𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐞𝐬�...

By strawberry1d

ᴾʳᵉᵛⁱᵒᵘˢˡʸ ˢʷᵉᵉᵗ ᴺⁱᵍʰᵗ ♡ "Why don't you just reject me and get it over with?" You looked up at him with teary... More

Disclaimer°˖✧✿✧˖°
˖✧✿✧˖°Award Achievement
˖✧✿✧˖°Playlist
Introduction°˖✧✿✧˖°
Character bio°˖✧✿✧˖
Chapter 1- Beijing
Chapter 2- Tsinghua University
Chapter 3-Meeting the fangirls
Chapter 4- Falling into the rabbit hole.
Chapter 5- Panda Express rules
Chapter 6- Starting with the Wings Tour
Chapter 7- The Date...or not date?
Chapter 8- Assignment woes
Chapter 9- OT7 chaos on Korean Air
Chapter 10- Chile
Chapter 11- A friend in need...
Chapter 12 -Sao Paulo, Brazil
Chapter 13 Soulmark troubles
Chapter 14 Meeting Shelby
Chapter 15 Newark,USA
Chapter 16 Good news---bad news
Chapter 17- Signing up
Chapter 18 Bangkok, Thailand
Chapter 19 The 'TRIP'
Chapter 20 Seoul-day
Chapter 21 Jakarta, Indonesia
Chapter 22- Manila, Philippines
Chapter 24- Meeting destiny...
Chapter 25- What!!!!
Chapter 26 Coming clean...
Chapter 27 Bonding
Chapter 28-Taekook date
Chapter 29- Ms Bai
Chapter 30- The Fila Campaign
Chapter 31- Behind closed doors...
Chapter 32-Meeting Bangtan
Chapter 33-BangPD our bigTeddy bear
Chapter 34- Meeting the unexpected
Chapter 35- Aftermath
Chapter 36-The Kims from Daegu
Chapter 37-Daegu bliss
Chapter 38-Tears
Chapter 39- What's wrong?
Chapter 40-The Bias
Chapter 41- Yacht
Chapter 42- Fun in the hot tub
Chapter 43- Bed hair
Chapter 44- Mamas'Touch
Chapter 45- Presidents Hill
Chapter 46- Hanging out with a belle
Chapter 47- House by the lake
Chapter 48-Army meltdown
Chapter 49-Hong Kong
Chapter 50- Shock...shock
Chapter 51- Best friend troubles
Chapter 52- Chats
Chapter 53- Somerset
Chapter 54- Home sweet home
Chapter 55- An old...acquintance
Chapter 56-Coming Temptations
Chapter 57- At home with Bangtan
Chapter 58-Dancing with Bangtan
Chapter 59- Mosquito troubles.
Chapter 60-Las Vegas
Chapter 61-The bet
Chapter 62- A Secret revelation
Chapter 63-The Billboard Awards night
Chapter 64-Shocking aftermath
Chapter 65 - Back to Shanghai
Chapter 66- Sydney,Australia
Chapter 67- Crazy Army
Chapter 68- A dream come true
Chapter 69- Cosmetic campaign
Chapter 70-Quick flight to Sydney
Chapter 71-Sydney woes
Chapter 72-Airport frenzy
Chapter 73- Seniors' Trip
Chapter 74-When love hurts...
Chapter 75- An unwelcome smootch
Chapter 76- Trending frenzy
Chapter 77-Emotional onslaught
Chapter 78 -Painful ghosting
Chapter 79-Broken ties
Chapter 80- Finally...
Chapter 81: The Kims'daughter
Chapter 82- A welcome surprise
Chapter 83: Family time
Chapter 84: From Sweet To Fierce.
Chapter 85: What just happened!
Chapter 86: Bells' Night
Chapter 87: I think I'm pregnant!
Contest (Complete)
Chapter 88: Spy stories

Chapter 23 Interning

1.9K 49 7
By strawberry1d

I'm wondering,
are you, my best friend?
Feels like a river's rushing
through my mind...

You and the girls had a wonderful week. Dahyun and Sana had to reunite with their soulmates and could only stay for a week, so you decided to make the best of their last day in Seoul.

You went to the Bukhenson National Park and the Changdeokgung and Gyeongbokgung Palaces.

You're hired in traditional attire at the Handbok nam. Sana and Dahyun are so stoked they can't wait to post your pics on Instagram. You and Liu Mei browsed around for the perfect colored dresses.

Sana chooses a red, Dahyun dark blue. You opt for light pink and Liu Mei green, and you even chose hair accessories.

I was not very expensive. You loved the way you looked.You learned about the history of the Korean dynasties. In your attire, you walked around the village. They bought traditional food and just took a lot of selcas at the palace.

They even went to Gangnam after returning their hired attire. Sana and Dahyun wanted to check out the K.star road and take selfies with the Kpop band little bears. They took photos at the Gangnam, sign.

They didn't have enough time cause they need to get ready for their flight. The girls were thrilled and satisfied when they reach their hotel. They hugged their friends as they left with the shuttle to the Airport.

You couldn't see them off cause you have a meeting with your agent and Liu Mei is too scared to go all by herself. So she decided to just go through her prep for her interview the next day.

The afternoon you met up at the little bar-restaurant ordering cocktail drinks. You decided to ask Liu Mei to come down and meet your agent. You enjoyed your berry cocktail. Your agent discussed the meeting with the directors on the following Monday. You look very nervous about being featured in front of the camera.

After the meeting, you and Liu Mei decided to go to the gym for a little workout. You were tired and sweaty when you both reached your rooms.

Liu Mei is panting," Wow what a workout. My legs feel dead. I don't think I'll be going for dinner."

You agreed," ok, let's hang out in your room and order room service. While you prepare for tomorrow's big day, I'll just upload our photos on my laptop."

Liu Mei nodded," it's ok! Let's just refresh ourselves and enjoy our best friends' moments."

You went into your room. Run yourself an aromatic bath and look for cute loungewear. While waiting for your bath to fill you connect your mobile to your laptop, transfer all your images and send them to your email addresses. Anything can happen during vacations with your phones. You will not take any chances.

Liu Mei took a shower. She texts you asking you what you wanted to order, and while you bathe she can do the ordering of room service. You decide on seafood dishes and soft drinks with chocolate pudding for dessert.

You finish your bath, brush your hair, and dressed comfortably and meet up in Liu Meis'hotel's room.

You open your laptop while making yourself comfortable on the bed. Liu Mei joined you on the bed going through her profile and asking you to do a mock interview with her. She wanted this internship.

You hope she gets it and meets the boys. She will be so delighted. Liu Mei needs all the happiness, mostly because she lost her soulmate.

Although you don't want a soulmate right now, he will break your heart into pieces if he rejects you or might already be involved with someone else.

She helped her friend prepare afterward they decided to watch RunBts episodes to cheer themselves up.

The bowling episode was quite funny where everyone wants to win the golden maknae.

Lui Mei dreamily," oh my gosh Jimin is so hot! I love his pink hair. Look at Rapmonster he is so cool with his grape hair, and he can cook"

Your heart flutters when you saw how good V looks in glasses during episode 20. He is so handsome. If you had to meet him, you'd be speechless. He is so cute and dorky.

Liu Mei laughs, " I wonder if can Jimin cooks well. Hope he and Sugas dish turns out well. If I had to meet him unexpectedly, I'd rip his shirt off to see if he got abs."

You gasped " oh my word Liu Mei, and they'll lock you up, please don't scare little Chim  Chim like that."

Liu Mei with exasperation, "Y/n do you know how many girls will kill to be with them? Everyone, the press, the tabloids are digging deep to find out about their soulmates. They said Jin found her, but there are no images of them together anywhere..."

You clear your throat, " She must be lovely...fate always gives you someone that fits precisely with you. Your temperaments, personalities, likes and dislikes, so I think Jin will be happy with a soulmate..., but I don't know about Suga, he looks to salvage now Jimin well, he is a natural flirt hope he will be a Tarnished so that you can have a chance with him.."

Liu Mei signs softly, " the red gold string made it practically impossible to love someone else, but I won't mind dating him, but I'll get killed before the date."

You asked a little cautiously." Does Jhope, Taehyung, and RM have mates?"

Liu Mei shook her head," You'll never know, Bighit will only confirm it apparently when at least 5 of them got their mates. Then the company introduced them to the public. I hope Jungkook doesn't get Lisa. I don't see them as a couple.:

You feel suddenly fearful. You don't know where it comes from," Do you think Taehyung likes Lisa?"

Liu Mei pull a face," she might be voted as the most beautiful kpop artist and V the most handsome, he never looked at her other than a nod in acknowledgment of their presence. She usually smiles all bright at V, but he just shrugged it off. If they were mates, you'd see it in their behavior, and you cannot hide the bond."

You suddenly feel relief, you can't understand why Taehuyng brought such intense feelings to the front. You don't like it one bit.

Liu Mei with excited when she read some news from local news outlets.

Liu Mei jumped on the bed, and you look confused at her," what!!!"

Liu Mei with a happy, dreamily face," our boys are coming home after the Manila Tour. I think they'll work on their Home Festa anniversary ... oh my gosh! Y/n do you know what it means?"

You shook your head, not understanding what she meant. " no.."

Liu Mei smiles widely, " if I get the internship I'll most likely work for them"

If you don't think so, Bighit will keep the interns far away from their artists, especially the widely popular BTS. If you're  Bighit, you also keep your artist away from overzealous fans.

You also watch fan cams of their Asian Wings Tour. In Bangkok, Jakarta, Manila

You and Liu Mei enjoyed the fancams and ARMY's fan chants tremendously. Liu Mei dreamt about working with them at their concert. If she gets the job, she'll move to Seoul.

Her family just has to deal with it. She wonders will
Yunru wants to come to move in with her. She doubts it, and she's too family orientated.

You enjoy your food and order more snacks because tomorrow is the big day for Liu Mei. She'd asked you to for a sleepover. 

You saw your friend already in dreamland.

You quickly put the laptop on the table and switch off the side lamps. Before you pull the covers over your head, you heard a notification.

Urgh, what now!

You saw the ID caller's name, and you were surprised to see that Dylan sent you a message.

Hi love... why are you doing this to me...do you hate me that much now?

Hi Dyl, no, I don't hate you...I don't want to be the reason for your soulmate's unhappiness. I feel guilty.

I know now what you meant...I'm so sorry to put you in this situation...but I love you Yunru...I did spend time with Yana to build a friendship, and I'm trying...but as long as you don't have a soulmate...I still have hope in us.

Oh, Dyl. You know I love you too but -

I know you said it's not romantic ..but if you meet yours and you don't have the red gold string ...will you give me a chance to court you again?

Dylan... we need to wait and see...The problem we sit on now is that your soulmate has a passionate string. She'll fade away slowly without your attention. I cannot and won't do it to her...

I don't want to lose you ...

You'll never lose me...

But your soulmate...if he loves you...he won't let me near you...I'm scared that you'll forget me.

Oh, come on ...we are practically family... You'll always have me Dyl. You're my best friend...I'll still need you in my life...remember you'll have to protect me in Shangai.

True...thank you love...can we go out on a date together for the last time..for closure.

I'll like that.

And congrats on your new fame. We saw your face on the billboard. We couldn't believe it was you...I'm proud of you...remember me when you were famous.

Stop it Dyl. It happened by chance...all Sanas' doing.
I've got a commercial coming up here in Seoul in the coming weeks.

You'll look beautiful in any commercial I'm rooting for you.

Ok well, talk when I'm back okay...Liu Mei is working hard on her interview. We hope she gets it.

She will. Tell her good luck.

Good night Dyl

Good night Love...

You just inhaled deeply. You hope Dylan comes around and take his heart from you. He needs to let go. You also realize that you need to close this episode of your life with Dylan.
.......

The next morning a very anxious and nervous Liu Mei sat at the breakfast table on the terras. She looked beautiful in her business attire.

You encourage her to be herself. Enjoy the interview, meet new people, and come back with good news.

You decided to amuse yourself while Liu Mei is gone. The blue indoor pool is calling you. You went for a nice swim, and booked yourself in the spa for a manicure and pedicure.

You called Liu Mei a few hours later." Liu Mei...how is it going?

Liu Mei with a hushed tone," there are so many of us here. Some got years of experience from interning. I don't know Yunru"

You comfort her about her insecurities" you're also good enough, my friend, forget about the intimidation. You are going to ace it. Fighting!"

Liu Mei with renewed confidence." ok...thank you...it's my turn...bye..wish me good blessings!"

You order room service for lunch and watch Netflix the whole time. After being bored, you turn up your laptop and browse through Blackpink's links and watch their music video. You quickly put it on your playlist.

You like this girl band. You wish you can meet them, especially Jisoo. She's got such a sweet persona, and she's so pretty.

You are watching their dance choreography and because you have a fantastic body for dancing. Nobody even knows that. You tried to practice the steps until you know them. You had a lot of fun by yourself.

You even wanted to see how they dance live on stage. Jisoo killed it with her vocal; thee, Lisa and Jennie's rap skills, was out of this world. Rose is very intimidating.

Liu Mei came back highly delighted with the news that she made it to the top 10 candidates. She will be in the stylist and image department. She was helping with the setup, and iron pressing of the Artist's costumes.

She will be with two girls from Deagu and one from Itaewon. They are all so excited thinking that it's a step toward meeting their BTS stans.

Liu Mei can't contain herself. You just feel so grateful that she can have something that makes her happy. She will start working in two weeks, so she booked another week at the hotel.

You'll be traveling all by yourself back at the end of next week. You'll also be starting your internship at Shanghai Television Studios. You can't wait for the opportunities awaiting you.

Liu Mei was dressing in casual wear." You won't believe the ARMY that applied. Most of them gush about being the soulmates of the boys. In the interview, they asked me whether I have a soulmate or not. I told them I already found my soulmate and they wanted to know what string. I told them red gold."

You chuckled," I think they deliberately wanted to know that so that there won't be any danger in the boys being harassed by mateless girls...you are saved and "taken" in their eyes obviously ...just don't let your crush make you do strange things."

Liu Mei laughs lightly," if I hadn't met Mike D'Angelo I'd harass Jimin daily...but I'll just keep my fangirling in...for your sake."

You giggled at that. It will be a sight to behold. Liu Mei, not fangirling. Please!!!

Liu Mei looked at the time on her wrists," let's go and eat something in the restaurant."

You feel your tummy rumbling and nod. The two of you head out to the elevators bowing at the passers-by. Liu Mei told you about their offices. That there are only a few female managers, less than five. But they have more than ten older Noonas, all married.

As if that will keep them from lusting after the hot boys, you thought amusingly. She also informed you the designers will work with Givenchy and Gucci. She can't wait to style their clothes with the head stylist.

Four stylists and three makeup and two hairstylists are now in the Philippines with Bangtan. She met some of the in-house stylists that will go to work in the  Japan and Australia concerts. The management might choose her to work in the final Seoul concerts.

They enjoy a tasty dinner, talking candidly about the day. Liu Mei also called her parents Dahyun and Sana. They were screaming like a crazy woman. They're so excited and asked her what she'll do if she meets her bias.

You just rolled your eyes. Liu Mei will seriously rip off his shirt. That's how excited she is to be a Bighit intern. Her parents were very proud of her. She did it without her parent's influence.

They ordered ice cream in the room. You choose a toffee flavor, and Liu Mei went for a lime and lemon flavor. You watch an interesting Kdrama series.

Strong woman Bong Soon. You enjoyed the series so much that you decided to follow it whilst you were here in Seoul.

The next day, you and Liu Mei went out to breakfast at a small coffee shop. You enjoyed the small New York-style Bristo.

Liu Mei wanted to eat on the roof and look out at the skyscrapers. Her whole demeanor changed here in Seoul. It's like she's part of the Koreans. You feel a tug in your heart fearing the day when she told you she's going to move here, especially if Bighit keeps her here by offering her a job after the internship.

How will you cope without your best friend on campus? You will not keep her back cause here she will not be subjected to the pain of her lost soulmate. She can start over.

After breakfast, they explore the Coex mall. They enjoyed shopping. You decided to pay a visit to the famous Kakao Friends shop. You and Liu Mei bought plushie pillows for yourself and a onesie for Ming Mei.

Liu Mei went to a store called Nain, and you bought cute brown, flip-flop shoes and lilac and white shirts for your mom. 

You bought yourself a small, cute travel bag for your wallet, cell phone, and small make-up items. You bought a bucket hat for fishing for your dad.

Liu Mei got herself semi-formal clothing for her two weeks internship. You helped her choose the right outfits. She doesn't want designer wear so that she can blend in with the other students.

They decided to go to a small restaurant for lunch. The place is so cozy and small. They offer light meals and sweet treats.

You and Liu Mei took seats by the window. The local people are amicable. You can also speak Korean, English, and Japanese fluently thanks to your linguistic giftedness. Liu Mei is very grateful and lets you order and communicate with people most of the time.

The locals are very impressed with your pronunciation, thanks to your grandparents' continual communication over the years. You ordered crispy chicken strips and chips with Sprite. You just love the taste of Sprite. Liu Mei ordered a spicy dish with coke.

Whilst you waiting for your food Liu Mei was browsing through her notifications. You almost fell off your chair when she squealed excitedly.

Liu Mei fanning herself, "OMG Yunru ...BTS is coming home TODAY...at 14h00. Do you want to accompany me to the airport? K. ARMY's are gathering at Incheon to welcome them home?"

 The waitress who was serving a table next to you exclaims excitedly in Korean.

"Jinjja! OMG!" she looked overly hyped up as she stood by your table looking at you. You rolled your eyes. Oh great, another devoted fan. How many are in the ARMY here in Korea?

Liu Mei smiled widely," Do you know BTS!" at least she tried to speak Korean with the girl.

The waitress laughs out loud" who doesn't, and they are Korea's best export product...I'm a hardcore ARMY...Jhope is my bias, and the handsome V is my bias wrecker. He is so hot. Er sorry, my name is  Choo Su-Young." You greeted her. You were introducing yourself and Liu Mei.

You felt annoyed at her open adoration of, especially V's appearance.

Why can't people just see past his looks and comment on how talented he is?

Su-Young smiled. She is so cute with a round face and a small button nose. She asked Liu Mei if she can go with her after her shift is over. She and Su-Young will go together. You want to go somewhere and explore more of Seoul because you'll be leaving soon. You are staying and can always explore later...

Su-Young clapped her hand in agreement. "Ok, it will 'be fun. Three of my ARMY fans will go with me. Let me quickly inform them".

Liu Mei beamed up to her newfound friend, "let's go back afterward so that I can dress cutely...Jimin might notice me" You just snort. Typical. Liu Mei forgot that the boys will only look down and wouldn't make eye contact with anyone.

You quickly finished your lunch and got an Uber to the hotel. Su-Young also left to get her friends ready for the airport. They will take the bus.

At the hotel, you went to take a shower and a nap. Liu Mei left a while ago. Very overly -excited.

You felt so strange all of a sudden. It's like your senses are extra alert, your soul mark is stinging, and your heart is suddenly racing. What the freaking nonsense is this? You never felt so strange, but you just shrugged it off and carried on napping. 

A/n: The Boys are coming back. Thanks for all your support.💜💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

330K 29.1K 81
[soulmate au] when you're close enough to your soulmate, you start dreaming about them- more specifically their innermost thoughts, hopes and subcons...
222K 10.3K 71
What if you're about to meet the people you work for and they're also your Idols? And one gives you the Soul Mark after you kiss? Do you tell them? O...
299K 12.3K 64
"I have every right to say this y/n" I glared at the man in front of me. "You are no one to me" I yelled making every word clear to him. He clenched...
18.9K 728 114
It is said that before you were born, the identity of your soulmate/soulmates had been determined. Each soul has a perfect match. The first time they...