Meant To Be || KTH

By YoonminSlaysus

[ COMPLETED ] ' I chose him over everyone else.' And ' She left me like we were never meant to be together.'... More

Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 20

466 36 1
By YoonminSlaysus

I got the live location and I hired a taxi to go there. I waited patiently in the back seat. The sky grew darker and clouds rumbled in the sky. The rain threatened to fall down. The rainy season has finally kicked in. I told the taxi driver to drive faster since it was an emergency . The driver did his best but ... 

" What's wrong ?" I asked.

" I think there is traffic on this road." He replied.

I waited for a bit in the taxi patiently. Tapping my feet, I looked out. The window had rain droplets racing every now and then.  The rain pours down heavily and the honking of the cars seems to make the situation worse. I decided I didn't want to wait anymore. I stepped out in the rain, making my purse a shield against the rain.

" Miss."

" Here's your money! " I gave him whatever I had. I didn't count the money. 

I walked away in a hurry past the cars that stood in this terrible traffic jam. The rain pouring down, the streets being wet. As soon as I reached the sidewalk, I dashed to the hospital which was still a few meters away from I was. I ran past the people walking with an umbrella. I made my way, sometimes nearly escaping from crashing into them. 

I ran as fast as I could. The friction between my shoes and the wet sidewalks made it difficult to run but I wanted to run. I slipped here and there but always composed myself back. I lost my balance in a short while. People nearby rushed to pick me up. My clothes drenched and my knee scraped as I could feel the pain there. I stood up with the help of a woman who gave me a hand.

" Are you okay ?" The woman asked me being concerned.

" No. I have to go to her." I took a step ahead and my ankle gave me a jolt of pain. 

" Miss, I think you twisted your ankle." The woman tried to stop me.

" But my daughter... " I said but another woman already pulled me on the side. 

The generous ladies did my treatment for the knee and ankle. One of their son dropped me off to the hospital. I rushed inside limping a bit. I asked the receptionist about Tiara and she told me that she was being operated in the second floor. I took the stairs and searched for the room. I came in the hallway and saw Clara and Taehyung in the far right corner. I stood there, judging his state. I stood there, clothes drenched, knee scraped and heart beating fast. I looked more than in a bad state.

He was sitting and hiding his face in his hands. Clara was patting him in the back. She raised her head and saw me standing there. Taehyung turned his head at my direction. He raised and walked over to me with tears in his eyes but anger on his face. He grasped my wrist tightly and took me to the emergency exit door which leads to the stairs that leads down. he didn't cared enough about my dirty wet clothes. 

I stood against the wall as his lean body trapped me in between him and wall. His eyes were red and it seemed he cried a lot. He drew insanely close to my face. A sudden numbness took over my body as his eyes met mine. My breath hitched and lips felt dry. I could hear the rain pouring and the thunder striking now and then. His breathing hit my face. His hand still hasn't let go of my wrist.

" Where were you ?" he asked in a deep voice. 

" I... " I gulped trying to speak. " I..." 

He waited patiently for me to answer his question but I couldn't say anything except the letter 'I' He didn't take his eyes off me. His eyes filled with agony and anger. His grip got tighter. I slowly tried to free my hand.

" I.."

" Where were you, Mia ?" He asked again. It was quite some time that he called me by my name. A chill ran down my spine. My heart beats faster against the ribs. My mind goes mapping on every stop of the day. My mouth tried to give him a reason which would answer his question. My head was held low and lips was sealed. My eyes filled with tears. He waited for my answer but all that I could do is cry silently in front of him.

" I...ASKED WHERE WERE YOU ?" he asked punching the wall; making me flinch in place.

" WHERE WERE YOU, MIA? TELL ME! WHERE WERE YOU? TELL ME !" He shouted at me. I didn't replied to him again.

" I NEED A  ANSWER! WHERE WERE YOU WHEN TIARA MET WITH ACCIDENT? WHERE WERE YOU, MIA? TELL ME !" He questioned me while grabbing my arms. Shaking me a bit to get an answer. 

" LOOK UP! TELL ME! WHERE WERE YOU? WHAT WAS SO IMPORTANT THAT YOU COULDN'T GO THERE IN TIME? WHAT WAS IT ?" He kept looking for an answer and I cried as an answer. 

" LOOK UP!" he raised my chin to his eye level. " WHERE WERE YOU?" I started sobbing while looking him in the eye.

" YOU CALL YOURSELF A MOTHER? WHEN YOU CAN'T PROTECT MY DAUGHTER? YOU - " I burst out crying loudly as I slid down to sit against the wall. 

" I'm sorry." I cried. " I'm sorry, Taehyung. I'm sorry." 

" I'm sorry. " I said apologizing for everything. " I'm so sorry." 

" I didn't want her... to go through any sort... of pain. I don't want... anything bad for her... I just want... her to be happy. I am trying... I am trying as much as I could.... to.. to give her everything. " I struggled to speak as I try to find the right words to say.

" I'm... trying... to give.. her ..everything. I don't want... anything in return for her happiness. I just want her to be happy."  I cried again hiding my face.

" I don't want to...to hurt anyone. I.. never wanted to.." 

He crouched down at my level and lifted my chin, making me look at him. His eyes met mine as he spoke sternly to me, unaffected by my state. His eyes still showed me the anger for me. My eyes wanted to look him a little longer so he could give me a assurance smile. 

But things weren't like that.

 We were broken. 

Both of us. 

We were in pain.

 Both of us.

We were hurting.

Both of us.

We were falling.

Both of us.

But...

Neither he wanted to hold onto me.

Neither I wanted to hold onto him.

But ..

We knew we both needed it.

" If anything happens to my daughter. Anything. I will blame you and solely on you! Just you! You get it? I will blame it on you, irrespective of anyone to blame. If I trust you with my daughter's life, you must protect her in my absence." He pointed finger at me and in a shaky voice.

" If you can't do that then Its better Tiara stays with me." He stood up and walked out, leaving me in more guilt. 

I stayed there for a few minutes before I regained myself. I walked back to the open hallway only to find Taehyung's parents comforting him along with Clara. I looked at them and my heart pained at the sight of me, standing alone with no one to lean on. I walked away and stood near the window. The rain had stopped and so did my tears. Not only my heart was in pain even my eyes pained for crying too much. I stared blankly outside through the glass window. I rubbed my arms as I felt cold since my clothes were still wet. My stomach churned and made me feel sick.

My hands are cold.

I'm shivering.

The thoughts keep running in my mind. 

" How can she leave such a husband?" 

" Why can't you be like her ?"

" STOP WITH THIS ALL, MIA !"

" If anything happens to her, I will blame you !" 

" You are my daughter, Mia. Why are you behaving so recklessly ?"

" You should meet our expectations."

" I will never leave you. You are my favourite place." 

" I didn't expect this from you."

 " She is so stupid to ask for a divorce from such a handsome husband."

" Call it ex-husband."

They laughed at me.

 They mocked at me.

All these voices trying to make me lose control on myself.

My heart rates rises.

I feel threatened by these thoughts.

My hands searched for that small container.

I search for it in my pockets of my coat. 

My mind going haywire.

' I need to find it.'

I told myself

' Where is it ?' 

My breathing got uneven.

My throat was dry.

My hands shivered.

' I need my pills.'

" My pills. Where are they ?" 

" I need my pills." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

551K 24.4K 32
[NOT EDITED] "Don't expect anything from this marriage", he declared. "I never did. I can never expect anything from this marriage nor you", she repl...
171K 6.7K 24
A story of love, betrayal and the pain of trying to trust again. Taehyung and Jungkook just recently got engaged and got to meet a new set of friends...
29.4K 753 9
This fanfic story is based on a cold husband and his Indian wife. After various events of getting neglected by his husband Yn decided to give up and...
972K 36.3K 27
❝ Sometimes, it's hard to tell you how much you mean to me. A lot of times I don't say anything at all but I hope someday you will understand, having...