Family Matters || Connor

By X_LoveBug_X

A story in which Cole Anderson wished for a sibling for his birthday. Hank complies by buying a child android... More

word counts
cast + spotify
prologue
chapter two
chapter three

chapter one

48 2 0
By X_LoveBug_X

November 6th, 2038
AM 09:27:03

LILLITH LAID in the bed that Hank set across from Cole's in their new, shared bedroom. Cole had begged his father into giving his sibling a place to sleep in his room. So, he complied for his son.

Cole had fallen asleep approximately thirty-two minutes ago, but the android couldn't seem to go into rest mode. It has a feeling -- a feeling that androids shouldn't have. Something bad was going to happen. It didn't know when it would happen, but it knew to be careful.

It shifted on the bed to face the boy. From what its sensors could pick up, Cole looked like Hank from when he was younger. It smiled as it looked at him. If Cole hadn't asked for a sibling, it wouldn't be in this house, at this moment, and with this family -- it was glad it was there. It was glad Cole made that wish.

Lillith awoke from her slumber. The usually bright yellow of Cole's room had darkened over the past two years. He had been gone for a while, and she missed him greatly. But it had affected Hank more, who was still in distress over the accident. He had grown cold to all androids there were -- all except one.

Lillith was special in his eyes. He couldn't lose her as well. So, he got in touch with a hacker to switch over her memories to an older looking model -- which was also less known about. He helped her blend in to the mass of people. Her LED was removed and her hair changed from its neutral style of a bun -- allowing it to be longer

She insisted on it. She had told Hank that Cole wished she could have longer hair, so she wanted that to live on with her. She wanted his memory to stay alive.

"Dad, I made breakfast and it's almost time for work. Get up," the android stated as she opened Hank's door. All she got in return was a grumbled curse from him. "Dad, we go through this every morning. Fowler has explicitly stated that he would fire you the next time you're late."

Hank's head lifted for a second to look at her, "And I told him he could piss off." He placed his head back into his stiff pillows, pulling a giggle from the android's voice box.

"He's going to have your ass on a platter if you don't get up," Lillith smiled at her father. "Honestly, when are you ever going to listen to Fowler? Or when is he going to actually fire you?"

Hank sat up on his king size bed, his gray hair was a mess before he looked at his daughter, "It depends on who does what first. And, have you been hacking into the department's system again. What did I say about doing that?"

"Not to do that unless it was absolutely necessary," she spoke, using the sarcasm her father used all the time.

"You..." he paused, glaring at the android. "Lillith, I swear to Christ that you better lose that attitude." He looked at his daughter, she really did take in his attitude.

"It's not my attitude, it's a reflection of you. Can't get mad at me for what you gave me," she smiled at him.

Her perfect white teeth made her smile look like it was glowing, which is what got Hank up every morning. He wanted to be there for his other kid. She was here because Cole asked for her; so Hank couldn't just forget about her.

"Where'd you get all that smart-assery from?" He chuckled and stopped her as she was about to reply. "You better not say that it was me either."

"Then I would be lying," she showed off a mischievous smile, causing Hank to chuckle again.

"Where would I be without you?"

The android thought for a moment, "At Jimmy's, probably drowning yourself with beer."

"You think that little of me?" His face showed hurt, but his voice was playful.

"Just profiling."

"I would recommend you Fowler for police work, but you wouldn't make it through unless you had blood for a test."

"I know, I've already looked up any, and all, alternatives for police work."

"I would recommend hacking, but you do that anyways."

"My system logs into all databases no matter what. Besides, my model is unique; they won't find me," Lillith smiled. "Plus, I have you to protect me."

"I can't protect you from everything."

"I know. I always know that," Lillith looked at Hank. "I also protect you, you know?"

"I know. I've seen you practicing fighting moves," Hank smiled, a small look of sadness danced in his eyes. "You even practice karate."

"Cole always told me about how he wanted to learn it. He loved karate. He would pronounce it weirdly, and told me it was from an old cartoon."

"It was his favorite show."

Lillith decided to change the conversations subject, "You still need to work today."

"I honestly don't want to even look at the department. They gave me a partner, and I hate its guts -- even if they are fake."

"An android partner? The doesn't seem like Fowler," Lillith closed her eyes and checked the department's database. "Oh, it was Cyberlife's idea for an android detective."

"Did you just hack into their data right in front of me after I told you not to?"

She took a second to register what she did before nodding, "I forgot." A small smile was on her face.

"Anyways, I still have to go. Close the door on your way out. Make sure to feed--"

"-- Sumo when you leave. Make sure he doesn't eat through his dog food bag -- like he always does. Yada yada. I know the drill. I've memorised it the first time you told me."

"Wow, I never knew an android could be so sassy," he joked.

"Phck you -- and get dressed," the android closed the door and walked to the kitchen, going there to fill Sumo's food and water bowls. As soon as the kibble hit the bottom of his bowls, Sumo was on his feet to eat -- but not before giving Lillith face kisses. She hugged the dog, "Thanks, Sumo. I love you too."

She move away from Sumo's food bowl and grabbed his water bowl -- filling it up with faucet water. She set down the bowl and patted the dog's side. She looked around the kitchen and picked up Cole's picture from its laying position on the kitchen table. As the android picked it up to look at it, her "brain" pulled up a memory.

"Lily, look at you! You look so pretty as a princess!" Cole gleamed to the android who looked about two years older than him.

The android wore a puffy, pink dress with clunky, plastic high heels. Her hair had a braid that ran around her scalp while the rest was let loose. She loved the look on herself. Cole choose the outfit for her and Hank did her hair.

She looked in the body mirror that Cole had in their room, "I like it."

Cole looked to his father, "Did you hear that, Daddy? She loves her outfit!"

"I heard," Hank replied with a chuckle from his sitting position on Cole's bed.

"I'm going to protect her from everything!" Cole shouted and pointed a foam sword to the sky as he looked at Lillith. She smiled proudly at him.

"You can protect me from anything. And I'll do the same for you," she told the boy.

"Alright, Lily. I'm headed off to work now," Hank called out, cutting off her memory. She placed the photo back and turned to her father -- who had the door open and was ready to go.

"Have fun," she smiled as he left -- leaving her with Sumo. She let out a sigh; it wasn't needed, but she did it anyway.

She does a lot of human things, especially after Cole died. Hank wanted her to appear human to others so she wouldn't be attacked by android haters. She fully understood what he meant when she saw them kick an android down on an outing with her father. He had to step in, even with his dislike for androids -- he hated the paperwork that came with broken property.

She looked at her hand as the skin peeled away, leaving her plastic shell underneath. Her joints were glowing a nice shade of blue before she replaced the skin. The house needs more food -- Hank ate a lot of it last night during a depressed episode he had.

She left the house and locked the door before walking to the store. It wasn't a far walk, so she gave herself time to think on it.

When she got back, Hank was at the door about to go in, so she greeted him -- which also scared him.

"Phcking Christ, Lillith! You scared me half to death!" Hank held a hand over his heart before looking at her bags, "What did you get?"

"More food for you, since you ate a bunch of it last night," she smiled to him.

"How much was it?"

"I only used fifty dollars."

"From my card?"

"Of course."

"Why do I allow you to use my card?" He jokingly asked before opening the door, allowing her to go in first.

"I can't get one," she replied before setting the bags on the table. "I got a lot of junk food just for you -- since you eat so much of it. And some normal food, for me to cook for you -- since you never want to cook for yourself."

"Did you buy any scotch?" Hank asked.

"Of course, after I had to show them my real, and absolutely not fake, ID," Lillith smiled after using her father's sarcasm against him. He sneered at her before grabbing the bottle of scotch.

"I might just drink this now," Hank commented.

"It's only 6 pm," Lillith told her father.

"The perfect time to drink."

"Call if you need anything. I'll be in sleep mode."

"Aye, aye," Hank saluted to her before she smiled and went to Cole's room. She couldn't really claim it as hers -- it'll always be his room.

November 6th, 2038
PM 07:54:21

Lillith's functions all came on around five minutes to eight pm with the sound of breaking glass. She grabbed the unneeded gun that Hank gave her and quietly opened the bedroom's door. She slowly walked down the hall leading to the source of the noise -- the kitchen -- with light steps. She held the gun up, like how they did in those old FBI shows, before stopping just behind the corner.

A strange voice spoke after Sumo let out a small grunt, "Easy!... Sumo... I'm your friend, see?... I know your name... I'm here to save your owner... "

Sumo grunted again before walking towards his food bowl. Lillith still held the gun up but she had already deduced who this intruder was -- the new android detective they partnered with her dad. She turned towards Cole's room and slowly walked back there to put the gun away -- it was useless to her in this situation.

"Wake up, Lieutenant!" Lillith heard before a loud slap seemed to echo through the house, "It's me, Connor! I'm going to sober you up for your own safety."

Lillith almost wanted to laugh at her father's disapproving cry, "Hey!.. Leave me alone, you phckin' android!" Lillith would've been hurt by those words if she was the one he yelled at, but he never directed any android hate towards her -- even when he was beyond drunk.

She knew he only saw her as his daughter; there was no room in his heart to even deny that point. He always proved that statement with a small kiss on her temple whenever he got home. It wasn't something he did all the time, but it reassured her at points that he would never throw any hate towards her.

"I have to warn you," the android started, "this may be unpleasant."

Hank was having none of it, "Get the phck outta my house!" She smiled at her father's words. Soon, Sumo came walking towards Cole's room -- right where she was at before laying at the door's entrance. She bent down and patted the dog's head before taking a step behind the wall; she was out of view of the hallway.

"I'm sorry, Lieutenant, but I need you. Thank you in advance for your cooperation." If Lillith didn't know in advance that this other android was paired with her father, she would've stepped in by now... But since she knew, she stayed hidden and tried so damn hard not to laugh at the naïve robot --

"Hey! Get the phck outta here!" Hank yelled before grunting.

-- or her drunken father.

"Sumo!" Hank called before his words slurred. "Attack!" Sumo only barked from his spot, earning praise from Hank in return before he went back to his original intention, "Attack!"

Lillith silently shook her head at how obnoxious Hank was being -- and he would never believe her if she told him without proof. Right now, she was tempted to go into rest mode since she knew Hank was in good hands... but then again, Lillith wanted to know about what was so important that "Connor" had to break a window just to get to her dad.

She closed her eyes, and in less than a second, she knew why. An android from Eden Club killed its client and was hiding -- or escaped -- but Lillith suspected that it was still on the premises.

Her mind came back to her when she heard Hank yell and the shower going. It soon turned off, "What the phck are you doing here?"

"A homicide was reported forty-three minutes ago. I couldn't find you at Jimmy's bar, so I came to see if you were at home." The android replied.

Hank sighed, "Jesus, I must be the only cop in the world that gets assaulted in his own house by his own phckin' android... Can't you just leave me alone?"

"Unfortunately, I cannot. I've been programmed to investigate this case and I can't do it without you."

"I don't give a shit about your goddamn case!"

"Lieutenant, you're not yourself. --" Lillith wanted to cut in with the catchphrase from Snickers, but Hank didn't really like her interacting with police officers -- so it was most likely a big no to an android one at that. "-- You should --"

"Beat it! You hear me?! Get the hell outta here!"

"I understand. I sincerely hope you come to terms with your personal situation."

Before Hank could even speak, Lillith knew he was intrigued, "This homicide... what do we know about it?"

"A man was found dead in a sex club downtown. The report says that an android may be involved." Somehow, Lillith knew the android left out that it was Eden Club on purpose.

"You know, probably wouldn't do me ant harm to get some air... Lily, grab me some clothes, dear," Hank called out.

Lillith was almost taken aback that Hank asked her to get him clothes, especially with an android detective in their house. Nonetheless, she answered, "Okay, Dad," and walked out of Cole's room, stepping over Sumo. She looked into the bathroom, where Hank and the android were, before giving a small wave and smile. She then turned to Hank's room.

If she were human, she would've freaked out nine minutes ago, but she wasn't -- which meant she needed to act as human as possible in the meantime. She scanned his closet and found him a rather... flashy outfit before turning around to bring them to him. Before she even stepped foot into the bathroom, she sensed the android was already waiting for her return, which he was -- his LED was yellow before smoothing out to the soft cyan most android's wore. She says most because her's was no longer on the side of her head.

"Here you go, Dad." She smiled before frowning when she saw him vomiting. She set the clothes on the small dresser next to the door, "Are you alright, Dad?"

He gave her a small thumbs up, "Yeah... yeah... peachy. Give me five minutes. Lily, got back to sleep." Lillith sighed, pushing as much angst she could out. "Just go to sleep, Lillith. I don't want to fight with you."

She flung her arms down and raised her head to the ceiling before crossing her arms over her chest, "I never get to go with. You promised I'll be able to at some point." She knew that was a lie, as did Hank, but she told it anyway. After five seconds, she left the bathroom with Connor behind her so Hank could change in peace.

Before she could even turn to Cole's room, Connor stopped her, "Who are you?"

"Lillith Anderson. I'm one of my dad's two children. But I was also adopted... so, I'm technically not his child but still am at the same time," she ranted before stopping herself -- he could look that all up right now, but he didn't. He watched her, his LED did flicker between the calm cyan and cautious yellow, but never longer than a second for either. He was observing her.

"It's pleasurable to meet you, Miss Anderson. My name is Connor. I'm the android sent by --"

"Cyberlife?" She smiled before continuing, "Dad told me a lot of things about you. None of them were good though. He hates androids; I don't share the same opinion though. I find them interesting. They may not be truly alive, but a few like to simulate it so they can be treated fairly in their life." She covered her mouth with a hand to hide a faux shy smile, "Sorry. I was rambling. I just don't think androids should be treated the way that they are in our society. It's one of the reasons I want to go with Dad on, at least, one of his cases. The other being to ask the owner of the android why they would hurt their android."

Connor blinked. His expression held confusion, and just a bit of wonder, towards her words. Never has he met a human so fascinated in androids that they despised the owners of one if they hurt such machine. Androids were only here to serve, but this human respected them as a whole; she even gave them pronouns instead of "it".

"I'll see if the Lieutenant can bring you."

Lillith was surprised by this. Never has another android agreed to her ideas. They would just look at her and look away -- no emotion in them whatsoever.

"I would appreciate that. Thank you, Connor," she looked down towards Sumo, "Oh! I heard you like dogs. Here's Sumo!" She squatted and gave Sumo a pat on his stomach, to which he rolled over to. Connor was just a bit hesitant before taking a knee next to the Lieutenant's daughter. He slowly reached out and touched Sumo, slowly petting his fur before patting him as well. Sumo looked at him before laying his head back down. "He likes you. Hank would disapprove, but Sumo likes you."

Connor had a very faint smile playing on his lips before he stood up. Lillith stayed next to Sumo, petting him softly and cooing at him as if he was still a puppy. Connor tilted his head at such behavior, some of his hair deviating from the haircut Cyberlife gave him. She smiled down at Sumo with every stroke of his fur. Connor looked away from the scene and looked around the Anderson house.

Lillith stayed with Sumo whilst Connor looked around. She could guess that he was trying to find things about Hank to converse about -- she did the same when he "adopted" her. He didn't mind when she did it, but she knew he would if Connor did it. She only hoped that he didn't ask about the gun that she always found near Hank. He wanted to die so bad, especially in the early months after Cole's death, but Lillith helped him. He still had the gun next to him all the time, but he always reassured her by taking every single bullet out. The android appreciated that from him even though she knew he still wanted to die deep down.

The bathroom door soon opened and out came Hank in the outfit she gave him. She smiled when she saw him, to which he smiled back to before his face hardened when he turned to Connor. That android, on the other hand, smiled towards him -- it wasn't a big smile, but just enough that both Anderson's could see.

Sumo then got up from his spot, making Lillith stand up as well, before walking past the oldest in the house. "Be a good dog, Sumo. I won't be long. Lily?"

"Yeah?" She answered from behind him.

"The case might not be dangerous, so..." He looked towards her, allowing her to see what he wanted to say. "I guess you can come."

"What about Fowler?"

"He can suck a toe for all I care!"

Lillith smiled at her father's words towards the chief of police before nodding, "I'll get my shoes on."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 1.5K 48
These are all imagines, with all our androids! I'll do xReaders or AndroidxAndroid. I will do smuts as well (we aren't innocent here). Request in the...
16.7K 458 26
This is a story of two unlikely lovers. Connor Anderson, an RK800 android, who lives with with a grumpy police Lieutenant and still adapting to life...
30K 1.3K 20
Her brother and she had a vision. A vision where people would have the power to create life. Machines that would change the world. They both knew tha...
445K 15.9K 50
||Connor RK800 x Reader|| Your father asked you to be apart of a Cryostasis pod test back in 2018 and that was it! You didn't think it would last for...