Beyond The Lamppost

By ineffable_narnia

Just A book of Narnia one shots!!! I hope you all enjoy these and I hope they can maybe help you to see Narni... More

He Missed his Father
I'll be
Four Extrodinary Kids from England
Like an Ocean
I promise
Write The Future
You Lowered Your Sword
You Don't Have to Face the World Alone
Together Forever
The Best Big Brother Ever
Because I Love You
All I Care About
Everything Was Right in the World
I Forgive You For Everything
I Will Always Forgive You
Always The Youngest
Goodbye is Not Forever
Just
Goodbye
I Can Only Imagine
Lost Without You - Part 1
Lost Without You - Part 2
Lost Without You - Part 3
Peter Would Want You to Have it
To Love At All is to be Vulnerable
The Best Gift I've Ever Recieved
The First Christmas in Narnia
Happy Birthday Ed
Too Good of a Big Brother
For Narnia and For Aslan
Brothers Forever
A Wild Imagination
Love and Sacrifice
Random Prompts Game
Random Prompts Game Part 2
That's What Friends Are For
Home
I Wouldn't Want it Any Other Way
Stay Gold
Random Prompts Game Part 3
Incredibly Grateful
Random Prompts Game Part 4
Now My Eyes Leak Acid Rain
How Rare and Beautiful it is to Even Exist
Random Prompts Game Part 5
Random Promps Game - Part 6
The Most Difficult Thing I've Ever had to do
Until His Dying Breath
Turned into Your Worst Fears
Longing For Love
Lucy Had Nothing
Random Prompts Game - Part 7
The World Hated Me First
Home
Random Prompts Game - Part 8
Random Prompts Part 10

The Best Christmas

267 10 10
By ineffable_narnia

(Kind of a part 2 to the last one, but it could be read separately ☺️)

"Peter, Peter wake up it's Christmas morning!!!"

Peter groaned as he rolled over, opening his eyes to blearily see Lucy jumping on his bed and shaking him. This was something she always did on Christmas morning. Which he wouldn't mind, if it hadn't been so early. Peter was sure the sun wasn't even up yet.

"Peter! Come on, get up! It's Christmas!" Lucy shouted, continuing to jump on his bed.

"Alright." Peter groaned, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. "I'm awake."

Lucy smiled widely at him before wrapping her arms around his neck. "Merry Christmas, Peter." She said happily.

Peter smiled and returned the hug. "Merry Christmas Lucy." He said.

Lucy looked over to Edmund's bed when the two pulled apart, shocked to see that all the noise hadn't woken him up. "How is Edmund still asleep?"

Peter chuckled. "He's a really heavy sleeper, Lu. Why don't you go wake Susan and mum? I'll wake Ed."

"Okay!" Lucy said excitedly, before practically running from the room to wake up her sister and mum.

Peter smiled as he watched her go, shaking his head slightly. He sighed before walking over to his brother's bed, sitting on the edge.

"Ed." He said, shaking his brother. "Edmund, wake up."

It took Peter a few minutes, but eventually he managed to wake Edmund up. He groaned, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"Peter?" He asked, sleepily.

His brother smiled at him. "Merry Christmas, Ed."

Edmund's eyes went wide. "It's Christmas!" He said excitedly, a smile gracing his lips.

Peter chuckled. "Yeah, it's Christmas morning."

"Well come on Peter! Let's get downstairs!" Edmund said, standing up.
"I want to see what I got!"

Peter laughed. "I'm coming, I'm coming." He said, following his brother to the door and into the hallway.

"Edmund!"

Edmund looked up when he heard his name, less than a second later he found himself wrapped tightly in one of Lucy's famous hugs. Normally, he would just push her away, Edmund hated hugs. But, it was Christmas after all. And after his talk with Peter yesterday, and getting his Christmas Eve present, Edmund decided he would enjoy himself as much as possible. Even if his dad wasn't there.

So, Edmund wrapped his arms tightly around Lucy, "Merry Christmas, Lu." He said, smiling.

Lucy beamed up at him. "Merry Christmas, Ed!" She said happily, before pulling away a moment later.

Susan and Helen then came out of their rooms. "Come on guys! Let's go downstairs!" Lucy said, pulling her mother down the stairs with her. Susan smiled as she followed them.

"Coming, Ed?" Peter said, noticing Edmund was just standing there.

"Yeah." Edmund said quickly, he went to go downstairs when he realized something. "Oh, I forgot my robe. I'll go get it, and meet you downstairs."

"You sure?" Peter said. "I can wait..."

"No thanks. It's fine." Edmund said, smiling slightly.

Peter nodded slowly, returning the small smile, before heading downstairs.

Edmund sighed as he walked into his room and grabbed his robe, before putting it on. He was about to go downstairs when something caught his eye.

He slowly walked over to his nightstand, picking up the photo album Peter had given him the night before. He smiled as he looked at the picture of him and his dad. He forced back his tears, he missed his dad so much. But, Edmund was determined to have a great Christmas.

So, he quickly wiped at his eyes, taking a deep breath before looking down at the picture in his hands.

"Merry Christmas dad."

♕ ♕ ♕

Edmund did have a great Christmas, everyone did actually. They all got loads of presents. Edmund got a bunch of new books, and Turkish Delight, his favorite food.

"Thanks Mum." Peter said, when they had all finished opening their presents.

"Yeah, thank you, mummy!" Lucy said excitedly, running over to her mum and hugging her tightly.

Helen smiled, laughing slightly. "You're welcome dears." She said. "Actually, I do have one more thing for each of you. Let me just go get them." She stood before leaving the room.

"What do you think she has?" Susan asked.

"I have no idea." Peter said, chuckling slightly.

"Okay." Helen said a moment later as she walked in. She was holding four envelopes, and gave one to each of her children.

"What's this?" Peter asked, taking the letter from his mum, seeing his name on the front.

Helen smiled as she finished giving out the letters. "They're letters. From your father, to each of you."

Edmund's eyes went wide, "dad wrote us letters?"

His mother smiled. "He did. He thought, since he couldn't be here on Christmas, he would do the next best thing, and write you all letters."

Edmund stared at his mother, eyes wide, before looking at the envelope in his hand.  He ran his fingers over his name, smiling. He had been hoping for something like this when he found out his dad wouldn't be home for Christmas. But he never thought it would actually happen. Edmund's smile widened as he opened the letter and began to read.

Dear Edmund,

Merry Christmas son. I hope you've had a lovely Christmas so far, did you get everything you wanted? Lots of books I hope! I am very sorry I couldn't come home for Christmas this year. I wish I was able to, I want nothing more than to be with you, Peter, Susan, Lucy, and your mum. But as I'm sure your mother told you, the war is worse than we thought, and I was unable to come home. I miss you all so very much. I can't wait to see you all again soon. I think of you everyday. Ed, I know you must be having a hard time without me there for Christmas. I know there are a few traditions you and I have that won't be able to happen this year. I really do wish I was there so we could have our annual snowball fight, and we could eat all the Christmas cookies Susan makes. But, even though we can't do those things this year, I know you will still have an amazing Christmas. You still have your siblings and your mum there, I have no doubt you will all have the best time together. And who knows, maybe Peter will do those things with you? I know he loves Christmas cookies and a good snowball fight. But, next Christmas, you're going down in the snowball fight! I really do miss you, Ed. I'll see you soon, and give you a gigantic hug! I love you so much. Have a very, Merry, Christmas.

Love, Dad.

Edmund took a shaky breath as he finished reading, a single tear falling down his cheek. He closed his eyes and held the letter close to his chest. "Merry Christmas dad."

♕ ♕ ♕

A couple hours later, the Pevensies had eaten breakfast, and now the kids were all hanging out in the living room, while Helen cleaned up the kitchen.

Everyone was still in their pajamas, except for Susan, who had insisted on putting on the new dress she had gotten for Christmas.

Edmund was lying on his stomach, in the middle of the living room floor. His legs were in the air kicking back and forth, as he read one of his new books.

Susan wasn't far from him, she was putting on the new necklace and headband she had gotten to go with her dress.

Peter and Lucy sat across from their siblings, doing a puzzle Peter had gotten. Lucy was holding on tightly to her new teddy bear, as she helped Peter with the puzzle.

A few minutes later, the two finished the puzzle before putting it back in the box. Lucy crawled over to Peter and sat on his lap, he hugged her tightly.

Peter looked up, noticing that Edmund had nearly finished his book already. He also seemed to be so concentrated on reading, that he wouldn't notice anything happening around him. So Peter took this as a golden opportunity.

He looked at Lucy and smirked, before grabbing a pillow and throwing it at his brother.

Edmund gasped as the book fell from his hands, quickly looking up at his brother. "Hey!" He shouted.

Peter shrugged, "It slipped." He said innocently.

Edmund scoffed, rolling his eyes, before picking the pillow up and throwing it back at his brother.

But Peter ducked, and the pillow hit Lucy square in the face.

Edmund gasped, his eyes going wide as Lucy looked up at him, her lip quivering.

"Lucy, I'm so sorry! That was meant for Peter! I-"

"Gotcha!" Lucy suddenly said, laughing.

Edmund stared at his sister, eyes wide. "What?" He said quickly.

Lucy laughed. "It was a pillow, Edmund, it didn't even hurt!"

Peter suddenly burst out laughing, causing Edmund to glare at him.

"Lucy Pevensie." Edmund said, placing a bookmark in his book and sitting it aside, as he slowly stood up.

"You tricked me!" He said, putting his hands on his hips.

Lucy nodded her head, giggling.

"You know what people who trick me, get?" Edmund's asked.

Lucy shook her head.

"The tickle monster!" Edmund said, as he ran to where Lucy was still sitting on Peter's lap.

Lucy gasped, laughing as she jumped up, running from her brother, who was currently chasing her, with a smile on his face.

Peter laughed as he watched his younger siblings.

"Careful you two." Susan said, but she was still laughing.

After a couple of minutes Edmund eventually caught his little sister, pulling her to the ground as he began tickling her.

"Nooo!" Lucy cried, but she was still laughing uncontrollably.

A couple minutes later, Peter smirked at Susan, before slowly crawling over to his younger siblings. He quickly grabbed Edmund around the waist, and began to tickle him.

Edmund gasped as his brother grabbed him, trying his hardest not to laugh.

Lucy sat up, catching her breath from all the laughing she had just done. She began laughing again though as she saw Peter tickling Edmund, both of them laughing uncontrollably.

"Peter...stop!" Edmund cried between laughs, but Peter didn't listen, and just kept tickling his brother.

A moment later Susan walked over to her sister, whispering something in her ear. Once she'd finished, Lucy looked up at her excitedly, nodding her head.

Susan smiled at her, holding up her hand, with three fingers up. Then she mouthed, "3...2...1...GO!"

And Susan grabbed Peter, and Lucy grabbed Edmund, and the two began to tickle their brothers.

Peter gasped, his eyes going wide, a look of confusion on his face when he realized it was Susan who was tickling him.

Edmund screamed slightly when Lucy stared to tickle him. "Lu...cyyy!" He shouted, between his laughs.

A couple minutes later, Peter and Edmund realized there was only one way to get them to stop. Even though Edmund hated to do this, he reluctantly agreed. Seeming as it was the only option.

"Alright alright." Peter finally said, putting his hands up. "We surrender."

"Do you surrender, Ed?" Lucy asked.

Edmund hesitantly nodded. "Y...yes." He said, trying to catch his breath.

Susan and Lucy laughed as they got off of their brothers, who finally sat up, soon enough catching their breath.

"That was so fun!" Lucy said happily, jumping on Edmund's lap.

Edmund laughed, putting his arms around her. "Exhausting, is more like it." He said.

The other three laughed.

"Well," Helen said from the doorway, "it looks like you kids are having a good Christmas." She had heard all the shouting and came in to see what was going on. She was relived to see that the children were just playing with each other.

Edmund smiled, looking at his siblings, before making eye contact with Lucy. "No. A great Christmas."

Lucy beamed at him, wrapping her arms around his neck, and resting her head on his chest. Edmund smiled and kissed the top of her head.

Peter smiled, wrapping his arm around Edmund and Lucy, and pulling Susan close with the other. She smiled, laying her head on his shoulder.

Helen smiled, happy that her children could still have a great Christmas, even without their father there. She then took a photograph of them, just sitting there in each other's arms, looking happy.

Little did they know, that, as she stood there watching them, she had taken loads of pictures. She wanted to send them all to her husband. Since he couldn't be there on Christmas, she wanted him to be able see as many moments of the day as possible. So she took photographs of practically everything that happened that day.

"Okay, kids," Helen said as she picked up her camera again. "Smile, I want to send this to your father."

To her surprise, they all did.

"Say, Merry Christmas, dad." Peter said, right before his mum took the picture.

"Merry Christmas dad!" Said 4 voices in unison, as Helen took the photograph. And she smiled widely, grateful to see her children so happy, even during these difficult times.

Edmund sighed warmly, resting his head on Peter's shoulder. He looked down at Lucy, who looked as happy as she had ever been, hugging Edmund tightly, and laying on his chest.

He looked at Susan, her head resting lightly on Peter's shoulder, a beautiful smile gracing her lips.

He looked at his mum, who appeared to be happier than she had been in days, and that warmed Edmund's heart.

He looked up at Peter, who was smiling down at him, looking more content than ever, to have his siblings all together in his arms.

And he thought of his dad. Even though he wasn't there, it felt like he was. Because of the letter he had written him, and the present Peter had given him. And of course because of all the pictures his mum took. Edmund knew it would bring his father joy, to see all of them so happy. And that, made him happy.

Edmund returned Peter's smile, making eye contact with his brother. "Thank you." He breathed.

"For what?" Peter asked, the smile still on his face.

"For making this a very, Merry, Christmas." Edmund said happily.

Peter's smile widened. "You're welcome, Ed."

"I love you." Edmund said. "I love you, all."

"We love you too." Came three voices, at the same time.

That Christmas, was one of the best the Pevensie family ever had.

Even Mr. Pevensie would say the same, because he got the pictures in the mail, along with letters. And in those letters, his children told him all about what the wonderful Christmas they had. And nothing in the world, could have made him happier.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀
A/N: Hope y'all liked this!!! I gave happy and fun a shot, since mostly write angst 😂 I'm working on a special one-shot for Christmas day or Christmas Eve!!! I am SO EXCITED to share it with y'all soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 4.5K 22
Emily isn't the same as before. She has lived 1300 years in a Narnia invaded by the Telmarines. Little does she know, that the boy she saved in the f...
2.5K 68 12
"The sons of Adam and daughters of Eve shall rule, but the oldest daughter shall never be equal to her siblings" Anne Pevensie was constantly oversha...
8K 498 35
It's 4 years into The Golden Age, and Narnia is at it's best. Narnia's people are happy, and so are the children who rule the country, Peter, Susan...
15.1K 260 15
Around a year after they have returned from Narnia Edmund falls ill and the doctors believe they cannot save them. A message from Aslan reaches the P...