Just Me and You

By soccerfanatic2

There's a new girl in town - yet she isn't a soccer player. At least not anymore. Her name is Alexis, but eve... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 2

4.5K 89 2
By soccerfanatic2

Lexi's POV

My alarm goes off at 5:15am, but I'm already wide awake. I barely slept last night, nervous for my first day of work today. Don't get me wrong, I've worked here before as a travel nurse. I know the people, how the hospital works, and I'm very comfortable here... but as my first official day I'm nervous.

Slowly slipping out of bed, I make my way to the kitchen. I peek into Pia's room on my way to make sure she's still asleep and then head straight for the coffee machine. Pouring myself a cup, I then make eggs and a bagel before sitting down with a sigh.

Scrolling through my phone for a little while, I answer the couple text messages I have before landing on Kristie's.

Kristie Mewis: have a great day at work tomorrow, it's gonna go great. Text me when you can, can't wait to see you next ☺️

I've only known her for two weeks, but my heart skips a beat every time I see her. I have never specified my sexuality, simply because I don't have to. But being around her makes me speechless. She is beautiful, authentic and so down to earth. We've spent a little bit of time together here and there, but I definitely feel a connection... and I hope she does too.

As I finish eating, I make my way into my bathroom. Washing my face and brushing my teeth, I throw my hair in a bun and start on my makeup. Playing music softly, I hum along while dancing a little.

Soon the door slowly creeps open and Tucker comes trotting in sitting at my feet.

"Hi buddy," I say kneeling down to pet him. "Why're you awake? Pia isn't up yet."

Pia and Tucker are attached at the hip, he doesn't leave her side - especially at night.

Before long, Pia peers her head into my bathroom, my tshirt she is wearing dragging on the ground.

"Baby why are you awake? It's so early."

She comes and wraps her arms around my waist and I pick her up wrapping her around me. I sway a little, singing softly in her ear before setting her on the counter in front of me.

Letting go of her, I continue my makeup while she wraps her arms around my waist and rests her head in my stomach.

"What's on your mind my little love?"

"Do you have to go to work mommy? I want to spend the day with you."

"Baby you know I have to, and you're going to have so much fun with Ella today! She said you're going to the park and swimming!"

"I'm excited to play with Ella but I want you to be there too."

Placing my mascara down on the counter, I give her a kiss on the forehead before looking in her eyes.

"I would love to spend the day with you, but unfortunately work is calling. You're going to have the BEST day and I'll be home for movie and bed time before you know it."

"Okay." She gives me a small smile before yawning.

"Why don't you and Tucker go lay in my bed. I'll say goodbye before I leave alright?"

"Will you tuck me in?"

"Sure."

Picking her up and setting her on my hip, Tucker is at my heels as I walk into my bedroom. Setting her down on my bed I wrap the covers around her. Kissing all over her face like crazy, her giggle puts a smile on my face and I give her one of my own.

"Go to sleep little P, I love you."

"I love you mommy."

I sit there for some time trying to get Pia back to sleep, but once the clock hits 6 I know I need to get moving. Ella will be here in 15 minutes and I haven't even packed my bag or a lunch.

Grabbing my scrubs I run into the bathroom to quickly change before heading to the kitchen. Packing my bag for the day, I then get my lunch together. Before I know it, the doorbell rings.

Running toward the door, I swing it open without even looking.

"Oh my gosh, hi!! How have you been!"

Pulling Ella into a hug, I sink into her warm embrace. Ella has become like a sister figure to me, in more ways than one. We got along so well when I was here in Houston a couple of months ago and she's one person I can truly count on.

"I've been great! So happy to be back with you guys. Where's the little peanut, I've missed her!"

"She's asleep in my room, she's really sad that I'm leaving her. But I'm sure once she wakes up she'll be perfectly fine."

"I wish we had time to catch up! When I was on the phone with Pia the other day she told me about a certain neighbor and I'd love to hear about her."

Knowing she's talking about Kristie, I freeze in my tracks. Turning around slowly, my eyes go wide and my face gets red.

"What're you talking about?"

"I knew it! Shea Groom is my neighbor, she's friends with Kristie and on her team for Houston. She told me Kristie has been head over heels for some girl and when Pia told me about Kristie I knew it had to be her."

"What? She like me? You can't leave me hangi-"

"Ah, no. You have work to get to. We can talk later, I'll stay for movie night."

Rolling my eyes with my cheeks bright red, I finish my lunch and pour the rest of the coffee i made this morning into my cup before grabbing my bag.

"I just have to go say bye to Pia, then I'll be off."

Placing my bags and coffee by the door, I walk down the hall to my bedroom before stepping inside. Sitting on the edge of the bed I move the few stray hairs out of Pia's face before kissing her forehead.

"I love you little P," I say just above a whisper. Her eyes flutter open and she softly smiles.

"Bye mommy. I'll see you for movie night."

"Of course, have a great day with Ella."

Standing up and walking toward the door I'm just about to leave when I hear Pia speak.

"Do you think Kristie would want to come to movie night?"

I freeze in my tracks and my face gets bright red.

"I can ask her alright?"

Not hearing an answer, I close the door softly and head towards the kitchen.

"I'll see you later Ella, thanks!"

Locking the door behind me, I'm looking down at my phone to check the time when I suddenly collide with someone and my coffee spills all down their shirt.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention! Your phone dropped, let me grab it for you."

Bending down to pick it up I stand back up and am face to face with Kristie, who is wearing a smile.

"I-uh.... hi. I'm sorry," my face instantly turns bright red, almost as red as her shirt.

"It's alright Lex, really."

"If I wasn't running late I'd offer to buy a new one. But maybe I could buy you dinner instead this week?"

She blushes a little before smiling at me.

"Is this a date Sanders?"

Taking a step closer toward her, I give her hand a squeeze and look into her eyes.

"If you'd like it to be."

"I'd love too. How about Friday night?"

"I'm off work, it sounds perfect. I'll pick you up at 6."

"Great now get your butt moving, you can't be late on your first day," she gives my hand one last squeeze before we part ways.

"Oh wait! Kristie," turning around I catch her right before she heads into her apartment. "It's movie night tonight, Pia was wondering if you'd like to come. I thought I'd extend the offer. 7:30."

"I'll be there," she says before stepping inside.

Standing there for a second, I sigh and smile.

I'm going on a date this week.

—————————

"Bye Leah, see you tomorrow morning. I hope the night runs smoothly for you!"

Giving her a quick wave, I grab all my things and look at the time as I clock out.

7:33pm

Not too bad, I think to myself. I'll be home by 7:50.

Walking toward my car I send Ella a quick text that I'm on my way home and tell her that she has to be nice if Kristie is already there. Locking the car once I'm safely inside, I exit the parking garage and make the quick drive home. Playing some music, I start to get a little nervous as I pull into the parking lot of the apartment complex.

#1 - I'm about to hang out with Kristie

#2 - Ella is definitely going to leave once Pia falls asleep so Kristie and I can be alone

#3 - this girl makes me heart pound just being in her presence

As my thoughts swirl, I've made my way up to our floor and I'm standing in front of my apartment door with the keys in hand. Pushing it open I set my stuff down before looking into the living room. Kristie is sat on the couch with Pia, and Ella is in the chair.

"Hey! Sorry I'm a little late!"

"Mommy!!!! You made it finally! We can start the movie!"

She jumps into my arms and wraps her body around me and I spin us in a circle.

"I missed you little P! You can tell me all about your day while I heat up my dinner. How does that sound?"

Setting her on the counter, I heat up the leftovers from Ella and Pia's dinner while she uses her hands to tell me all about her day. Her energy always makes me smile. Out of the corner of my eye I see Ella trying to strike up a conversation with Kristie, but she is always glancing toward me. When we finally make eye contact, she looks away and blushes.

".....and then Ben came up for dinner and he played the wii with me! And now you're home and we're gonna watch The Bee Movie!!"

"Wow. You had a fantastic day didn't you?"

"Yeah I did, but I missed you."

"I missed you more."

"Can we watch the move now?"

"Sure."

Walking into the living room, I sit down on the couch and give Kristie a soft smile while Pia starts the movie. She then crawls up on the couch and cuddles with Kristie.

"If she's annoying you, you can move her. She doesn't know personal space."

"She's okay, I promise," she says as she gives me a wink.

My face goes red and I can see Ella laughing in the chair in front of me. Once I know Kristie isn't looking, I give Ella the middle finger before eating my dinner.

Halfway through the movie, Pia is fast asleep all snuggled into Kristie, and Ella stands up.

"I'm going to get going. Ben just got home from golf night and is asking where I am."

I stand up to give her a hug before she gives Pia a kiss on the forehead and heads toward the door.

"See you tomorrow morning, bright and early."

"Bye Ella."

Looking back toward Kristie, I see her looking down at Pia with a small smile, running her fingers through her hair.

"She really likes you you know, she's always asking about you."

"Well she definitely has me wrapped around her finger that's for sure."

"I'm just gonna carry her to bed, you're welcome to stay if you want."

"No that's okay, I'll take her."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, seriously. What room is hers?"

Walking down the hall with Kristie behind me, I show her towards Pia's room before making the way to mine. Changing quickly, I throw my scrubs in the dirty laundry and pull on some pajamas. Just as I'm throwing my shirt over my head the door opens.

"Oh gosh, I'm sorry! I was just trying to find you, you disappeared."

As I turn around her hand is ever her eyes and her cheeks grow red.

"It's okay Kris, really. I should've told you. You can open your eyes now," I chuckle softly and make my way toward her.

"I know you have to be up early but I want to hear about your day. First day on the job it had to have been exciting," she gives my hand a squeeze and I smile up at her.

"Sure, let's go sit."

Sitting down in front of her, I curl my legs up under me and tell her all about my day. The ups and downs, the good and the bad and she never falters with her smile. In the end we just sit there staring for a second before she breaks the silence.

"You're cute you know that?"

"Stop it," I give her shoulder a small shove before letting out a nervous laugh.

"I'm serious, you're gorgeous."

"Well thank you, the same goes to you. Beautiful."

"I'm gonna get going, I'll let you get some sleep. But I'll see you Friday?"

"It's a date, make sure you dress nice."

As she stands up to leave, she gives me a kiss on the cheek before exiting the apartment with a small wave.

"Wow, she's so prefect."

———————————

Please leave feedback! I hope you like it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 9.3K 70
Lexi is the new girl at school but what will happen when she hangs out with Sim and then likes her
315K 6.2K 89
@tobinheath started following you @tobinheath- i keep trying to come up with something smooth to say, but all i can think of is 'wow' • using @santa...
290 8 13
It started with two strangers a text message & now being best friends; what could this mean ?♥️ Do you ever feel if a best friend... could be your lo...
102K 2.5K 37
When a teacher starts at a new school she is devoted to help her students. She's the caring type but still lives a partying life. Helping one of her...