Saving My Bestfriend

By unkn0wnx3

Hailie Adams left 3 years ago to travel around europe for a school photography program. When she left, she le... More

Chapter 1: Not what I expected.
Chapter 2: School filled with whispers
Chapter 3: Curiosity killed the Cat
Chapter 4: On a Mission
Chapter 5: Lets Make a Deal.
Chapter 7: Making Progress
Chapter 8: Just A Bad Day
Chapter 9: Uncontrollable Anger
Chapter 10: Identity is Revealed
Chapter 11: Frozen
Chapter 12: Staying Away
Chapter 13: A Night Out
Chapter 14: Thanksgiving Day
Chapter 15: A New Friend
Chapter 16: Round 1 & 2
Chapter 17: Letting Go
Chapter 18: Aiden vs. the Alter Ego (Part 1)
Chapter 19: Aiden vs the Alter Ego (Part 2)
Chapter 20: Changes
Chapter 21: Facing the Past
Chapter 22: The Last Time
Chapter 23: Doubting the Facts
Chapter 24: Avoiding & Pretending
Chapter 25: Avoiding & Pretending (part 2)
Chapter 26: The Confusion Continues
Chapter 27: Piecing the Puzzle

Chapter 6: The Masquerade

73.6K 1.5K 294
By unkn0wnx3

Aiden hasn’t missed a day of school and I was secretly proud of him. As much as I wanted to tell him, and talk to him, I didn’t…I stood away from him.

It was hard to keep my distance, but I did it.

I knew the overly bold and in his face approach didn’t work, so I was going to attempt this one.

Honestly I didn’t even know where to begin with this whole situation and that scared me.

I looked at my wall filled with pictures of my life and I couldn’t help but feel my heart fall to pieces.

There were pictures of Aiden and I as children, playing in the sandbox, then at our pretend wedding. There were pictures that I took just of him, then both of us. Memories that we shared frozen in time and it killed me to see them.

I missed him so much. I missed his humor, the way he laughed, his smile, his sarcastic or pervy comments, I missed him in my life. But all the things that I missed about Aiden were hidden deep down inside him now, and I was going to do my best to get them back.

In school I could see Aiden looking at me with a puzzled expression form the corner of my eye as I walked past him without glancing in his direction.

I could tell he was curious to why I wasn’t bothering him, and that gave me some satisfaction to know that he noticed.

I did my best to seem like I wasn’t bothered anymore about him or anything. I didn’t do it just for him, but for my friends and family…especially Jay.

For the past week on the outside I looked like I was actually happy. I went out with Jay and his friends, I laughed and socialized as if I was the old me…but that wasn’t true at all.

The old me was Hailie Adams the girl who had a bestfriend who was always there for her. They spent most of their time together since they were about 3, they were inseparable. That Hailie had a part of her best friend inside her, and it was the best part of her.

The new Hailie had that part violently ripped from her being, and there was nothing she could about it… so she put on a show, with her best fake smile and that’s how she spent her days.

Almost a week had passed when I got a text from Dom.

Be outside in 10.-Dom’

When I read that text I felt my heart race…he wanted to me up with me because he found out something, and that scared me.

***

“What’s going on?” I asked nervously as I got into his car, he just looked at me puzzled.

“You said you would text me when you found out something, and here you are.”

“Oh right, we will talk about it at lunch.” He said with a smirk.

The whole ride to the diner my palms were sweating and my hands were shaking, I don’t think I could handle the truth.

After we got our drinks and food, Dom finally spoke.

“I asked around about Aiden, and I found out a few things..” He said, and I just nodded my head.

“The reason he went to juvie was because he…uhm…he burnt down a warehouse and beat some guy to death…” Dom said with sadness in his eyes.

Wow, was all I could think of at the moment. It was as if nothing else in my brain was functioning.

“There are a few other rumors, but no one knows if there true. I know Aiden began street fighting, and that’s how it all started…” He said.

I was completely and utterly mind blown.

I kept trying to convince myself that this new big bad Aiden wasn’t the real him…but what if it is?

“Hailie? Are you okay? I know this is a lot to take in, and I’m sorry.” He said.

“Im going to try to break into my dad’s office and find out more…” He continued.

“Thanks.” I said in almost a whisper when I was able to speak again.

“I want to go.” I said quickly.

“Alright let me just pay the bill.” He said.

“No. I want to go with you and break into your dad’s office.” I said.

“Oh no. no no no a millions times no.” He said seriously.

“Please, I need to. I need to see for myself…” I begged.

“It’s dangerous.” He said strongly.

“I know that, but I don’t care. Plus you’ll be with me.”

“It doesn’t matter.”

“I’ll go on a date with you… a million dates if you let me go with you.” I pleaded.

“Cause that’s the reason I want you to go on a date with me…” he said sadly.

“Please… tomorrow nights the school dance, we could go there.” I said knowing that he wouldn’t want to miss the opportunity to have a high school experience.

He looked at me for a few moments as he thought about it in his head.

“Alright, but I think it’s stupid and we go when I say so.” He said.

“Thank you so much. Honestly Dom I’d probably get myself killed if it wasn’t for you…” I said.

“Don’t worry babe, I know…” He said with a crooked smile.

***

When I heard the bell ring I did one last quick check in the mirror and smiled at my reflection. I was wearing a black strapless dress. It was puffy at the bottom and stopped a mid-thigh, and the middle was a thick peach colored ribbon.

My mask wasn’t really a mask at all. It was made up of black plastic vines that just covered around my eyes, and in between the vines was nothing…you could see right through.

I was sick of masking things and hiding, and tonight I wasn’t going to do that…

I managed to get down the stairs and out the door without catching attention from my family members, and I was thankful to pass the whole meeting the date and taking pictures situation.

When I walked outside I saw Dom standing there against his car looking up and down my body with lust in his eyes and a smirk on his face.

“You’re drooling.” I said after a few moments.

“Well can you blame me?” He asked which put a bright smile on my face.

“Let’s see your mask.” I said, and he put it on.

It was a white plain mask that covered his eyes and a bit of his nose. I told him to make sure that he doesn’t take it off, because I don’t want anyone recognizing him.

When we got inside the school Dom was looking at everything like a kid in s candy store. He touched the lockers, and read each trophy in the trophy case, he was mesmerized. I had to pull him by his hand towards the gym doors.

The gym didn’t look like a gym at all; there were banners, balloons, and decorations everywhere. The DJ was on the stage playing music and everyone was dancing. You couldn’t really see anything with the flashing lights which made me feel better about Dom being here.

“Let’s go find my brother.” I said and took him by the hand.

When I finally found my brother he was sitting with his football friends and there bitchy cheerleading dates.

The girls looked at me with hatred and disgust in their eyes while their boyfriends said ‘hi’ and ‘what’s up’ to me. I was close to all the football players because of Jay, and I was positive that more than half of them would pick me over their own dates.

“Guys this is Dom, my date.” I said with a smile as the boys glared at him, and the girls batted their eyelashes…this all was very comical.

“Who’s this?” Jay asked all protectively.

Thankfully I knew how Jay was and already prepared some story to how I know Dom.

“I met him in Europe, while he was vacationing there.” I said, but I knew Jay wasn’t really buying it.

“Mhmm…” He said, and I just rolled my eyes.

“He has a Lamborghini.” Was all I had to say for my brother to drop his suspicion, because he was too busying pounding Dom with questions about his car…and I think Dom was enjoying it. Oh boys, can’t live with them, can’t live without them.

“Well Im going to get us some drinks.” I said to Dom who barely even noticed I was there.

I pushed pass the dancing bodies and made my way to the drink table.

Before the person even turned around I knew who it was…Aiden.

When he turned around he looked at me with a dropped jaw and wide eyes. He looked up and down my body just as Dom did, but this was more intense.

“What are you doing here?” He asked lowly but strongly.

“I think the real question is what are you doing here?” I asked with no emotion.

“One of the many things I have to do to graduate.” He said and I just nodded.

“Dances really aren’t your type of thing.” He said.

“Well how would you know what my types of things are anyway?” I asked.

“2 sodas.” I said quickly not giving him any chance to answer.

After he handed me the drinks I said thank you and then walked back to Dom, I could feel his yes burning holes through my back.

I walked over to Dom, placed the drinks on the table, grabbed him by his hands and pulled him to the dancefloor.

The song A thousand years by Christina Perri was playing and it was one of my favorites.

I pulled Dom close to me and wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled at him.

He wrapped his Arms around my waist and we danced.

 I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don’t be afraid

I have loved you for a thousand years

Ill love you for a thousand more.

“This high school experience is a lot better than I thought it would be.” He whispered into my ear.

“and its all because of you, thanks for taking me for my first dance.” He continued and I laughed.

The night was amazing and I hadn’t really thought about Aiden. When I saw him I wasn’t going to let him ruin my night and he didn’t. For some reason I felt that the only reason why it wasn’t ruined was because I had Dom.

All these emotions built up inside was the reason for what I did next.

I kissed him.

***

**Aiden’s POV**

She looked amazing as she stood in front of me. A million things were going through my head at the moment, but the most prominent one was how much I wanted to hold her in my arms and tell her everything.

She hasn’t even looked at me in almost 2 weeks and it was killing me. I knew I wanted her to stay away but now that she did…it hurt.

I couldn’t believe that I asked her what she was doing here; I wasn’t supposed to say anything. Asking questions about someone implies that I care, and Im not supposed to.

But after she left me and my eyes followed her back to where she was sitting my heart began to beat at a normal pace, until she pulled up some masked boy to the dance floor…

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Was Hailie Adams really dancing with a boy? A boy that’s not her brothers or me.

Seeing her with some guy made my anger boil inside. All I wanted to do was go up to him and knock him right out.

She had her arms around his neck, and he had his on her lower waist. Their foreheads were touching as they swayed to the music, and she laughed at something he whispered into her ear.

Ever since my dad started drinking and I met Mr. Marino I felt like my heart slowly faded away but I knew I was wrong because when I saw him kiss her a painful feeling shot throughout my chest.

I didn’t know who this guy was, but I was going to find out…I had to find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hi guys sorry for the late update ive been really busy and sick, & like I wasnt really sure where thsi story was going but I finally have some type of plan & so hereeee it is!

PICTURES OF HAILIES OUTFIT OON THE SIDE--->

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!

PLEASE COMMENT, FAN, & VOTE - the more the faster the update!<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.8K 1.5K 23
"I'm Aiden," he said then held out his hand. "Yeah.. I.. I remembered.. Aiden. You're Nate's best friend slash brother." "Oh, you don't prefer handsh...
252K 10.2K 49
I felt a hand under my chin and then I was looking right into Aiden's eyes. "You know that I care about you, right?" He used the same hushed tone. Ai...
7K 233 53
"This year will be different." Meet Savannah Thompson. Your average 17 year old girl. She has two amazing friends and a great relationship with her p...
3.5M 154K 74
"We need to start from the beginning. We need to find out who actually did it." ••• Alexandra Black's new found perfect life turns upside down when h...