Dark Of The Souls (Gear Heart...

By DrixCaster

LOVERS TURNED ENEMIES The Magic Council is back and Two becomes the new wizard King. But everything isn't bac... More

Gear Hearts Book 4: Dark Of The Souls Intro
Prologue
Chapter 1: New House
Chapter 2: Ghosts
Chapter 4: Demonology Quiz
Chapter 5: Ms. Hallow
Chapter 6: The Vampire's Liar
Chapter 7: You Can't Change
Chapter 8: Tine vs. Pete
Chapter 9: Not For The Faint Of Hearts
Chapter 10: Merry Christmas
Chapter 11: Mission
Bonus Chapter : Character Profiles
Chapter 12: Son Of Abbadon
Chapter 13: Ravika Black Market
Chapter 14: Controlled
Chapter 15: Heart's Misery
Chapter 16: Unlikely Alliance
Chapter 17: The Devil's Hour
Chapter 18: Phuket's Old Town
Chapter 19: Dark Kongpob
Chapter 20: Catacomb Bar
Chapter 21: Kiss of Shadows
Chapter 22: Power
Chapter 23: Savage Heroes
Chapter 24: Celestial Mirror
Chapter 25: Arthit vs. Trae
Chapter 26: And The Flames Burn
Chapter 27: Flowers and Sorrows
Chapter 28: Darkest Souls
Epilogue
AUTHOR'S NOTE/ TEASER FOR BOOK 5

Chapter 3: Hearing Thoughts

189 11 1
By DrixCaster

Pete POV

As I got downstairs, I proceed to the dining room. The TV was in front of the wooden table near to the brightly lit windows, connecting to the kitchen, and the living room. Third was in the kitchen making his cereal while Kao was eating strawberry oatmeal. "Is that supposed to be Arthit's?"
Kao looked up with a smile. "Good morning, honey."
"Don't honey me." I sat next to him. I gave him a brief kiss on his cheek.

"What should I call you? Babe? Darling?" Kao teased. He scooped the oatmeal and I gave it a try. "Mmm. That's good." I said while chewing.

"Did you contact Sandee?" He pushed the bowl over to me, and went to the kitchen to get an extra spoon.
"Yeah. She texted me the spell."
Kao returned in the dining room, Third followed, holding a bowl of cereal on his chest. "What spell?" He asked.
Kao and I traded looks. "U-uh, it's for the quiz tomorrow."

"You have a quiz? You know that's illegal." Third sat across us. I wondered which was more illegal? Hearing thoughts for personal gain in a quiz or prying Tine's head.
There was no easy way to tell our plan. So, I pushed forward. "Well, it turns out that politics in second year is hard. They all have situational quizzes."

Kao's reaction to hearing my reasoning was similar to Third. They frowned. They were curious and shock at the same time.

"It's situational because if something unethical happens. The magic council acts." Third said.

"We can just get a little idea. That's all." Kao added.

"Pete, Kao. I don't know why you two are lying." Third narrowed his eyes at us. "But I know you wouldn't do anything impulsive unless it's important."

"I'm afraid that it is." I replied.

"Kong is taking the quiz tomorrow too." said Third. "Should you help him?"
Kao opened his mouth to speak, but he looked at me before he does. "Kong is smart. He got perfect in several tests. He doesn't need it."

"It's not what you think, Third." I nervously said.

Third grinned widely. "Oh, I think you two are planning to invade someone's thoughts."

Kong POV

Eventually, I woke up in my bed and found M was looking down at me. "how are you feeling?"

"I-I'm fine." I managed to say as I sat upright on my bed, leaning against the headboard. The details of the ghosts. Their faces. Irene. Arthit's parents were coming back in my mind. Then I looked beyond M. Khai and Arthit looming by the threshold. The sky outside was warm and yellow, indicating it was morning. The look on their faces said that what I've seen was real.

P'Arthit was growing impatient as seconds passed by, so he cleared his throat and M glanced back. He nodded and the two former mentors stepped forward.

"Kong." Khai began uncertainly. I could tell that as always Khai has no clue about this but his face told me otherwise he was concerned. P'Arthit took over. Khai and M went back to the hall, shutting the door silently.

"Kong, what happened last night?" P'Arthit asked."We only want to help you. Why the screaming? What you saw didn't exist in the plane of existence."

"They're ghosts." I swallowed hard. "I saw them, P', your parents, Irene, and the rest of those demons we've faced."

P'Arthit's reaction hearing my words made was pure shock and a little bit of grief was still there. He clenched his fists, knuckles turning white. I moved my hand over his. He barely noticed my touch.

"W-What do they look like, Kong? My mom?" He finally said although he was on the verge of crying.

"She still looks the same." I answered.

P'Arthit bit his lower lip and looked down on the floor. He took a deep breath to stay calm. "I miss them. I miss them every day." He whispered.

"But these are ghosts, P'" I said in a faltering voice. "They didn't look like they were before. They were like...under a spell."

"What do you mean?"

"Someone is doing this."

I waited, not sure what to expect. Would he think that I was crazy? I met his eyes. They were now serious. "I have to tell the others. Maybe they'll experience it too."

"P'" I caught his hand because the dread I was feeling was intense. My heart was pounding. "If I lose myself. I won't be able to help you." I said weakly.

"Hey." He sat down on the bed, cupping my cheek with one hand. "Are you sure you're okay? You are thinking about your brother again, aren't you?"

Tears had already fallen over my eyes. It proved that if my hearings of P'Trae's voice. The demons I've slayed in the past days, muttering that salvation is coming. I just wanted to have a life, to go on as it exactly had.

I could barely make words in my mouth. "Maybe I'm what's wrong. You're just doing it because it's your job. I'm the only one here who wants to live a normal life, I didn't expect that I will be brought back from the dead, and live as a tool! You keep wanting me to become a good person! But I'm not a good person!"

"Neither of us are good people," He said. I leaped from my bed, but he seized me again, pinned me against the wall using the full weight of his body to keep me from moving.

"Let me go!" I tried to fight him, shoving my fists on his chest but it was futile. "Let me go..."
We fell to the floor. P'Arthit wrapped his arms around me.
"Your brother isn't here." He searched for my eyes. "If he is gonna get you, he's going through me first. You're strong."

"No." I could hear my voice cracking. "It's going to happen."
"No." It was his turn to say. "It won't happen. You're strong. You'll fight it. It's gonna be a long journey before we are done with this Hellgod problem. But I know you well enough that you will get through with this. I will be with you until you do. So, I can't leave you, Kong." He promised as he enclosed his hands with mine. "I won't."

Kao POV

Monday morning came, After we ate breakfast yesterday, we headed to a magic shop nearby, and bought two blue candles to perform the spell. Once we went back home, we headed to Pete's room, putting two blue candles in the closet.

Pete had been reading the text many times for over thirty minutes. "Witches." He sighed as he turned to me. "They memorize this stuff?"

"Sandee's your friend. You should know that she's doing this kind of stuff." I said. The candles stood on both sides of the table.
"Look, I told you that I didn't. But I don't need to elaborate on what she was muttering." Pete lit up the candle with his lighter.

We closed our eyes and mutter a few words that were written in the text. "...open locked minds to my ears. Bring innermost voices into speech."

When we opened our eyes back, the candlelight was gone. Hey, Kao is so hot right now. I can't even...
"You're itching again?" I interrupted.
"I didn't say that, Kao." Pete eyed me.
Well, we both have hot feelings with each other. I thought.
"Hey, I heard that!" Pete exclaimed.
"This can be very-seriously dangerous."

Somebody was knocking on the door, and we jumped out of the bed. Pete swung the door open, revealing Khai in his white uniform. Stay calm. Tine is just a wizard. Just get along with him. Get-

"Having problems with him too?" I accidentally said.
"What?" Khai stared at me.
"Uh, we're just being suspicious around your cousin." said Pete.
"Why is it there are two candles on the table?" Khai asked curiously.
"Nothing. We just..."
"We failed performing a love spell." Pete finished.
"Right, and we think that our relationship will go down the hill because of my tutoring with other freshmen." I lightly put the candles at Pete's nightstand.
"You did it?" said Khai, impressed.

"It failed, but we'll try again."Pete told him.
Hello, paranoia isn't good for you two. Khai said in his mind.
"We are not!" Pete protested.
"Well, if you are going to perform a love spell. Have sex while those candles are lit. Then you will have a long-lasting and eternal love." Khai brightly said.
I blushed. Oh God.
Khai knew something. This spell, don't tell him. Pete looked at me.

Should we revert it? I suggested.
No. Not until we are 1000 percent sure that Tine is the bad guy. said Pete.
When I glanced back at Khai, he was bouncing his gaze back and forth. "Are you two okay?"
"So, how's Tine?" I changed the topic immediately.

"He managed the club yesterday, paid the right amount of money. Boy, he is so rich. I'm going to be his very first friend here." said Khai. "I'll deal with him, tell you everything later."

When he went down the hall, Pete turned around. Great, now he's wanna be friends with a vamp lover.

Yeah, next time don't be jealous about my students. I smiled wickedly.

I hear that you know. Pete glared.

A teasing smile spread on my lips. I love you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 67.8K 30
Don't show fear. Don't attract attention. Don't forget who the monsters are. Those are seventeen-year-old Janneke's three rules to surviving in the P...
38.3K 2.8K 55
Sarawat was tricked into immortality with the promise of saving his soulmate, Namcha. As Sarawat turned, Namcha was brutally murdered in front of his...
82.1K 6.4K 37
Two neighboring clans. A raging war. Amidst the threat of defeat, the matriarch proposes a truce by marrying her daughter to the enemy clan. However...
4.2K 673 47
The gates of Hell have been opened, and now the Beasts spill forth. THE REINCARNTED SOUL Ira Rule can't stop dying. It's not his fault. All mortals d...