RAYNE (SBTE Book 5)

By wolflover2012

Amazing cover was made by Forever_Young2296 Being a girl growing up in a werewolf pack is hard. Being the onl... More

Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Marcus's P.O.V
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter LIAM'S P.O.V
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Marcus's P.O.V
Liam's P.O.V
Chapter Twenty Three
Liam's P.O.V
Liam's P.O.V
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
LIAM'S P.O.V
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Epilogue

Chapter Thirteen

32.1K 785 203
By wolflover2012

Chapter Thirteen

Sally eventually brought the food out to the and placed it on the table, so everyone could serve themselves. She had cooked a giant turkey with green beans and mashed potato.

“So Rayne, I hear you are eighteen now, have you found your mate yet?” Sally asked, as she sat down in her chair.

Rayne looked down at her plate, she didn’t want to lie to Liam’s mother, but she couldn’t tell the truth. Thankfully, she was saved from answering by her mother.

“No she hasn’t yet Sally.”

Sally smiled at Rayne “I wouldn’t worry too much about it, mates are not as important to our species as it is to a werewolf, Liam’s dad and I are not mates and we couldn’t be happier with each other.”

Jesse frowned beside Rayne “What happens if either of you should meet your mate?” He asked.

Sally shrugged “We wouldn’t know that they were, as soon as Liam’s father and I marked each other our mating bond was broken. I guess you could say by us marking each other we had chosen them to be our mate so our feeling changed towards each other as if we were truly mates”

“What about your intended mate? Would they not know you were meant to be their mate?” Jesse asked.

Sally smiled sadly, “Their side of the bond would be intact, so they would still know. If they are human that would just feel a strong attraction towards them but could move on and find love elsewhere. But if they were a were lion they would only have to mark someone else to break their side of the bond as well.”

“What if a were lions mate was a werewolf? How would the wolf go about breaking their side of the bond?” Jesse asked.

“They can’t” Sally said sadly. “It’s very rare for a were lions mate to be a werewolf, but it’s strongly recommended that the lion mate with them, to avoid any problems”

“Yeah but what if, let’s say the werewolf reject the were lion because she is a were lion, can the were lion then find someone else?”

Rayne shifted uncomfortably in her seat, she was not too comfortable with the direction the conversation has gone. She knew Jesse was asking all this for Rayne sake, but Rayne was already aware of the options she had.

Sally frowned and looked at Natasha “I have never heard of a werewolf rejecting their mate because of their species. But if that were the case the were lion is free to find he self a more suitable mate.”

“Well that’s handy to know” Jesse muttered.

They continued to eat in silence for the remainder of the meal, once every one had finished eating, sally cleared the table and then brought out two large apple pie.

“I hope everyone is still hungry” She said smiling. “I was so excited about you all coming over that I went a little over board with the baking.”

They all laughed as Liam’s mother blushed. She dished each of them a slice of apple pie with a scoop of whipped cream.

“Mmm this is great Mrs Pride,” Rayne said as she ate a mouthful of pie.

“Thank you dear, and what did I say about calling me Sally” She said smiling.

“Sorry,” Rayne said softly.

“So Liam, do you have a girlfriend?” Cole asked from across the table.

Liam looked at Rayne before looking at her father “Not officially sir, but I have been telling everyone at school that Rayne is my girlfriend”

Cole smiled at him “Keeping the competition away hey”

Liam blushed “Something like that” he muttered.

Sally gasp and turned to Natasha “You know what would be a prefect idea” She said smiling “If Rayne and Liam were to become mate’s”

Rayne’s mother looked at her daughter and smiled “I think that would be a brilliant idea Sally”

“Er Natasha honey, don’t you think Rayne and Liam should have a say in this?” Cole asked.

Everyone at the table turned their attention to Liam and Rayne. “What do you say kids? This way if you breed you will know for sure that your children will be were lions” Natasha said.

Thia threw her fork down on her plate and stood from the table “I need some air” She said before storming out of the room.

Rayne watched as she left then looked at her brother beside her. He shook his head at Rayne “She will be fine, I’m not chasing after her”

Rayne smiled at him “I know she will be fine, it was you I was worried about” Rayne said softly.

Jesse frowned at her “Me? Why would you be worried about me?” He asked

“I didn’t know if you’re feeling were hurt by what mum had just said,” She said softly.

Jesse snorted “Rayne I understand that mum just wants to make sure the were lions don’t die out, I know she doesn’t love me any less because I was born a werewolf. I even agree with her that you and Liam should mate, that way you know you will have lion cubs”

Rayne stared at her brother shocked, she was about to say something to him when she was interrupted.

“So what do you kids say? Would you be happy to not find your intended mate and choose each other instead?” Her mother asked.

Rayne sat there unable to speak, she didn’t think that her parents idea was such a bad one, Ever since she had slept with Liam her feeling towards him have grown stronger, and her feelings towards Marcus had diluted somehow.it was as if her body no longer felt the mate pull towards Marcus as strongly as she had before. She didn’t understand why but she felt relieved that she no longer felt that way. The only thought s that worried her was that Liam didn’t feel that way toward her and that he only wanted to be friends. She also couldn’t help but worry about what Marcus would do when he found out. Rayne looked at Liam who was sitting beside her, “What do you think Liam?” She licked her lips “I mean you are the one who would have to put up with me”

“I couldn’t think of a better person for a mate, then you Rayne”

Both their mothers squealed and bounced in their seat.

“Now you kids do know that you don’t have to do this if you don’t want to?” Cole asked “I mean I don’t want you to feel pressured into doing something that you don’t want to do” He said when he noticed his mate glaring at him. “We will understand if you say no”

“It’s alright Mr Benson, I would love for your daughter to be my chosen mate” Liam looked at Rayne “That is if she wants to be mine.” He said.

Rayne smiled at him “Of course I want to”

Natasha looked at her husband, a smile replacing her glare. “We should see your brother and see if we can have a pack meeting to announce their mating and throw a party in celebration”

“I’m sure he would be happy to do that for us, we should probably keep the mating thing a secret until then” Cole said.

They all looked at the kids sitting at the table, Jesse held his hands up “I won’t say a word” He promised.

“We will have to tell Thia to keep it to herself.” Natasha said

Jesse snorted beside Rayne “You won’t have to worry about Thia saying anything, that would be taking the attention away from herself and that just goes against everything Thia believes in.”

Rayne burst out laughing as well as Liam “That’s true”

“So when do we do this mating thing?” Liam asked. “I mean do I mark Rayne now? Or do I have to wait?”

Natasha looked at Cole before looking at Liam’s parent “Well, maybe you should do it the night of the announcement?” Natasha suggested

“I agree” Said Cole “That way you both have had time to think about it, and make sure this is what you really want, you both know that you don’t have to do it if you don’t want too?”

Rayne and Liam looked at one another, thanks to the heat they have already slept with each other, Rayne already considered Liam a good friend and people at school already thought she was dating him. If she had a choice between Marcus and Liam, she would choose Liam.

“I’m ok with it all,” Rayne said.

Liam smiled at her “Me too”

“Oh I’m so excited, my baby has gotten herself a mate” Natasha said wiping a tear from her eyes “Next step, grand babies”

Both Rayne and Liam’s smiles dropped off their face and their eyes widen in worry.

“I don’t think I am ready for kids just yet mum,” Rayne said quickly.

“Oh I know that sweetie, I’m just thinking about what the future now holds now that you have a mate” she said smiling at her.

Every one finished their deserts around the same time Thia came back into the room.

“Well I think we should get going” Cole said

“Thank you for inviting us around for dinner” Natasha said smiling at Sally.

“It was our pleasure we will have to do it again sometime”

“For sure” Natasha said.

They all made their way to the front door and said their good bye.

“We will let you know when we have made a date for the meeting” Natasha told Sally.

Rayne looked at Liam, for the first time she felt nervous and was not sure what to say to him.

“Well I guess I will see you at school tomorrow,” She said softly.

Liam smiled at her before leaning over and placing his hand on her face and gently stroking her cheek before lowering his head and giving her a soft kiss on her lips.

“Awe” Both Natasha and Sally said.

Rayne pulled away from Liam and blushed.

“See you tomorrow Rayne” Liam said softly.

They made their way to their car, Thia was complaining about how boring that was, but everyone ignored her and talked about how exciting it all was.

They drove back towards the pack house, Rayne lost deep in thought unable to believe that she had found someone who wanted her for a mate and was feeling a little worried about how Marcus will take the news.

********************************************************

Hey guys and gals

I wanted to say big THANK YOU to all of you who are reading my story, :-D Also thank you to those of you who had taken the time to leave a comment I really appreciate it and a lot of them have made me laugh. I do try to respond to every comment, the number is becoming overwhelming so I may have missed a few, if I have I’m sorry.

I would also like to say thank you to everyone who has voted and fanned me. It was so nice of you all to have done that, so thanks heaps. :-)

Lastly I have a few new writers that I would like to promote on here, so if you are like me and love to show your support then please check them out. :-D

Love2Read16 book: Shh it’s just me

http://www.wattpad.com/story/3507314-shhh-its-just-me

Hallmasters book: the last of the heros

http://www.wattpad.com/10896790-the-last-of-the-heros#!p=3

ChrisMayfield book: The sisters Secret

http://www.wattpad.com/story/3131676-the-sisters-secret

petratack book: ACADEMY FOR SENTINEL WOLF (A.F.S.W)

http://www.wattpad.com/story/3626327-academy-for-sentinel-wolf-a-f-s-w

Bloodthorn book: Love me for me

http://www.wattpad.com/story/3650839-love-me-for-me

Thanks again everyone, have a great Day/Night!

Wolflover2012

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 232 7
Idk the description so boring leave it just come and read ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
45.4K 932 22
"They lost my love will they gain it back"?
447K 9.7K 56
A girl who is terrified of the creatures who made themselves known and a possessive Alpha who has waited all his life for his mate.
27.5K 584 32
Bethany Richard, a 17 year old loner wolf posing in the small town of Abraxas as a "human", finds herself caught in a whirlwind of rejection, growth...