Jackine one-shots

By JackKellyscap

I know, I'm really late to the Newsies fandom... this is just a bunch of Jackrine one shots. More

Proposal
Baby Newsies
Help me, please
Pain
Hospital
Break up
Unsure
Baby Newsies 2
What do you think I am?
The Delancey's
Oversized hoodies and snow
Camping
Pulitzer? Plumber? Kelly?
When it rains, it pours
Slow dancing
Empty promises
I can't do this now
Haunted House
Christmas at the Lodging House
Till midnight
Masked faces and hidden lies
What are you doing
Single beds and lovely mornings
Accidents and Apologies
Can't sleep
Painted bellies and flowers
After the strike
Rag tag Kelly puppies
Your suitor's here
April Fools
Late Night Car Troubles
Fangirls
Birthday
Our mess
Disneyland
Three Little Words
Hide and seek
A run in with the Barrow gang
Cold

Rooftops and Fairylights

196 4 2
By JackKellyscap

Katherine did not enjoy the cold. One bit. Which made Christmas in New York very hard. And it was made even harder when she was friends with the newsies.

Jack, on the other hand, loved the cold. A lot. He loved snowball fights, and standing on the rooftop as it snowed. He loved making snowmen with the boys on Christmas Eve.

And this made the Katherine and Jack's relationship very interesting to say the least.

"Ace, youse have ta get up." Jack said, shaking his girlfriend awake as the snow began to fall on the window outside.

"It's too cold." She whispered, grabbing the duvets and blankets and pulling them over her head.

"That's cos youse ain't wearing any pyjamas." Jack said, a smirk playing across his lips as he ran a finger over her back.

Katherine popped her duvet and glared at him. "And whose fault is that?" She hissed before curling back into the divers.

"Well youse didn't complain." Jack said, picking her up- blankets and all- and holding her in his arms as he walked towards their balcony.

"Jack."

"If youse don't say ya getting up, I'll drop you in the snow." He said with a laugh, hissing when the snow from their balcony soaked through the fabric of his socks.

"You wouldn't." She said, wrapping her arms around his neck. "And I'm not wearing any clothes." She whispered into his ear, "We have neighbours."

"Then say youse'll get out of bed and do somethin today."

"Mhmm no. I wanna stay asleep." Katherine mumbled, shifting her position slightly so she was safer in his arms. She dug her head into his chest and moved closer to him.

Jack stood outside, holding her for a few more seconds before walking back inside.

"I told you you wouldn't." She said with a smirk, laughing as he dropped her down on the bed. She flipped onto her front and buried her head in the pillows, wrapping the blankets tighter around herself in the process.

"Jack?" She called when he didn't reply, letting out a scream when snow was dumped on her head. She kicked her legs out and turned to looked at Jack, who was standing with another snowball. "Asshole!"

Jack just smirked, cocking his arm and getting ready to throw another snowball. "Hmmm, say that again?" He asked, laughing as Katherine sat up.

She pouted and stuck her tongue out, crossing her arms and glaring at him. "Please, it's the holidays and it snowed." She pleaded, getting out of the bed and walking over to him.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and rose on her toes to kiss him. She smiled as he moved to wrap his arms around her, forgetting about the snowball.

Jack grinned against her lips, splaying a hand across her back, covering her in snow in the process.

Katherine pulled back, staring at him. "Jack Kelly." She glared at him, "For that, I get to choose what we do today." She said, beginning to shiver slightly as the snow in her hair began to melt and drip down across her shoulders and chest.

Jack frowned before nodding. He wrapped his arms around her again, leaning down to kiss her.

"Hmmm no." Katherine said, pulling back and grabbing his hand, leading him towards their bathroom.

--------

Katherine smiled as Jack opened the blanket for her. She curled up against his chest, clutching his jumper tightly.

"Youse enjoyin yaself?" Jack asked as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Very much so." She whispered contentedly, shutting her eyes before sitting up straight again. "Cookies!"

"What?" Jack laughed as she started to struggle out of the blanket.

"Cookies, we need cookies if we're gonna watch a movie. And hot chocolate!" Katherine said, pulling him up and towards the kitchen.

Jack smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. He rested his head on her shoulder and ran a finger up and down her stomach.

Katherine laughed and lent into his chest as she began to make hot chocolate. She left it to mix together whilst she went to look for cookies, Jack helping her grab them as they were on the top shelf.

"See?" She said once they were cuddled up on the sofa again. "This is much more fun than having a snowball fight."

Jack laughed and buried his face in her hair to hide his blush. "Maybe." He mumbled, trying to keep her hair out of his mouth.

Katherine laughed and laid down on the couch, smiling as Jack came to lay next to her, resting his head on her chest. She ran a hand through his hair and kissed the top of his head. "What movie are we watching?"

Jack just shrugged, slinging an arm around her waist. He nuzzled further against her chest and smiled as she continued running her hands through his hair. "Don't mind."

"The Grinch?"

"Hmm, yeah. Go ahead." Jack said, turning his head to look at the tv. He held her gently as she flicked on the movie.

----

Katherine groaned as Jack shook her awake, "Hmm what do you want?" She mumbled as he pulled her into a sitting position.

"It's snowing." Jack said, kissing her temple.

"And? It's been snowing all day." Katherine said grumpily, she did not take well to be waking up for no reason.

"Put on some pyjamas and meet me up on the roof." Jack pleaded, pulling her towards their bedroom.

Katherine turned to him, pouting softly. "But it's cold." She whispered, kissing his nose gently.

"Please Ace."

Katherine sighed and shrugged. "I'll be five minutes." She said with a smile as his whole face lit up.

"Yay! Thank you Ace." Jack said, pecking her lips gently before climbing onto the fire escape and disappearing into the snow.

----

"Jack?" Katherine called as she climbed out of the fire escape. "Honey?" She pulled her dressing gown tighter around her body and walked up the fire escape to the roof, almost slipping multiple times.

Jack appeared at the top of the fire escape, reaching down and helping her up. He brushed some snow off her red nose and kissed her forehead.

Katherine's eyes widened when he led her towards the fairy lights and steaming mugs of hot chocolate. "Wow." She said, smiling as he showed her the chairs he'd hidden away from the snow.

Jack picked her up, holding her against his chest. "See? The cold ain't that bad." He said, spinning her around before setting her down, making sure her feet didn't get too cold.

"It's beautiful Jack." She said, pulling him down on one of the chairs and sitting on his lap. She rested her head against his chest, taking the hot chocolate he handed her.

Jack smiled and wrapped his arms around her, "I know." He whispered, looking directly at her. He laughed as she turned even redder, hiding her face in her hot chocolate mug.

"Flattery will get you no where Mr." Katherine teased, kissing his forehead before taking a sip from her mug. "Jesus, what did you make this with?" She asked, coughing slightly.

"Dark chocolate and milk."

"Sugar?"

"No."

Katherine grinned before setting the mug in the snow, doing the same with his. "Honey, if you're doing it with chocolate you have to add milk, and wait for the chocolate to melt properly." She explained, running her hands through his hair as he blushed.

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh."

Jack laughed and stood up, setting her down in the snow. "Sorry." He said, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Hmm." She whispered, wrapping her arms around his neck as he pressed kisses across her face. She rested her head against his chest, wiggling her toes as she felt the snow seeping through her slippers. "My toes are cold."

Jack smiled, "Just, little longer, ok?" He whispered, enjoying holding her in his arms as the snow fell around them.

"But they're really cold." She said, trying to annoy him.

"I, come on Kath." Jack pleaded with a smile, trying to get her to enjoy the snow and fairy lights a bit more.

Katherine huffed, secretly loving his snow flecked hair and red nose. She rose up on her tiptoes and kissed his ear. "I can feel my toes falling off." She whispered in his ear, laughing as Jack pulled away.

"Oh, Kath, just." Jack said, giving her a small shove. His eyes widened when she let go of him and fell in a patch of snow.

"See, you ruined the moment." Katherine said with a laugh, reaching up and grabbing the edge of his shirt. She pulled him down, rolling away from him so he didn't fall on top of her.

Jack laughed and grabbed a handful of snow, dumping it across her hair. He took her waist in his hands and pulled her into his chest.

Katherine moved to straddle him, placing her hands on either side of his head. "Want to apologise for that?" She asked, leaning down and ghosting her lips against his.

"Hmm, what happens if I don't." Jack said, flipping them over. He grinned as she wrapped her legs around his waist.

Katherine flipped them over again, covering them both in snow in the process. "You might be sleeping out here. In the snow." She said, leaning down and kissing him. She let out a squeal as Jack slipped his tongue into her mouth and flipped them over.

"Youse wouldn't let that happen ta me though would ya Ace?" Jack asked, pulling away from her and moving his lips down towards her neck. He felt one of her hands leave his neck and the next think he knew was that she'd smashed his head with a snowball.

"Jesus!" He exclaimed, jumping away from her, snow dripping down his back. He looked down and saw her laughing. "Ace! Youse is gonna be sleepin out here!"

Katherine laughed, wrapping her arms back around his waist. "You wouldn't let that happen to me though would you Jack?" She mimicked, pushing him back down in the snow and sitting on his chest.

Jack placed his hands on her hips and sat up, kissing her as he did so. He pulled back when he noticed her shivering, "Cold?" He asked, pulling her closer to him.

"Maybe." She said, smiling as he stood up. "My toes are cold." She whispered, wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him tightly.

Jack just laughed, "Well that's cause youse got very thin slippers on." He said, leading her towards the chairs. He sat her in one on the chairs and took his slippers off, slipping them over her feet.

"But your feet."

"Mhmm, no. I'll be ok." Jack said, picking her off the chair and walking down the fire escape with her safely incased in her arms. He walked straight into the bathroom, setting her down in the bathtub.

"Still cold." Katherine mumbled, crossing her arms like a child when he tried to undress her.

"If youse get in the bath, youse can warm up." Jack said, beginning to run the bath water- Katherine still in the bath, fully clothed.

"Only if you get in with me." She said, taking off her pyjamas and smirking at Jack. She laughed as he undressed and climbed into the bathtub with her.

"Better?" He asked, opening his arms. He smiled as Katherine moved into his arms, resting her head against his chest.

"Better, but still cold."

--------

Jack looked down at Katherine, who was asleep against his chest in the bathtub. He stood up, keeping her in his arms. He reached over and grabbed her towel, trying his best to wrap her up in her towel without waking her.

"Hmmm Jack, baby?" She mumbled, opening her eyes as he placed her down on the bed.

"Go back ta sleep Ace." He whispered, wrapping his body up in a towel. He walked over and kissed her forehead, laughing quietly when he saw her eyes flutter shut.

He dried himself off and slipped on his pyjamas before slipping one of his pyjama shirts over her body. He climbed into the bed next to her, pulling her against his chest.

Katherine smiled subconsciously and nuzzled closer to him, kissing his neck softly. She blinked her eyes open and shuffled even closer to him. "Still cold." She said with a smirk.

"Honestly Kathy." He said with a small laugh, pulling the duvet and fluffy blanket over their bodies. "Better?"

"No."

Jack laughed, kissing her in an attempt to warm her up. "Youse is lying." He whispered, running his fingers up and down her thigh.

"Maybe I just want you to hug me tighter." Katherine blushed, kissing him softly. She smiled as she felt his chest heat up under her cheek, he was a full body blusher.

"Ok, if I hug youse, will youse stop complainin?" Jack asked, burying his head in her slightly damp hair.

"Yes." Katherine said, grinning goofily as he tightened his hold on her waist.

"Is this better then Ace?" Jack smirked, kissing hed gently.

"Mhmm, yes of course. I love you Jack, goodnight."

Jack laughed, "I love you too Ace, goodnight."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 407 23
A majority of these one shots will be either Jackrine or Sprace. And just a heads up, it is my goal to make them as sappy and sweet as possible, so...
4K 268 23
𝓴𝓪𝓻𝓮𝔀 𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓽𝓼
42.8K 411 20
Requests are currently closed. Mainly x reader and ship oneshots, but I'll do headcanons too. No smut. Enjoy!
211K 2.5K 137
I got the idea from someone else but I will not copy it. But I'm this story you will have some one-shot with the Newsie cast and the tour cast as wel...