Defenceless l.s

By guccidowntothefloor

Louis is abused Harry is his boss ----- When Louis quits his job, his boyfriend gets him a job interview with... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Q&A (Don't worry, there is an update aswell :)
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
Sixty
Sixty One
Sixty Two
Sixty Three
Sixty Four
Sixty Five
Sixty Six
Sixty Seven
Sixty Eight
Sixty Nine
Seventy
EPILOGUE.OUT.NOW
A/N

Fifty Six

18.6K 668 2.2K
By guccidowntothefloor

I was gonna play with your emotions and say that Ill end the story here but Im not gonna do that...

No but seriously, thanks you for your patience and I'll try to upload  as much as I can but that might not be that much atm but ill get back to updating regularly soon :)
(Hopefully😬)

Love you all 😘✌

xxx

Breath in

Breath out 

Breath in

Breath out

Breath in

Breath out

Louis gulped past the huge lump in his throat before finally opening the door with a shaky hand. He decided that it would be best not to think too hard about it, just go in, answer a couple of questions and leave. Zayn had offered many times to come with him and even though he would love his support right now Louis couldn't bring himself to do it. He couldn't bring Zayn of all people to the meeting that might decide Liam's future. They hadn't had a proper talk since before he got hospitalized. He had no idea what Liam was thinking, if he even knew that Louis had talked to the police.

The frost crunched under his feet as he made his way towards the black metal door. You could see the paint scraped off in some places beneath the square window from the old age of the building. When he entered the first thing he saw was a middle aged man behind a desk. He smiled politely and Louis walked over to him, not quite sure what to do next.

"Um, hi. I'm supposed to meet officer Andersen. I'm not sure where to go," he said in a shaky voice. 

"What time were you supposed to meet him, I think he is in another meeting right now," he explained. He had kind eyes Louis noticed.

"Oh, um at 03pm" he said and started tapping his foot on the floor, why was this taking so long? 

"Well there is still about 10 minutes left so why don't you wait here and I'll inform him when he's done."

What is this, a fucking doctors apointment?

"Okay," Louis nodded and took a seat on the blue couch beside the desk. Why had he gotten here so early? He could have waited in the car! And what is he meeting about? He's a fucking police? Or was it a detective? He couldn't remember, he had talked to quite a few people over the phone and it's pretty hard memorising names when you can't put a face to them. What do they need to meet about? Ugh! His stomach churned and he closed his eyes, trying to calm down.

**********

Louis shook his hand and took a seat in front of the old wooden table as Mr.Andersen started a camera and took a seat on the other side of the table. "Can you repeat your full name and today's date?" He asked with a sympathetic smile. 

"Louis William Tomlinson. October second, 2020," he said trying not to keep his voice as steady as possible. 

"Mr.Tomlinson, you're in for questioning to testify for accusations of abuse from Mr.Liam James Payne." Louis nodded, not really sure what to say. "I'm going to ask you a series of questions, all your answers will be considered in Mr.Payne's case. We will start off with a few general questions about your relationship, alright?" He said with a small smile.

Louis nodded again, "okay."

"You and Mr.Payne were in a romantic relationship, correct?"

"Yes"

"When did this relationship start?"

"About three years ago. It would've been three years in a month," he mumbled the last part.

"And did you have any kind of relationship before this?"

"No, we met about a month before we started dating, or before we officially got together, like a couple. He asked me out on a date the second time we met."

"And you lived with him until recently, is that correct?"

"Yes"

"Why did you move out?" He asked and looked down at some papers in his hand.

"Um, I was at the hospital and he told me that- that I couldn't go back home at the moment so I went to my friend," he said, trying not to think too hard about his answers.

"The doctor told you that you couldn't go back home?" He asked, to ensure himself.

"Yes"

"Why were you at the hospital?"

"I passed out at work and my boss brought me in," he said and fiddled nervously with his fingers. 

He nodded with an unreadable expression, "how would you say your relationship was?" 

Louis looked at him, confused, "what do you mean?"

"Would you say you had a good relationship?"

Louis nodded immediately, "yes, of course. I love him."

"Define a good relationship."

What? What are these questions? You know what, it doesn't matter. Just answer and you can get out of here. 
"When two people love each other," he said awkwardly and tried to keep his gaze steady and not look around the entire room. Not that there was much to look at, it was just gray concrete walls with one of those large mirrors. He wondered if there was someone behind there. He kept on asking random questions and the knot in Louis' stomach somewhat loosened. 
This isn't too bad.

"Did he love you?" 

"Of Course he did, why else would he be with me?" Louis asked, feeling quite offended by the question.

"Right, did he ever under any circumstances hurt you or harmed you in any way? Intentional or not."

Louis nodded with a grim face.

"Would you consider his actions abusive towards you?" 

Louis immediately shook his head, "no"

"How often would this kind of action occur?" 

Louis thought for a moment, "well it kinda depends. He would get a little aggressive when he was mad. So if he was in a bad mood he was obviously more easily irritated, but it wasn't just random," he explained.

Mr. Andersen nodded in understanding, "if he has physically harmed you, why would you not consider this abusive?"

"Well, it's not like he would do anything for no reason. He always had good intentions."

"What kind of intentions?"

"If he was mad at me for something I did," Louis said quietly.

"But you are aware that even if he had his reasons, it's still considered abuse"

Louis didn't say anything as he fiddled with his fingers. 

"Mr.Payne is arrested for domestic violence and that is what we're looking into. If he harmed you, good intentions or not, it's still illegal."

"I know," Louis said quietly, eyes glued to his lap. The lump in his stomach quickly grew heavier as the realization set in.

Liam is going to jail.

Harry walked into the staff kitchen with Niall hot in his heels. "I told you to swoop. Why didn't you swoop?" 

Harry sighed, "you said wait a while then make a move"

"But you had the best opportunity! You were basically on a date in your home. And he stayed the night. If that's not a date I don't know what is," he said and started the coffee machine.

"But I couldn't just kiss him, not after he told me about his last boss," he said and mindlessly grabbed a banana from the fruit bowl they always had on the counter. 

"Who said anything about a kiss? But you were watching a movie, you could have cuddled him or something"

Harry looked at him for a moment, "I mean we did"

"What?"

"What?" Harry asked, confused.

"Why don't you ever tell me stuff?" Naill practically yelled. "What happened? And I want you to tell me everything in detail this time," he huffed. 

Harry took a bite of his banana and looked at his friend with a bored expression, "I told you, we watched two movies and then he fell asleep on the couch. He did wake up though cause he had a nightmare and I stayed with him until he fell asleep"

Niall looked at him like he was crazy, "that's what you call details? You've got serious problems lad," he said and poured himself a cup of coffee and added his milk and sugar. "What movies did you watch?"

"Alladdin and The little mermaid. He didn't like it, can you believe that? Who doesn't like The little mermaid? It's a classic," Harry said and threw away his banana peel, he noticed a mug among the trash that someone had thrown away. Maybe it broke, he thought.

"Okay, you have potentially the love of your life at your place watching a movie and you choose stupid Disneys movies? You couldn't have picked something more romantic like Titanic or something? Man, you really are hopeless," he said dramatically as he stirred his coffee.

Harry rolled his eyes in annoyance, "No we watched Aladdin cause we were talking about it in the bar and then we got to talking a bit more and then we watched The Little mermaid."

"What did you talk about?" He asked curiously.

"You know, just random stuff," he shrugged.

"Like what?"

"You know. . . stuff," Harry said when he couldn't think of anything specific they talked about. "Well he did go on a rant about how much he didn't like the little mermaid but I would very much like to erase that conversation from my memory,"

"You two are so weird, I swear."

"Hi"

Zayn looked up from the phone to see a teary eyed Louie by the kitchen door. "Hey, how did it go?" He asked softly as he took in Louis' distressed state.

"Horrible," he mumbled and sat down beside Zayn.

"Why? What happened?"

Louis shrugged and leaned his head on Zayn's shoulder who then pulled him into a hug. "I'm so sorry," he said quietly. "I'm so proud of you. You know this is for the best.  Now you can move on from him. And I know you say that you love him but I really hope that someday you can see what he's done to you"

Louis sniffled and a couple tears escaped his closed eyes. He didn't want to think about it. So far he had done a pretty good job at ignoring the problem but he knew it would get so much harder now that he had to face everything that happened and he wasn't sure if he was ready for that.

"I didn't know you liked golf?" Louis said surprised.

"I don't," he groaned. "Niall is dragging me with him," he said like it was the end of the world. But then his face lit up as an idea struck him. "You should come, it would be so much more fun."

Louis laughed, "me? Golfing? No way! I would accidentally hit someone in the face"

"You can't be that bad, it's golfing not rocket science"

"No, I'm serious, once when I was eleven or twelve I hit my friend in the face with a golf stick. He started bleeding and everything, it was very dramatic!" 

"What?" Harry laughed, "what were you doing hitting friends with golf sticks?"

"It's not like I did it on purpose! What kinda person do you think I am?" He said with a hand on his chest. "He was standing behind me and I went to hit the ball and accidentally might have wacked him in the face instead," he scratched his neck as Harry chuckled at his ridiculous clumsiness.

"And I thought I was clumsy. Why were you playing golf when you were eleven?"

"It was mini golf, we were on holiday and the hotel had this cool golf course so my family went to try it out and I met this guy there and we became friends. Or temporary holiday friends," Louis shrugged. "Wonder what happened to him, we could've been like best buddies," he slumped back in his chair before stabbing the cold pasta with his fork.

"I'm pretty sure Zayn wouldn't be too fond of that, he seemed very. . . protective," Harry stated his observation.

Louis hummed, "yeah you've got a point, he's really scary when he gets angry," Louis waved around with his fork and Harry was slightly worried he would fling the pasta across the room. "Not sure if he could handle it."

"I think you can handle yourself, if you keep waving around like that you're gonna stab someone's eye out," Harry said jokingly.

A faint blush covered his cheeks as he bit into the pasta, "I'm gonna stab your eyes out," he mumbled under his breath and he took a sip of his water.

"Excuse me?" Harry said, acting offended. "What have I ever done to you?" 

"I'm kidding, I wouldn't do that to you. I still need a paycheck," Louis said with a roll of his eyes. 

"If I knew you were only here for money I wouldn't have invited you to go golfing with me," he huffed.

"Yeah, I wasn't planning on going golfing anyway,"

"Fine then, go waste your weekend playing dress up or whatever it is you do. Me and Niall will have fun without you," Harry crossed his arms over his chest with a little pout on his lips.

"You don't even like golf,"

"Yes I do" Harry declared.

"Since when?"

"Since now, I love golf. Such a good sport, even though you just walk around a huge lawn with little sticks. It's very fun but you can't come," he pouted. "What a pity."

Louis looked at him with a bored expression and was about to reply with a witty comment when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.
"What do you want?" He said when he saw Zayn's name on the screen.

"I'm about to ask Gigi out and I think I'm going to die"

"You were supposed to do that last week"

"Louis!" 

He chuckled, "and what exactly do you want me to do?"

"I don't know, what do i do?" 

"How should I know, I don't even know her. Figure something out. I'm kinda in the middle of something right now."

"In the middle of what? What is more important than this?"

"Well, Harry was talking about how much he adores golf," he said and looked at Harry who didn't seem all that pleased.

"Okay?"

"Cause he's trying to make me jealous cause I don't wanna go golfing with him and Niall," he smiled at the way Harry was glaring at him.

"What is the matter with you? This is Harry Styles we are talking about here! Why do you always do this?"

Louis brought the phone down from his ear, "hey Harry, Zayn wanna go golfing with you," he could hear Zayn facepalm on the other side of the line.

An amused grin crept onto his face, "looks like I befriended the wrong guy. Zayn seems nice, I'm sure we would get along much better, we even have similar hobbies."

Louis crossed his arms over his chest similar to Harry though his stance was slumped back, he heard Zayn screaming through the phone and rolled his eyes. "You don't even like golf."

"Yes he does, shut up Louis!" 

Louis put the phone to his ear again, "you know, I don't think Gigi would like it very much if he knew you turned gay everytime someone mentioned Harry."

Harry quirked a curious eyebrow at the comment.

"What the fuck Louis! He can hear you!" He said, angerly.

"Oh yeah, sorry. You probably want to keep your affair a secret."

"I fucking hate you," he grumbled and hung up the phone. 

He put his phone away and looked back at Harry again, "yeah so Zayn is kinda obsessed with you and he would probably kill me if he knew I told you this which I'm probably gonna do anyway so I'm very sorry I can't go golfing with you but I dont think I'll be alive till saturday. Sorry," Louis shrugged.

"Okay, I'll make you a deal. If you survive you and Mr.Aladdin will come golfing with us and if you die I'll arrange your funeral" Harry said with a huge smile making Louis groan.

"Do I have to? I will be tired from my fight with Zayn so I won't be any good anyway"

"You are already bad, I don't think that would make much of a difference," Harry said and chugged down the last of his drink. 

"Okay, I'm not that bad," Louis said defensively. "I was eleven, I'm much better now."

"Yeah, I don't believe that"

"Why not? It's golf, how hard can it be?"

"Have you ever actually played real golf? Mini golf doesn't count"

"Well, no. But still, you just hit a ball a couple of miles and hope for the best.  Easy"

"Well I wish you the best of luck. I'll kick your ass and I genuinely hope Zayn is better than you, or there won't be much of a game"

"You've never even seen me play," Louis said, quite offended. "I could be a natural talent, thank you very much."

"If you were I don't think you would break a poor kid's nose," he laughed.

"Okay, that was almost fifteen years ago, " he said and finished the last of his salad.

"Still " he snickered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.9K 2.5K 33
After a long day at work you make a wish and it's granted, causing you to be thrown into the MCU. You fumble your way through interactions with your...
665K 24.5K 38
LARRY STYLINSON, AOB, REALITY AU. Being an Alpha, its hard to control yourself, and thats just in general. Now imagine being a famous alpha. That was...
386K 9.1K 7
Harry is 98% sure Louis hates him. So he feels like his bewilderment is justified when the omega offers to help him through his rut. Alpha Harry, Ome...
40.4K 1.2K 16
"𝖡𝗎𝗍 𝖺𝗌 𝗅𝗈𝗇𝗀 𝖺𝗌 𝖨 𝗋𝖾𝗆𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗂𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎, 𝖨'𝗅𝗅 𝖺𝗅𝗐𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝖨'𝗆 𝖺𝗅...