haven't ya Summer.."

With a wicked, teasing grin he points the gun right at you.. Your heart stops..

You squeeze your eyes shut. Waiting for him to pull the trigger..

- BANG -

Nothing..

You open your eyes, not knowing what to expect, only to see O'malley and Darby locked in a wresting match as Jimmy fights Declan for the weapon..

"Son'ov'a'bi*ch!" Declan brings a knee up into Jimmy's stomach.. Before lashing the butt of the pistol hard into the side of his head..

O'malley falls to his knees, clutching his head, blood seeping from the wound.. "Gahhh.. fffffffuckkkk'you..."
Jimmy sways from side to side while Darby brushes himself off and straightens his leather jacket.. "You.. need me.."

Jimmy shakes his head as though trying to clear it..

"Nah.. I don' think I do.."
In the blink of an eye Declan raises the revolver in his hand..

You cry out.. "NO!"

- BANG -

The shot fires like the crack of a whip.. Jimmy's lifeless body slumps to the ground..

A river of crimson trailing out from beneath him, creeping slowly towards where you lay..

"Oh.. No no.." You whimper to yourself as the reality sets in.

Jimmy is dead.. He died trying to help you..

You're alone..

"Thinks I can't replace him, stupid disrespectful fucker.." Darby begins muttering to himself about Jimmy's disrespect as he pulls out his phone, pacing back and forth.. "Are ya ready to go?.."

While Darby is distracted you begin to pull yourself on your side across the ground towards O'malley's lifeless body like a worm..

The three feet drag feels like three hundred miles and you're afraid to look down to your aching belly.. Just incase your entrails have spilled out...

Because thats how it feels..

Darby chats away with his back to you.. "Good... Sit tight and wait for my call.."

You reach Jimmys side, pushing against his shoulder his whole body flops over so that he is splayed on his back.. There is a nauseating, wide open wound above his left eye, parts of skull and brain - and you dont even know what else - stare back at you and you have to swallow hard to keep the bile from rising..

You're eyes flick to Darby who is still preoccupied, now looking at his phone, texting.. Reaching into the pocket of O'malley's jeans you find his phone, pulling it out you dial the only number you have ever memorised.. Because he made you memorise it..

Hunter..

You tuck the phone into the band of your underpants just as Darby turns back.. He gives you a strange look when he sees you beside Jimmy.. "He's dead, ya dumb bitch.."

You nod...

He laughs.. "What?.. Did ya think he mattered to me?.. That I gave a shit about him?.."

You push up onto your elbows.. "Didn't you?.."

He clicks his tongue, crouching down to peer over O'malley's corpse at you.. His eyes almost black with hatred.. You begin pushing away, moving back to your place by the wall.. "Nah.. Not about him.. But you.. See, you're different Summer.. Special.."

You frown, scuttling backwards as he rises, stepping over Jimmy and cocking his gun..

"What the hell are you talking about?!.. Y-you hate me.." You sputter..

He grins.. "Hate you?.. Nah, baby.. Ya got me all wrong.. I did all of this for you.. I mean, yeah.. I was pissed when I found out you were fucking around with that Russki prick.. Even more that ya let the bastard knock ya up.." He steps forward.. "But you were always supposed to be mine.."

You scoff.. "You're fucking crazy.. You.. You tried to have me killed... You threatened to poison my sister.. My baby.. What makes you think I would ever want that?!..I would rather fucking die!!"

He rolls a shoulder, growing frustrated with your arguing.. "I don't give a fuck what you want.." He prowls closer.. "This is about what I want.."

His hand flys out and his fingers twist in your hair.. He yanks your head forward towards his crotch.. The hidden phone slips out from between your legs and you shift to sit on top of it, trying to keep it concealed from Darby's view..

"Ah, let me go!"

He snarls.. "Since you've already given it to everyone else.. Ya might as well give it up for me.." His free hand begins working at unbuckling his belt as you claw at his wrist, trying to to free your hair from his hold, but he only grips harder..

"Ahh, stop ya filthy fuckin' pig!" You screech..

He laughs a dark and wicked sound.. "Fight me baby, it only makes it hotter.."

You feel around the nest of blankets beneath you until the cold plastic you seek brushes against your fingertips.. Your fist wraps around the handle of the old rusted screwdriver..

You pull back hard, feeling a clump of hair being ripped from your scalp as you swing wildly, plunging the screwdriver deep into Darby's thigh... "GAAHHHH, YA MONGREL FUCKIN' BITCH!!"

He shoves you hard, sending you sprawling as he stumbles back in shock, looking at the rusted metal still poking from his leg.. "Stay the fuck away from me you psycho!!.. You're disgusting.. Disturbed.. You need help!!"

He grunts and groans, pulling the Phillips head from his thigh.

"GAHHH!! I SHOULD FUCKING KILL YOU!!" He tosses the screwdriver aside.. Stalking forward again, he raises the butt of the gun and brings it down hard, hammering the side of your head, splitting it open..

Warm red oozes from your hairline, dripping down to sting your eyes.. You hunch over, clutching your head.. "Then do it, you fucking coward!! .. At least then I'll be free of you!!"

Darby scoffs.. "Oh, you think this ends with you?.. Nah baby.. See once I'm done here, I'm gunna go take care of the Russki.. And your little bastard.. Hell, I might even make little Lucky watch.."

He looms closer to you, pistol in hand before he crouches beside you, with the tip of the barrel he brushes back your hair, then holds it to your temple.. A scared whimper rattles in your chest.."Oh god.."

His tone is flat, and filled with malice.. "I will break you, Summer O'Cléirigh.. One way or another.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 873 33
Mature content! 18+ The world wasn't dictated by humans anymore, a different species had come out of the shadows over 400 years ago and taken their p...
68.5K 5.1K 54
A dirt bag ex-husband, A Marine man you can't resist & no way to keep the two from colliding... All he wants, is to keep you safe...Will you let him...
20.8K 192 22
Mature content 18+ only "You are crossing a very dangerous territory, Natalia. I suggest you better stop, before I take things in my hand." He growle...
6.9K 604 36
One day you're taking enemy fire downrange in the deserts of Afghanistan, and the next you have shrapnel buried so deep in your thigh that you'll nev...