RusCan: Snowy Relationships

By officialameliamoon

RusCan: Snowy Relationships: a similarity between Russia and Canada? Their climates? It snows? They're big na... More

Chapter 1: Beginning
Chapter 2: Comrade
Chapter 3: Relief
Chapter 4: Sibling
Chapter 5: Blessé
Chapter 6: Douleur
Chapter 7: Surprise?
Chapter 8: "Camarade"
Chapter 9: Teddy Bear
Chapter 10: Punition
Chapter 11: Special
Chapter 12: Snowstorm
Chapter 13: водка
Chapter 14: Tournesol
Chapter 15: Visitors
Chapter 16: Hockey
Chapter 17: Winners or Losers
Chapter 18: Gagner la Confiance
Chapter 19: tireur isolé
Chapter 20: Jealousy
Chapter 21: Glace
Chapter 22: Home Free
Chapter 23: кровавый снег
Chapter 24: Sans Sommeil
Chapter 25: gâteau
Chapter 26: сердце
Chapter 27: Heureux, pas triste
Chapter 28: Cauchemar
Chapter 29: Enfoncer
Chapter 30: защита
Chapter 31: Understanding
Chapter 32: Go Home
Chapter 33: Mignon
Chapter 34: обучение
Chapter 35: Любовь?
Chapter 36: shy
Chapter 37: я поступил
Chapter 38: .. Comme quelqu'un l'a déjà ...
Chapter 39: The God France?
Chapter 40: Sleep over?
Chapter 41: Oh... The Dress
Chapter 43: My Little Sunflower
Sequel Preview
Author note

Chapter 42: Joyeux anniversaire Canada

4.7K 171 90
By officialameliamoon

This story was influenced by "Giving In" by Artificial

Chapter 42: Joyeux anniversaire Canada

By the time the two nations actually got to Canada's house, it was only nine o'clock in the morning, there was a six hour time difference between France and Canada, it made the two tired because they had gotten up early in France to arrive early here, though the nap on the plane worked out pretty well; until Kumajirou sneaked out of his seatbelt and jumped on the two's stomachs.

Canada was just happy to be home again, after what had happened at Russia's house and then in Paris, he was just glad to walk in and plop on the couch, which he did. He yawned a bit, closed his eyes, and just laid there with the familiar feels and settings. Russia put his suitcase down by the door when he walked in, Kumajirou walked in beside him and quickly went to lay down on the floor next to the couch. Russia came in more and peeked in on the Canadian. "Matvey, do you want me to make you some coffee?" Russia asked. Canada, face down on the pillow, nodded a bit; he was tired as hell. Russia made his way into the kitchen and to the coffee maker, he hated that Canada's was so updated compared to his, he never really knew how to work it right. Luckily, he figured it out and brewed some up. He got a mug out of the cabinet and poured it in, then added milk and sugar; knowing he liked it sweat, he added a lot. And of course, he added in a big splash of maple syrup, hopefully it was enough.

He walked into the living room and stood over the boy as he looked like he was sleeping. "Matvey, I made the coffee." Russia said, Canada didn't move. "There's maple syrup in it." Canada jumped up and sat now, reaching his hands out for the coffee like a cute child. Russia smiled a bit and gave him the coffee. "Here you go." Canada smiled and took a sip.

"Hmm~ It's good~" Canada smiled and took another sip. "You make good coffee."

"Da, good. I tried." Russia smiled a bit. "I'm going to go put my things upstairs okay?"

"Yeah sure thing," Canada stood up and kept drinking. "I'm just gonna take a shower and change and then I gotta go handle a few things, kay?"

"Da, no problem. Will you be back soon though?"

"Yeah, probably, it's really my day off so I shouldn't have that much." Canada chugged the rest of the coffee and went to go shower before Russia could ask another question. He took the boy's coffee cup off the counter and washed it out, then made his way up stairs with his bag. He put his bag down by the desk in the room and relaxed a bit on the bed. After a few minutes, Canada called for him; he got up pretty quick and made his way downstairs to the boy. "I'm going now, you can just do whatever you want I guess-no looking at country stuff though."

"You have no nukes, I have no interest in your country."

"You and the nukes..." Canada glared a bit. "I'll be back soon." He picked up Kumajirou and gave a little wave to Russia. He went out, into the car, and drove off. Russia sighed a bit, he went back up to the guest room and laid on the bed, figured he take a nap and get some sleep that he needed. He didn't expect to sleep so long, he slept most of the day, at least until it was supper time. When he woke up, the sky was darker and the sun was going down; he sat up in his bed and blinked with confusion, he didn't except to sleep that long. He stretched his arms out and got up from the bed, then walked over to the window and looked out; Canada was home at least, he wouldn't be so alone now. At first he thought Canada would be in his room, he usually stayed in there. Russia went out and peeked into the room.

"Matvey? Are you in here?" He looked around, he wasn't in there. "I suppose not." He shrugged, so that only meant he was downstairs. He headed out to go meet up with the boy when he paused and backed up, then looked at the wall. The calendar, he didn't even notice, it was the first of July. He sighed, months go by so fast. He hadn't even noticed it was a new month. He walked out and started down the stairs, he felt there was something important about that though, something he was missing. He shrugged it off and walked down to find the boy cooking. "Oh, there you are." Russia said, Canada looked up from his food and looked toward him.

The boy smiled. "Oh hey, you're awake." He said.

"Da."

"I came home and you were sleeping pretty sound."

"O-Oh, Da, I was tired." Russia said. "What are you making? Dinner?"

"Yup~" Canada smirked. "It's, um, pancakes."

"For dinner?"

"Eh, I'll do what I want to day eh?" He giggled a bit and flipped a pancake. Russia blinked, wait a second... July first... Now he got it, it was Canada's birthday! Now he got it! He did see a lot of people out in Ottawa, people dressed up a bit, buildings were decorated more, now he understood, Canada day. He looked down a bit, he felt stupid for not remembering, even with all the time he's been spending with him. It was his day off, cause it was his birthday, he had to leave because he had to meet up with officials for the day, just to make sure there wasn't anything wrong.

Russia leaned against the wall, sinking a bit in his stupidity; though it wasn't really his fault, he didn't even know it was a new month. Something surprised Russia though, he was curious about no other nation had said anything, France or America, no one. He was a bit embarrassed now though, forgetting, he didn't want to say anything right now.

Canada finished making the pancakes, my god they were huge, he was treating himself today, really treating himself. Each one was different, with different things stuck inside, from plain to chocolate chip, blueberries to maple candies in some. Russia blinked at the food, he wouldn't be able to eat half of that. "Dinner is done!" Canada giggled a bit and placed the huge plate of pancakes onto the table then placing a plate for Russia, another for Kumajirou, and then one for himself. He plopped himself on the seat and began digging in, Russia smiled a bit and sat down with him. He started taking a few of them, then like Canada, but not as much, poured maple syrup on them. Canada had already eaten two by the time Russia was half way through one. Russia assumed because it was his birthday, he would treat Kumajirou for the day and give him the tasty pancakes with the fish he had on his plate already; the bear dug in like there was no tomorrow.

Russia was stuffed, after only eating four and a half, he was full. Canada had ate... damn, Russia lost count after ten. Russia sat there and drinked some hot chocolate that Canada had made, he tried to gulp down the rest of the pancakes, his stomach wouldn't take it though. He decided not to push it and just wait for Canada to finish the last few, he couldn't understand how he was still going though; the boy's stomach as an empty pit, just like America's, guess the United moron had really influenced him. "You're done?" Canada tilted his head.

"D-Da. I'm full Matvey." Russia said. "You're not?"

"Not at all~" He giggled a bit, Russia smiled at the boy's laughter. "So, wanna do anything?"

"Not right now, I feel to full to move." Russia chuckled a bit. "You're pretty amazing when it comes to food, I can't believe you're still eating."

"Canada likes his pancakes." he said and bit another bite. "Hey, Russia, wanna take a little walk with me?"

"To where?"

"Parliament Hill. Their setting off fireworks if you want to see any."

"Fireworks? I'm sorry to say I'm not a huge fan...They remind me of gunshots..." Russia frowned a bit, thinking he would upset the boy, but Canada understood.

"I know, I feel the same way about the noise." Canada said. "But when I see the colors, I enjoy them, I think their beautiful."

"Matvey."

"Yeah?"

"I'll go if you want."

"W-What? R-Really?" Canada asked surprised. "But you just said-"

"I'll cover my ears, it'll be fine. They are beautiful after all." Russia gave a little smile, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Canada got a bright smile.

"Thank you!" He giggled a bit. "I'll go get my coat eh?"

"Da. Hurry, so we don't miss them." Russia gave a smile. Canada nodded and quickly went for his room to get his sweatshirt on, all his coats were winter ones. Russia got up and picked up Kumajirou with him. "Do you like fireworks?"

"I guess." Kumajirou yawned. Russia started making his way towards the front door and put Kumajirou on the stairs. Canada came down with his bright red sweatshirt, a huge white maple leaf on the back, and a little Canadian flag on one side of his chest, his hood popped over his head and all, he was cute.

"Ready?"

"Yup~" Canada said. He picked Kumajirou up and then grabbed onto Russia's hand and gently pulled him out the door. Russia blushed a bit and followed out. Canada didn't live so far away from his capital, it was a five minute walk. Another walk to Parliament Hill would be another fifteen minutes, which Russia didn't mind that much; the entire time, Canada held onto Russia's hand, it made him feel nice when he was with Canada. Russia was surprised when he saw the place as a building and roads more than a hill, it reminded him a bit of his own Red Square, everything must be done here, he figured; it was his government's home, he could tell. Russia wasn't too happy with going through crowds, Canada knew that. He held onto the Russian's hand and pulled him over and away from the large crowds and got through by going through the small crowds, Russia was a bit grateful for that.

Russia liked it a bit, the groups of people, children of all ages standing there in colorful clothings, waiting for the fireworks to begin. He liked seeing the children, little girls and boys dressed up with some face paints of the Canadian flag and maple leafs, adults with paints of the same way and even dressed up with some hats or funny clothing, Russia could only smile at it. Canada's country was quite beautiful, he always thought that, his people seemed to love the country, Canada certainly did his best, it was very peaceful too. He held onto the boy's hand just a little tighter, getting his grip on more. His thoughts were stopped by the first pop of the fireworks.

Russia didn't cover his ears, he didn't want to let go of Canada's hand, he could handle it. The first crackles went off, he saw Canada smile at the first couple pops. They went off, bright flying colors of red, orange, then yellow, some white, lighter reds, lighter oranges, different shades of the yellow, all different colors shooting off, combining colors with even different shapes, big and small, wider, longer; they were beautiful. Colors of blue, green, and purple soon joined, sparkles went off with them, they lasted a while, never having the same repeat pattern. Russia honestly expected a maple leaf fire work to go off, they ended it with the biggest bang of red and white. "They were nice." Russia said, he looked toward the happy Canadia.

"Yeah~ They were better than last year's too." Canada pulled Russia a bit as a sigh to go before the crowd started to stumble out, running into people wasn't Russia's plan. They got out of the crowd quickly and headed back home.

"You live very close to the government building." Russia noticed. "I live some twenty minutes away from mine, and that's by car."

"Huh? Oh yeah, I like staying close by in case they need me."

"Oh." Russia said. He felt bad now, about not wishing the boy a happy birthday; he sighed. "Matvey."

"What up?" Canada looked at him. Russia stopped walking, Canada followed and stopped ahead.

"I'm sorry..." Russia started. "I forgot it was your birthday today, I had it in the back of my head but I forgot." He admitted, Canada just looked at him. "So, I owe you. Happy Birthday Matvey." Russia tried to smile a bit, Canada made a little frown.

He snapped it back to a smile. "Thank you Russia."

"W-Why do you look so unhappy?" Russia asked and grabbed back onto the boy's hand.

"I'm not, it's just funny." Canada said. "You knew from this morning?"

"Da, I remembered when you got home." Russia said.

"Heh," Canada looked down a bit. "You're the last person I expected to know and you were the only one to know." He looked back up at Russia, Russia frowned a little.

"Oh that's not true, I'm sure America remembered, or England, and especially France must of."

"Na, America's too busy with his own birthday, England never remembers, and France's memory of it is on and off, he hasn't remembered since 1998." Canada said. "I-It doesn't matter though," he pulled Russia to come. "Let's go home eh?"

"Da..." Russia continued to frown, he felt bad now. No one remembered? Not even America or France? His own family? Russia knew people didn't like him, but people still knew his birthday, they always wished him a good one. If someone said it to him, why wouldn't they remember Canada's? He walked behind the boy a bit, clearly it upset him, and he wouldn't show it. S

"I'm gonna head to bed, I'm pretty tired." Canada said as they walked through the front door. "Okay?"

"Da, that's fine. Good night Matvey."

"Night." Canada headed up the stairs as Russia stood there and took his boats off. Russia then followed up and headed into his room. He took his jacket off and got into more comfortable clothing, a light dress shirt and a pair of pants, he wasn't ready for bed. He opened the boy's door a crack and took a little peek in, how upsetting, he was already asleep; what a crummy birthday. Russia closed the door quietly and then stood against it, he sighed, he wished the boy's special day could have been better than what it was.

That's when he got an idea, Russia smirked a bit.

OOO

Canada awoke to Kumajirou licking his face, he tried turning away and pulling the blanket over him. Kumajirou licked his hand sticking out, until he pulled his hand back under the blanket, then Kumajirou snuck under the blanket with him and licked him more. "Get up." Kumajirou said and licked his face more, Canada moaned. He slowly flipped onto his stomach, got up on his forearms, and peeked his head out from under the blanket. He looked toward his alarm clock, 11:27, why would Kumajirou wake him when it wasn't even morning?

"What do you want?" Canada yawned. Kumajirou jumped off the bed and headed toward the door, then scratched at it. "I fed you for the night already." He laid back down, then jumped when he heard a bang downstairs. He sat up to sitting on his knees then grabbed onto his glasses and put them on quickly. He climbed out of the bed and started headed toward the door. He opened it and Kumajirou quickly made his way out and down the stair. "K-Kumadu wait." He whispered and quickly followed, he didn't know what was happening downstairs, someone could even be breaking in, and he didn't want Kumajirou in the middle of it. He snuck down the stairs and quietly followed the little bear, though he had now lost Kumajirou. He made his way toward the kitchen and quickly turned the light on, nothing there. He did hear Kumajirou though, going toward another room. Canada carefully followed him through the hallway and through the door, then turned the light on; he was certainly surprised.

"Surprise!" America laughed. Canada was in shock; the entire room was decorated, balloons floated in the air, cards sat on the table, the smell of maple filled the room, France, England, America, and Russia stood there.

"W-What the... what are you guys doing here?" Canada asked.

"We came to celebrate your birthday!" America ran over and put an arm around his little brother. "It's not over yet!" He pulled the slightly confused Canadian in more.

"Cover your eyes~" France smiled. Instead of waiting for Canada to do it, America did it for him and covered the boy's eyes with his hands. He guided the Canadian forward a bit and stopped him in front of something. "Joyeux anniversaire Matthieu."

"Happy birthday lil bro!" America let the boy go and the others stepped away from what they were hiding, Canada smiled. It was a cake, chocolate frosted with little cookie maple leafs spread across it, red and white writing of "Joyeux anniversaire Canada", which he read easily unlike the others, vanilla frosting around the sides of the square cake, it looked so good. "It's maple flavored too!" Canada hugged onto America, then onto France and England.

"I made it by the way~" France grinned.

"And he wouldn't let me help." England frowned a bit.

Thank god, Canada sighed in relief. "Aw, it's the thought that counts though Britain!" He said, it was the best comment he could come up with." He gave a little kiss on the French man's cheek, then a small hug to England. "I hope the cake is as good as it looks~" He giggled.

"Let's test that!" America laughed. He quickly got the knife out to cut it as Russia got some paper plates. America was the first to get a piece of cake, England yelled at him and told him to give the first one to Canada, which he listened to and gave the Canadian the cake. America grabbed the second one, followed by France, then England, and Russia was the one to grab the last piece, he decided to try it even though he didn't like sweets that much. Russia watched as Canada and his family joked around a bit, he looked so happy; Russia smiled.

They stayed up for a while, they watched a movie with the cake. By the time it quiet down, meaning the only time they were quiet, they had fallen asleep. England had fallen asleep on the couch and landed his head on America's shoulder, which he didn't care for and fell asleep too. Canada had fallen on the other couch, spread out across it, with Kumajirou laying himself on the boy's stomach and chest. France had fallen asleep next to him, the boy used France's lap as a pillow, he was used to it. Russia decided to clean up after them, he wasn't so tired so he cleaned the mess they had made. "That was very kind of you." He heard France say. Russia quickly turned around to find the French man standing there.

"I thought you were sleeping." Russia said.

"I woke up," France said. "I mean it though Russia, it was nice of you to put this together."

"Be quiet." Russia said.

"What? Am I not allowed to praise you?"

"No. You're not." He put the last of the garbage into the bag.

"So why did you call us over anyway? I mean, you hate us."

"Matvey was upset." Russia said. "He shouldn't have to spend his birthday alone and unremembered, and you should remember that."

"Oui, oui, I know, I always manage to get too busy and it slips my mind though."

"Then write it down." Russia said with a sharp tone.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." France put his hands up in a "don't shoot" way. "I know, I'm horrible for not remembering the day my son gained independence." He put his arms down and gave a little smile at Russia. "But you doing this made him very happy Russia. Thank you." Russia looked at him as he gave the Russian a thank you and walked back to sleep by the Canadian. Russia smiled a bit though, he was happy that he had made Canada happy, he liked to see him smile.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thank you~

First off, this is influenced by "Giving In" By Artificial. We did talk it over and the author has given me permission to start it like this.

Translations:

ITS FRENCH:

Joyeux anniversaire Canada: Happy birthday Canada

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

636 40 16
A rewrite of the original by Jedivoicon. Technology has lived on this Earth for centuries, millennia even. She has seen all the greatest empires rise...
6.5K 245 11
Years after a high school incident that left Matthew Williams, amnesiac, Ivan Braginsky fatefully encounters him in hopes of rekindling a long, lost...
4.1K 174 25
This is the second book (after The Extent of Love) of this series! Read that one first or you will be confused! He was happy. He was content. Life wa...
368 61 15
Two girls, Amelia and Madeline, meet on the busy streets of New York City, in a very unexpected way, while Madeline is on a field trip for her school...