Retrieving Love (Sequel to TB...

By CallMeImmi

She's the Bad Girl: Fierce and strong but with a soft side and a kind heart. He's the Good Boy: Smart and nic... More

Retrieving Love (Sequel to TBGATGB)
Retrieving Love
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
I'm So Sorry & Thank You
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
NOT AN UPDATE (sorry)
ONCE AGAIN NOT AN UPDATE (Sincere apologies)
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Quick Little Note
Final Chapter! (Finally...)
Final Note
NEW STORY

Chapter Nine

4.6K 188 51
By CallMeImmi

*Annalisa*

“Lisa, why are you frowning?” I jump, causing pain to flare all throughout my body as I spin around, tearing my eyes away from my reflection to look down at my little sister, Shae in surprise, the small blonde haired and blue eyed three year old tilts her head as she inspects my face, something that I’d been doing before she came in. “What happened Lisa?”

I give the girl a small half smile, it was the most I could give her, both because it hurt to use my cheek muscles and because I wasn’t in a smiling mood. “Nothing to worry about Shae, I’m fine.” I say kneeling down so I was her height, all my muscles protesting even more as I did so.

A massive grin crossed her face as she believed my words and stepped forward to hug me.

I tense as she makes contact but force myself to relax as I hold her in my arms. “I love you Shae-Bear.” I whisper in her ear.

She pulls back her blues eyes trained on my own as she plays with my hair before little touching the graze and bruise on my cheek. “I love you too Lisa-Bear.” She grins, “Are you staying for dinner?”

The thought of my father seeing me like this was too painful to think about, I didn’t even want Shae to have seen me all battered and bruised, I’d just come home for clothes and to shower.

The showering part I’d already done, “No.” I whisper, hating the way her face fell slightly, “Does anyone else know I’m here?”

She shakes her head enthusiastically. “Nuh uh.” Her voice drops to a whisper at my words.

To her this was a game.

Don’t let anyone know Annalisa was home.

She hated it because it meant I wasn’t there, but also liked it cause it was fun to her.

“Mummy,” Erica, I mentally correct Shae’s words to myself, “is home, but out the back. Daddy at work.” She informs me. “Are you going now?”

I lean forward, ignoring the slight complaint my back gave at the gesture, “Yeah I am. Make sure the hall is clear for me whilst I go to my room?”

Shae gives me another hug before stepping back and giving me a salute, “I do that for you, Lisa.”

I smile at her as she walks out the door and I go into my room, emptying my bag into the laundry basket in my room and going to my wardrobe to refill it with clean clothes.

I suppose this was my way of telling my dad that I was home, he’d come into my room and see that the laundry basket had clothes in it.

I never meant for him to wash them, I used to do it myself but I think in a way it gave him comfort. I was alive, I was changing clothes, I needed more and Shae probably let slip to dad that I’d been here.

I shove all the fresh clothes in my duffle the best I can and take a look around the room. I hadn’t changed it since I was 14, it hadn’t changed at all in those two years. No one moved anything.

I’d bet anything Erica had constantly suggested they do something else with my room.

“Lisa, you need to go now, other mummy,” Erica, “Is gonna be inside.”

I nod at the little girl as she runs into my room.

“Love you.” I whisper kissing the top of her head before standing up, ruffling her hair lightly and bolting down the hallway.

As I shut the front door, I just hear the back door opening, I go over to my Harley Davidson and quickly drive away, passing a familiar blue car as I went.

My dad knows I went home now.

“Miss Reyes.” I let out a moan as someone lightly shakes my shoulder, pulling me out of my dream, which happened to be a memory from last year. “Miss Reyes.” The female voice says a little more forcibly.

At the tone change I forced my eyes to open, blinking a couple of times to make the figure standing above me to transform from a blob to an actual person.

A red haired girl, the girl who always makes me look ‘presentable’ and she also happens to be the girl who never speaks.

“You spoke?”

Well done Annalisa, I internally scowl at myself, you just managed to sound like the biggest idiot.

The girl flashes me an amused look nonetheless, “Yes, I suppose I did.” She responds before wiping her face void of any and all emotion. “You need to get up miss, and shower incredibly quick.”

The more she spoke the more I could hear the English accent in her voice.

I could see the fear in her green eyes as well as I stayed in bed each second longer. “May I ask why?” I question as I push the blankets off of me and swing my legs over the side of the bed.

“Will it make you get in the shower quicker miss?” She says, forcing her voice to be polite.

I tilt my head at the red head and walk over to where the bathroom, that lead into this room, was. “Yes.”

“Mr Pierce wishes to show you off to some important,” She pauses for a moment, as if pondering what to say next, “Clients.” She finally settles with. “So please quickly shower, but make sure you shave your legs as the dress is short but sleeves, there’s a robe and under garments in there for you to change into, dry off as quickly as you can and wrap the smaller towel around your head, that way I can do your make-up.”

I think at some point my mouth must’ve dropped at the sound of her talking so much after I had just presumed her to be a mute.

But the second the British girl raised an eye brow at me and waved her hands at me, I quickly go into the bathroom and turn on the water.

I tried to count in the shower, to 120.

2 minutes.

In that time I tried to quickly wash myself, by the time I’d carefully shaved one legs I’d already reached 120.

So I started counting again.

This time by the time I reached 120 my legs had been shaved and my blonde hair had been washed.

I got out and quickly dried my body, towel drying my hair a little bit before wrapping all my hair into the towel, drying my body more thoroughly. I look over at the under garments and sigh, pulling the bra and underwear on before pulling the silk robe on.

Wouldn’t expect anything less when it came to Brandon Pierce, with his ways of treating his beloved guests.

The bitter thoughts entering my head where normal now and I don’t look at my reflection at all as I leave the bathroom, nor when the red haired girl sits me down and starts to work on my make up in silence.

This time however I couldn’t take the silence.

“I wish there was music.” I find myself saying before I can stop the words from leaving.

Her hands never stop as she puts something on my face, I don’t know what, I wasn’t paying attention. I never did.

“It would be nice wouldn’t it.” She agrees, never slowing in her job as applying makeup.

“Do you know who he’s going to show me off to today?”

I look up to see if her facial expression changed at all. “No I don’t.” It didn’t.

She was telling the truth.

“How long have you been here?” The words leave my lips before I even realised the question had crossed my thoughts.

She tilts her head slightly, and I’m unsure if it’s because of my question or because she was looking at her handy work. “I’m not sure. But not too long, perhaps four or five months. I don’t expect to be here much longer either.” She says almost bitterly before her eyes widen as if she can’t believe she just said that, “Please,”

“Don’t repeat it, it’s okay.” I interrupt as she takes a step back.

She cocks her head at me for a brief moment before stepping back closer to finish doing my makeup.

“Why do you not think you’ll be here for much longer?” I can’t help but question in a hushed tone.

She doesn’t answer at first and I fear she’s gone back to being a mute again before she finally speaks. “My,” She pauses her speech but her hands keep moving as she seems to think, “I don’t really know what we are, but I suppose I can just call him a boy I know. He won’t leave me here. I’m sure of it.” Her voice drops to a whisper at the end.

I can’t help but feel for her as she stammers over her words and her voice cracks at a few of them.

It made me think of my situation with Kade.

Was he even looking for me now? Or had he moved on?

Gone to a college, he could easily do that, he was a smart boy, so very smart.

I wish I’d said the words to him, just once more.

I love you Kade.

“Your makeup is done.” She breaks the silence that had filled the room. “Let’s dry your hair.”

The room then was filled with the loud sound of a hair dryer as the red head used a brush to give it shape, I suppose, as she went.

After that she walked over to the bed where a dark midnight blue dress with lace three quarter length sleeves sat. I was sort of glad, it wasn’t as tight as all the others he had chosen for me to wear, but despite it not being tight it was still a little on the short side for my personal preference.

Not that my preference has been taken into consideration once in these past three weeks.

Three weeks.

That’s all. I hadn’t been here months like this red haired girl had, but I did wonder how long I’d have to be here before I lost count of my days.

Lost count of the weeks.

The months.

But I don’t think I could, not with Kade always on my mind.

I think back, as the girl zips up the dress, to one of my last moments with Kade.

The reason why he didn’t come after me right away.

“Let me go with you.”  

Kade had begged me, I knew he’d wanted me to come.

I remember using this as an excuse to reach forward and take his hand before telling him the words that I knew would make him stay, at least for two weeks.

“I need you here, to watch over Shae, I told her you would until graduation.”

To say he’d been unimpressed with my words had been evident in both his eyes and his voice as he spoke.

“Why would you tell her that?”

He’d questioned, causing me to take the chance and challenge him, seeing if I knew him as well as I’d thought I did.

“Because you won’t leave if she’s counting on you.”

I had to believe he’d stayed.

But graduation had gone and passed and I had no idea what Kade was doing now.

“You’re almost done.” Her British voice cuts through my thoughts as she puts a necklace around my neck, it’s at that point I realise my normal one was missing. “I took it off.” She whispers as my hand goes up to my throat, “It’s not hidden by this dress. You’ll get it back don’t worry.”

She added walking around me and picking up the shoes by the door. White heels. I step into them before letting out a light sigh. “I suppose it’s time for me to go down.”

It wasn’t a question really, more so a statement but nonetheless she gives me a small nod whilst looking at me with sad eyes but not saying anything.

I walk over to the door, my hand wrapping around the handle before I look over my shoulder, “What’s your name?”

The girl gives me a small smile, “Lucy.” She says, “My names Lucy.”

And with that I twist the door handle, but don’t pull it open, looking over my shoulder again, “Call me Annalisa.”

Before walking out the door, shutting it behind me and making my way towards the steps where, sure enough, George stood waiting for me.

“Just in time Miss Reyes.” He says, giving me a quick once over as though to make sure I look presentable.

It’s at that moment that the double doors open and the quiet room is suddenly filled with a loud booming voice, “What could you, possibly, have that’ll be of interest to me?” The unfamiliar voice says as Brandon Pierce steps into the house.

His green eyes immediately finding me at the top of the stairs, he keeps his eyes locked on mine as he responds, his voice quieter than that of the mans, but nonetheless his words were audible and clear, “A Reyes.”

My heart jumped into my throat.

*A/N: WHOA WHAT'S THIS?! AN UPODATE D: The horror!!!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah so enjoy hehe c: Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT I love chatting with yous and hearing your theories ^.^

Eventually all shall be revealed.

AND Check out my NEW STORY PLEASE.

The Player and The Played: Kyle's Game [#1]

Synopsis & Link: http://www.wattpad.com/story/27803344-the-player-and-the-played-kyle%27s-game-1

*I never knew about the game. But I should've seen it coming. I just didn't expect that from him.*

I'll pick the girl on the first say of school.
First, befriend her.
Second, romance her. 
Third, commence the three F's.
Forth, the 'L' word.
Good luck.

PLEASE AND THANK YOU

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 59.8K 29
After the death of her dad Hayley has to start over in a brand new town and a brand new school. She's a troublemaker, it's in her blood to think she...
6.9M 164K 46
He's a bad boy She's a good girl While he's out causing trouble, she's locked up safely in her room doing homework He pushes everyone away, she has...
213K 9.9K 35
Wren had thought that she was doing everything right. She had the right career path, the right boyfriend, the right friends. She did everything that...
676K 17.2K 22
She is the bad girl. Mean. Sarcastic. Tattoos. Piercings. Ripped jeans. Bad grades. Disruptive. That's how one would describe Annalisa Evans. He is t...