Married By Chance

By AurumHeart

This book is a sequel and continuation. In order to understand it, you have to read 'Partners By Chance' firs... More

Married By Chance (BOOK 2)
Prologue: Till death do us apart.
Chapter 1: She's married.
Chapter 2: It's not about him.
Chapter 3: Two months late.
Chapter 4: I love Liam.
Chapter 5: Why are you here?
Chapter 6: Christian Louboutin.
Chapter 7: Hey, hubby.
Chapter 8: It's time for me to party!
Chapter 9: Kit Kat.
Chapter 10: Take me there.
Chapter 11: Still in love with him.
Chapter 12: Are you happy?
Chapter 13: Dinner.
Chapter 14: Louis Vuitton.
Chapter 15: We need to talk.
Chapter 16: HOPE.
Chapter 17: I was crazy.
Chapter 18: Miss Beauty and Brains.
Chapter 19: Nobody is Perfect.
Chapter 20: Seoul Fashion Week.
Chapter 21: Like a Rose?
Chapter 22: Mr Black, Mrs Black.
Chapter 23: Ciao.
Chapter 24: Mum.
Chapter 25: Black Industries.
Chapter 26: Donatella Versace.
Chapter 27: Nice to meet you.
Chapter 28: The Hotlist.
Chapter 29: You forgot about him.
Chapter 30: Edward and Elle Smith.
Chapter 31: I wasn't your boyfriend.
Chapter 32: Sushi.
Chapter 33: Gordon Ramsay.
Chapter 34: Back in London.
Chapter 35: Anna Wintour.
Chapter 36: Oscar de la Renta.
Chapter 37: They used to date.
Chapter 38: I like dresses.
Chapter 39: Signed with Gucci.
Chapter 40: Cause you're gorgeous.
Chapter 41: April 16th
Chapter 42: Vogue.
Chapter 43: This is happening.
THANK YOU!
Chapter 44: Make me cry.
Chapter 45: Need a ride?
Chapter 46: Home.
Chapter 47: His brother.
Chapter 48: Driving me crazy
Chapter 49: Please?
Chapter 50: Adam Black.
Chapter 51: Happiness.
Chapter 52: Sad night.
Chapter 54: Colton and Emily.
Chapter 55: You make my heart race.
Chapter 56: Getting kidnapped was fantastic.
Chapter 57: Bad Idea.
Chapter 58: The Summit
Chapter 59 : Cartier (Part 1)
Chapter 59: The effect you have on me (Part 2)
Chapter 60: Fellow Graduates
Chapter 61: Grow the fuck up.
Chapter 62: What are you afraid of?
Chapter 63: Speak Now (TV)
Chapter 64: My Darling
Chapter 65: Their daughter-in-law

Chapter 53: July 18th

12.6K 477 224
By AurumHeart

Amelia's outfit above.

Amelia Black

I roll over on Adam's bed and close my eyes. I let out a sigh, disappointed with myself because I haven't done any of the things I said I would. It's been three hours since he left and I haven't moved. I've just been scrolling through my phone. So much for having a productive day.

I know I will feel good after I workout but I just don't want to. I wonder what Adam is doing. He's out there taking on the world and barking orders I'm sure. I smile because I think he's very sexy when he's in control, except when he's telling me what to do.

I can't help but wonder if he's going to be a bossy and controlling partner. I scrunch my face. Nah! He's not like that. He's a control freak but he's no that type to tell me what I can or can do. He lets me have my way all the time. Like last night, he said we could sleep wherever I want but also decided we should sleep in his room so he could have me in his arms.

His bossiness always comes from him trying to protect me or wanting what's best for me and if it isn't, I'm not going to let him tell me what to do and what not to do.

Despite how much I love Adam, I want us to do this right. I can't ever lose myself in this relationship. That would be a problem for the both of us.

I get call from Emily so I answer. "Hey, bestie!" I smile.

"Hey, how are you doing?"

"I'm good. You? How are you feeling?"

"Still sick. It's horrible."

"I'm so sorry, Emily. Can I do anything?"

"No, The doctor said it's normal."

"I thought I told you to tell me when you're going to the doctors so I can go with you."

"It's just...... I rather do this by myself."

"Um.....okay. So did you need anything?"

"Yes, I want to talk about Nicole's birthday."

"Oh, yeah! What are we doing?"

"She hasn't said anything so I was thinking we should throw her a surprise party. She'll love that!"

"Yeah, that's perfect. We could have it on my yacht since we've never used it." I've been looking for the opportunity to use the gorgeous wedding gift I got from my in-laws.

"Actually, I was thinking of having it at my house. To make things less suspicious."

"You're right. That's better."

"So I'll text everyone and ask them to make fake plans incase she comes up with something."

"Okay, good and what do you need me to do?"

"Amelia, I need your help with everything. I'm too tired."

"Okay. I'll come over to talk."

"Yeah but later. I have to go to Hardwood now to submit my project."

"Good luck. Knightly is in a mood."

"Really? When did you submit yours?"

"Yesterday."

She tells me that she's scared and I laugh, assuring her that it's okay. I shouldn't have said anything. Dr Knightly is all bark no bite. I let her go cause she's got to drive and then immediately see a text from Cam telling me that she needs me.

Looks like I have to get up after all.

After getting dressed, I go downstairs and check what the chef has made for us this morning. I find some yogurt and fruit in the fridge and another bowl of granola on the island. I smile. This was made just for me.

If Adam was here, he would made me eat a lot more. It's good that he isn't and speaking of, I saw a text from him when I came out of the shower.

Adam💍: Missing you.

My heart flutters. Awww.

Me: I miss you too🥺🥺🥺❤️❤️❤️❤️

His reply is instantaneous.

Adam💍: Should I send Wesley to come pick you up?

Me: I'm helping Camilla with her project. She'll kill me if I don't go🙄

Me: And I know you're busy. I'll see you when you come home in 3 hours, right?

Adam💍: Yeah.

Me: Can't wait❤️

I pick my car keys, hoping that Adam is not upset that I won't be able to go over to his office. I mean, he's doing what I want him to, opening up and telling me he missed me. I miss him too a lot and I can't wait to see him later.

****

When I arrive at Hardwood, I see Nicole's Tesla in my parking space and I scoff. Such a theif! I claimed this parking spot since Freshmen year because it's the best and everyone knows better than to park here. Well, except for little Miss Taylor.

I find them in the restaurant. Nicole, Emily, Camilla, Jas, Mia, Val, Bobby, Tyler and Liam.

"Oh! Look who finally decides to show up. It's the missus." Tyler rolls his eyes as he sees me.

"Hey, Tyler. In high spirits today, I see." I smile, sarcastically.

Liam is standing so I hug him first. "What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"Brian and I are trying to register back."

"The three of us are going to be in the same class. That's going to be so fun." Emily smiles.

"Oh my God, that's true. Maybe we'll get partnered again." I joke, taking a seat next to Val.

On the table, there's salad, sushi, chicken soup and some bread. There's also a light brown medium Le Chiquito, a black Dior saddle, a black Gucci padlock and a green Bottega Venetta Cassette.

It's funny that I can tell who owns each of the bags because there all so different and represent individual personality. Like, the saddle bag screams Emily while the light brown Jacquemus is all Nicole.

Mia definitely didn't bring a bag while Cam has her small Birkin on her lap as she goes through her phone so I'm sure the Gucci belongs to Val and the Bottega Venetta is for Jasmine.

I mentally give myself a tap on the back and put down my Chanel Diamond Forever classic. It's a limited edition, only thirteen pieces available in the world.

Cam looks at it. "Is this-"

"Yes." I answer.

"When?"

"A long time ago but I've never used it. Juliet brought it out while we were sorting out my outfits for this week." I shrug.

"What are you guys talking about?"

"Amelia's two hundred and sixty thousand dollar bag." Valerie tells him.

"Show off." Tyler mutters, rolling his eyes.

"Shut up." Cam snaps at him then looks at me. "Thanks for coming, by the way."

I give her the finger.

We eat while discussing our plans for the summer. Everyone is graduating except Emily, Liam, Brian and I so they're all heading in different directions. Jasmine wants to do her internship program at this major law firm in DC and Camilla wants to go to New York for a masters program in Fashion Marketing.

We fall out of topic and just start talking about life, upcoming events that we have, career choices, celebrity gossip and just a bunch of stuff. Liam excuses himself when he gets a phone call and when he comes back, he looks at me. "That was Adam."

I raise my eyebrows.

"When you're done, he wants me to take you and the girls to do whatever you want. On the house." He smiles.

Nicole squeals. "Really?"

"Oh my God! Did someone say shopping?" Camilla asks.

"Actually, there's this restaurant that opened on Leafield. It's owned by some Michelin star chef. Let's go there." Mia suggests.

I look away from her and back to Liam.

"It's up to you." He shrugs.

"I thought him and I are meeting at home after I'm done." I speak because I'm really anxious to be done with Camilla so that I can go back home to Adam but now it's seems that he doesn't want me there. Is he still mad at me for breaking up with him?

Did he suddenly decide that that's what's better for us?

"He said he doesn't want you there till seven." Liam explains.

"Why?"

"I don't know. He's got a surprise for you or something."

My face heats up. "Oh."

"You know, you can be really dumb, sometimes." Emily comments.

****

"Amelia, these just came for you." I hear Camilla's assistant say from behind. I'm wrapped in a white fabric that Cam is trying to make a dress out of.

I turn around and I see Liv holding a beautiful bouquet of white tulips and lavenders.

"Oh my God." I breathe.

"Thanks, Liv." I take them from her and check Adam's sleek, Black Industries card.

Can't wait to see you tonight.

That's what is written in his very elegant cursive handwriting.

"Men don't even send flowers nowadays. He's so good to you." Cam comments with a smile.

"I know." I blush then text him a thank you.

"I saw the photos, you guys looked great."

"What photos?"

"You and your husband's. They're on every news outlet." She explains.

I check Instagram and Twitter and it's true. A couple of magazines have posted polaroids of us from Adam's launch party. Since the event was vintage themed, all the photos taken were polaroids and the magazine posted one of us kissing under the spotlight.

Black Industries CEO, Adam Black spotted showing some PDA for the first time with his wife, supermodel Amelia Black.

And there's a few more posts with even old photos. Why are they being released now?

The good thing is they all look great.

After we were done, the girls finally suggested that since I'm going back home to Adam, we should go and get our hair and nails done then we went swimming and spa at Adam's hotel.

****

Amelia's outfit

Adam opens the door for me when I get home and I instantly wrap my arms around him.

"Baby." He hugs me back.

"I missed you so much." I say in to his chest and he kisses my hair in response then comments, "You're hair looks lovely."

"Thanks." I blush, pulling back to look at him, "and thank you for today. The girls and I had a really great time."

"That's good." He says, bending down to kiss my lips then he takes a look at me. "You look stunning."

"You look hot." I tell him.

He's wearing a very dark grey sweater with dark brown pants and he smells so good, freshly showered and the way he looks at me! Fuck! Those eyes.

He stares at me deep then finally speaks. "Close your eyes." It's a very soft command.

"Uhm, why?"

"I want to show you something."

"I'm nervous." I tell him but close them anyway.

"Don't peak." He says and starts leading me somewhere with his hands.

We keep walking and my heart is beating so fast. What has he got planned?

"Careful with your steps." He speaks and just then I feel the warm breeze hitting me so I guess we're at the pool area.

"You can open your eyes now."

There's a beautiful set up. There's a blanket on the floor with different sizes of pillows and there's candles, flowers, a food board, some cocktails, I think. It's so gorgeous.

"Oh my God. This is so sweet, Adam." I look at him. "When did you do all this?"

"I didn't. I had help."

"Who? Ned?"

"Julianna."

"Wow! She did a great job."

"That's what I pay her to do." He states, simply then grabbing my hand for us to take a seat.

I take a few photos of the set up with my phone then grab a chocolate dipped strawberry. "Mmm." I moan, closing my eyes. "This is so good."

Adam watches me, amused, "I've never had those before but I saw that they are very romantic. Now, I see why."

I chuckle out loud then take one to his lips. "It's really delicious."

He holds my hand and takes a bite.

"So how was your day? What'd you?"

"Besides thinking about you, you mean?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Ahh, smooth." I laugh.

"I couldn't get you out of my mind. It was like you were with me the whole time. It was very weird." He says on a more serious note and his expression is so blank that I can't tell if it's a bad or good thing to him.

"Weird in a bad way?"

"Definitely good. I had something to look forward to and it was delightful."

"I also couldn't get you out of my head too."

"Really? Even when you were at the spa?"

"Especially then." I tell him and a comfortable silence follows.

"Emily is pregnant." I blurt and man, it feels good to say it.

"Oh?"

"Uhun! And she found out more than three weeks ago and she still hasn't told Colton. I mean, she's got to start showing at some point, right?"

"I guess." He agrees but I can tell that he's confused by the topic.

"I'm just mad that she's not involving anyone. She won't let me even go to the doctors with her." I complain.

"Why don't you try to talk to her? She's probably terrified and doesn't know how to deal with the situation so she would just rather avoid it."

"Yeah, I didn't think of it that way."

He takes my hands and kisses them. "It's going to be okay."

"There's just a lot going on right now."

I tell him that the group haven't all been together at once because we all have different schedules and now, some of them want to move after graduation which sucks and basically everything that's going on with me right now.

As usual, Adam just listens, nodding a few times so I sigh. "I'm blabbing, I'm sorry." I speak and he frowns. "Tell me what you did today."

"Actually, I rather you do the talking. I like listening to you."

I tear my croissant. "Not today. Spill up."

"Amelia-"

"Pleaseee. It doesn't have to be about work. Like, imagine people asking me what your favorite movie is? I'd look stupid if I don't know the answer."

"Why would anybody ask you that?"

"I don't know but they might." I pout.

"You're so precious, you know that?" He says amused.

I give him a shy smile then lightly kiss his lips, taking both of us by surprise. Since our first kiss, it's the first time that I made the first move.

His eyes darken. "More," he demands so I kiss him against and this time, he deepens the kiss, sucking my lip and he pushes me down on the pillows. He tastes like chocolate so it's sweet and hot. He pulls back, still leaning over me and staring into my eyes.

I raise my hand and stroke his eyebrow. "I'm so glad that I have you. I don't ever want to lose you."

"Ditto." He smiles softly then he sits up. "Good will hunting."

"Hmm?"

"That's my favorite movie." He says.

"Oh? I've never heard of it." I sit up and start fixing my ponytail.

"Really? It's old but still popular."

"What year?"

"Ninety-seven, I think."

"The year I was born." I grin.

"That's right."

"How old were you then?" I ask him.

"Five."

"That's right."

He narrows his eyes. "Did you not know?"

"I do! I just get confused sometimes. Brian once told me that you were three years older than me and when I google, it says something different but my mum told me your real age."

"Yeah?"

I've never been with someone that's more than a year older than I am. Liam was was just four months older and it's was usually like that for me, a couple of months or a year older.

"Did you see the photos that were released this morning?"

He nods.

"You don't mind?"

He cocks his head to the side. "Why would I?"

"I don't know."

"I approved the release, Amelia." He adds.

"What? Why?"

"I want everyone to know you're mine." He says simply. "I know they've been some rumors and doubts on our marriage. I want to clear that."

"At least the photos looked good." I chuckle.

"You make me look good." He winks.

I roll my eyes, playfully. "I'm pretty sure it's the other way around."

"I don't think so." He says as I move closer to lean in to him. He puts his arm around me, my back pressed to his chest.

"I have something for you." He says, stroking my stomach.

"What?"

He reaches for a Tiffany & Co box and hands it to me. "Open it."

I do and there's a beautiful diamond wristwatch. It has slim white gold strap and a diamond bezel, making in it sparkle.

"Adam, it's so beautiful but you shouldn't have. You already got me a Patek Philippe."

"Turn it around." He whispers.

There's an engraved number on the back, a date I think.

"July eighteenth, two thousand and two." I say out loud.

He nods.

"I don't understand. What does this mean?"

"It's the first day we met." He answers.

When we were kids!

"Awwn, Adam." My eyes watering.

"You asked when or for how long did I start having feelings for you."

I look back at him, my eyes watering. What?

"This is my answer."

My tears fall.

His eyes widen. "Oh no, Amelia, please don't cry."

"I don't.....I don't know what to say." It's unbelievable. For him to say that and the thought of this gift. What did I do to deserve him? And to think that, he doesn't even consider himself a prize.

"You don't like it?" He mutters.

"I love it. Thank you so much. I don't know how to top this or what to give you, even. This is so thoughtful and it means so much."

The first day. Oh my goodness.

He frowns. "You don't have to give anything. You being me with is more than I can ask for."

"Not true." I tell him then wipe my tears.

"There she is." He says when I finish

"You're so romantic." I love that. I love him so much.

"Am I?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Mm hm."

"Okay but don't tell anyone." He smiles.

"Okay." I whisper and continue eating the strawberries.

"You haven't eaten anything since morning, have you?"

"No." I whisper, suddenly feeling guilty.

"You didn't eat anything while you were out?"

"The girls did but I don't like the restaurant they ordered from." I answer and he shakes his head in disapproval.

Our night ended with me in his lap, admiring his facial features then I teased him for having a newspaper but then read it to him.

****

When we go back upstairs, I go into my room and call Emily.

"Hey."

"Hi, what's up?"

"I just called to apologize. I know I've been pressuring you to tell Colton. I haven't even considered how you feel about the situation."

"Amelia, it's so hard and I'm scared. My parents are going to disown me."

"Your parents love you."

"They do but you know how they are."

"And Colton, he has so many plans for his future. He doesn't want to be a dad."

"Well, it takes to tango, Em. You didn't make this baby by yourself and I know Colton is understanding enough to know that."

She sighs out load. "I'm not sure."

"Look no matter what happens, I'm here for you. I love you like my sister and I always will."

"I love you too, Amelia and thank you."

"Any fucking time, bitch." I promise, making her laugh.

I smile then end the call.

I spend about thirty minutes, clearing my room. It's a mess because of finals and I haven't really spent much time here lately and I don't want anyone coming in because I'm kind of embarrassed. I'm usually not this messy.

Adam comes in with a frown. "What's taking you so long?"

"I was clearing up."

He takes a seat. "Are you changing?"

"Yeah, I can't sleep in this and I have take my makeup off."

"Hurry." He says and I roll my eyes.

Just as I'm about to go into my closet, my phone rings. It's Nicole so I answer it.

"Amelia!" She says with panic in her voice.

"What's wrong?"

"Emily just texted, saying she needed us to go over to her house."

Oh no.

"Is everything okay?" I ask

"I don't know." She cried.

"Okay, I'm on my way." I look at Adam.

"I'll drive." He says.

****

Hey! I hope you enjoyed it.

Are you happy with the progress of Adam and Amelia's relationship?

What do you think of his gift?

And what's going on with Emily?

I'm so excited for the next chapter. It's Adam and Amelia's official first date!

Most of you guys on Instagram want him to take her to Paris and some want it simple. We'll see😉

Please vote, comment and share.

All the love❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Reality By Nicole

General Fiction

110K 6.1K 32
SEQUEL TO EXPECTATIONS! It is highly recommended to read the first book before starting this one. - - - - - - It's a funny thing, expectation versus...
63.8K 3.1K 56
Indelible Series Book #1 #28 [laughter] in 4.4k stories [11/11/20] #3 [badass female] (24/01/21) A carrier oriented middle class girl Ayat Seth was p...
295K 13.1K 52
This is the sequel of the story, "Slave of a Billionaire". This story is about the life of Ronnie's and Caitlin's daughter Susan. Susan is in college...
100 0 8
[ON HOLD] Amelia Claire, an independent soul, left her parent's home in Florida for New York, driven by the singular goal of securing a well-paying j...